Her Redemption

Oleh hArl3writess

Katherine is a cunning girl who uses her charm and wit to manipulate those around her, all in pursuit of powe... Lebih Banyak

aesthetics & A/N
1 | Pilot
2 | Twin
3 | Truama
4 | New girl
5 | Threats
6 | Playing boys
8 | Cravings
9 | Brutal honesty
10 | Are you threatening me?
11 | The tape
12 | Denial
13 | Limits
14 | Murder
15 | Car drive
16 | Tension
17 | The truth
18 | - S
19 | Corruption
20 | A lesson
21 | Episode
22 | Favourite person
23 | Dressed in death
24 | Whipped
25 | Stripped from innocence
26 | Oblivion
27 | Spooked
28 | Victim
29 | Halloween Party
30 | Arrested
31 | unmaSked
32 | Betrayal
33 | Surprises

7 | The incident

234 11 3
Oleh hArl3writess

katherine blackthorn

After a few hectic rounds of truth or dare, me and Ellie were invited to come with Rome, Amber, and Darius. Me, Ellie, and Amber sat on the couch, having a front row seat watching Rome and Darius play beer pong with two different boys.

  "Drink up," Darius laughed, ordering one of the boys he and Rome are versing against. He watched the boy with red hair choke on his beer, snorting hysterically while Rome watched in shock.

  His expression was priceless yet cute. Lips parted with his jaw dropped, his features were softened.

  "I think you got a bit off drool over you, sweetheart," Ellie said, causing my eyes to wander away from Rome.

  "What." I muttered, my fingers reaching to my lips. Basically investigating my lips for the drool that was never there.

  She started laughing, Amber following, making me huff in annoyance.

  "Stop admiring from afar, Kath," Ellie said, staring at me with massive ecstasy pupils.

  "I am not admiring," I state.

  "Then why are you staring at him like you want him to take you right here, right now?" Amber asked, giggling, a smile creeping on her lips.

  Deep dimples hallowed her cheeks. Could she get any more pretty?

  "I'm not staring at him like that!" I shake my head, slightly flustered since they caught me. "I will never stare at him like that."

  They both hum in sync, making me roll my eyes whilst taking a sip of my new drink; Peach Schnapps mixed with lemonade.

  "Yo! Katherine!" Darius called over to me.
  "Yes?" I asked, Rome glancing at me.

  "You wanna take my spot? I need to use the loo," Darius said, "And Rome would really like for you to team with him."

  Rome slaps Darius' chest, glaring at him. "What the fuck man!".

  Everyone laughs at him, including me, which seems to make his cheeks flush out of embarrassment. Adorable.

  "Sure," I replied, rising from the sofa. I dust my dress, walking towards the table.

  "Thanks," Darius nods, basically running to the bathroom.

  "Do you know how to play?" Rome asks, passing me the plastic white ball.

  "Of course," I giggle, facing the table. The red headed boy stares at me, whilst his friend who has brunette hair, smirks at me.

  I target the cup in the middle, throwing the ball onto the table before it misses.

  I groan, "Fuck!".
  "Ah, close," Rome said beside me.

  I smile in return, both of us watching the red head throw the ball onto the table before landing in the bottom left cup.

  "Drink up, gorgeous." He laughs, high fiving his friend.

  I rolled my eyes at his complement, picking up the cup he landed the ball in. Reaching for the ball to pull it out, I pass it to Rome before gulping down the beer.

  It was bitter, fizzy, and had a lifeless taste.
  I cringed, "Ew. How can someone love beer? It's vile."

  Rome laughed, "You'll get used to it."

  I look at Ellie and Amber to see that they're already staring. They smirk, showing thumbs up.

  I stick my middle finger up, glaring at them harshly. They laugh, throwing their head backs dramatically.

  What bitches!

  "Yes!" Rome hisses out, catching my attention. The blonde headed boy grunts, picking up the plastic cup which Rome landed the ball in.

