Shades of Lies ✔ [Completed]...

By Imperfectwrts

Athulya Oberoi, once a sunshine girl, saw her aspirations dimmed by life's harsh incidents. Despite wishing t... More

Copyright
Characters (Updating Aesthetics)
1.Party Night
2. Night of Devils
3. New beginnings
4. Diwali Night
5. The lost Soul
6. Her Secrets
7. Traitor in the House
8.Sweet Memories
9 .No one is saint
10. The Fight
11. Explanations!
12. The project
14. Her Fate
15. When the Families met
16. Drama Queen
17. Becoming a star?
18.Dreams into reality
19. Little Friend
20. Sneaking Inside
21 . Punishment?
22. Therapy Session
23. Ownership?
23. Health Checkup
24. I want it for my son
25. I am Sorry
26. Betrayal and Torture
27. Fighting Back
28. Proud Of You!
29. Annabelle
30. Mystery Man
31. Heels, Guns, and Red Wine
32. Silent Storms Within
33. Jet-Set Intrigues
34. Mafia Chess: Playing the Game of Power
35. The Checkmate: It Was My Game
36. Familiar Scents, Unfamiliar Threats
37. Winning Goals and Whispered Memories
38. In the Shadows of Instability
39. The Dark Secrets of Shekhawat's Empire
40. Shattered Wings : The Unwanted Union
41. Lost Friendships, Found Roots
42. Discovering Blood Bonds
43. Navigating emotions, Crafting plans
44. She is my Kiddo!
Part 2 of the book
Thank you and revelations

13. Boss Lady

4.8K 312 11
By Imperfectwrts

"Stop near the next medical store" I ordered the driver , ignoring the fact the Daniel will never agree.

"Why?" I wish I had a tape to close his mouth.

"I have to buy drugs , that's what dad has kept you for , so call him now!" I spatted whatever came in my mind and he showed no emotions , not even his eyes blinked.

"Seriously , from a medical store? " He smiled a little , why do people stops smiling ? It really makes them beautifull.

"I have to take a tablet for headache" I think this excuse will work , well my head is really started hurting now .

"Why?"

What why now? I will kill him someday or other but for now I clenched my fist , even the headache is creating more problem.

"Because you are giving me a headache" I said holding my head.

"Fine"

Why can't he accept his defeat by saying directly on my face, he just looks away.

"Did you just accepted that your presence gives me headache?" I chuckled lightly and he stopped the smile forming on his lips

"Are you going or should I order to start the car"

"Going ! Don't follow me like a stalker" And he opened his door even before I opened mine.

I stood up carefully placing my feet on ground, I hope I don't stumble here. Each step felt too difficult to take. Walking slowly , balancing myself I reached the store. Daniel was just behind me , if I take even one step behind, my back will collide with his chest.

The store owner recognised me, regular customer. He smiled at me before taking out the medicines.

"For headache as well" I smiled politely.

He nodded and handed me all the medicines , Daniel was looking at them , maybe trying to find the names but I am not that stupid , I always takes them packed . He keeps them ready for me .

"Are you a walking hospital?" He asked

"No!" I am annoyed from him.

"I mean this much of tablets affects health also" I heard a different tone from him for first time.

"Are you concerned for me?" I teased him , remembering his words , that day.

"No way!" He looked away.

"Then mind your business" I walked away from him , still slowly and carefully.

"Was doing that only" He replied but I didn't waited for it , as I was already inside the car.

The car started and I placed my head at the back of seat , closing my eyes. Maybe that might help. I didn't realised he was staring at me.

"You can take the medicines" His voice woke me.

"Huh?" I didn't opened my eyes .

"I will wake you once we reaches." He said calmy, passing me the bottle. I took the headache tablet before falling in sleep. I am light sleeper , that's why each jerk or light coming from window , disturbed me. I was half asleep but realised that he placed his hand below my head , carefully not to wake me up.

I felt like hot water drowing from my eyes , those memories can never let me sleep. The car stopped , maybe we reached , I opened my eyes .

"Didn't reached , you can sleep" He said , he was looking away then how do he knows I got up?

I wiped the tears from my cheek , rubbing my eyes. It took 5-10 minutes to reach home. I remembered about all the pending things I have to do , grabbing all my energy to open the door and stood up . I turned to say a thank you to him , but he was nowhere to be seen . Maybe, he left.

Walking slowly I knocked at door , Shanta Aunty opened it. I smiled at her , walking past the hall to reach my room.

