The Sweetest Wine

By luvbangton

She is 29 when she died from an accident. And then she wakes up in a body of a stranger. To her astonishment... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
Announcement
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chaptet 22
Chaptet 23
chaptet 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 27

3.6K 353 100
By luvbangton

|Ch.27

______

Arabella's Pov|

I was sitting down on the couch in the living room as I turned on the TV to watch a random movie. Ian was still upstairs in his studies with Frieda and her father. I wonder what he is doing.

Shaking my head,I focused on the movie. It's a movie based on a fictional world with supernatural abilities. The moment the main character dude was introduced,I was hooked. And no,not because of any of my women hormones acting up but because of the pure charisma this man was radiating. He was NOT a young man but a middle aged man.

As I was so engaged in the movie,I didn't notice Peter sitting down on the side single couch next to mine.

"He is the richest actor in the industry"

I was startled when Peter suddenly spoke.

"Woah? Really? He is so charismatic and handsome"

Peter nodded with a smile,"He is indeed. But ma'am,this is not your first time seeing him right?"

Well,what can I say. This is indeed my first time seeing him. Would he suspect me if I say yes?

"Well,I don't know. Maybe I've seen him but not sure. Haha,not a big fan"

Peter's eyes went wide in shock. Did I say something wrong?

"You must be kidding me right?"

"No,I am serious"

Peter had this disbelief look all over his face as if I committed a murder,"Ma'am! I think you are the first one to say you are not a fan!! He has a whole fandom with both men and women! Like —he is THE hero of people's hearts!! Most men do not fanboy over actors but this actor is different! Even a man would fall onto his knees if this actor shows up! Teen girls would throw themselves at him! That's how much people love him"

Wow

Is he that famous?

Strangely this dude reminds me of someone but I can't put my mind into it. Have I seen him before?

Mmm,he kinda looks like RDJ,the marvel actor.

"What is his name?",I asked.

Peter was staring me with an unreadable expression making me self conscious. Was I being if I asked the name of a world famous actor? Yeah I guess so.

He suddenly chuckled,"Mateo Everhart,and....he is your father in law,ma'am"

I choked on nothing!

Wait what!

What the hell!!

Never have I ever heard about Ian's father before! All this time,I've been depending on my memory of the novel I read but never have I tried to look into Ian's life. I've been behaving as a reader all this time. No,I can no longer be that reader anymore. I am Arabella. Ian's wife.

"Don't be too sad ma'am. Sir must have thought you already knew. So don't be upset with him for not telling you"

Uh? Why would I be upset at him? It was my fault. My dirtbag is not at fault this time.

"It's fine Peter. But why is he...uh how should I ask this"

Peter,"Why is he an actor instead of a mafia?"

I nodded vigorously.

Peter shrugged his shoulders,"Who knows? It was Mrs. Carrington's choice. But they got divorced eventually. You can ask sir Ian if you want to know more. I only said what the public knows"

Peter couldn't possibly tell me the more crucial information regarding the Carrington family. It would cost his hear. Also,I just realised that the name 'Carrington' was coming from Ian's mother not father. Well,I guess it has something to do with the power Carrington family holds.

Just then a loud scream took broke our conversation instantly. Snapping my head back,I saw a figure stumbling towards us with blood all over her face. My heart leaped into my throat when I realised she was trying to jump on me.

What the fuck!

I couldn't even shut my eyes because of the shock.

Just when I thought I was done for,someone kicked the woman away from me.

Peter.

He stood infront of me,guarding me from the feral woman. Looking down,I recognised her. Frieda. What's up with her? And what the hell?! She is all bloody!! What the hell happened to her?

I stood up and stayed behind Peter while scrutinising her. Bloody hell,what am I even looking at?

Frieda stared at me through her hair as if I were her mortal enemy. If looks could kill,I'd be dead now. But why me? What did I do now?

Behind her,I saw Ian saunting towards us with a gun in his hands. His entire face was covered in blood drops along his neck. Even his shirt was not spared.

