Mafia's Mate

By Chick_ennugget

Clio's life hasn't been easy and she'd like to keep her secrets to herself but even when she's trying to purs... More

Head Hunter
Betrayal
An unbelievable request
Matthew Merikh
Suspect
Wrong encounter
A bad start of the day
Suspicion
Party trouble
Chase
Avoiding trouble
Scoop trouble
The Detective's favor
His deductions
Her 'darling'
Release
Petty tasks
Office romance
What is happening?
Another job
Another Problem
Escape the club
Escape the men
Exhaustion
Sick
In sickness
Get well soon
Problems at hand
My heart is acting weird
City D
HeartBroken
Chance
Drop him back
Mine
Cheer up
Consolation Party
Saturday Meeting
His feelings?
Guest
Hide
Control
Suspect?
The door with a weird vibe
My little troublemaker
Unfortunate
Wake up
Sunday
Funeral
Video Leak
Hospital
Fight
Confront
Freak
Freak pt 2
Prime suspect
Reality
Volume 2- Trapped
Past
Bullies
Crime
Abnormal
Secrets
My secret
Misery
Run
They know
Doubt and guilt
Confession
Risk or trust
My father's ambitions
My identity
That day
Reassurance
Suspicion
Voice
Inspection
The odd questions
Tension
It seems I'm the only one who doesn't know
Dark revelations
Unnerve
Trap
Escape the killer
Caught
Case files
Case closed
A kidnapping
Not human
Part of the Mafia
His home
New information
Help recover
What am I to you?
What I want
My feelings
Intimacy
The scars of his past
The scars of his past pt 2
Bastard
To the office
The one in trouble
The one in trouble pt 2
Free
Brutal Savior
Misfits of the moon pack
The Misfits in a peaceful place
Transform
Shift
His first
My name
My Missing Mother
Attack
Your biggest mistake
All of my fear
Finishing job
Healing
New beginnings
Azef

Trouble begins

2.5K 93 24
By Chick_ennugget

>>Zhou-Lin

I was sitting in the hotel lounge when the news about the Head Hunter came on. On the request of the people sitting there the volume was turned on and raised.

Everyone was pretty relaxed that the serial killer causing terror among common people had finally been caught.

I picked up my glass from the round table in front of me to take a sip of my drink.

Hmm?

It was quite amusing to see that the killer was a half-wolf working under Matthew. She might never have gotten caught if she didn't kill her own daughter. Matthew was quite attached to that kid.

I licked my lips and swirled the glass around in my hands as the reporters rushed to question Chris who was being transferred after the court hearing.

"Why did you do it?" The reporters asked.

"What were your motives behind the murders?"

"Did you kill your own daughter to avoid suspicion?"

"Why go after a boy?" A reporter asked and Chris stopped, "There was a certain pattern to your killings, and it was always women, why go after a boy this time?"

!!!

I paused

Uh-Oh...

Chris was right next to the van she was about to be shoved into, but she still turned around and looked up. Her gray eyes were clear and wide as she stared back at the reporter who asked the question, "A boy?" My heart dropped, "I never chased a boy."

"Wait, so that victim who got away wasn't a boy?"

"No," She passed a triumphant smirk and I felt a little pang of guilt. The officer then shoved her into the car while the reporters got frantic.

Oh Holy...

I talked to Murim because it never crossed my mind that something like this could happen. I looked away from the screen. I'll just pretend my meeting with Murim never happened. If Matthew finds out I gave him the location of Clio's workplace, he'll bite my head off.

Most of the reporters had no idea who the last survivor was but one of the reporters did. A female reporter, from another channel. And as she called out Clio's name, naming him and bearing him in front of the world. The others immediately copied her and the male news reporter of the Channel we were watching made his statement as well.

"So apparently that last victim who turned into a survivor, Clio Pane, was never a boy to begin with but rather a girl in disguise. No one knows why she goes around acting and dressed as a male but unfortunately for her, she still couldn't escape the eyes of the Head Hunter but fortunately for us, Clio turned into a survivor and lived to tell the tale."

I was a little taken aback by that too. Considering Clio is already in trouble and is trying to hide from the soma's, this will definitely expose her.

"Shit," I let out a low curse but it came out along with someone else cursing with me at the exact same time.

"Oh Shit,"

I looked to my side, about only a step back from the couch I sat on, stood a blonde handsome man. He heard me curse too and turned his head down towards me

Ah!

"Detective Harou," I passed him a smile.

"Zhou-Lin," He wasn't pleased to see me but I could say the same.

"What brings you here?" I asked

He looked back at the TV, "You," He answered as he watched the reporters make a whole fuss about the case.

I glanced back at the screen too, "Me?" I asked, "Sounds like you're flirting with me, detective."

"Yes, many criminals say that," He folded his arms. He looked a little worried. Is he acquainted with Clio? He must be, he made the arrest and all, "I need to talk to you about the two college students you killed."

