False Hope (Modern SasuSaku F...

By adlerskiyo

Three Uchiha Corporations around the world-Sakura Haruno works on one of them owned and supervised by Itachi... More

Chapter 1: Fired
Chapter 2: Job Hunting
Chapter 3: Hired
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: Steps To You
Chapter 6: To Remember
Chapter 7: Best Friends
Chapter 8: Nice To Meet You...Again
Chapter 9: Weekend With The Weasel
Chapter 10: A Welcome Present From Mr. Boss
Chapter 11: Dad Arrives
Chapter 12: Always Available, But Never Single
Chapter 13: He Finds Out
Chapter 14: Regaining The Memories
Chapter 15: A Wedding and an Apology
Chapter 16: I'm Sorry
Chapter 17: Confession
Chapter 18: That Girl
Chapter 19: Red
Chapter 20: Antagonist
Chapter 21: Just The Way You Are
Chapter 22: Official
Chapter 23: Sooner or Later
Chapter 24: Make Another Move
Chapter 25: That Day
Story On Hold!
Chapter 26: How's Life?
Chapter 27: Mistake
Chapter 28: Handful of Surprises
Chapter 29: Onyx Clashing With Emerald
Chapter 30: Fools in Love
Chapter 30.2: Fools in Love
Chapter 30.3: Fools in Love
Chapter 31: Confrontation
S: Two Sides [pt.1]
N: Two Sides [pt.2]
Chapter 32: Tell Me
Chapter 33: Tell Her
Chapter 34: In The End
Chapter 35: Heal and Forgive
Epilogue: The Boy Who Regrets

Finale

3.3K 124 139
By adlerskiyo

Finale

"Where will you spend your Christmas?" Ino asked with her oceanic blue eyes fixated on the front entrance of the shop.

Sakura scanned the flowers inside the store while gently touching them, tracing the petals with her fingertips. "Didn't I tell you? We're going to the States. Dad wants us to see the business."

"And when is your flight?"

"Tonight. The travel time is at least 13 hours. It's the 23rd today so I guess it's fine if we arrive there at the morning of 24th."

The blonde nodded, acknowledging her friend's replies but failed to give a response after that. It turned silent - not that it was awkward - but Sakura knew Ino had more questions in her mind that she wanted to ask, but chose not to.

The bell suddenly chimed; signaling that a customer entered. Ino straightened her body, stitching a soft, warm smile on her lips as she gazed at the young man walking towards the counter. "Welcome, how may I help you?"

A faint blush spread across Ino's face when she achieved better access to see the man's face. Sakura took notice of this and resisted the urge to laugh.

"I was looking for... daisies, Miss." He answered politely, looking at the shop to see if he could spot some of the flowers he wanted.

The blonde nodded, "Daises, yes, we have them here—"

"Finally, I've been to a lot of flower shops and they didn't seem to have any daisies at all."

"Wow, really?" Ino arched an eyebrow in amusement before secretly taking a glance to Sakura, who was only smirking. "Well, mind if I ask whose these flowers are for?"

His smile widened as he glanced away, "It's for my girlfriend. She's sick, so..."

Sakura immediately bit her lip when she saw how obvious Ino's face fell in disappointment. The blonde cleared her throat and released a forced grin, replying, "I hope she gets better soon."

Ino arranged the flowers neatly and handed it to the customer who could only agree. "Oh, uh, thank you for the concern. I'll be going now."

The moment the customer was out of sight, Ino groaned while slapping her forehead. Sakura snickered, tapping her friend's shoulder to cheer her up from the small 'heartbreak.' "That's okay, Ino. Maybe another attractive creature decides to buy flowers again."

"But ends up being in a relationship again?" Ino scoffed, rolling her eyes in distaste. "No, thank you."

Sakura stiffled a laugh as she glanced away, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly.

"You seem to be enjoying this a bit too much, Forehead."

"It's fun teasing you, Ino-pig."

"Oh, shut it. I didn't even like the guy earlier!"

"Really? That kind of contradicts your behavior earlier."

"I really don't! He's just attractive, that's all."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

Sakura smiled at the situation. It was nice to get a laugh again after all the stressful occurences. And of course, witnessing how Ino is finally moving on and slowly opening her heart again for new opportunities added to her happiness.

***

"Sakura, have you packed yet?" Mebuki asked.

"A few days ago, actually." Sakura replied curtly, nodding.

Kizashi smiled, "The Haruno Industries is back, isn't it great?" He looked over to his daughter and wife happily. "After Christmas, we can just stay and live there—"

"Wait - we're not going back to Japan?" Sakura suddenly asked in surprisement.

"Maybe for your wedding with Naruto, since his relatives are based here." Kizashi responded as he raised a brow. "Honestly, we don't have any reasons to come back at all - excluding the marriage. We don't have anything here in Japan."

The pinkette bit her lip, nodding her head. She tried to convince herself. "I see."

"You're free to do whatever you want, just don't forget we're leaving at six. We need to get to the airport early."

Sakura glanced at the clock, realizing that it's already five in the afternoon. Just an hour left.

