Shades of Lies ✔ [Completed]...

By Imperfectwrts

Athulya Oberoi, once a sunshine girl, saw her aspirations dimmed by life's harsh incidents. Despite wishing t... More

Copyright
Characters (Updating Aesthetics)
1.Party Night
2. Night of Devils
3. New beginnings
4. Diwali Night
5. The lost Soul
6. Her Secrets
7. Traitor in the House
8.Sweet Memories
9 .No one is saint
10. The Fight
11. Explanations!
12. The project
13. Boss Lady
14. Her Fate
15. When the Families met
17. Becoming a star?
18.Dreams into reality
19. Little Friend
20. Sneaking Inside
21 . Punishment?
22. Therapy Session
23. Ownership?
23. Health Checkup
24. I want it for my son
25. I am Sorry
26. Betrayal and Torture
27. Fighting Back
28. Proud Of You!
29. Annabelle
30. Mystery Man
31. Heels, Guns, and Red Wine
32. Silent Storms Within
33. Jet-Set Intrigues
34. Mafia Chess: Playing the Game of Power
35. The Checkmate: It Was My Game
36. Familiar Scents, Unfamiliar Threats
37. Winning Goals and Whispered Memories
38. In the Shadows of Instability
39. The Dark Secrets of Shekhawat's Empire
40. Shattered Wings : The Unwanted Union
41. Lost Friendships, Found Roots
42. Discovering Blood Bonds
43. Navigating emotions, Crafting plans
44. She is my Kiddo!
Part 2 of the book
Thank you and revelations

16. Drama Queen

4.1K 293 7
By Imperfectwrts

Dad dragged from there , I kept looking at my best friend before I managed to remove his hold from my hand. He gave me stare before opening the front door to sit, I opened back door almost jumping inside , I closed it with loudest possible noise. Two pair of eyes are not enough to scare me. There's a huge difference in giving respect and getting scared. I hates it when I am objectified , when they thinks I can be used, thrown , dragged and dusted off when needed. Even if I hates my existence still then they don't have right to treat me like that. I may not be a  procelain doll but I knows very well how to be an Annabelle.

He looked in the front mirror , directly into my eyes but didn't turned away. He always does this to think I will get scared away, I looked away all those times but never from fear. Never!

"I didn't saw you in the hall , at starting. What were you doing?" I kept looking in his eyes with my best ruthless way. After maintaining eye contact for a minute, he blinked and looked away.

"I was sleeping" I spoke casually.

"You was doing what?"

"Sleeping!" I yelled and Daniel looked at me with his haunting black eyes. My dad gasped and shook his head.

"Stop lying"

"Okay! Fine! I was high on.., or maybe I was busy with boys or maybe I was busy at the momos corner on the road , or maybe I was in a party at bar. Tell dad, which lie fits in place of truth better than it."

"Athulya! He shouted but not looking at me from mirror but by turning back this time. I kept mum , looking out from window as if I didn't heard what he said.

"Look at me when I am talking. I ignored when everyone said that you got spoilt because of my love thinking that are sensible. But you proved me wrong! I am ashamed to be called as your father. I does not wants to get harsh on you, but being your father I have to correct you wherever you are wrong. " I still kept mum but he paused looking at me as he changed his tone into warm.

"You know why did I sent you study abroad and not your brother? Because I thought you are worthy of it and he will only get into wrong things there. But your behaviour these days made me regret my decision." He continued the topic and I took out my camera to take some photos , still ignoring him.

"Don't you know that you can't take anyone's picture without their consent?"

  Consent? It's a very deep word , which we use carelessly but I know what power it holds. 

"Don't worry dad , they doesn't knows I am capturing them and neither I am going to tell them. It's a secret dad" I woke up the kid inside me, and that kid is just running out of patience to start overacting.

"You are diverting me from the main topic , put your camera down!"

"Please .. please my lovely dad .. please"  I made a puppy face.

"No! And don't forget that you will get punishment for your behaviour once we reach home"

"Dad....." Crocodile tears came in my eyes, no , actually I tried hard to bring them. I started sobbing lightly. He looked through the mirror and raised his eyebrows, even our driver chuckled lightly.

