Fate : A Twisted Story

By Author_Amira

Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned u... More

°•°• author °•°•
Chapter : 01
chapter : 02
Chapter : 03
Chapter : 04
Chapter : 05
chapter : 06
Chapter : 07
Chapter : 08
Chapter : 09
Chapter : 10
Chapter : 11
Chapter : 12
Chapter : 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter : 16
Chapter : 17
Chapter : 18
Chapter : 19
Chapter : 20
Chapter : 21
Chapter : 22
Chapter : 23
Chapter : 24
Chapter : 25
Chapter : 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter : 28
Chapter : 29
Chapter : 30
Chapter : 31
announcement
Chapter : 32
Chapter : 33
Chapter : 35
Chapter : 36
Chapter : 37
Chapter : 38
Chapter : 39
Chapter : 40
Chapter : 41
Chapter : 42
Chapter : 43
Chapter : 44
Chapter : 45
Chapter : 46
Chapter : 47
Chapter : 48
Chapter : 49
Chapter : 50
announcement
Chapter : 51
Chapter : 52
Chapter : 53
Chapter : 54
Chapter : 55
Chapter : 56
Chapter : 57
Chapter : 58
Chapter : 59
Chapter : 60
Chapter : 61
Chapter : 62
Chapter : 63
Chapter : 64
Chapter : 65
Chapter : 66
Chapter : 67
Chapter : 68
Chapter : 69
Chapter : 70
Chapter : 71
Chapter : 72
Chapter : 73
Chapter : 74
Chapter : 75
Chapter : 76
Chapter : 77
Chapter : 78
Chapter : 79
Chapter : 80
Chapter : 81
Chapter : 82
Chapter : 83
Chapter : 84
Chapter : 85
Chapter : 86
Chapter : 87
Chapter : 88
Chapter : 89
Chapter : 90

Chapter : 34

284 9 0
By Author_Amira

Arya

'How can humans be so cruel? They sabotage the very force that helped them defend themselves from the darkness. Be it my world or here, people are always like this: ungrateful.'

I was walking through the hallway, my mind occupied with upsetting thoughts heart in distress. Without even looking at what was ahead of me, I walked swiftly, only to bump into something hard. From inside, out of the blue, someone opened the door, smacking my forehead. Not being able to maintain myself, I fell on my butt.

"Ahh… that hurts", groaning in pain, I looked up. It was David, with a bemused expression on his face, looking down at me. Some seconds pass, and I'm still on the ground an awkwardness surrounds us.
"Give me your hand already," ashamed yet shamelessly, I asked him for assistance.

"Ah… forgive me, madam," hurriedly, he helped me get up. "My apologies, I did not know that you were outside, madam," bowing his head, he said.
"Ahem… it's alright; you didn't know," looking sideways, I add, " and… forget about this incident."

His body was still in a bowing posture, yet he raised his head, baffled he asked, "Yes?" Seeing my embarrassed face, he shockingly said, "Ah… yes, madam", and he bowed again.

"Well, then, have a good day," saying so, I hurriedly left that place.

David

Who knew that madam was right behind the door? If anything thing, she should have been more careful about looking ahead. The loud thud startled me; she came straight off, so it was bound to happen. But the way she had fallen, she looked like a child. Her eyes are watery as she groans in pain. I was taken aback seeing her like that. The woman who could easily overpower a knight can also look so vulnerable.

Her voice brought me back to my senses as she spoke, "Give me your hand already." How rude of me! A rush of embarrassment flowed in me. Helping her out, I noticed she did not look at me but instead flusteredly looked sideways. Her ear was red as a cherry. 'I see; she has many sides of her.' She walks away hurriedly, but one can tell that she just ran away. In upward, the corner of his lips rose into a smile. "Madam, you have more colour than one knows," he said faintly.

Arya

Inside her room…

'ahhh… that was so embarrassing. Of all, it was David; how shameful,' the thought itself made me want to hide myself from all that shame. Clerk… locking my door so that no one can disturb me, also for me to hide all this.

The floor was a mess; papers shattered all over the floor, and potion bottles were kept safely on the table. The letters were different even from this ear; it was hard to organize all these. But as Von instructed, I gathered all of them, matching the numbers. I could not open the dairy; even Von did not know the reason. "How do I read this?" As I kept looking at the papers, "There are even some strange symbols drawn in here," I said frustratedly.

"This are fiazir language, only taught to the witches," Von explained.
"So what do we do now? I don't know this language", I said, shrugging my shoulders.
"I can explain, although it will take much of your time," Von said, already looking tired.
"How about a brief explanation?" I said, eyeing her.

"Well, to sum up, there's nothing much here about the fragments but only about the potion recipes and some first-grade spells," Von said in a childlike voice, looking at those papers.

"By the way, Von." As I spoke, she looked at me, "About last night, what happened when I was unconscious?"