When I looked into his eyes,a chill ran down my back. The murderous aura,so similar to the day he attempted to kill me,I could never forget that look. That traumatising day flashed before my eyes as he walked closer. His entire being screamed danger like a walking bomb which is about to explode at any moment.

And the pleasure and satisfaction in his eyes seeing his victim on the floor,he always loved that feeling,right?

Right here,right now,is an Ian who is unstoppable. Meddle in his affairs,you die. Wasn't it what happened to me that day?

I jumped in surprise when Peter kicked Frieda's face. Looking at Peter's face,I was startled to see such a cold expression. It even made me back away from him.

"How dare you look at our madam like that? Lower your gaze",Peter deadpanned.

Frieda chuckled like a maniac. She still dared to look at me with those deadly eyes shooting me daggers of glares. She is crazy,I swear! Just what in the world did I do?!

"It's all because of you! Arabella!! If I die here today,then I swear it will be on you!! You are the cause of —"

Her face was smashed on to the floor by none other than Ian.

I was horrified!

Neither Ian nor Peter looked normal.

"Now now,if I were you,I wouldn't be running my mouth like that",Ian said with a humourless chuckle.

Frieda still kept looking at me through her hair strands with so much rage and anger. A woman with so much determination to kill me under the gaze of two devils,what a vicious woman. But I have to respect her,she is brave unlike me. She is strong headed even to hate someone with so much intensity. I felt self conscious under her ruthless glare.

The temperature around Ian dropped as he seethed in fury when he noticed how she looked at me. His gun was instantly on her head,"How dare you,a lowlife like you to stare at my wife!"

"NO WAIT!"

I couldn't stop myself when I interfered,AGAIN!

Ian paused and stayed still.

Oh no. I'm done. He is definitely going to kill me today.

The moment I arrived in this world,I knew I could do nothing to stop all these killings. So,I accepted my fate to live in this world where killing is necessary to earn the right to live. But that doesn't mean I am fine with having someone killed another person on my behalf. It's not like I pity Frieda,but being a reason for someone's death will not be good to my conscious. The guilt will kill me slowly if not Ian's gun.

But it doesn't matter now,does it? I have signed my own death certificate by interfering in Ian's business again.

Peter immediately grabbed my hand before I could say anything else and pulled me behind his back. This time,to protect me from his own boss. "Ma'am! Please don't interfere! I beg you"

Yes yes yes! I don't want to interfere either! Damn it!

Just what is wrong with my mouth!!

When Ian stood up,I flinched badly and backed away in fear. Good bye,my life!

Ian shoved Peter away harshly and marched towards me.

"Sir wait!!",Peter yelled and tried to stop Ian but he was too late. Ian was already infront of me.

"Hey,did I scare you? I'm so sorry. I didn't think from my head earlier. I won't kill her infront of you,okay? Now come here",Ian said softly with the most gentle eyes I had ever seen.

Wait what!

Am I.....already dead? Is this how angels look like? Wait,why does this angel have blood all over his face?

"Did you stop me to say something? Tell me,I'm listening. My ears are all for my siren",his words sounded like honey making me question who is the real siren here.

I could see the concern etching over his face as he stared at me. He looked at Peter,"Peter,what's wrong with my wife? Is she hurt? Why isn't she saying anything?!"

Peter,"....."

I guess he is also too stunned to speak.

"Are you —",I cleared my throat as I tried speaking. He quickly snapped his head towards me,waiting patiently to hear what I have to say. "Are you not going to k–kill me?",I mumbled with my lips trembling a bit.

I saw his eyes widening slowly and slightly at the realisation why I was so terrified. And the surprise in his face told me that it had shocked himself too. When he is throwing his temper tantrums,anyone who interrupts end up dying or having a serious injury.

And I am still alive and uninjured.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hey guys

Hope you enjoyed

See ya soon

Vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 9.6K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
2.3M 69.6K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
936 52 10
𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮 a the Spanish mafia daughter,after her dad lost her mom he became overprotective about her and hoping not to make the same mistake h...
591K 11.3K 30
After 12 years of being kept captive, Amelia is saved from a deadly car accident. She is thrusted back into her old life surrounded by her family who...