Ⓗunting Ⓨou (Hunter X Reader)

By sun_ve

Y/N is 21, and is a wild witch, specialized in Beast Keeping, plants, and Potions. Once she left Hexside, she... More

❀1❀
❀2❀
❀3❀
❀4❀
❀5❀
❀6❀
❀7❀
❀8❀
❀9❀
❀10❀
❀11❀
❀12❀
❀13❀
❀14❀
❀15❀
❀16❀
❀17❀
❀18❀
❀19❀
❀20❀
❀21❀
❀22❀
❀23❀
❀24❀
❀25❀
❀26❀
❀27❀
❀28❀
❀29❀
❀30❀
❀31❀
❀32❀
❀33❀
❀34❀
❀35❀
❀36❀
❀37❀
❀38❀
❀39❀
❀40❀
❀41❀
❀42❀
❀43❀
❀44❀
❀45❀
❀46❀
❀47❀
❀48❀
❀49❀
❀50❀
❀51❀
❀52❀
❀53❀
❀54❀
❀55❀
❀56❀
❀57❀
❀59❀
❀60❀
❀61❀
❀62❀
❀63❀
❀64❀
❀65❀
❀66❀
THANK YOU!

❀58❀

385 20 161
By sun_ve

The next morning you stepped out of your room to call Steve,  Viney was still asleep, it was early in the morning though, Steve probably wouldn't be awake.

You couldn't sleep last night, it's a quarter to 6am. At most you got 3-4 hours of sleep. You don't really care if you're waking Steve up at the crack of Dawn.

When you were younger you'd always annoy him and wake him up anyway.

The mains reason you're calling him is because you're sure he would have some idea of what's going on. He'd know that Hunter would never do that.

He doesn't answer his phone calls though. You keep calling and no answer.

"Damn it Steve pick up...!"

"Y/n?" Viney steps into the front room.

You turn around and look at her. You start sweating.

"What are you doing? It's barely even 6 yet." She says.

"Calling my brother, it's fine just go back to sleep." You shake your head.

"...is there something you need to talk about? Y/n you can talk to me." Viney frowns.

"...I'd rather not bother you, and... I don't know, I just... I need to talk to Steve." I say.

In hopes maybe he could team up with me and find Hunter, but you wouldn't tell Viney that.

"...did you sleep Y/n?" She asks.

"Like a baby, I'm great." You lie.

"...go back to sleep okay? You need to rest too." She says.

"No Viney! It's fine!" You say.

She frowns a little. Then she lets out a sigh and folds her arms, and rubs her eyes.

"Look, I need to visit Skara later this morning, she's saying her... well it's weird honestly, you'd think it's a headache, but she says her mind hurts? She doesn't want to call it a headache, Im gonna check up with her and leave probably around 8." Viney says.

"That's weird." I sigh and rub my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm gonna see what I can do to help." She says.

"...I'm gonna rest some more before it's 8 o clock." She says and heads back to her room.

You nod and grumble and may against the couch. Hopefully Steve will return your calls later.

Steve POV:

When I woke up around 9 am I got a knock on my door. I glanced at my phone and got a bunch of calls from Y/n. I sigh and shake my head, I need to see whoever's at the door first.

Hunter had left his palisman here. Flapjack I believe his name is. He's been tweeting a lot since he didn't come home last night, confused as to where he is.

When I open it I see Eda at my door. She asks to come in and I nod and allow her inside. She sighs and looks at me.

"Have you heard anything about the recent happenings?" She asks.

"Viney dropped by yesterday and told me, I heard that Y/ns at her home, not allowed to leave without a buddy or something." I say.

"Eda...you're telling me Hunter betrayed the guild?" I fold my arms.

"We have 2 bystanders... I don't like to believe it myself but... it must be true." Eda tells me.

"He wouldn't do that, trust me even before he knew Y/n he didn't like his job at the emperors coven." I sort of scoff.

"...I understand, there's too many theories about what's going on, but I can only take what I've been given right now until there's further evidence." Eda says.

I raise an eyebrow.

"Steve, I have no choice but to follow protocol." She says.

"I could get you your evidence if you let me leave the guild and see what's going on." I say.

"I can't do that, the guilds on lockdown, and any further contact with the golden guard is prohibited." She shakes her head.

"I'm sorry." She says.

I sigh and rub my face. This has to be a joke, this has got to be that damn brother of Vineys fault. Eda makes her way out and I glance at Hunters room and sigh.

I make my way into my room and run my hands through my hair and then I pick up my scroll.

I have a bunch of missed calls from Y/n, and some text messages.

Some of them saying "You believe that Hunter didn't do this right?"

What if we teamed up?"

"What if we found a way out and went to find him?"

"We need explanations from him."

That actually doesn't sound that bad of an idea. If we're the only ones who believe he wouldn't do such a thing, then we need to find the actual proof he didn't.

I grab my things and I start heading over.

Your POV:

Viney left around 8 am like she said, you ended up falling asleep on the couch because you didn't sleep well last night. You fell back asleep before she waft so she never said goodbye.