"Stop it! You are not a kid"

"You are very bad dad..." 

"Daniel, make her stop . She is eating my ears."

"Make her what? Am I a nanny? You should have hired a nanny in this case not a bodyguard." He gave an excuse . Poor man , my new nanny. Dad gave an angry look and he gave up. I wish I could record it .

"Ok! Stop overacting" He spoke looking away.

"I am not going to.." 

"Stop crying" 

"Is this how you comfort a crying person?" I looked directly into his eyes and he lowered his gaze.

"No, this way is to stop rubbish things!" He spoke like it is the ultimate truth.

"Say that again"

"I don't repeat! " He shouted at me.

"Actually, I don't understand what language are speaking!"

"What?" Raising his eyebrows , he asked confused by my words.

"It sounds like bullshit!"

"I swear, this is a second hand insult" And the driver laughed loudly., poor man , he was really a good soul. Where  will I get a driver like him now.

"Did I asked you to check the insult level? Shut your mouth before I do it forever"

Dad took out his gun and palced it in front , after that the whole ride went silent. Did , I said I never gets scared? Pardon me then.

The silence was killing me but then gun will kill more, so I remained silent looking through the photos I took. I was finding a perfect one to paint, that's what I does always. Take a lot of photos and pick a few to paint. 

We reached home and checked the time, it is still early , I can do lot of things in this time. I calculated everything in my mind but all the calculations mixed up as someone dsturbed me.

"Mam, Do you have to go anywhere else?" I looked aroung to see, Dad and Daniel both already went inside the house , leaving me here. And our poor driver thought I want to go somewhere else.

"No, Not now" I opened the door , stepped out and closed it very lightly not wanting to scare him.

Entering the house , I saw the men were already sitting too comfortably on the sofa. Nihal bhai placed his hands behind his head and his legs were on the table , dad was sitting with both his legs on the sofa. He didn't even removed his shoes. It is only 3 in the afternoon, are they planning to drink this early? 

I was starving from hunger , so not thinking much about them I made my way to the kitchen . It was empty, I went back to hall.

"Where is mom?" I asked commonly from all of them but focused my eyes on dad.

"She is at some party with Mrs Shekhawat" Nihal bhai replied looking at his phone.

"And Shanta Aunty?" I noticed she wasn't here as well .

"On leave" Dad replied me , even he was looking at Bhai's phone.  I wonder what is going on? They both are glued at his phone but Daniel looked uninterested as he was busy on a call.

"Go upstairs and don't come down until I ask you to" Dad ordered me, pointing his fingers and the lines formed on his forehead

"Why?" I asked shrugging my shoulders, stepping a bit close to them as they moved his phone more towards them. What are they hiding?

"Punishment for today" 

"Can't we change it a bit. I will got out and will not be coming back until you calls me." I spoke out whatever came to my mind knowing he will not agree that easily.

"Where will you go? Roaming at streets?"

"No! I was thinking of going to a b-bar" I hesitated to speak it , what if a slap came on cheek from any direction.

"Fine! But don't drink that much that you don't know whether you phone is ringing or not. And don't create a scene"  He replied giving a warning , Daniel kept looking at him. Maybe to stop him , how can he let anything go as per my wish.

"And don't take drugs " Not able to stop himself he added  his point. I nodded to to three of them and left straight from the door. I already took my wallet, phone and gun as I was so sure that I am going out.

Standing out of my house I stopped to wait for a taxi. After a wait of 5 minutes , a taxi came and I opened the door to sit inside. I didn't even asked him whether he will go or not. The young man , got a bit scared at my sudden action. He must be thinking me of some goon who sat inside the rob him. Wow, lady goon! Great idea!

"W-where do you want to go Mam?"

"Street Club" I checked the address on my phone again to confirm before replying. He nodded and started the taxi. I took a while to reach there , I was patient in the whole ride but my phone wasn't . It kept ringing , I doubt if he is so impatient then will we be able to make a deal or not.

Stepping out of the car, I took out cash to pay him.

