Ⓗunting Ⓨou (Hunter X Reader)

By sun_ve

Y/N is 21, and is a wild witch, specialized in Beast Keeping, plants, and Potions. Once she left Hexside, she... More

❀1❀
❀2❀
❀3❀
❀4❀
❀5❀
❀6❀
❀7❀
❀8❀
❀9❀
❀10❀
❀11❀
❀12❀
❀13❀
❀14❀
❀15❀
❀16❀
❀17❀
❀18❀
❀19❀
❀20❀
❀21❀
❀22❀
❀23❀
❀24❀
❀25❀
❀26❀
❀27❀
❀28❀
❀29❀
❀30❀
❀31❀
❀32❀
❀33❀
❀34❀
❀35❀
❀36❀
❀37❀
❀38❀
❀40❀
❀41❀
❀42❀
❀43❀
❀44❀
❀45❀
❀46❀
❀47❀
❀48❀
❀49❀
❀50❀
❀51❀
❀52❀
❀53❀
❀54❀
❀55❀
❀56❀
❀57❀
❀58❀
❀59❀
❀60❀
❀61❀
❀62❀
❀63❀
❀64❀
❀65❀
❀66❀
THANK YOU!

❀39❀

543 27 129
By sun_ve

(Above is a pic of us showing Viney our girlboss scar)

The next morning you tried calling him but he didn't answer. Viney came home late last night and was talking about how Rowan got out of the hospital and is now in the guilds cells.

"For real?" You ask.

"Yeah. I'm thinking about visiting him just to probably scold him. Would you want to too?" She asks.

You stand there and put a finger to your chin and think. Would he really be sorry your time right now?

Yeah probably you wanna yell at him.

"I'll come with you." You say.

"Great!" Viney grins.

"Maybe we can go get food together after!" Viney smiles.

"That sounds great." You smile, grabbing your things to go.

"Date with the bestie!!!....Hunter who?" She smirks.

"Pfft." You giggle.

You and Viney both walk out the door and out around the guild.

"Speaking of him... are you guys official?" She smirks.

"Like boyfriend girlfriend?" You ask.

"Yeah!" She smiles.

You furrow your eyebrows and try to think.

"I'm not sure... I mean I told him I loved him." You blush.

"YOU DID?" She asks.

"Yeah..." you blush.

"Did he say it back?" She asks.

"No, he said he wanted the moment to be right. Cheesy huh?" You grin.

"Very. But let him do him." She grins.

"I don't mind. It's sweet honestly. It just means it means a lot to him." You say.

"But I'd have to ask him... if we're... anything? I don't think we are... I feel like it would be better to put a label on it when... we don't have to hide our relationship?" You smile.

"No yeah, that makes sense." She smiles.

You both are continuing making your way to the guilds mini prison area. Rowan's probably the first to be in there.

You start sweating when you approach the doors. Viney notices and puts her hand in your shoulder and smiles.

"You nervous?" She asks.

"A bit." You smile.

"Don't be, he should be scared of you, you broke his nose remember?" She winks.

You giggle a little and open the doors. One of the guild members sees you both enter.

"Here to see your brother I take it?" The guild member asks.

"Ugh, unfortunately." Viney smiles.

"Kinda sad he's the only one in the entire guild in a cell." The guild member smiles.

"No it's what he deserves." Viney nods.

The guild member laughs, and let's you guys pass. He opens the door to where Rowan is kept.

You glance behind Viney and there you see Rowan sitting facing the wall. Viney rolls her eyes and walks up to his cell, you follow behind her.

"GUESS WHAT?! YOUR BULLIES ARE HERE!!" Viney sings.

Rowan turns around quickly from the sudden noise. He still has some bruises on his face, and his nose is still healing. He has a black eye, which you seem sort of confused about because you don't remember giving him one.

"You ready to get bullied??? I know I'm ready to bully you!" Viney sings.

Rowan rolls his eyes and folds his arms. He then meets his eyes with you and smiles a little

(Drawing I made of him in this current scene)

"Nice sigil." He smiles.

"Proud? I hope you know that me, Viney and others are searching for a way to remove it." You glare at him.

"...I was only giving you one to protect you." He then glares at you.

"Without my consent. You forced me. Why would you be a part of this guild to begin with if you believe in order to be free we need sigils? This is our freedom this guild right here." You say.

