Mafia's Mate

De Chick_ennugget

Clio's life hasn't been easy and she'd like to keep her secrets to herself but even when she's trying to purs... Mai multe

Head Hunter
Betrayal
An unbelievable request
Matthew Merikh
Suspect
Wrong encounter
A bad start of the day
Suspicion
Party trouble
Chase
Avoiding trouble
Scoop trouble
The Detective's favor
His deductions
Her 'darling'
Release
Petty tasks
Office romance
What is happening?
Another job
Another Problem
Escape the club
Escape the men
Exhaustion
Sick
In sickness
Get well soon
Problems at hand
My heart is acting weird
City D
HeartBroken
Chance
Drop him back
Mine
Cheer up
Consolation Party
Saturday Meeting
His feelings?
Guest
Hide
Control
Suspect?
The door with a weird vibe
My little troublemaker
Unfortunate
Wake up
Sunday
Funeral
Video Leak
Hospital
Fight
Confront
Freak
Freak pt 2
Prime suspect
Reality
Volume 2- Trapped
Past
Bullies
Crime
Abnormal
Secrets
My secret
Misery
Run
They know
Doubt and guilt
Confession
Risk or trust
My father's ambitions
My identity
That day
Reassurance
Suspicion
Voice
The odd questions
Tension
It seems I'm the only one who doesn't know
Dark revelations
Unnerve
Trap
Escape the killer
Caught
Case files
Case closed
Trouble begins
A kidnapping
Not human
Part of the Mafia
His home
New information
Help recover
What am I to you?
What I want
My feelings
Intimacy
The scars of his past
The scars of his past pt 2
Bastard
To the office
The one in trouble
The one in trouble pt 2
Free
Brutal Savior
Misfits of the moon pack
The Misfits in a peaceful place
Transform
Shift
His first
My name
My Missing Mother
Attack
Your biggest mistake
All of my fear
Finishing job
Healing
New beginnings
Azef

Inspection

2.5K 132 58
De Chick_ennugget

>>Clio

The moment we stepped outside the station, I felt my soul leave my body.

OH! SHIT! OH SHIT! OH SHIT!!!!

I shot my head towards Matthew and he saw how the color left my face.

"Don't worry," He moved close to me, "They aren't going to do anything." He was calm but I wasn't. I can't believe such a big problem slipped my mind!!

I stepped towards him and held his hand with both of mine, "How are you so sure?" My feelings were turning into a mess. I wasn't at fault here but it all happened in my place.

What if I get wrongfully convicted?!?!

He took his free hand and placed it on my head, caressing it softly, "I'm telling you everything will be fine." His touch was calming, "If anything happens, I'm here to protect you," His words were calming, and my brain was trusting him, "I tagged along for you." But his statement made me blush and I looked down, not wanting him to see my pink cheeks.

How does he always manage to do this? Why do I find so much comfort in him?

"Tell them the truth but it's best to avoid mentioning Zhou-Lin," He added, "You don't need to worry because Harou is a very competent person. Nothing will go wrong."

"Come on," Harou was standing further away from us, and I turned to look at him, "This is a standard procedure, it won't take more than an hour."

Matthew retreated his hand and the sensation of him moving away from me didn't sit well with me. But along with that thought came the realization that I was indeed falling for him.

I want him close to me...

It got me on my toes and I ran after Harou who had started making his way into the station.

No way!!

NO way!!

I told myself I would stop!! I told myself I have to stop!!

I pursed my lips.

I shouldn't do this!

It didn't end well the first time! And I shouldn't be burdening someone else with my problems!

I gulped.

But, then why? Why can't I stop my heart from drumming like crazy??

Why?

How do I stop this?

***

I was questioned about the bullies and how they died. Matthew told me to tell them the truth about how it happened and I did.

I told them a third person came and killed them but I didn't name Zhou-Lin, I just told him that I didn't know the person. The CCTV near my apartment showed a figure entering the place and I affirmed that it was the same person who entered but I had no idea who it was. I didn't want to mention Zhou-Lin because I was afraid if he got involved in a police investigation because of me, he might just pull something dangerous to get back at me.

I doubt the police would be able to do anything against the Chinese Mafia, and I would be the only one who'd end up in trouble.

I wasn't questioned further, rather, I was let off easy which to my surprise was astonishing. Two people were killed but I didn't get in trouble. I thought I'd be the prime suspect since they died in my apartment and I had gone missing right after.

"It's because the evidence suggests that you didn't kill them." We got into Harou's car and he drove

"How?" I asked, "How do you know?"