"Keep the change" I spoke before he could say anything, I was in a hurry so I rushed in before getting stopped by the bouncer.

"Age proof" I looked at me thoroughly beofre speaking. Maybe, he was trying to guess my age.

"Enjoy!" I took out some cash and placed it in his pocket and showed him my card. Sometimes I thinks the surname Oberoi comes with its set of advantages and entering a 21+ club is one of them.

He smiled at me gesturing me to get inside. As soon I stepped in , my ears went deaf. The music was too loud , people were dancing like crazy in the middle , while, some were sitting and admiring them from the drink side. I noticed it was mostly ocupied by men and most of them looked like they belonged to elites. Making my way towards the drink area, I grabbed a chair for me avoiding some curious eyes. 

"What would you like to have?" The bartender asked me.

"Anything non-alcoholic" I was unaware about the available drinks .

"Sure Mam!"

He nodded and left from there to get my drink and a man sat beside me catching my attention. I recognised him.

"Why so angry from alcohol young lady ?"

"Talk about the business not my taste"

"Well, you are my guest so it's duty to offer you, ask you and to make sure you are comfortable"

"Didn't you got any other place or don't you have any apart from this club of your?"

"I was there today so I thought to meet you here, even you will be able to enjoy yourself and I will get a chance to be your host at my bar"

"I already have created the contract, go through them carefully before signing. So that once you sign you don't blame me"

"What's the need to read when a pretty young lady , sitting in front of me in my own bar is so sure and confident. Well, I didn't expected you to be that young, seriously."

He read the paper once , not so thoroughly .

"Isn't 50 too much?"

"Then how about 75?"

"45"

"80"

"Wait! I am asking to reduce not to increase"

"I don't know backward counting , this will only be increasing from here . If you want then take it at 50 else I have a lot in my inbox dying for reply." 

"I could get the same deal at 40 "

"Then go there , I have not holded your hands" He spilled his wine on the bartender.

He thought a bit , sipping two glass of wine . I am sure he is tricking me , and it's not that I am dying to get this deal.

"Done! Payment will be transferred once you are done" He started the conversation again.

"I need half payment in advance" I put forth this condition , I knew these people very well.  He ia just underestimating me but I am not that fool.

"Quite clever for this age. I will send the advance." 

I excused myself to get out from there before I loss my hearing sense. Also , as my work is done there was no sense of staying there any longer. I saw him drinking a whole bottle filled from wine before stumbling from his stool. I somehow controlled my laugh and went out. 

I checked my phone , there was no call from my dad. It means program still going on , so I can continue mine as well. I dialed Nidhi .

"Are you free?" 

"Umm.. why? I mean yes"

"Can we meet?"

"Wait.. Did you fought again? Where?" 

"At cafe" I thought of keeping suspense

"Coming in 5 minutes" She spoke in a hurried tone.

"Don't forget to bring your phone, and file and your brain as well" I spoke nonchalantly

"Yes, yes , yes..!"

"And inform at your home that you can be late"

"Okay! Wait.. did you said me to bring my brain? yes you did! Hello.. h-hello .. listen.. you"

I ended the call leaving towards the cafe which was at walking distance. I have already booked a table for us to avoid disturbance. I took her 20 minutes to come , my patience was killing me.

"So, tell me since start. How did it started? What was your reacting?" She started asking questions as soon she sat at the chair.

"What started?" I asked not knowing what she is asking.

"The fight!" 

"Which fight?"  I thought a bit in my mind, as per me I didn't fought today, neither yesterday.

"The fight at cafe, the one you was talking about on phone"  Then I realised that I spoke only a few words on phone and she was saying something about fight that I didn't paid attention to.

"I didn't mentioned any fight"

"But you didn't even declined"

"That's why I have said you to bring your bring. I hope you have bought it"

"I did . No, actually I already had"

"We, will be starting our project from tomorrow. It will start from a casual visit at Singhania and Rajwant Industries. "

"And ?"

"These are files related to them , check them today."  I handed her the files I prepared.

"How did you made them? Where did you got all these from?"

