Ⓗunting Ⓨou (Hunter X Reader)

By sun_ve

Y/N is 21, and is a wild witch, specialized in Beast Keeping, plants, and Potions. Once she left Hexside, she... More

❀1❀
❀2❀
❀3❀
❀4❀
❀5❀
❀6❀
❀7❀
❀8❀
❀9❀
❀10❀
❀11❀
❀12❀
❀13❀
❀14❀
❀15❀
❀16❀
❀17❀
❀18❀
❀19❀
❀20❀
❀21❀
❀22❀
❀23❀
❀24❀
❀25❀
❀26❀
❀27❀
❀28❀
❀29❀
❀30❀
❀31❀
❀32❀
❀33❀
❀34❀
❀35❀
❀36❀
❀37❀
❀38❀
❀39❀
❀40❀
❀41❀
❀42❀
❀43❀
❀44❀
❀45❀
❀46❀
❀47❀
❀48❀
❀49❀
❀50❀
❀51❀
❀53❀
❀54❀
❀55❀
❀56❀
❀57❀
❀58❀
❀59❀
❀60❀
❀61❀
❀62❀
❀63❀
❀64❀
❀65❀
❀66❀
THANK YOU!

❀52❀

538 22 194
By sun_ve

When you woke up Hunter was gone. He wasn't resting with you anymore. You look around to see what happened and where he went.

You were still on the couch with your pillow and blanket wrapped over you. The lights were already out. You glance at the kitchen microwave clock and it reads "2 am."

Your eyes widen greatly.

"What the hell-" you mumble and get out of the blanket.

You look around and on the kitchen there's a little note.

Dear Y/n,
I hope you slept okay. You seemed to really need that nap. I wanted to say goodbye to you personally, but you were dead tired, I tried to at least gently wake you so I could tell you that I was going to leave but you didn't really budge, so I left at around 9, Viney came back home at around 8 and she should be asleep in your guys room.

I'm going back to Steve's, I hope you feel all better when you wake. If you're up for it tomorrow, I'm going on a mission to the looking glass ruins. I wanted to see if you'd like to maybe come with me? I should be going at around noon, I'll drop by before then and check on you if you're interested

Please feel better, I love you

- Hunter

Reading that made you smile. He drew little smiley faces and even a little heart. That's so cute.

You're already feeling a lot better and you feel less feverish. It seems a nap was what you really needed.   It seems that he cleaned up the things left on the coffee table in front of the TV too.

He really didn't have to.

It's late, so you decide to go back to sleep. Maybe you'll accompany him tomorrow.

Too lazy to go back in the room so you return back to the couch and drift off back to sleep.

"Hey!" Viney says.

You gently wake up and look at her. She's towering over you while you're still spread across the couch. You grumble and sit up.

"Hey.." you say.

"It's 11 o clock." She says.

"Geez..." you mumble and rub your eyes.

"So you're boyfriend did end up nursing you back to health?" She teases.

"Shut up." You sigh and shove her a little.

"He left you a note did you read it?" She asks.

"I woke up at around 2 am last night, wondering where he went and I saw it yeah." You rub your eyes.

"Are you feeling better?" She asks.

"Yeah... I think I just needed to sleep it off." You smile.

"He was so nice to you, He did not leave your side." Viney smirks.

"Really?" You ask.

"Oh yeah, when I came home around 8, he was wide awake and you were dead asleep. He told me he was laying there with you for hours." Viney grins.

"Oh my Titan." You rub your face and blush slightly.

"He actually said he might stop by before his mission to see if you wanna come with him?" Viney said.

"He should be here soon." She pats you.

"Uh- yeah! I wanna come. Uh- I need to get ready!" You say and go to the bedroom to find some clothes to wear.

If you remember right in his note he said the looking glass ruins? That's deep and very well hidden in the bonesburrow forest.

It can get kinda foggy and cold there too, best to wear something warm.

You slip on a comfy jacket and scarf. You pack your bag with any useful glyphs you should bring and potions you have stashed away that you haven't used yet.

"Steve is spending the rest of today fixing up the machine. We could test the Titan blood out tomorrow if you're free!" Viney says.

"Sounds perfect..! I can't wait to get this damn thing off of me." You nod.

Before you know it there's a knock on the door. Viney looks over at you and you grin at her and run over to grab it.

You swing open the door and there Hunter stands right before you. He had a brown cloak without the hood over his face on, and his regular darker brown gloves, with a beige button up shirt on. He looked kinda good.

"Oh- hey, you're um... you feel better?" He asks.

"Loads." You grin.

"Did you want... um.. to come with me?" He smiles looking at your outfit noticing you're already dressed.

"Yeah!" You say.

"Figured, you got ready fast." He says.

"I've heard of the looking glass ruins before. They hold galdorstones, they help enhance a witches power." You say.

Hunter nods.

"Why would Eda want you to go there?" You ask.

"She wanted me to check if there's any visitors there, she said that the keeper of the looking glass ruins has been seeing someone running around there as of recently." Hunter says.