Once her parents left her room, she threw her body on the bed. Her hand traveled to her lips, a memory lingering inside her mind. She remembered clearly how soft and warm his lips were and how he kissed her deeply. She once asked him if he really did love her or simply just played with her - and he didn't really give a firm reply. He only said that she knew his answer. And in her heart, she hoped she was right. She hoped he really loved her, because that's how she felt.

It's such a shame that both of them are held captive by their parents; both trapped in the so called fixed marriage just for the sake of the business. Maybe that's how it really goes for them - maybe it's like that; Sakura and Sasuke started a fairy tale but failed to finish it.

A beeping noise interrupted her thoughts. She lifted her body up and reached for her phone on the side table, unlocking it. Her breathing hitched when she saw a text from an unknown number - but she knew who it came from.

Can we meet before you leave? Just for a minute. In my office. I can't leave because of paper works, I'm sorry.

Sakura swallowed and hurriedly stood up, changing into a pair of dark jeans, black boots, turtle neck long sleeves and thick coat. She ran out of the house and hailed a cab.

It was their last chance to see each other. She wouldn't hesitate for a minute.

***

"Mr. Uchiha is free in his office, Miss. You can go."

Sakura went for the elevator and took deep breaths. It was their last chance to be free. She tucked a few strands of her pink hair behind her ear and bit her lower lip. Her heart started hammering against her chest.

When the elevator doors opened, she walked straight to his office. She stared at the door for a few seconds, composing herself. With trembling hands, she balled her fist and gave three knocks on the door.

The moment it opened, she held her breath. And when she saw those awfully familiar, onyx orbs, all the memories inside her head replayed. He opened the door silently and she walked inside wordlessly.

Sasuke shut the door and turned around, only to see the pinkette staring at her with an emotion in her large, emerald eyes that he couldn't decipher. But he was sure - she looked lonely.

He took the time to memorize her features and she did the same thing. They wanted to memorize each other's appearances and engrave it inside their minds forever. However, each time a second would pass, Sakura would feel her eyes getting glassy as tears are threatening to spill out any moment. She realized that even after accepting the fact that they're never going to work, it still hurts. It still breaks her fragile heart. It hurts to let go of the things you want to keep or the people you want to be part of your life.

"I'm leaving for America in a little while," she swallowed. "Merry Christmas, Sasuke."

Sasuke could feel his heart breaking when he heard her soft voice. He took large steps towards her and pulled her into a tight hug, kissing her head as well.

Sakura cried.

She'll never be ready for this. She was strong enough to accept but not enough to forget. No, she'll never forget Sasuke and the great memories he had with her.

"I want to be with you this time," he whispered painfully in her ear. "But I..."

"But we can never be with each other." She continued, tears streaming down her face.

He slowly let go of her and bit his lower lip. Carefully, he slid his hand inside the pocket of his black slacks. Sakura stiffened on her spot when she saw a red, small box in his hand. He opened it and took the ring out, losing himself in her eyes for the last time.

"I gave you a plastic ring and as promised, I'm giving you a real ring this time." Sasuke stated, grabbing her trembling hand and sliding the accessory in the ring finger of her left hand. "As a sign that I am... in love with you. Always."

Sakura couldn't describe her emotions properly. It was bittersweet.

"Please don't take this off until your wedding." He pleaded.

"A-Are you going to marry Karin?" She asked softly.

He shook his head, "No... I want to make my own decisions. I don't want my father deciding everything for me."

She pressed her lips tightly. Sakura looked down at the ring on her finger, it had a beautiful emerald gem as its design; it was green like her eyes. She loved it so much.

Sasuke lifted her chin with his hand and leaned in, his lips colliding with hers but it ended the moment it started. It was so quick that Sakura felt disappointed.

He smiled at her - the rare smile he gave her in the past, "Merry Christmas, Sakura."

"Sasuke," she called in a trembling voice. "I'm in love with you, too. Today, tomorrow... always, Sasuke."

He nodded, pulling her into a warm embrace for the last time.

THE END

*****

AUTHOR'S NOTE

First and foremost, thank you so much for viewing my story - despite all those cringe-worthy chapters, horrible grammar, late updates, plot holes - all in all I don't believe this was a good book but you've read it and above all, you supported my writing. A big thanks to you; you add up to my happiness.

I'm sorry if any of you are unsatisfied with this type of ending, I kind of wanted a happy one - or simply a bittersweet end, that kind of stuff. Also, comment down your questions about the story or anything about me (nothing too personal, please) and I'll answer them in the most honest way!! (I'll probably make a chapter for the questions or simply reply through comments)

I kind of cried while writing the ending lmao and I was hesitant of publishing this bc I don't want to finish this yet ;w;

Again, thank you all so much - this book means a lot to me. You guys make me happy!!! Love y'all! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.4K 2.8K 24
*SasuSaku * ~ Book 1 of the Disarray series ~ Sasuke Uchiha now world renowned Uchiha clans Mafia boss after his elder brother was mysteriously kil...
47.6K 3K 33
[Sasuke Uchiha X Sakura Haruno] Sakura Haruno knew falling for her fictional character was a bad idea. Now she's in a complicated situation, waking u...
245K 8.5K 27
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
544K 16.2K 38
Three lonely years has passed since Sakura Haruno last seen her long-time crush. And after Sasuke left the village, he finally came back for an unkno...