There was a knock on your door but you were still dead asleep you couldn't hear it.

You continued to snooze.

"Y/n." A voice says on the other side of the door.

No response, you're still resting.

"Look, I know you may not wanna talk to me right now, but if you'd just give me a chance." The voice says.

Your still sound asleep.

...

"Fine, I have no choice." They mumble and cast a spell onto the door.

The door unlocks and he lets himself in. He walks in and looks around the home trying to see if he can find you.

"Y/n..?" He says.

When he turns he sees you laying asleep on the couch. His eyes widen, and he makes his way closer to you.

It would make sense you'd be sleeping right now.

"Of course." He sighs watching you rest.

He stands there for a moment and stares at you. He puts his hands in his pockets and kneels down at your side.

He glances around the home, it seems Viney isn't here right now.

...

"Hah." He scoffs.

"...Whatever, this'll make things easier." Rowan smirks and pulls out his memory tweezers.

"No... more..." He sticks them in your ear slowly pulling out a memory.

"None of him." He smiles looking at the picture of you and Hunter.

He stares at it for a moment and studies it watching the both of you in the photograph.

It's a picture of you both sitting on that bench at the park that day together, where you both had milkshakes with a bit of alcohol and got a little bit tipsy. It was a few days before he told you he liked you.

Rowan stares at it and rolls his eyes.

"...You won't have to deal with the pain of him anymore." He mumbles and circles his finger making a little fire pop up at the top of his finger.

He immediately burns a hole in Hunters face in the memory photo. Your eyelids twitch a little.

You had a relaxed sort of face while you dreaming, but all of a sudden your face sort of friend and your lips part open a little.

You have an uncomfortable face while you continue to dream.

"There... it's like he never existed." Rowan smirks folding up the memory and shoving it in his pocket.

"...I gotta get you out of here before he actually does expose the guild." He mumbles.

"We'll make a better life." He mumbles and lifts you up, about to walk out the door.

As soon as he had you in his arms he makes his way to the door. He's met with Steve who is standing right at your doorstep. Rowan left the door to your home wide open.

Rowan stops walking. They stare at each other dead in the eye, Rowan's frozen.

...

Steve breaks the awkward staring with a nice little smile at Rowan. Rowan smiles back awkwardly.

"...Im gonna need you to drop my sister and take out whatever you put in your pocket for me." Steve grins.

Rowan stands there like a deer in headlights. He's caught, he's been caught absolutely red handed. Steve's blocking the only exit.

"I said drop her..." He says taking a step forward.

Rowan takes a step backward.

"And turn out your pockets." Steve smiles taking another step forward.

Rowan takes even more steps backwards, backing up against the wall of your home. Steve takes another step forward.

Rowan blinks rapidly, still holding you in his arms. It's silent, Steve stares at Rowan and gently flutters his eyes open, grinning at Rowan menacingly.

"...I won't ask again." Steve's eyes and unsettling smile pierce through Rowan's soul.

Rowan takes a sharp breath and then quickly reaches one of his hands in his other pockets, slapping an invisibility glyph on him.

He makes a run for it holding his breath going through the door. However, Steve refuses to let it slide, and trips him on his way out.

Rowan falls over, making the glyph stop working and  in the process accidentally dropping you onto the ground.

"Heh, where do you think your going?" Steve laughs and grabs Rowan by the shirt collar.

"While your here, why don't you tell me what really happened to Hunter hm?" Steve says and whams Rowan against the wall.

"Cause from what I can tell it seems like pretty much bullshit." Steve smiles.

"...I didn't do anything." Rowan glares at him.

"Didn't do anything? I dunno seems sort of suspicious you barge into my sisters house and try running off with her don't ya think?" Steve tilts his head.

"Give me what's in your pocket." He then says.

Rowan glares at him. Steve forcefully turns out his pockets and grabs the memory photograph he had folded in his pocket. He opens it up and sees a burnt hole on Hunter's face.

"Oh I see what your plan here is, frame y/ns boyfriend as the bad guy, sneak into her home, forcefully make her forget who her boyfriend is, and kidnap her and build some sort of perfect life?" Steve scoffs.

Rowan swallows.

"You're really a damn psycho aren't you?" Steve says.

Rowan says nothing. Steve blinks a few times and continues to stare at Rowan with an unsettling grin.

Before Rowan knows it he's met with a vigorous punch in the face. Rowan winces and slides down against the wall.

The sudden slam sort of wakes you up and you grip your head, it seems to be hurting. You have a hard time getting up.

"Special delivery, from Hunter, I'm sure he would have wanted you to have it." Steve says.

Steve stares at him and folds his arms.

"I'll have Eda deal with you, I have some evidence already you're up to no good. Just from this little encounter." Steve circles his finger and wraps Rowan up with his construction magic.

Rocks slither around Rowan's body and solidify keeping him stuck in one place.

"Damn you." Rowan mutter.

"Yeah fuck you too." Steve scoffs and looks down at you.

