Mafia's Mate

By Chick_ennugget

Clio's life hasn't been easy and she'd like to keep her secrets to herself but even when she's trying to purs... More

Head Hunter
Betrayal
An unbelievable request
Matthew Merikh
Suspect
Wrong encounter
A bad start of the day
Suspicion
Party trouble
Chase
Avoiding trouble
Scoop trouble
The Detective's favor
His deductions
Her 'darling'
Release
Petty tasks
Office romance
What is happening?
Another job
Another Problem
Escape the club
Escape the men
Exhaustion
Sick
In sickness
Get well soon
Problems at hand
My heart is acting weird
City D
HeartBroken
Chance
Drop him back
Mine
Cheer up
Consolation Party
Saturday Meeting
His feelings?
Guest
Hide
Control
Suspect?
The door with a weird vibe
My little troublemaker
Unfortunate
Wake up
Sunday
Funeral
Video Leak
Hospital
Fight
Confront
Freak
Freak pt 2
Prime suspect
Reality
Volume 2- Trapped
Past
Bullies
Crime
Abnormal
Secrets
My secret
Misery
Run
They know
Doubt and guilt
Confession
Risk or trust
My father's ambitions
My identity
That day
Reassurance
Suspicion
Voice
Inspection
The odd questions
Tension
It seems I'm the only one who doesn't know
Dark revelations
Unnerve
Trap
Escape the killer
Caught
Case files
Case closed
Trouble begins
A kidnapping
Not human
Part of the Mafia
His home
New information
Help recover
What am I to you?
What I want
My feelings
Intimacy
The scars of his past
The scars of his past pt 2
Bastard
To the office
The one in trouble
The one in trouble pt 2
Free
Brutal Savior
Misfits of the moon pack
The Misfits in a peaceful place
Transform
Shift
His first
My name
My Missing Mother
Attack
Your biggest mistake
All of my fear
Healing
New beginnings
Azef

Finishing job

1.8K 91 42
By Chick_ennugget

>>Calliope

Matthew's shock changed to affection pretty fast.

He was still a little taken aback by it but I was so happy I couldn't describe it. In that moment nothing else mattered but the fact that I could be with him.

Everything else faded away when he returned my kiss.

Under the moonlight, in the middle of nowhere. His touch ignited sensations within me. His fingertips traced a delicate path along the contours of my face, leaving a trail of warmth in their wake. Each stroke felt like a soft caress, a prelude to the intimacy that lingered in the air.

Our mouths filled with raw passion and desire wouldn't leave the other. I could feel his hands gripping me tightly, pulling me closer to him as if he couldn't get enough.

I loved the sudden intensity of the kiss and my heart raced as his lips met mine with a rough urgency. There was something about it, something fulfilling.

All of the negative emotions, all of the ominous feelings seemed to just fade away as I kept feeling him.

A soft sigh escaped my lips, a reflex to the exquisite sensitivity of his touch. His hand cradled the back of my neck, fingers entwining with the strands of my hair. It was a subtle yet intimate gesture of connection between us.

As our lips met, the lingering sensation of his touch seamlessly merged with the tenderness of the kiss. I felt a sense of longing when his tongue made its way in my mouth, and when he explored the wet areas, fighting my tongue for dominance and swirling around, I felt my own desire rising to meet his. There was a wild electric sensation that rose in my body then and I felt enthralled

His hand cupped my cheek while our fingers intertwined there as well.

I'm sure neither one of us wanted that to end, but both of us knew it was not the place to continue that.

So we slowed down, then parted. It was the slowest parting of lips I know.

My eyes slowly opened and landed onto his "I love you," I caressed his cheeks as I said those words with a heavy breath, "I'm so glad I got the chance to say it," I hugged him, pressing my body onto his as tightly as I could.

As I confessed, the weight of the admission was accompanied by a profound sense of relief.

"I don't think I heard that right," He wasn't expecting me to confess in that situation, "Say it again," He whispered, his breath tingled my lips, "Say it to me again,"

His request made my heart tremble and I gulped, "I love you," I looked into his dark night like eyes, "I love you alot-" And he pulled me into his embrace again.

"Me too," He replied, "I love you too,"

In the safety of his embrace, tears welled up in my eyes, unbidden and powerful. The overwhelming flood of emotions—fear, relief, gratitude—found an outlet in those glistening drops that traced down my cheeks. The weight of the night's ordeal lifted, replaced by the sheer release of pent-up tension.

But what I had done did not leave my mind. I clenched onto my mate's shirt, fear tiptoed its way back to me and I knew I had to deal with it.

"Matthew..." My heart was pounding... "I think I killed him..."

***

"He's still alive," Matthew checked Murim out while I stood far away. Murim's face was bloody, I had hit him far too many times and I didn't want to look at him.

I can't believe I had become a monster like that, forgetting everything and going for brutal violence.

"Really?" I had no idea what to do, "What do we do then?"

"I'll take it from here," He stood up and walked back to me, "I've called the people to take care of it."

I nodded

"Let's go home," He said and I nodded again.

***

Matthew carried me in his arms, all the way back to the packhouse.

There were many wolves waiting there and there were expressions and sighs of relief when they saw I had come back safely. Well, not entirely safely but still, I was back without serious injuries.

The touch of his hand, a reassuring anchor, contrasted with the lingering ache from the night's ordeal. I would usually be so shy about everyone seeing him carry me, but tonight I was simply at peace.