  The boy drinks it in one, letting out a noise of cringe. He then throws the cup, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

  He's panting harshly, making sounds like a thirsty dog.

  He then aims for one of the cups, the ball hitting the table, unfortunately missing the plastic cups.

  "I'm back," Darius sneaks up behind me, a squeal crawling up my throat to escape my lips. He laughs hard, "Jeez! You've got a good pair of lungs."

  "Shush," I roll my eyes, slapping his arm.

  I walk away, leaving them play their boring game. As I saunter towards Amber and Ellie, I see another girl sat there. As I'm coming closer, I notice it's Scarlet Campbell.

  Scarlet Campbell is the final person who's included in Rome's group.

  She has blonde hair, the same colour as the sand that you would see on the beach in the summer. An oval shaped face with small heart shaped lips, a defined nose with a diamond nose stud which probably costs my entire wardrobe.

  She has emerald green eyes with naturally long lashes hanging above them.

  My eyes then train over her outfit. A tight silver sequin skirt that shined under the harsh party lights, a black leather bandana tube top, exposing her cleavage and waist, and a pair of black leather, heeled boots.

  "Did you have fun?" Amber asks.
  "A lot," I said with sarcasm. "Hi," I said to Scarlet who smiled at me.

  "So you're the girl Rome is whipped about?" She asks, rising to face me. We stood the same height. Her eyes run down me, inspecting me, looking for any flaws.

  Yet everything about me is a flaw.

  I was feeling threatened under her stare. Uncomfortable. And I didn't fucking like it.

  "Hope I haven't ruined your expectations," I smile, giving her the same treatment she was giving off.

  She laughs, biting the inside of her cheek. "I reckon we're going to get along just fine."

  I was looking for sarcasm. But there wasn't any there.

  There was just Scarlet Campbell smiling at me as if she's found a new best friend.

  "Where is Bella?" Amber asks as we're all seated down. "I haven't seen her since I've arrived."

  "Speak the devil's name," Scarlet rolls her eyes, nodding her head in a direction, "And she summons."

  I rotate my head, finding Bella walking up to us with a confused look on her face.

  "What are you doing with her?" Bella asked Amber and Scarlet before glaring at me. A disgusted look masking her face as she points at me.

  Scarlet and Amber have gone silent. The entire atmosphere changes once Bella arrives.

  "Bella, what is the problem?" I asked, wanting the home wrecker to disappear. Wherever Bella goes, she brings negative energy.

  It's actually sad to watch.

  "You," She laughs, "You are the problem."
  I rise to my feet, not allowing her to have the advantage of being taller than me.

  "You've been the problem ever since you came here," Bella said, shrugging.

  "I'm no problem," I state, people's eyes noticing the arguing that's starting to stir, "The problem is you and your mental state."

  Bella grows confused.
  I step closer, "Do you know how crazy you're acting right now?".

  Ellie, Amber, Scarlet, Darius, Rome, and a few other people surround me and Bella. They all exchange looks, confused on what I'm trying to do.

  "I'm not crazy," Bella laughs, "You are. You're a  killer."

  "And you're a cheater." I said, pouting like a child.
  Everyone started to stare at Rome and I felt bad for bringing it up. I needed something to manipulate her with, so I used her cheating history against her.

  "You slept with another boy on Rome's birthday," I circle around her. Looks like I hurt a sensitive spot considering her face drops. "You ruined him on his special day. You managed to find a way to steal the spotlight because you're a greedy person."

  Tears were starting to gloss her eyes, she's staring at me with murderous eyes. "That's not true."

  "Who are you trying to convince?" I asked, laughing. "Us? Or yourself?".

  Whenever I'm being threatened, my old ways start to surface. It's like I have a completely different personality and it's becoming harder to contain it.

  It's like my mask is slipping. And no matter how hard I try to keep that mask on, my true beauty wants its shine; It's moment.

