Mafia's Mate

Von Chick_ennugget

Clio's life hasn't been easy and she'd like to keep her secrets to herself but even when she's trying to purs... Mehr

Head Hunter
Betrayal
An unbelievable request
Matthew Merikh
Suspect
Wrong encounter
A bad start of the day
Suspicion
Party trouble
Chase
Avoiding trouble
Scoop trouble
The Detective's favor
His deductions
Her 'darling'
Release
Petty tasks
Office romance
What is happening?
Another job
Another Problem
Escape the club
Escape the men
Exhaustion
Sick
In sickness
Get well soon
Problems at hand
My heart is acting weird
City D
HeartBroken
Chance
Drop him back
Mine
Cheer up
Consolation Party
Saturday Meeting
His feelings?
Guest
Hide
Control
Suspect?
The door with a weird vibe
My little troublemaker
Unfortunate
Wake up
Sunday
Funeral
Video Leak
Hospital
Fight
Confront
Freak
Freak pt 2
Prime suspect
Reality
Volume 2- Trapped
Past
Bullies
Crime
Abnormal
Secrets
My secret
Misery
Run
They know
Doubt and guilt
Confession
Risk or trust
My father's ambitions
My identity
That day
Reassurance
Voice
Inspection
The odd questions
Tension
It seems I'm the only one who doesn't know
Dark revelations
Unnerve
Trap
Escape the killer
Caught
Case files
Case closed
Trouble begins
A kidnapping
Not human
Part of the Mafia
His home
New information
Help recover
What am I to you?
What I want
My feelings
Intimacy
The scars of his past
The scars of his past pt 2
Bastard
To the office
The one in trouble
The one in trouble pt 2
Free
Brutal Savior
Misfits of the moon pack
The Misfits in a peaceful place
Transform
Shift
His first
My name
My Missing Mother
Attack
Your biggest mistake
All of my fear
Finishing job
Healing
New beginnings
Azef

Suspicion

2.7K 115 14
Von Chick_ennugget

>>Matthew

"I feel like there's more to the story. She said she couldn't go home early that day because of the bullying incident and the exact same day her father died." I walked to the lounge where Azef was sitting watching TV.

"Someone killed him?"

"It wasn't intentional, but the argument escalated into a fight."

"Why after so many years? For almost eight years they were fine," He heard the beginning of the story since his hearing is exceptionally good but he left in the middle to take care of a call.

"Because no matter how you look at her, she doesn't look like a man."

"She looks like a pretty boy," He passed me a grin.

I smirked, "It was enough to fool people," I sat down next to him, "But also not enough to fool some others. Not when something else played a part in it."

"Her family's got some ass luck," Azef rolled his eyes, "But what does her bullies have to do with this?"

"I feel like someone might have paid the boys to expose her, someone from the family who wanted her. I don't have the full story of her school life yet. She gave me a brief story about that and what made the students start bullying her."

"What?"

"She started her period in class, the nurse came up with a stupid excuse but the kids didn't like it. She turned into an outcast when she originally was a loner as well."

There was a moment of silence before Azef started chuckling.

I stared at him, waiting for him to give me an answer for laughing because I knew he wasn't making fun of her. But he does stuff that often makes people misunderstand him.

"You know, that makes her the perfect Luna for our pack," He let out another chuckle, "We're all strange there." He threw imaginary stars out of his hands, "She's perfect."

His statement made me smile, "You're right about that."

"So? Did the other guy get news of Clio's bleeding and send a guy to the house to investigate?"

"It is highly probable that was the case. Probably why the argument turned into a fight as well since his father was trying to keep Clio safe by lying. Unfortunately, I didn't get the name of the man behind it all since she doesn't remember, but that's the only explanation as to why it all happened again."

"Any clues?"

"A man with a scar on his eye, and from the description he's blind from that eye too since she mentioned it was all white."

"You didn't get the names of the bullies?"

"There were four of them and three of them are dead, she didn't name anyone, and the school part of the story was pretty brief. Maybe because it was followed by the murder of her father,"

"Hmm," Azef placed his left leg on top of his right, "A mafia member with an eye scar," He gave me a side glance, "One can name a lot of gangsters with scars around the eyes,"

"I know, but it's someone with power and money, considering he gave out large investments and wanted a kid as collateral."

Azef scratched the side of his head, "If we're talking about people living here, the only one that comes to mind is Silas Soma, but his eye isn't white... unless he did something to it." He tapped his finger on his thigh, "Do you want me to look into it?"

I paused, "Silas Soma?"

"Yep," Azef raised his brows, "Somi Soma's brother,"

"..." I placed my hand on my mouth and thought about it, "The somas are pretty difficult to deal with."

"But it would explain why her father was so afraid. They do hold a lot of power."

I folded my arms, "The Soma's...."

"Well, it's not like it's a confirmed fact." He pointed at the TV, "Look, Murim's drama is airing soon."

"Murim is Silas's nephew..." I paused.

"And?"

"No," I shook my head, "Nothing, I've heard they're pretty close but Silas never got married."

"Yeah, there's a rumor he hates kids, so there's a chance it wasn't him. For a person who hates kids, why would he want a kid as collateral?"

"Hmm..."

***

>>Clio

I didn't get a wink of sleep...

It was already late when I went to bed but the rest of the time was spent calming myself down, followed by thinking about what was happening to me.