You slowly open your eyes and see Steve. Your eyes widen when you see him and you stand up.

"Steve! I was wondering about you..! I wanted to talk to you about-" You stand up.

Your mind goes blank, and your head starts to hurt a little. You grip your scalp and rub your head for a moment.

"...about..." You furrow your eyebrows.

...

"...huh... it's.. I can't remember... I... I wanted to talk to you about... something.." You say.

Steve frowns, he looks over at Rowan with a nasty glare on his face. You look over at Rowan and your eyes widen, seeing him wrapped in stone with only his head poking out.

"Oh my Titan, what happened?" You hold a hand against your mouth as you stare at Rowan.

"I know Rowan's annoying but what did he do to get completely wrapped in stone?" You say.

"Nothing, grab your bag, let's go." Steve says.

"Go where?!" You say, grabbing your things.

"We're gonna do that thing you wanted to tell me that you forgot." Steve says walking out the door

"What?" You say and quickly follow behind him.

"You got any Invisibility glyphs in there?" Steve asks.

"A few, why?" You ask.

"We're sneaking out." Steve says.

"Steve tell me what's going on?" You say.

"Little idiot back there thought it would be fun to poke around with your memories, now we gotta get Hunter outta there as soon as possible before you forget him completely." Steve says.

"Hunter?" You furrow your eyebrows.

"It's a long story and there's no time to explain, just trust me here on this, we're doing the right thing." Steve smiles reassuringly.

"...okay, where are we going once we sneak out?" You say.

"Emperors coven." He says.

"What??" You say.

"We'll be fine, here's what's gonna happen." He says.

"We're gonna go to the main guild entrance, slap these on, get outta here." Steve says.

You nod.

"Once we're out there's a place in Latissa that sells old coven scout uniforms we're gonna go there and get those, and get in, find him." Steve says.

"Find.. who?" You say.

"Your boyfriend." He says.

"Pfft, don't have a boyfriend, I wish." You scoff.

"You'll be surprised." Steve sighs.

Hunter POV:

I didn't eat last night, and I'm probably not going to have anything to eat this morning.

I kept hearing footsteps around my door and it made me nervous every time I heard people approaching. Hoping none of the would open the door.

At the same time I was hoping if it were to open it would be Darius, coming to help me like he had said.

I was able to finally stand and I've been pacing around my empty room, glancing out the window. I've been watching the coven guards move around the castle and watching other witches pass by entering and exiting the castle.

I guess I kept watching the window hoping to see a witch that looks like Y/n, or someone I recognize who may be able to help.

I pulled up my shirt to get a better look at my recent scars. At least I didn't get any on the face, it was just my body.

My body doesn't even look like a body anymore, it's so rugged and covered in scars.

I pull it back down and brush myself off. I need to get out of here.

...

Without warning my door suddenly swings open and I flinch and step back immediately.

"How about that confession?" Belos scoffs and lets himself in.

I back up against the wall and my heart rate picks up. Not even a knock, just him immediately opening the door.

He doesn't hesitate and immediately his slimy arm morphs into a blade again and I am almost immediately sliced across my chest and I wince and fall on my side.

"No-" I wince.

"Perhaps if I made the wounds deeper you'll finally talk." Belos grabs my throat.

"Please- don't- please-" I shake my head frantically.

"All you have to do is tell me. You could've told me by now and you wouldn't have a single scratch on you." Belos scoffs.

"You'd kill me after. I know that." I cough.

"How about this?" Belos smiles and tightens his grip on my throat.

"You tell me the location, and maybe I'll consider her safety." Belos smiles.

"I'm sure you'd want that more than anything wouldn't you?" He asks.

I wince and struggle to get out of his grasp.

"...I can't trust that. You wouldn't care to uphold your end of the deal, not after I've died." I shake my head.

Belos goes quiet and his grip on me tightens, and he digs his green blade into my side deeply.

My eyes widen and I choke and cough hard, the sudden pain on my side almost makes me loose my voice.

"Well... I guess you'll both just suffer in hell." Belos grins.

He grips my arm and digs into it and forced much pressure onto it, it hurts unimaginably, it's starting to bend and so much pain bursts through my body.

Just like that, my arm snaps, the bones inside it break.

my loud painful cry can be heard throughout the entire castle, and I can no longer feel my arm or fingers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 262 26
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ʟɪᴠᴇs ᴛᴡᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇs; ʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛᴏᴍᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴘʜᴏɴᴇᴄᴀʟʟs ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ sᴇᴄᴜʀɪᴛʏ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅ...
83.2K 1.4K 8
➺ Hunter x [reader]༄🌻 ༉‧₊˚✧ my baby is so fine , my lover's so divine A mini hoard of fun and...
22.2K 716 20
Life on the Boiling Isles is tough by default. Between the acid rain, demons and monsters running around, and magic, it's hectic. For anybody. But, e...
3.9K 181 18
[In a world with superpowers, only 20% of the population have quirks] - > Unfortunately, that's only globally. In Japan, approximately 2% do not poss...