"Living in the ground isn't freedom, we have no choice, everyone in here needs to grow up. I was only doing this to protect you." He scoffs.

"I don't need protecting. If anything you need protecting. I busted your nose." You say.

"And that's on period." Viney folds her arms.

Rowan glares at you.

"Who was that guy? That bust down the ceiling? I don't know him." He folds his arms.

"He's none of your business." You say.

"Were you cheating on me? In our relationship? We established we were in a relationship and you go off and talk to whoever he was?" Rowan raises an eyebrow.

"We??? There was no we, you established it, and I don't think I ever agreed on it. It was one sided." You fold your arms.

"I called you my girlfriend? It was official." He glares.

"But did I ever call you anything back?" You clench your fists.

"You were still cheating. Can't believe you." He rolls his eyes.

"Think whatever you wanna think, it's clearly impossible to make you understand anything." You grumble.

"Well he... nearly killed me. I kept seeing him in the corner of my eye for the past week at the guilds hospital wing, and he was saying these... horrid things to me..." Rowan twitches.

You furrow your eyebrows.

"He told me things... he kept saying he'd kill me, and even if I were to die he told me to expect him in hell, and he'd kill me again.... And again... and again..." Rowan twitches even more.

You blink, and back away a little.

"He wouldn't leave...! he wouldn't stop telling me those same things...! I couldn't sleep because if I closed my eyes I kept seeing him look at me with the intent to kill me." Rowan laughs.

"There was one night It felt like I was being strangled and I couldn't breathe. I thought I was going to die. The room was spinning and spinning and spinning and as it was... the only thing I could see was him staring at me... telling me those same things." Rowan twitches.

"So I punched myself in my own eye just to make it stop..." Rowan smiles manically pointing at his black eye.

You back away from his cell and look over at Viney. Viney has a hand against her mouth in surprise but also excitement. You furrow your eyebrows.

The day it happened, Hunter was muttering things to Rowan as he was using that deathly nightshade on him. You couldn't make out what he was saying to him at the time.

But now you wonder if those are the things Hunter had said to him at that point of time. These obvious hallucinations Rowan just described must have been a broken record of Hunter saying those things to him over and over again from that time he was muttering to him.

Titan.

"That... sounds like the hallucination symptoms from the deathly nightshade." You nod.

"I hope he's proud of himself he nearly killed a man." Rowan twitches.

"Don't worry he is. I'm sure he'd be pleased to know he was haunting you throughout your weird little hallucinations." You smile.

"Im quite proud of him too, you deserved it." You smile.

"Me too." Viney holds up her hand.

Rowan scratches his arm and glares at the both of you.

"OOKAY! why don't we get something to eat, Im hungry." Viney grins and wraps her arm around you.

"Sounds great." You nod and wrap your arm around Viney.

"Later loser!!" Viney grins and slams the door shut on him.

Rowan stares at the two of you as you walk away and scratches his arm frantically, still twitching a little.

"Holy Titan that was some powerful ass nightshade your man used on him, that sounds creepy as hell." Viney laughs.

"Im kind of shocked myself too, I mean even when I used an anti poison potion on him it still affected him that bad." You smile.

"He must be good at plants." Viney shrugs.

You laugh a little and nod. You and Viney decide to go get pastries at a little pastry shop. You sit outside and talk a bit.

"So I've been talking to Skara." Viney smiles.

"Are you guys friends again? You had some beef or something back at Hexside." You say.

"We've been friends for a bit, I've been texting her, before she joined the guild. I just haven't seen her in person as much so we've been hanging out." Viney points out.

"I haven't seen her in a while, dang her style is good. She looks real pretty." Viney grins.

"Wait...do you like.. her?" You point your finger at her.

Vineys eyes widen and she smiles nervously.

"Uhhmm... hah.. well..I'm seeing how it goes you know? She's... nice." Viney blushes a little.

"Ooohhhh Vineyyyyy." You smirk.

"Don't go talking about it like it's so big. It's a minimal small crush at best." Viney holds up her finger and smiles.

"Here's something to talk about. What's he doing over there?" Viney points to a direction.

You look over and see a little group of coven scouts accompanied with Hunter. They seem to be making their way somewhere.

"...He's walking odd... he looks exhausted." Viney points out.

Hunter seems to practically be dragging his own self and like he's gonna fall over at any moment. He keeps holding out his hand about to touch his face but then pulls it away, because he forgets he has his mask on.