I moved my hand and brought my wrist into my view.

...

Staring at the bandage he did for me got me feeling things. He's a really good guy, in the short time I've been here he's actually helped me a lot and I'm really thankful to him too.

My heart bubbled up with warmth and I felt my ears get hot again as I recalled the kiss and his confession.

Oh God...

I covered my face with my hands as my heart rate sped up a little.

In that quiet moment, a question tiptoed through the corridors of my thoughts: Was the blossoming warmth within me a tender seed of something deeper? The realization hovered delicately, like a butterfly testing its wings.

Am I falling in love?

Seriously?

Again?

I slid my hands down my face with my eyes wide open.

Why though? Is that even possible? I got my heart broken just recently...

My heart did a flip.

No

I can't fall for him

I fell for Nolan because of the exact same reason. Because he helped us out and took us to a safer place and look how that turned out...

I shouldn't do this

I shouldn't ask for his help either. This is my problem, I shouldn't burden someone else with this just because he likes me.

...

He likes me....

My cheeks flushed again at the statement and I found myself panicking.

But how am I supposed to go down and face him? But I have to go to work too... But wait, do I have to? I don't have anything better to do. God, I'm stuck in such a weird situation.

I might need this job because I won't be going back to Nolan... but I have to pay Nolan back for the money he lent me. It was different before, but not now...

And I need the money I'm getting from the internship for mom's hospital bills too.

I sighed and got off the bed.

I guess I have no choice but to go.

The aroma of pancakes wafted through the air, a sweet promise of breakfast in the making. I walked to the kitchen, eyes scanning the room in search of a familiar figure. The anticipation of sharing the morning meal with Matthew painted a nervous expression on my face.

Befoz was busy doing his job, so I quietly went and sat down on the chair and waited silently. No one else was there except us.

The chef, a master of his craft, sizzled batter on the griddle, the rhythmic sounds of cooking becoming a background melody. I glanced toward the entrance, hoping to catch a glimpse of Matthew. However, the doorway remained vacant, just like the bedroom door that remained closed.

Bezof noticed my fleeting glances and offered a sympathetic smile, "You liked these last time so I made them again today," He was talking about the pancakes.

I smiled at him and nodded, "Thank you," Then looked around to see why no one else was coming. If Bezof is making pancakes, someone must have already told him I'm here. So where is he?

Is he not going to come? I felt a little disappointed. Is it because of yesterday? Does he regret kissing me?

The thought of it made me sad.

OH GOD! What am I doing? Why am I getting sad over it? I should be relieved!

Just as I began to resign myself to a solo breakfast, a familiar voice chimed in from behind. A mischievous glint in his eyes that hinted at an impending tease. "Looking for someone?" Azef quipped, the playful tone echoing through the kitchen.

A flush of embarrassment tinged my cheeks as I turned to face him. His teasing grin widened, as if he held a secret "Your other boss seems to have pulled a disappearing act this morning," He continued, the amusement in his voice amplifying my sense of chagrin as he came and took his seat across from me.

"I wasn't curious or anything..."I mustered a half-smile, attempting to conceal the disappointment that lingered beneath the surface.

"MmmHmmm," His playful hum, while good-natured, stirred a mix of emotions.

Befoz came over with the plate full of pancakes and set it down, but as soon as he set the plate near me, he went still, "Wait a minute," He smelled something in the air, then looked at me.

???

"Yes?" I was confused by his reaction because he was looking at me as if I was some sort of alien.

Azef let out a chuckle and turned to look at the chef. Both of them exchanged a glance and kept looking at each other but didn't say anything. But something was strange. They weren't talking but it looked like they were communicating.

Hmmm?

What are they? Talking telepathically or something?

"Oh my God!" Bezof's eyes went wide all of a sudden, "The Alpha's mate?!!!"

????

What? The Alpha's mate?

He looked at me, "Oh! Hell! I'm going to tell the whole pack!!!"

"What?" I shook my head, "Am I missing something here?" I sort of felt out of place.

Pack? Tell the whole pack? Tell them what? Is a pack supposed to be something that these people call friends?

Azef passed me a smile, "Don't worry about it chicky," He moved the pancakes towards me, "He's just excited about something personal."

"Oh," I nodded awkwardly, "I see," And placed all the pancakes on my plate which made Azef's smile turn wider, "Sorry," I cleared my throat, "I just feel so hungry," And confused.

Is it just me? Well, I am the only other person here, but why did it look like they were talking??

"They're all yours," He folded his arms and watched me take everything.

I let out an awkward toothy smile, "Seems like I'm getting some special treatment." I spoke in a whisper because I didn't want it to be heard.

As if anyone would treat me special...

"Oh, you just don't realize it yet, but you are special," He whispered something, "And I will make sure he gets you,"

"Hmm?" I had started eating so I didn't get what he said, "You said something?"

"Nothing," He smirked, "Just talking to myself,"

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

704 28 28
Stella Nox is seventeen, but has barely experienced anything, which is ironic since her mom is the definition of a man-eater. But all of that changes...
11K 1.2K 15
A wealthy business owner teams up with a bumbling investigator to uncover the reason his girlfriend died four years earlier. Will he get the answers...
788 297 11
Scarlet Cline is in the wrong place at the wrong time, leading up to a bloody red apple killing her. After being brought back to life by a mad Germa...
2M 71.8K 53
About the arranged marriage to a billionaire's "son".