"Like stealing the galdorstones??" You ask.

"No, they're safe, he usually does catch them wandering around but he never finds out who it is when he sees them. They get away too fast." Hunter says.

"Huh." You say.

"She said that the keeper usually always notices them come around in the afternoon, so she set me off at noon." Hunter says.

"Alright. Should we go?" You smile.

"Sure, you um... have everything you need?" He asks.

"Yep! You?" You say.

"Pretty much." He nods.

You both nod and head out. Viney waves you guys off and you both begin leaving the guild. You take Hunters hand in yours.

"This is your first mission as a guild member right?" You ask him as you make your way out.

"Yeah... it doesn't seem as complex though. Just find whoever wandering around, scold them, kick them out." Hunter shrugs.

"It's easy." He smirks.

"I take it you've had to do stuff like this before?" You ask.

"Witches would try breaking in a lot, either to get confiscated belongings or other things back from them." Hunter says.

"I was in charge of kicking them out, or if cases were severe I had to interrogate." Hunter says.

"You really don't seem like the type to interrogate." You scoff.

"I'm actually kinda good at it. I don't really like doing it though." Hunter smiles awkwardly.

"How come?" You ask.

"It can get... kinda uncomfortable I guess. I don't really like yelling at them. I don't really want people afraid of me." Hunter says.

"I can't image you interrogating someone." You say.

Hunter smiles awkwardly.

"Wait- well I mean you got Rowan pretty damn scared of you." You laugh softly.

"You think I did?" He laughs.

"I think so, if he was having nightmares." You laugh.

"I mean... he's also a big scaredy cat, he acts so tough but he's literally a wuss." You shake your head.

"How long have you known him... exactly..?" Hunter asks.

"I've known him since I was around 13, he was 14." You say.

"You used to be friends?" He asks.

"No, I never really considered him a friend, just my friends weird brother. I went over to Vineys house a lot back then and he was always there and stuff." You say.

"Did he like you then too?" He raises an eyebrow.

You think for a moment actually unsure.

"If he did I wouldn't have noticed." You shrug.

"I never really cared much for him. He was just sorta there I guess." You shrug.

"Enough about Rowan, he doesn't matter." You say holding Hunters hand tighter.

"Let's focus on the mission." You say.

????? POV:

'Idiots.' I think to myself

As there wander out of the guild I follow directly behind them, still holding my breath to keep the invisibility glyph on me.

'So he's the golden guard..? I bet she thinks she's just some magical little princess transforming a top emperors coven member into a stupid guild member. She's softening him, pathetic.' I think.

Once they slip out the door I slip out with them and run my own opposite direction.

Once they're out of my sight I breathe in and I smirk. That stupid illusion I used seemed to work effectively on my sister. Now that I have more information about him I can use it against him.

I'm sure Belos is wondering where his little errand boy is. I already have a plan how this is going to work out, I'm obviously not going to bring up the guild why would I, when he could torture little blonde boy for that information?

It's perfect payback anyway, for my suffering.... Heh.

But the best part is... that's not even the rest of my plan.

...hahaha..

Your POV:

"It's this way, right?" You ask gripping Hunters hand.

"Yeah, seems like it." He nods.

"You said you've heard about this place before, have you been to it?" He asks.

"No, I've actually read about it, in a school assignment back in Hexside actually." You say.

"Wow, that's surprising you remember reading that from so long ago." Hunter smiles.

You smile.

It doesn't take too long to arrive to the looking glass ruins. When you get there it seems pretty much cleared, there's no one there.

"Do we just wait..?" You ask.

"Pretty much. But we need a good hiding spot so when they come they won't notice us." Hunter says.

"Somewhere high up." He mutters looking around.

"I got it, come here." You say grabbing his arm.

You go over to a nearby taller tree and you stomp your foot on the ground. Hunters eyes widen and then some vines burst you out of the ground and lift you up into the air.

"Geez.." Hunters says trying to balance himself.

When you get up top you hop off and sit on a branch you feel won't give out on top of the tree. Hunter sits next to you.

The vines disappear and you both look down at the ground.

"This a good spot?" You ask.

"Yeah- this is fine." He nods and holds your shoulder for balance.

"I just don't normally go sitting on tree branches." He smiles.

"You'll be fine." You smile.

You both dangle your legs and watch the ruins scanning them top to bottom for any disturbances. Hunter looks over at you and watches you as you study the ruins.

A little part of him smiles and he takes your hand in his. You glance over at him and you see his eyes glancing down at your hands holding one another. You tilt your head.

"What's got you so happy?" You smile.

"...I like being with you." He says.

You glance at him for a few moments and then back the ruins. You grip his hand a bit harder.

"Me too." You say.

"...I just... I hope I'm really safe to... actually stay there." Hunter frowns.

"You're really safe." You say.

"I won't let anything bad happen to you, as long as you stay with me." You smile.

Hunter looks at you and notices your smile towards him. His cheeks go pink and he nods a little.