"Because of the bullets," He answered, "The bullets used aren't available to just anyone and the CCTV footage also helps." I felt like Harou knew I was lying about not knowing Zhou-Lin, but he didn't question it,

I wonder though, is it because trying to convict the Chinese mafia can get messy?

"Plus Matthew gave a statement of your kidnapping and how he rescued you which further helps your case."

"Oh," I felt grateful and my eyes went towards my boss. He's always helping me out.

I placed my hands on top of each other on my lap.

This isn't fair...

"Why do you want to take Clio to Chris's house?" Matthew was sitting in the passenger seat while I sat in the back.

Come to think of it. Harou didn't even ask me for directions, he just drove and I knew he was going the right way.

"No reason," The detective replied, "I had to take her in for questioning, so I thought we'd go to her house together too."

Something bothered me about his words.

...

Wait, her?!?!?! He called me 'her'!!

Matthew stared at Harou, "How-?" He was astonished but the detective chuckled.

"I heard her voice when I was standing outside the office," He smirked,

"Many people are capable of changing their voice," Matthew replied while I remained quiet.

"Yea, but I had a suspicion beforehand because you texted me you found the girl you were looking for and then only focused on Clio," He glanced at my boss, "I watched those clips of her again and noticed how similar she looked to Clio," He chuckled, "And I also saw the footages from the club where you were chasing her." He seemed proud of himself, "She's your mate, isn't she? This was the only thing that made sense."

Matthew rolled his eyes, "Why don't you use that brain of yours and solve the case you're struggling with."

The detective looked straight ahead, "I have a feeling I'll get a breakthrough soon enough."

Mate? Why was that word mentioned again?

It's not normally used

Do I ask about it? Is it the right time?

"Mate?" I asked and Harou raised his eyebrows that I saw through the rearview mirror.

"Oh, he hasn't told you yet."

"Keep your mouth shut detective," Matthew seemed a little angry and it got me curious.

So, it's not about him being Australian? Because he doesn't look Australian either...

At this point, I'm getting a strong feeling there's definitely more to Matthew than what meets the eye.

"You don't usually get mad at me," Harou smirked, "I seem to have gotten on a sensitive topic." Matthew didn't reply and Harou parked his car, "We're here,"

We all got out of the car and I looked at Chris's house. A sense of dread overcame me while Harou went and rang the doorbell.

"I wonder how's she doing?" I asked as we all looked at the front yard while we stood outside. The gate was closed, but not locked.

"She's got a lot of exotic plants," Harou stared at them.

"Yea..." I replied as I looked at them, "She loves gardening,"And that's when I noticed it, "Oh!" I pointed at it.

"What?" Matthew asked.

"She planted another one," I answered and both of them looked at the new plant.

"Right," Harou nodded his head, "There's fresh soil and a support stick,"

"I thought she'd stop after Rameen's death," Matthew's voice was monotonous, as if he had no remorse, "I heard you have to pay huge fines if you damage an exotic plant."

"It's illegal since they're endangered." Harou added.

"Maybe it's to keep her mind off things," I answered and noticed the door being opened.

It didn't take Chris long to come out but it didn't make me feel good to see her. She had dark circles under her eyes and it looked like she hadn't been sleeping.

She looked at us, "Boss?" And especially noticed the police, "Detective?" She didn't seem pleased to see us.

"Hello," Harou acted friendly, "Sorry for a surprise visit," He opened the gate and walked in without invitation, "Don't worry," He raised his hands, "This isn't anything bad, we're just here to check up on you." He pointed at us, "These two were planning on visiting you, so I tagged along," He looked back at Chris, "I hope you don't mind."

Ah... This is why he wanted me. He needed an excuse to get in her house without looking like a threat.

But why? Why choose me out of all people?

Considering he's using me and Matthew, does he have any ulterior motives? He didn't even ask Matthew though, he only asked for me.

I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

Author's bullshit

It's 12 November, meaning it's my birthday!!!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

704 28 28
Stella Nox is seventeen, but has barely experienced anything, which is ironic since her mom is the definition of a man-eater. But all of that changes...
1.6K 167 9
Four personalities Two souls One love story. Not the usual love, not the easy love, not the fake love but the unusual one, the difficult one, the t...
788 297 11
Scarlet Cline is in the wrong place at the wrong time, leading up to a bloody red apple killing her. After being brought back to life by a mad Germa...
1.9K 37 25
In her final year of high school, Charlotte yearned for a peaceful life. A girl surrounded by the richest of people and because of that, her dream sh...