Fate : A Twisted Story

By Author_Amira

Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned u... More

°•°• author °•°•
Chapter : 01
chapter : 02
Chapter : 03
Chapter : 04
Chapter : 05
chapter : 06
Chapter : 07
Chapter : 08
Chapter : 09
Chapter : 10
Chapter : 11
Chapter : 12
Chapter : 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter : 16
Chapter : 17
Chapter : 18
Chapter : 19
Chapter : 20
Chapter : 21
Chapter : 22
Chapter : 23
Chapter : 24
Chapter : 25
Chapter : 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter : 28
Chapter : 29
Chapter : 30
Chapter : 31
announcement
Chapter : 32
Chapter : 33
Chapter : 34
Chapter : 35
Chapter : 36
Chapter : 37
Chapter : 38
Chapter : 39
Chapter : 41
Chapter : 42
Chapter : 43
Chapter : 44
Chapter : 45
Chapter : 46
Chapter : 47
Chapter : 48
Chapter : 49
Chapter : 50
announcement
Chapter : 51
Chapter : 52
Chapter : 53
Chapter : 54
Chapter : 55
Chapter : 56
Chapter : 57
Chapter : 58
Chapter : 59
Chapter : 60
Chapter : 61
Chapter : 62
Chapter : 63
Chapter : 64
Chapter : 65
Chapter : 66
Chapter : 67
Chapter : 68
Chapter : 69
Chapter : 70
Chapter : 71
Chapter : 72
Chapter : 73
Chapter : 74
Chapter : 75
Chapter : 76
Chapter : 77
Chapter : 78
Chapter : 79
Chapter : 80
Chapter : 81
Chapter : 82
Chapter : 83
Chapter : 84
Chapter : 85
Chapter : 86
Chapter : 87
Chapter : 88
Chapter : 89
Chapter : 90

Chapter : 40

276 6 0
By Author_Amira

The sun illuminates the eastern sky with its warmth, the dark clouds play hide-and-seek with it, ray of light pierces the darkness and heralds the new dawn. The heat from the fireplace kept us warm in this winter morning which made the breakfast even more romantic. The sun's rays had already embraced the earth yet I could still see some mist on the glass windows, misting just like raindrops on a rainy day gently touching the window sill. A strange combination of blue on the walls caught my eye, a painful attraction, reminding me of the cries of the people here. However, despite all these drab, the lady before me look full of enthusiasm.

"Lady, I thought whole night about what you said yesterday. What you said is not entirely wrong but us witches coming back to the society, do you think these people will accept us?", She asked, her fear, her hesitation was pointed clearly in her words, her scrunch eyebrows were the proof of that.
"Is this something worth discussing at the breakfast table?", trying to be oblivious to her inquisitiveness, I asked.

"I suppose not," exhaleing she look down at her plate, her spoon halted half dipping in the thick soup, "apologize for the inconvenience." The tone of her voice spoke louder than the words she spoke of.
"Madam Julianna, if you concern yourself with others people opinion about you or your people, do you think that would help you all to live in the light?", she remained silent without answering my words, "Do you want to enslaved yourself to others by any other means?" She recoiled at my words.
"I will say this only once to you, don't ever concern yourself with other people's opinions," I said, wiping my lips with a napkin, "it would be best for you. The breakfast was lovely. I'll be leaving in two hours," I said, getting up from my chair, giving her a slight nod.

At the main door :

"I am greatful for your hospitality, madam. Once I return, I wish for to invite you at our dukedoom. Would that be alright with you?", politely I ask her.
"I would be honoured, your grace" , with a warm smile she replied.
Miya was standing at the door, waiting for me holding a leather suitcase in her hand, which caught my eyes.
"I asked my maids to pack some books for you, hoping that these might be of a help of you someday", Julianna spoke.
"I think you said it was not possible. Are you quite sure of this?", I ask in disbelief.

"It is time for me to open up the doors of this masion, for it has come to us with a shaft, to make the wake up call. We...(she closed her eyes, exhale lightly and than open them again with a stout look) I do not wish to left behind on this thoroughfare. Besides, those are only the copies", dulcetly she utter.

'looks like I got a companion on this rough journey', at the thought a smirk came across my face. "Here", I gave her the alms purse I had, chock-full of gold coins. Madam Juliana was not fool, if there is a give there's also a take. "I can not take it. I still have to come with an outcome", she said pushing the purse backwards to me.
"That is the reason why I am giving this to you." At my words she looks disturbed.
"You should know that what I am giving you now is an investment for this research to go further. I was the one to propose this idea, so it is only netural that I have to invest into this for expecting a great outcome, is it not? I do not doubt your abilities nor I am trying to disgrace you. I hope you do understand what I am trying to say", I said to which she was silent for some time.