"Should I serve your dinner?" She asked me.

"Where is everyone?" I looked around before asking.

"Sir and madam are out for dinner and Nihal didn't came home."

"You can go , I will take myself. " I said knowing Bhai is not going to come before 6 in morning.

"Anything else?"

"No , you can go , Bye!"

"Bye!" I closed the door, there was peace . I wants to enjoy it , I want to run in whole house , dancing around . I am free, no one will judge me , there is no one to watch me.

I have a lot of work to do , so I opened my laptop to create a presentation. Then , I remembered Aarushi was not well today and I didn't even asked her. I am really selfish, just thinking about myself.

I messaged her.

How are you now?

Remembered your friend now?

Sorry

This is not gonna work

Anything else ?

Leave that, How are you doing?

Just same like always,

Chill-pill.

I will come tommorrow.

Okay

No excitement?

No!

Rude girl , You looks fabulous in that look.

You are shameless .

Ik from birth only.

But you really have no filter on your mouth.

Lost it somewhere,

Get me

Idiot girl

Go sleep but don't dream about someone .

Aarushiiii !!!

I left the chat, hears the knocks at door , they came back. I stood up taking a shawl to open the door. I could smell alcohol from their mouth, so I closed the door silently before walking back to my place. It's the right time, no disturbance from now till morning, just waiting for them to go into their rooms.

When I heard no sound, I knew they went to sleep. I dressed up , washing my face , my eyes were red as if I didn't slept from amny nights. Taking all my things , I opened my door silently . But how will I go? The door should be locked from inside , I can't use door.

There is only one option now, the window . It's not at that height , I will survive jumping from here . Taking few deep breathes , I sat at window and Jumped down. I am glad I didn't broke my bones . Looking around me to check for spy and stalkers , I sat in the car waiting for me.

The road was empty so I reached in 20 minutes at 12:35.

Seeing the place , smile formed on my lips . I am not feeling low anymore , clearing my throat and adjusting my clothes I entered inside with a cold face. They all stood up before getting back to their work . I enquired from receptionist , he was there.

I made my way to his cabin before entering mine. He was buried in his laptop, hardworking man. I was walking like a thief , silently to surprise him.

Quietly walking behind him , I covered his eyes from my hands, he touched them to figure out.

"Athulya" I removed my hands coming to his front.

"Missed me?" I made a puppy face , blinking my eyes.

"No Never, who misses hell? I left my lovely sleep jsut because of you , you will make me an owl. Mom was asking me why I changed my routine." He gave me a I am done look.

"You are very mean! I will come to your house for coffee someday and will explain to aunty." I teased him , touching his weak point.

"Not invited." He replied very simply, toneless voice.

"Huh? Do you even know I was ready to break my bones to come here" I frowned at him .

"I was wondering what will these people think , when they will knew that their Mam is so childish and just puts a cold mask."

"Stop dreaming ,Isha" I just likes teasing and irritating people.

"Isha? What was that ? Was your dad near you?" And I succeeded in my plan as he replied in an annoying tone.

"No, it was Daniel"

"Who?" He was confused.

"No one ,just a new mess" It will take too much to explain all the mess so I replied in simple words.

"Sometimes I thinks that you lives in mess"

Sometimes? I always believes I am living in mess . My life has a never ending cycle of problems, one after another and I am just waiting for that plan of god.

He handed me my new phone and I left his cabin to let him work. When I opened my cabin I felt so happy , my mood wass uplifting. Placing my gun in the drawer , I opened my laptop checking the files placed on my table . They contained the details of both Singhania's and Shekhawats. The big bulls in business world. They are not business partners but the surprise is that they never snatched eac other's deal. Meanwile , Oberoi's are friends with them but the internal rivalry goes between us.

It's too complicated! Something is wrong in all these , there's a point I am missing.

I know this is not the time to think about them as I have to work about mine. I checked all the mails , creating some draft ideas . It was 4:30 when I was done . I packed the things not wanting to get late. He was still busy in work , I entered silently , patting his shoulders as he smiled.

" Leave now, Aunty will curse me if you got dark circles" He chuckled and soon the cabin was filled with laughing noise.

"Just 5 minutes"

"Now!!" I shouted

"Calm down , kid . Why do you always keeps anger at your nose" I took a few deep breathes, but frowned hearing him.

"I am not a 18 y/o kid " Why does everyone takes me a kid , do I look like a primary kid with running nose? No.

"You can't deny it, see your face looks like you fell from bed," He looked at my face very carefully before putting up his dumb fact.