"I love you." He whispers softly and leaned against you a little.

His insides feel as if they're all hugging eachother as he says that to you. He smiles.

"I love you too." You say softly and lean against him as well.

You continue sitting there watching the ruins for a while. You were holding hands and leaning on one another for a while until then you notice something.

You shake Hunter and point. Hunter sits up and looks down.

When you look down it appears to be this short boy or something. He's wearing a hood so you can't really see his face.

"Come on." You whisper and raise some vines in the air to bring you both down.

Hunter nods and drops down onto the vines with you. They lower you both down and you hide behind one of the statues in the ruins and observe the boy.

He sits down on the ground and gropes his face. Then he pulls off his hood.

Your eyes widen.

"Wait- that's-" your eyes widen.

"What? Who is it?" Hunter asks.

"Matt!!" You exclaim.

Hunter makes a confused look on his face as you run over to the kid. Matt's eyes widen as he looks over at you, and he sort of backs away.

"Y/n? What the hell?" Matt says walking over to you.

"More like you what the hell? What are you doing here?" You ask him and hold his shoulders.

"...I come here sometimes." Matt says.

"Why?" You ask.

Matt blushes sort of and looks down. You furrow your eyebrows.

"Is something wrong?" You ask.

"...um..." Matt mumbles.

"It's just... Gus showed me this place, and we used to hang out here sometimes...?" Matt blushes a little.

"Um..." He blushes.

"He's sort of mad at me right now. And it's been like that for the past few weeks." He says.

"Oh Matt..." you frown.

Hunter stands there awkwardly rubbing his shoulder. You glance over at him.

"Uh- right. Um... Hunter this is my little brother Matt. Matt this is Hunter." You nod.

Matt glances at Hunter for a moment and furrows his eyebrows. Then his eyes widen.

"Wait- He's that guy who helped you get home while you were drunk." Matt glares at you and folds his arms.

You blush.

"Uhhh..." you say.

"Yeah, I saw him combine those glyphs and throw water at you, kinda funny actually." Matt smirks.

"Matt."

"What, is he your boyfriend now or something? When I asked you before you said no." Matt raises an eyebrow and folds his arms.

"... um... he actually is, now, yeah." You smile a little.

"Ewww. Imagine being in a relationship. Lame." Matt scoffs.

"Look man, Y/ns great and all, but if you really care about her that means you need to embrace all her weird sides, including her weird obsessions with fictional characters, remember your (insert character here) phase?" Matt smirks.

"OKAY OKAY MATT SHUT UP." You say and put your hand over his mouth.

"What?" Hunter smiles a little.

"We don't talk about that." You glare at Hunter and then at Matt.

Your face softens a little and you look back at Matt.

"What happened between you and Gus?" You change the subject and ask him.

Matt's face turns pink and he looks down.

"It's embarrassing." Matt says.

"So?" You smile.

Matt grumbles and sits down against the ground. He rubs his face and shakes his head.

"We were hanging out. It was just us hanging out. Everything was fine. Everything was great you know." Matt chuckles.

"And then out of knowhere, he just um..." Matt blushes.

"He tells me he likes me." Matt says.

"No way." Your eyes widen.

"Uh... yeah.." Matt rubs his arms.

"I... reacted dumb and I called him an idiot for liking me. He hasn't talked to me since." Matt grumbles.

"Oh Titan Matt." You sigh.

Matt rubs his face again and sighs.

"Do you like him too?" You ask.

"...would it be bad if I said I do?" Matt mumbles.

"Absolutely not." You grin.

"Dad would hate me and you know it." Matt says.

"Well fuck him then, he's shitty anyway." You shrug.

"You should talk him again, ask to talk about what happened, now that you've had time to think it over." Hunter says.

"He wouldn't wanna talk to me!!" Matt exclaims.

"No, i agree, I think you should, I bet as much as you've been thinking about him he's thinking about you." You nod.

"How? He's probably gonna think I'm gonna make fun of him again or something." Matt says.

"Think about how you'll talk to him, and like... really think it over." You say.

"And make sure it doesn't come off in a way you would make fun of him." Hunter says.

Matt goes quiet and looks at the ground.

"Come on, let's take you home. We came here to check who was roaming around here and we were supposed to help kick em out. So we gotta kick you out bud." You smile at Matt.

"I wasn't gonna steal the stupid galdorstones." Matt glares.

"I know, but still, you can't stay here." You say.

Matt grumbles and walks out with you and Hunter by his side. He thinks about what you both told him as you all walk home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 266 13
Just a cute lil teen love story <3
44.1K 1K 21
Hey guys, This is my second Craig x Reader story, but this is my first Neko reader book. I really hope you guys like it and are patent with it, becau...
3.8K 108 8
Books that will come in 2024
83.6K 1.8K 71
Welcome to my Varian X Reader Oneshot storybook where you will get to go on tons of adventure's with Varian, in my way or yours! 💙 If you have any r...