Mafia's Mate

By Chick_ennugget

Clio's life hasn't been easy and she'd like to keep her secrets to herself but even when she's trying to purs... More

Head Hunter
Betrayal
An unbelievable request
Matthew Merikh
Suspect
Wrong encounter
A bad start of the day
Suspicion
Party trouble
Chase
Avoiding trouble
Scoop trouble
The Detective's favor
His deductions
Her 'darling'
Release
Petty tasks
Office romance
What is happening?
Another job
Another Problem
Escape the club
Escape the men
Exhaustion
Sick
In sickness
Get well soon
Problems at hand
My heart is acting weird
City D
HeartBroken
Chance
Drop him back
Mine
Cheer up
Consolation Party
Saturday Meeting
His feelings?
Guest
Hide
Control
Suspect?
The door with a weird vibe
My little troublemaker
Unfortunate
Wake up
Sunday
Funeral
Video Leak
Hospital
Fight
Confront
Freak
Freak pt 2
Prime suspect
Reality
Volume 2- Trapped
Past
Bullies
Crime
Abnormal
Secrets
My secret
Misery
Run
They know
Doubt and guilt
Confession
Risk or trust
My father's ambitions
My identity
That day
Reassurance
Suspicion
Voice
Inspection
The odd questions
Tension
It seems I'm the only one who doesn't know
Dark revelations
Unnerve
Trap
Escape the killer
Caught
Case files
Case closed
Trouble begins
A kidnapping
Not human
Part of the Mafia
His home
Help recover
What am I to you?
What I want
My feelings
Intimacy
The scars of his past
The scars of his past pt 2
Bastard
To the office
The one in trouble
The one in trouble pt 2
Free
Brutal Savior
Misfits of the moon pack
The Misfits in a peaceful place
Transform
Shift
His first
My name
My Missing Mother
Attack
Your biggest mistake
All of my fear
Finishing job
Healing
New beginnings
Azef

New information

2.2K 102 21
By Chick_ennugget

>>Clio

I waited for his answer. I don't know what I was expecting. I don't even know why I went ahead and asked something so sensitive. Kill someone as a kid?

As if,

For a kid to start killing, what kind of circumstances would one be in to do that? And how stupid of me to ask that. Maybe I'm just too nervous. And well, scared as well. And I can't forget how anxious I am along with being low on sleep. I shouldn't be asking something so delicate out of the blue. I'll just take that back-

"I did," He answered and my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. My stomach did a thing, I felt like it churned but it also felt like a knot formed in it and I froze, "I haven't kept a record though." He answered calmly but his voice had gotten low, "I don't see the point of that."

...

It stung. A sense of dread engulfed me, "You," My voice came out shaky. Panic rose but the fear was more dominant, "You started killing as a child?" Saying that out loud made it sound worse.

He's a young assassin? Or something along those lines? I felt nauseous. More than cruel, I felt that was pitiful.

"No," He began to move his fingers again, "I didn't start killing as a kid. But my first kill was when I was a kid."

Oh...

I get that he wasn't a young killer but to have killed as a child doesn't make the situation any better. I wonder what happened? Was his first kill an accident? Was it intentional?

I couldn't ask,

I gulped, I didn't know how to respond to that. The information was heavy. He has killed people. Kill... Murder... How is he different from a serial killer then?

"But I'll say this," He answered as if he had read my mind, "Never was there ever an innocent person among the people who died. All the people were criminals." He paused for a second to see if I said anything, but when I didn't, he continued, "The underworld is a place where anyone could die at any moment, especially if you're a low rank member."

"...."

"This is why you never hear of deaths like these, ninety percent of these people are homeless orphans who ended up on a dark path."

....

My heart was heavy but I also knew he was right. We never hear of any deaths happening in the underworld... And I've always understood that the mafia and the organized crime syndicates have their own rules and values. Yet still, I can't grasp the concept of killing people easily.

"Even that person you killed in high school?" I asked softly.

"Yes,"

I pursed my lower lip, "You really chewed his throat out?"

"That's how wolves fight,"

Ah... Right... He's not human. There was so much new information, so much happening, I felt so tired mixed with it all.

"So, you're a werewolf?"

"You saw it with your own eyes." His voice sounded monotone. The tenderness when he asked about my injuries seemed to have vanished... Was he offended that I was treating him like a criminal?

But, he is a criminal. And I don't know how to deal with that.

"And that guy you killed in high school was one too?"

"Yea..."

"I see," Just picturing it made my skin stand up. Seeing a man covered in blood of another on a cold misty morning. Seeing a mutilated body under him, and seeing a part of the dead person in the killer's bloody mouth. It must have seemed like a nightmare, "What about the ones you killed today?"

"Humans"

"..."