  Once I hear a sob erupt from Ellie's mouth, my lips are curling into a satisfied smile.

  Every time me and Bella have argued, she's always the one crying in the end. It's time she realises she has nothing on me.

  I've turned around, locking eyes with Rome whose eyes are glossy and his lips are quivering.

  Have I just hurt him without meaning to?

  I'm distracted, too focused on whether I hurt him or not, and Bella takes advantage of that. I feel her hand tangle in my hair, grabbing a fist ball of it and harshly pulling back.

  My eyes squint in pain, immediately turning around to face the red-headed bitch. Her face is bright red, eyes burning with rage as tears are streaming down her face.

  "You bitch! I hate you!" She yells frantically, managing to smack me across the face.

  Everyone, including myself and Bella, gasps.
  I chuckle, my hand is being dragged down the spot Bella just bitch slapped. It's stinging.

  And now I'm throwing my head back, laughing like a maniac until I come to realise; Bella Carter hit me.

  And she deserves more than just being bitch slapped.

  My fists are already clenched, my fumes relying on adrenaline and the euphoric. I swing my entire body, my fist jabbing into Bella's mouth savagely.

  "Oh fuck!" I heard someone scream.

  Blood is starting to pool from her mouth, dribbling down her chin and onto her white crop top.

  Bless, that crop top made her look a little decent.

  Bella stares at me, shocked and high from adrenaline since she hasn't started sobbing. But what I didn't expect was for her to fight back.

  I mean I would also, after being humiliated in-front of the entire year.

  "You little snake," She spits, her hands pressing onto my shoulders, pushing me backwards with full force. I go stumbling until my back crashes into something hard and wet.

  I'm hurdled around with gasps of shock. I turn around to see Rome standing behind me with his beer drowning him. His hair was wet, probably sticky also, and his compression shirt was drenched.

  Which also had an advantage because his shirt made it more clingy. It stuck to his abs like a second skin.

  "Shit," I curse.
  "Rome. Fuck! I'm sorry," Bella says, walking up to him but he shakes his head, walking away.

  I turn my head, almost getting whiplash from how fast I turned it. I see Scarlet, Amber, and Ellie staring at me, shocked, yet directing me to go after him.

  Should I?
  I mean, I should.

  "Look what you did!" Bella screams, "He's going to hate me! All because of you!".

  "He already hates you," I scoff, walking away from her. I'm pushing past the hurdle of people, finally reaching the stairs where I'm alone.

  I'm consumed in my thoughts. Mind and heart racing. I only now noticed my body was trembling because of an unknown emotion. 

  It wasn't fear nor adrenaline.
  It was weird.

  I'm walking up the stairs, passing Fletcher. He gives me a stern look before huffing, "Two lefts, the end at the corridor."

  My face creased with confusion. My eyebrows jerked, "What?".

   "Rome's room," He says it with a smuggy tone, rolling his eyes.

"Oh," Is all I said before following Fletcher's directions. I see a door slightly opened at the end of the corridor. I creep up to it, knocking softly, "Rome?".

  Once the door is fully opened, I'm welcomed by Rome's room.

  Grey floorboards with a black massive carpet, managing to fit the king size bed on it which had the headboard pushed against the wall yet in the middle of the room. Aesthetic, and probably wealthy, paintings hung on the wall.

  Black nightstands are placed on each side of his bed, the left side has a lamp whilst the right has books stored on it.

  A door that probably would lead you into the bathroom. And wardrobes disguised as mirrors.

  "Katherine?" I heard Rome say, making me step further into his room.

  He stood there, shirtless, staring at me with burning eyes of lust and passion. His beer, which looks like water, drips down his sculpted abs.

  "Um," I stutter. Rome must have noticed since he chuckles slightly, "Sorry." I turn around.

  My body cracks as he chuckles once again, "Why are you turning around? For fuck sake, you've been grinding against me." His tone was deep, husky, and filled with contempt.