"Me? I didn't kill anyone."

He rolled his eyes, "They had families,"

"Very sad," I replied, looking elsewhere. I held no remorse for people who bullied others because they were different, "I guess their families failed to raise them right."

"..." When the detective didn't answer. I looked back at him. He was looking at me with a pitiable expression.

??

It triggered something in me. No, it annoyed me.

"And how do you reply to that?" I focused on Harou again.

"To what?"

"When people say you're flirting with them."

He looked down at me as he leaned over placing a hand on the head of the couch, "I don't flirt with men." His face came close to mine for a moment but I didn't move.

A smirk appeared on my lips. Now that I'm looking at him this closely, he's really good looking. Especially now that he's worried and has such a serious expression on. He made his statement and moved back to stand up straight.

"What if I'm not a man?" I asked and there was visible confusion on his face.

It was funny to see such a capable man get confused.

It was funnier because I wanted to mess with him more.

"What?" He stared at me, a frown appearing on his handsome face

Come to think of it, since Matthew already found his mate, I doubt I'll get the chance to sleep with him again. His rut was the only time he lost his mind enough to not recognize me.

"What?" I shrugged,

He shook his head, "What are you trying to say?" He looked at me, "Not a man, are you trying to say you're a female?" He shook his head, "You're clearly not," He stared at my face, "Except that pretty face of yours I guess,"

I passed him a relaxed smirk as I leaned against the back of the couch, "There's a reason I got away with sleeping with men and they never found out." I winked at him

He frowned, "Wait a minute," His detective senses started tingling.

"Oh," I folded my arms, "I'll wait," I pointed at the bottle of vodka in front of me, "As long as you come and drink with me."

>>Clio

Imani burst into my room, "Clio?!" She stopped at the door frame and I turned my head to look at her.

Her eyes were wide open and she was struggling with her words. She would open her mouth only to close it again. My heart was beating wildly but looking at Imani made me feel she was trying to look for words that wouldn't hurt but was unable to find them.

I felt anxious.

Just how many people found out? I'm sure Murim and his family found out... There's no way my luck is that good that somehow they missed it when the whole nation knows.

"Clio," Imani finally managed to speak but she didn't move from her place, "Is it true?" She asked and then pointed at the lounge. I couldn't see it from here but I knew she was referring to the TV, "Are you a girl?"

The words stung for some reason. It was the truth and there was no hidden meaning behind her words, it was just a question.

But it stung because reality dawned upon me once again the word was out and I was done for.

I just hope mom doesn't find out.

***

>>Matthew

"Harou didn't arrest you?" Azef sat on the swing in the garden of the pack house.

"He had no proof to arrest me," I replied, "Just his intuition."

"I doubt he would just let you go,"

I sat on the garden chair enjoying the breeze. It's rare and I'm not used to it. But coming back to my own pack sure feels nice, "Well he can try all he wants, I doubt he would find sufficient proof."

"And what if he does?"

I had my eyes closed but a subtle smile made my lips curl up, "Well, he does owe me, I can use that if needed."

"Ah~" He then smirked, "He had a chance to finally get you in trouble. Too bad for him." He brought his index finger up and shook it, "Don't ever owe an enemy a favor." He swung lightly, "But on that note, he does know zhou-lin is the one who killed the boys in clio's apartment."

"Yeah, he followed me a lot that day and he knows I got Clio back from Zhou-Lin's place as well."

"He didn't show up in the CCTV?"

"There is a video of him walking in that direction but that's no proof."

Azef let out a sigh, "As if he can do anything against the Jade twins."

"He can't, but I doubt he won't try,"

Azef let out a snicker, "That would be funny," He hopped off the swing, "Because I know for sure the twins have many secrets of their own." He folded his arms, "But when are you going back to the city? Don't you have to clear things up with Chicky?"

I let out a sigh, "Soon,"

"The court hearing was today," Azef took out his phone as soon as he received a message and looked at it, then paused, "Oh shit,"

"What is it?"

He looked at me, "Look at your phone," He replied, "Chicky's in trouble."

"What?"

Author's bullshit

Confused about Zhou-Lin's identity? Well, I think it's better to leave it to interpretation. I like it being a mystery character. Is Zhou-Lin male? Female? Both? An alien? You can think of it however you like. I do have an answer in my mind, but I don't know if you all will like it or not, so I'm leaving it a mystery.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 167 9
Four personalities Two souls One love story. Not the usual love, not the easy love, not the fake love but the unusual one, the difficult one, the t...
2M 71.8K 53
About the arranged marriage to a billionaire's "son".
62.9K 2.8K 59
Tan Clayton who's a businessman and has a condition, he loses his memory and becomes someone who is the complete opposite of his former self and only...
2.1K 282 35
Once again her dark past wants to write its self , but the only difference this time she has someone to save her from its vicious claws But not only...