I guess wolves must be able to tell humans apart from others like them... But humans can't do that. Must be why they can blend in so well with us.

I felt like the pain in my head calmed a little. It was subtle, a very light change, but it got less. It was odd, he didn't do much, just ran his fingers through my head, he wasn't even giving me a massage.

"So, there's something Harou said to me," I think it's time I just straight up ask him.

"What?" He seemed curious.

I fiddled with my thumbs, feeling a little nervous. I didn't want to sound like I was full of myself or anything but I was awfully curious, "Um," I cleared my throat, "He said you'd always know if I got in trouble." I tried to move my head and glance at him, "It sounds weird, how would you know if I was in trouble?"

Yes, it sounds odd. But this has been the fourth time he came to help me when I was in trouble. He found me when I was attacked in Lux by Zhou-Lin. He found me when Zhou-Lin kidnapped me. He found me when Chris was about to kill me.

My heart started to pound as I counted the incidents.

And tonight as well, he found me when I was in deep shit trouble. Somehow, he's always managed to come to my rescue.

My chest felt giddy,

It can't just be a coincidence. Something like this can't happen again and again by pure luck.

I glanced at Matthew, feeling shy. It was strange. He had scared me today. Mercilessly killed people in front of me. Not that I feel any remorse for them. If I had been caught, only God knows what might have happened to me.

So I'm really thankful he came.

But now that I'm focusing on him saving me again and again, I feel like a teenager with a major crush all over again.

What is wrong with me? My emotions are all over the place. Hell! My thinking is all over the place too! What am I doing?!

"Werewolves are special," Matthew replied,

"Special?" I get that they're different. Obviously they're different but how? "Special how?" I asked,

"Because there are many special abilities about us."

"Like?" I turned my head to look at his face and he slipped his hands away from my head. A tingle of hurt throbbed in my skull when his touch faded and it felt like the peace and healing suddenly stopped.

"Like staying with me could heal your injuries faster." He answered with a calm expression on his face.

???

I looked at him in confusion as he walked around me and came to the front. My gaze followed him as he came to stand in front of me, then kneeled down.

"What?" I stared at him suspiciously. Staying with him can heal my injuries faster? What? Is he a mage or something? How is that even possible? "Please, don't lie to me."

"I'm not," He replied, "Doesn't your head feel a little better now?"

!!!!

It dawned upon me that he was right. But how did he know that my head felt better? I didn't tell him. Is this the special ability he's talking about?

"How...?" I frowned, "How can you do that?"

"I'm serious, want me to show you?"

"Show me?" I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion,

"Yes," He was already kneeling in front of me, but that's when his hands moved to my legs. The moment his hands touched my legs I flinched.

It wasn't even skin to skin contact. I was wearing my pants but somehow it made me nervous.

"What are you going to do?" I asked

"You got hurt, didn't you?" He folded my pants up, revealing the scratches and bruises I got when I fell.

"Yea..." I mean he can see them now too. What else am I supposed to say here? "What about them?"

"They hurt?" He also grabbed my sleeves and folded them up, revealing the scraped skin that stung like hell.

"Yes, but only a little," My chest felt tight. He looked at my legs and I felt butterflies but I also felt nervous. He was focusing on my skin and that got me feeling a little restless.

Just what will he show me? What is he planning? Is he going to run his fingers along there too? Like he did with my head? It did make me feel better but as soon as he broke contact the pain came back.

So, his method doesn't really work well.

I gulped, "What are you going to do?" He raised his head to look back at me, "How do you plan on doing it?"

"I'll give you a warning beforehand."

"Warning?" I raised my brows at him,

"Yes," He placed his hand on my calve making me flinch again, "I'm going to do it no matter what."

"Do what?" I clenched my fists that rested on the sofa by my hips.

"Werewolves can help in healing by using their saliva," He replied, "And I'm going to use that on you."

"Excuse me?" For the first couple of seconds, the information just went over my head.

"I don't want to see you in pain. I couldn't do this before but now that you know I'm a wolf, this method is better."

I stared at him while my heart flipped in my ribcage. It took me a few moments to catch on, and then my cheeks heated, "WHAT!?" I panicked, "You're going to do that!!!?"

"I'm going to lick your body,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

788 297 11
Scarlet Cline is in the wrong place at the wrong time, leading up to a bloody red apple killing her. After being brought back to life by a mad Germa...
18.5K 768 21
"You will leave me when I tell you to leave me," he said to me, tears spilling out of his eyes, "do you understand?" I was so shocked that I couldn't...
62.9K 2.8K 59
Tan Clayton who's a businessman and has a condition, he loses his memory and becomes someone who is the complete opposite of his former self and only...
278 12 13
In order to puzzle together the murders of four women, Ms. Lee finds herself spending an evening with Mr. Carter. But what price will she have to pa...