  To be fair, he had a point.
  So I turn around slowly, watching Rome put on his shirt. "So what do you want?" He asks, stalking towards me.

  "I wanted to say-," I was cut off by my pocket vibrating and chiming, announcing that I've got a text. "Wait one second."

  I reach for my phone and pull it out, my breath hitched as I read the message that came through.

Unknown Number:
'Wow, that was indeed an amazing fight! I've noticed things; You're still the manipulative bitch I remember you as & I think you're starting to catch feelings for loverboy. But remember, it's the things we love most that destroy us.'

I'm staring at the text. Dozing off completely until reality hits me like a bitch.

  This person knows me. And I know them. They're someone from my past, from Georgia. And they know what I did.

  But the most important and scariest thing ever, is realising that they were hiding among the crowd of teenagers that I know from my school.

  Do they go to my school?
  Are they in my class?
  Or did they manage to sneak inside Rome's place? I don't know. But they were here.

  "Katherine?" Rome calls out, it's fuzzy and distant. Everything comes claustrophobic, my heart pounding against my chest chaotically. Demanding to be let free.

  What if they had killed me tonight? They would have achieved their goal.

  My legs have become weak as my body trembles. I am petrified. My mind is sprinting with questions and scenarios that are leading to a panic attack.

  "Katherine," Rome caught me as I fell into him, cradling me into his arms as he sat on the floor.

  I'm looking into his eyes, wanting to close my eyes to fall into a deep slumber, but the ecstasy is peeling my eyes open.

  His soft fingertips graze my flesh, my body regaining its strength. I was so focused in his eyes, I could imagine swimming in the beautiful sage green pool.

  I'd willingly drown in the colour.

  My breathing has come back to normal, as my chest heaves up and down evenly.

  "What happened?" Rome asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, as he stared down at me with adoration.

  I was compelled, the truth spitting out. "I'm a horrible person."

  Rome's face scrunched in confusion. "No. No you're not. Bella deserved what was coming to her."

  I laugh, tears now streaming down my face, probably leaving a trail of red. "It's not about Bella, Rome. It's about me."

  He helps me sit straight, our bodies faced towards each other as we stare deeply into each other.
  "Then who is it about, Kat." Rome nicknames me, and I'm pulled in the moment of awe. "You're not a horrible person."

  Kat.

  I'm torn. I don't know what to do.
  Should I tell the truth or lie?

  Either I lie which is what I'm a professional at, or I tell the truth which would mean that I'd have to experience the trauma again.

  "Please," He cups my face, brushing away the tears with his thumb. His eyes are filled to the brim with desperation, "You just had a panic attack, for fuck sake. I need to know who did this to you."

  I'm sighing, closing my eyes. "I don't know who did this to me," I admit, trailing off, "They're texting me on an anonymous number, basically threatening me."

  Opening my eyes, I see Rome processing the information I just fed him. "Threatening you with what?".

  "My past," I croaked, "To reveal what I did. What I was."

  "What did you do?" Rome asked, and this is where a voice in my head is screaming at me to not confess.
  Yet another voice is screaming at me to confess. To appreciate what we are.

  "Katherine, what did you do?" It was a demand. A strict, yet desperate demand.

  With a lazy smile, I finally admit it. "I made a girl commit suicide."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.6K 295 31
What if everything you didn't know you were looking for was right under you..... May has spent most of her life behind the same four walls doing as s...
15.8K 566 44
When her mom gets arrested for a crime she committed, 17-year-old Xara is forced to leave her life behind and move to London to live with her dad. St...
160 4 21
Katherine has always had a dark past, fears she can't get through, demons she can't slay, desires just in front of her but too far to reach, she may...
872 124 68
NOT EDITED YET! After the death of both of her parents, Mackenzie is propelled into a life that she never envisioned. In this world she loses her gri...