"I understood, your grace. Need no worry, after all, who understands magic more than a witch", madam Julianna said taking a hold of the purse.
"Hope to hear from you soon, I wish you as well as may be", politely I said goodbye to her.
Madam also bid me farewell with a polite bow.
I hop onto my carriage, the carriage wheels started to rotate, I took a glance at the Will's mansion through the window. "There will be a warm breeze here soon," in a low voice I murmured.

With hope within her heart, Arya sets off for the dukedom through those snowy paths, not knowing that a storm has stirred in her duke's heart, he is unaware of her letter. What's even more that she is also unaware of her husband's absence. Fate again started its play between them, just when she wanted to build the first pillar of trust in their relationship. Even though they still have not named it yet.

A village near the border :

"In which hour did this happened?", Ivan was inquiring the area which was damaged by a Karken. A corner of this village was demolished by it's attack and three others villages were destroyed by the Karken.

"It was after midnight, close to 1: 15, I suppose", a maiden said.
"And what made you so sure?" Ivan face had lost its brightness for the couple of days which made him terrifying to look at.
The maiden was intimidated by his look and in shaky voice she says, "I had just finished my work and was making my way to my home. The clock on my workplace showed the time, it was 12:50 at that time. It took 20 minutes to come at home for me and after I reached, some moments later that monster attack our village."
"Hmm, you may go", he says.

"Captain, I have scerach the whole area, it is complete disaster. The villagers had taken shelter in Annos mountain." A soldier said to Ivan.
"Why that mountain?", Shock Ivan ask.
"They say that the monster came from that mountain", pointing at the mountain behind Ivan the soldier continue, "which is the opposite side where they are currently staying. They also said that the monster was rather a strange one."

"Well, it is the first time they saw something like that", Ivan said looking at the mountain far in distance.
"That is correct, but that's not what they meant", hearing that Ivan look back at the soldier frowning his brows, "they said it was rather clam than the rest of the monster. As if it had it's own thoughts, it did not attack the villagers randomly. Rather it came to search for something, it kept digging in the soil."

As the soldier finish, Ivan glance down at the ground, "so that's explain why the ground is in this state. What else did they said?" He ask the soldier.
"A boy said, he saw a human figure covered in black hood, her lips kept parting as though she was chanting sometimes. Oh... and a strange light kept emiting from her hand that surrounded the monster."

"Hmm, go look for the other areas", at his command the soldier left.
"First, the strange movements of the Karken and now another figure", Ivan left a deep sigh, 'the Karken move in groups and they don't usually attack in darkness. So what's with this one. Besides they have no intellect, nor an human alley.'
Looking at the mountain his thoughts kept getting tangled, 'why now? It's not time for you to wake up. So how did you came this far? What is it that you are looking for?', stroking through his hair, 'how did things get so out of control?'

At the dukedom :

Arya's carriage reached the dukedom after three days. The journey has drained her, she look like a person who is ready to fade in any moment now. "My lady, we have reached the dukedom", Miya said.
Miya's words were like a knight in the shining armor for Arya. Promptly, Arya's eyes lit up as though she had enlivened again. Sprightly, she sat up upfront, it was a childish act but to Miya this was a bit shocking. For the first time, she saw her mistress act in such way.

As Arya came down from the carriage, the servants were outside waiting for her arrival and up front was the butler and the head-maid ready to welcome their mistress. A breeze light and cool past by, crayying a sent she was fimilar with. With no doubt she knew she had return to a home, nameless to her. Yet this place was much familiar to her than her own home. And that was enough for her.

"Welcome home, madam", everyone greeted her in one tune.
"I am really glad that you are back madam", the butler welcome her boardly with grin.
"Of course, Alfred. Where would have I gone to than?", Playfully I said.
"Welcome back madam. I hope you had a pleasant stay there", smiling Martha said.
I replied her with a smile.
"So, Alfred, did you prepared everything I asked for?" With joy I asked him, at which he startle, and look confused.
"You did, right?" I asked again.
"I apologized madam. But may I ask, what do you meant by that?" confused he ask.
"Did you not receive my letter?" Hearing my query, he gave an expression that looked like he had been struck by lightning.

______•°•°•°•______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.5K 32
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. Info : There's a remake of t...
275K 9.2K 78
ENGLISH An orphaned high school girl trying to live a normal life was caught up in a bullying issue which made her high school life difficult. One ti...
2.4K 41 38
If you like these types of stories then this should be a fun read. One day you were reading your favorite novel with your best friend, but the next...
20.2K 518 30
• What if you got into a book and woke up as a character in that book? • Well... this is the story of a girl who has a depressing life getting a sec...