The doors swung open, revealing a haven bathed in soft light. I was back in the pack house.

But something even better awaited me there.

"Lippe!" My mother stood in the center of the room,

"Mom!" Her eyes, mirrors of my own, widened with a mix of relief and worry as we entered. The distance between us dissolved in an instant as she rushed forward. Matthew let me down as she came and enveloped me in a warm embrace.

"Sweetheart," She whispered, her voice trembling with the residual tension. But the weight of the night, the shadows that had clung to me, seemed to lift in the embrace.

"I'm so glad you're okay," I hugged her tightly, "I don't know what I would have done if something had happened to you."

"Me too," She replied, "I never would have thought we'd be followed." She broke the hug and looked at the couch where Bezof was, "This man gave it his all to protect me." She still looked worried about him, "I was able to escape because of him but I got lost and I don't even know when I lost my phone,"

"It's okay," I squeezed her hands tightly, "I'm just glad you made it away safely." Tears welled in my eyes as I held onto her, the scent of familiarity and comfort grounding me in the present moment, "So glad," I then glanced at Bezof, "Is he-"

I was worried he still hadn't woken up, but then he spoke.

"I'm up," He was still laying down, "I'll live," His voice was weak, "But you won't be getting any pancakes for a while."

In the serious atmosphere he cracked a joke that actually managed to make me chuckle.

We all relaxed a little, and then I looked at my mother, "How did you find your way out?"

"Runy found me in the forest," She looked at the she-wolf, " I had actually passed out from exhaustion but the child carried me all the way back.

I looked at Runy, "Thank you," And passed her a soft smile,

She smiled at me in return, then gave me a bow, "It was no problem,"

"Oh my!" My mother looked at me, "You're," I looked at her and noticed she had some horrified expressions on, "Bleeding!!"

"Ah," Oh shit, Seeing Mom safe and sound made me momentarily forget about my wounds, "This- uh,"

"Maam," Matthew reached out for my hand, "I'll get her treated,"

Mom was surprised by him. This was the first time she was seeing him. Do I introduce them?

"Oh?" Mother was confused, "Okay?"

"Mom," I looked at her, and then looked at Matthew, "This is Matthew, the one I told you about."

"Oh," She was confused, "I see," Unsure what to do, "Okay," She just ended up nodding in her confusion.

"You should rest," Matthew told my mother, "It's gotten very late and I'm sure you're exhausted."

"Oh! But," She looked at me, "Her injuries,"

"I'll see that they're treated properly." He replied, "I own his whole place, I'll take her to the doctor," He spoke firmly but softly, "Don't worry."

"Um," She was unsure.

"It's okay Mom," I replied, "I trust him," I squeezed Matthew's hand in mine. My words made my Mom think and eventually she relaxed.

"Alright,"

"Runy," Matthew looked at her, "Take her to her room and make sure she has everything."

"Yes Alpha," She bowed and then came rushing over to guide my Mom away.

We both watched her leave and once she was gone, we looked at each other.

"Let's go," He said and didn't wait for my response. He simply swooped me back up in his arms which startled me.

"Again?" I said that but I automatically wrapped my arms around him.

He snickered, "It's best if you don't move with those injuries," He began to walk, "And you don't have to when I can just carry you."

I felt shy at his action but so very affectionate as well. As he carried me, I placed my head on his chest. I heard the rhythmic beating of his heartbeat which calmed my thoughts

"It's finally over, isn't it?" I asked softly

"It will be," He answered, "Everything will be taken care of before the sun rises." He looked down at me, "Calliope," My heart skipped a beat when he called my name. There was something very lovely about it, "You won't need to fear anyone again."

That line sounded so foreign, yet it was the one I had craved to hear for years. It made my heart relax and my eyes welled up with tears.

But tonight was the only night these were tears of happiness and gratitude. There was this sense of relaxation seeping into my heart, my soul, and even my bones.

Like everything was telling me I could finally relax.

"Hmm," I smiled, a genuine relaxed smile, "Finally,"

***

>>Azef

I stared down at Murim's body. Funny it was to look at how he was still alive. Sister-in-law sure did a great job though

I let out a chuckle.

Nice work for someone like her. I admired it and I liked it.

I would give her a 10/10

"You're quite stubborn aren't you?"

He tried to reach his hand out to me but I kicked it away, "H-help,"

I folded my arms, "Why should I help you?"

"A-azef..."

"Ew," I was disgusted, "Don't call by name," I got my gun out, "I would love for you to suffer more but sadly, from the bottom of my heart truly sadly, I have no time to spare."

He tried to protest,"Wait-"

I didn't

I shot him in the head and then turned around, "Have the body incinerated and throw the ashes in the sea," I told the pack members working directly under me, "And make sure to take care of the blood and his car."

"Yes Boss!!"

Author's Bullshit

One final chapter to go and the book is over! People don't forget to leave your reviews!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 71.8K 53
About the arranged marriage to a billionaire's "son".
10.9K 1.2K 15
A wealthy business owner teams up with a bumbling investigator to uncover the reason his girlfriend died four years earlier. Will he get the answers...
676 28 28
Stella Nox is seventeen, but has barely experienced anything, which is ironic since her mom is the definition of a man-eater. But all of that changes...
2K 437 59
A female serial killer is on the loose, and a team of experts and the media struggle to capture her. Only leaving the sole evidence of dressing in a...