"That does not matters" I spoke casually not making her suspicious

"Your phone is ringing, umm.. it's your Dad" 

"Hmm.."

I picked up my phone , knowing it's a remainder to come back as it was already 8 PM.

"Hello" I spoke first.

"I am sending Daniel with car, tell the name of bar"  I am sure it's Daniel's  idea only ,why is he being so concerned about me. Why can't he mind his own business? It's only him who makes me change plans in last minute.

"B-bar? Yes I am at bar, umm.. ya it is Street club" 

The call ended. 

How could I forgot I said I am going to bar. This short term memory loss will have long term consequences. He would have caught my lie , had I not been an expert liar. 

"Bye!" I picked up my prse , placing a few notes and table.

"Where are you going?"

"Home"  I went out of the cafe to find a taxi.

"Drop me in the way , my home is also in the same path"

 How can I girl? Why do I get all problems at same time? If will drop her home and then going to bar will take 2 hours. I can't risk dying today.

"No! Take a taxi yourself" I replied her , yes it was rude but I swear her home does  not comes in the way to the bar.

"Who leaves a friend like this, alone at night?" She shrugged her shoulders, raising her eyebrows at me as the waiter was calculating the bill from the cash at left at table.

"No one! It could be done by me only babe" I opened the door of taxi and ordered him to drive at fastest possible speed .

It took me 30 minutes to reach the bar, I am glad the driver was driving the car like a rocket and not a bullock cart. I am thankful to god that the the car didn't hit anything.

I almost ran inside the bar in my heels, tripling down. This time the bouncer didn't stopped me , he just smiled.

Entering inside , I ran my eyes to find an empty seat and almost ran to it like a kid. The music was already too loud and I saw few women dancing on it surrounded by spell bound men He was still sitting there , I ignored him and picked up the bottle of wine placed in front of me , shooing away the memories in my mind.  I promise I am drinking only today. 

I drank whole of it at once swallowing it, it tasted so bitter. I am controlled myself not to puke it, damn it was too hard and bitter. I felt like my mind is rotating, my vision became a little blur. He looked at me in shock , smiling.

"Woah! Damn I ordered the hard one and you drank it in once? Seems like you are heavy drinker. What about a dance , beautiful?"

I thought about it. It would great if they see me drunk and dancing, enjoying. They will think I drank lot of glasses . I don't want them to doubt. But, What if this drunk man spoke out about our deal? I should fix him first.

"But at one condition"

"Any condition for you. But you are really business minded. You are not like those gold diggers, you are a gold yourself. A soft , untouched , shining gold. Your man is going to be so lucky, you are combo pack ."

"Shut your chatterbox before I changes my mind"

"Tell the condition"

"My boyfriend is coming so you have to act like I am here since noon and don't even mention the deal."

 I lied of him being my boyfriend so that he does not gets touchy with me knowing I am already booked.

"Damn, I am jealous of him but I will be blessed to dance with you. Shall we?"

"Yes.."

We moved to the dance floor and he placed his hands at my waist as I wrapped my hands around his neck. 

The whole crowd went crazy, the spotlights were on us. I thought him to be a noob but he coordinated well with my fast moves.  Our foreheads touched and our feet were moving together, his hand on my waist and mine on his shoulders.

He picked me up in the dance and all that I could hear was the loud shouts from crowd.

But, I knew had I been in my senses I would have refused him or would have got a panic attack by now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was this chapter?

Thank for 200+ views, I really never thought even a single person would be reading my book. I wrote this long chapter to show my happiness.

So, Thank you to everyone who is reading it right now.

More updates coming soon. Keep reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 218 9
Shivansh exclaimed,"I have been the devil ruling the hell throughout my life but she made me feel what it is to hold the heaven in my hands." ~ "Keep...
6.8K 205 16
"I do believe in love and for me love is my passion and my reputation" - Soumya Rajput ---------------------------- I don't know about love, but If y...
3.9K 175 15
Revenge to obsession series - 2 SHEKHAWATS name is enough to make people shiver no one has dare to go against them they held power not just politicia...
404K 73K 13
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...