"I didn't ! It was just of a random fight"

"Random? Well, it can be seeing your anger"

"Shut up!"

Why does he always gets on my nerve?

"You may leave now" See his tone, I will grab his collar for this.

"What? who may leave?"

"You! I am coming , tell others to go "

I calmed myself before going out of his cabin , I have to adjust the screws of few brains. They were talking but went silent as soon they saw me. I was running my heated gaze at everyone.

"Miss verma , is this what you call a presentation?" I shouted throwing the fileat her desk.

"S..sorry..m..mam"

"Make a new one till tomorrow . If I needed files like this I would have gone to a nursery school. Leave for now!"

She picked her purse silently before walking out , some others followed her to door, not to get scolded .

"And you Mr. Bhatia, I need that file today "

"But mam.."

"Today! That's it ! No more excuses"

"O..O..Kay Mam"

"I request you all to fend your work for today " He interrupted me , signalling others to go before their chance comes. They all went away silently .

We locked the place and he gestured me to sit inside and a few minutes later he sat at driver's seat. Well, I am glad he is one of those rare men I am comfortable with . He looked at me or maybe eyes while driving and I knew what was coming up.

"Go and get some sleep at home, it's not good to sleep between lectures."

I nodded in response , as if that professor will let me sleep, the roads were not silent but not busy as well. I canonly pray to not to get caught, hopefully my neighbours would be sleeping.

As soon I saw the familiar area I asked him to stop there, I can walk ahead of it, I don't want anyone to see me in his car. Well , it was 5:30 so half world is sleeping , while other half is awake and my neighbours are among those who never sleeps. They will be standing in their balcony just to spy at other's.

He stopped the car , I opened the door and stood up at floor , tryng hard to stand . I hope all my hardwork of being strong doesn't get washed away.

"I suggest you take a day off today" I turned to see his car turning back, if any of my neighbour saw me, I am sure those ill minded people will think I am drunk. A new gossip news for them.

Anyways , my home is not that far from here , I can walk till there. Placing each step carefully , I was turning my eyes all around as well to make sure I am not being watched . Finally, I succeeded reaching the main door , my house ad Singhania's palace is just front of each other from here. I went from back side but coming back from here, and they have guards at gate . They will be the only witness of me coming home in morning. I hope they have other works apart frm gossiping.

Ah! My luck , the whole singhania clan was inside the garden which is just in front of our door. I am covered one side of my face with my hand , looking away. Trying to show it as normal.

"Seems like both the Oberoi kids are in the late night clubers" One of them commented , maybe talked with other but I heard it , they all were laughing over something. That something could be me, Idiots!

Silently opening the front door I went to back side , the ladder was still attached to my room, all that I have to do is to climb carefully. Not to mention, don't break your bones. I could heard the noise coming from inside, they would be coming to wake me up. Fast Athulya! Or keep your grave ready.

With all my strength , I climbed it as fast as I could and there was no knocking on door , I am glad. Why would they knock? The door would be locked from outside.

Making myself on bed , I tried to make my breathe normal.

Call from BFF. Did her family members told her that I entered house just now?

"Hello"

"H..e..ll..o" I was still breathingheavily.

"What are you doing?" And she again began teasing me , I should file an FIR against her.

"A. ra..t ca.m.e so ..."

"You really gets scared too easily"

"My poor heart "

"I just called to wake you up , it's not good to sleep till late "

"Y.o.u dist..urbe..d my s..lee.p"

"Whatever, and don't fell in bathroom today , Bye" I could hear her chuckles easily.

"Shameless girl!"

No reply , the call ended.

My phone beeped again , must be her message.

I opened the message.

MR

Be carefull, you was chased

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know whether the song fits or not , If you find any song more suitable , suggest me.

How was this world and this side of Athulya?

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Meeting soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 1.7K 36
You know Beauty and the BEAST, right? what if she's not naive and weak but a strong sophisticated girl? Yes, Advatesha Singhania was not only beautif...
128K 12.9K 32
Athulya Singhania has spent her entire life in solitude, yearning for the love of a family. Over the years, she mastered the art of concealing her em...
6.3K 264 7
Raj Singhania- a billionaire and CEO of Singhania group of industries. He's one of the roughest personality of India. has a cold heart for the betray...
3.5M 195K 72
He is a psychopath. For her. #1 The Desi Psychopath Series The glass from her hand dropped and she was about to run towards her brother. But... "Shh...