With her lips, she made a 'o' shape. "That's because I'm still incomplete. Without the complete figure, using magic tends to make your body tired quickly. The more fragments you collect, the more powerful we become." Bringing her face close to mine, "Even though you are my master, for you to use magic, you must be strong. Everything has its price, owner."

Moving her a bit further from me, I said, "Thanks for explaining, but still, that does not answer my question." She blinked her eyes, "what happened after Ivan came to my room? He has been a stranger since this morning."

"I don't know, at that time, I was asleep," she said while rubbing the tip of her nose. I was about disappointed by her response.

"You have many shortcomings. We have to fill each one, one at a time", she smiled broadly.

"Where are these fragments?" I asked.
"I do not know," shaking her head, she replied.
Frowning my brows, I tilt my head at an angle. "Remember, the thirteen clan?" Pointing a finger into the air, she adds, "They are the keepers."

I leaned on the side of the sofa, 'So we have to ask Martha after all those denials. Huh… it's a bit shameless.'

Scratching under the jawline with a finger, I looked sideways. With a broad smile, Martha stood before me. 'I can't even look at her eyes, ah, so frustrating.'

I spoke slowly, "So… about" cutting me off, she said, "Yes, madam."
'Ah, really.' Her surroundings looked like it was sparkling, and that smile made me feel even more guilty. 'If I knew it would be like this, I would have accepted her earlier.'

Inhaling a long breath, I spoke, "So about what you said earlier," She looked like she was ready to jump on me any moment; with sparkling eyes, she asked, "Yes?" Holding the nasal bridge, "This is too much pressure" faintly I said. Looking directly into her eyes in a decisive tone, I inquire, "About the thirteenth clan? Where are they?"

In a firm voice, she declines, "I cannot tell you that." Her answer baffles me. She continues, "You did not acknowledge yourself as the owner of the Phoenix, more so, rejected my obeisance, which was on be of all the other clans. I cannot reveal our truth to you."

'She sure is a hard one.' I shake my head slightly at the thought. "Fine. I, Arya Basilisk, owner of the Phoenix, mistress of the tower of magic, you, Martha Will, of the will clan, accept your obeisance."

Politely, she bowed, showing her gratitude. "Madam, I, my people, are grateful for your arrival." Her eyes convey her feelings more than her words. "Ask me anything. I am at your disposal."

"I need to find the remaining parts of her," stroking Von's head, I spoke. "Where can I find those?"

Looking at Von, her eyes squint, making her wrinkles visible. "You have to travel to our residence. It took at least three days to get there. You can find your answers over there, madam."

'That's it?!' sighs… "Alright, you can go now." Even when I told her to leave, she stayed; looking at her, I asked, "Is there anything you need to say?" She broke into tears, "I thought we had to endure this for eternity. We lost hope; we did not believe in your arrival, day and night; we prayed for this nightmare to end. Months passed, and the years came to an end, yet our torture continued. Our people have seen too much blood, seeing our people get slaughtered; many carry hatred in their hearts, waiting to take revenge."

Suddenly, she sat on her knees and pleaded, "Please, I have seen my kind drown in their blood, no more. I wish for no more. If it's possible, I would like to avoid a bloodbath. We just want peace, madam. Please, extinguish this fire of hatred, I beg of you." Holding her hands in my direction, she begged.

This sight of her is unknown to me. Seeing her so defeated, it's not the Martha I know. This one is weak and powerless; her will and tenacity are broken. Now, she is just an older woman who is vulnerable to the point that it makes me furious to see her like this.

"Get up," my voice deep and intense, "You have done your part. Take pride in that."
Leaning behind, crossing my legs, I add, "Tell the butler to make preparations. I want to leave tomorrow. Now, go."

"Thank you, madam." once again she bowed and left.

Von got up from my lap and came in front of my face, flapping her wings, "I guess things are more complicated than we imagine. Let's hope for less trouble." In agreement, she touched my cheeks with hers and rubbed them together.

Knock… knock…

'What now?' rolling my eyes, I thought annoyingly. Clearing my throat, I said, "Come in." It was Miya, in her hand, a tray with some letters on it. Putting that down on the table, she spoke, "Madam, master has invited you to a luncheon."

Making my face look upwards, I covered my eyes with the back of my hand and sighed. 'what does he want? How long is he going to behave like this?'

"Miya, prepare for it." She politely bows in obligation. 'It will be an unappetizing luncheon.'

______•°•°•°•______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 7.4K 45
#1 in Reverse Harem and #2 in Harem on 08/28/2021 #4 in Harem on 9/30/21 #17 in Romance out of 1.91 million stories on 1/16/22 #4 Paranormal 12/11/22...
12.7K 613 15
"If I were to disappear, who would search for me?" When TJ wakes up as a villainess in a novel she can't accept it. Especially after realizing that...
245K 7.3K 59
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
817K 30.1K 31
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** After my death, I'm grat...