"...When I called him last night he was being weird... saying his face hurts and he's tired. He dropped his phone and didn't even hang up I had to hang up, I think he passed out." You say.

"What do you think happened?" Viney asks.

"Something... bad definitely." You hold your hands together and watch him continue to sloppily drag himself.

Hunter stops walking for a moment and taps the shoulder of another guard. He says something to him and the other guard nods.

Hunter walks over to an alleyway by himself.

"What's he doing? Isn't he supposed to continue walking with his scouts?" Viney asks.

You stand up and get out of your chair.

"I'm gonna check on him. I wanted to this morning but I couldn't because he didn't answer, nows my opportunity." You say.

Viney nods and watches you run off.

You go into the alleyway and slowly tiptoe your way to wherever he went. You turn your head around the corner of another alleyway in the alleyway and see him there.

He has his mask off and is slumped against a wall holding the side of his face with one hand. He's breathing heavily.

He goes through his pockets and pulls out a potion and applies it to one side of his face. He flinches a little as he does this.

You furrow your eyebrows and try to get a closer look at him but your foot brushes too hard against the ground, and he immediately slaps his mask back on his face and turns to you.

"Get away! You have no business spying on a coven official!" He exclaims and holds his staff in your direction.

"Hunter- it's me." You say calmly holding your hands up.

He takes a breath and lowers his staff, and looks away from you. He lets out a few deep breaths.

"Damn it.. of course it is, why are you everywhere I go?" He asks.

"Are you alright? You don't seem well." You say.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm in the middle of a mission." He says tiredly.

"What mission?" You ask.

"Someone broke into blight industries, specifically the supply room while we were out. We're gonna investigate." Hunter says.

Viney pops her head around the corner and immediately Hunter raises his staff.

"It's just Viney." You say putting his staff down.

"You guys okay?" She asks.

"Fine." Hunter says.

"Did you say blight industries?" She asks.

Hunter nods.

"Eheheh... so funny story..." Viney grins.

"Were you the one who broke in?" You ask.

"Well....so... when you guys were in your silly little cruise me and Steve were noticing some things about the machines parts." Viney smiles.

"Like..?" You ask.

"A lot of the wiring and stuff is really old and nasty, so it's not as clean or fresh, so we figured finding more healthier parts to it would help make the process more efficient you know more likely to work and stuff?" Viney grins.

"...mmm of course, now I gotta pretend I don't know." Hunter says.

"Speaking of that. Hunter when are you free to test if the flower works?" You ask.

Hunter goes silent and breathes shakily. He really seems like he's gonna fall over. He clears his throat and tries to maintain his balance.

"...I have a bunch of missions I need to do today and tomorrow... so maybe after tomorrow." He says softly.

"What kind of missions?" You ask him.

"Belos wants me searching the entire isles for Titan blood again, after this mission that's what I'll be doing, as well as all of tomorrow." Hunter rubs his head.

"But... the isle is dried out?" You say.

"He got pretty upset I came back empty handed. So he tasked me to search the entire isles again." He sighs.

"..I'm so sorry." You say softly.

"It doesn't bother me. It's just walking around doing nothing so I'm not complaining." Hunter breathes.

You notice his hands are a little shaky and he keeps rubbing the top of his head.

"Are you okay? When I called you last night you passed out." You bring up.

"It's nothing. Everything's great." He says.

You and Viney hear footsteps coming as well as Hunter. Hunter turns to look at you.

"You guys need to get out of here my scouts, they're probably looking for me." Hunter says.

"Blame the stolen items on the rats!" Viney whispers.

"I'll see you in a few days then." You say quickly and squeeze his shoulder.

Hunter takes a shaky breath and nods and then makes his way back to his duties.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 714 20
Life on the Boiling Isles is tough by default. Between the acid rain, demons and monsters running around, and magic, it's hectic. For anybody. But, e...
40.6K 930 15
I've met a demon. Shortly, I fell in love with her. But will she love a human back?
8.8K 246 26
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ʟɪᴠᴇs ᴛᴡᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇs; ʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛᴏᴍᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴘʜᴏɴᴇᴄᴀʟʟs ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ sᴇᴄᴜʀɪᴛʏ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅ...
38.7K 805 23
Y/n has always had a great quirk but she never thought much of it. until she gets a UA acceptance letter. When she gets there she meets a bunch new f...