Ⓗunting Ⓨou (Hunter X Reader)

By sun_ve

Y/N is 21, and is a wild witch, specialized in Beast Keeping, plants, and Potions. Once she left Hexside, she... More

❀1❀
❀2❀
❀3❀
❀4❀
❀5❀
❀6❀
❀7❀
❀8❀
❀9❀
❀10❀
❀11❀
❀12❀
❀13❀
❀14❀
❀15❀
❀16❀
❀17❀
❀18❀
❀19❀
❀20❀
❀21❀
❀22❀
❀23❀
❀24❀
❀25❀
❀26❀
❀27❀
❀29❀
❀30❀
❀31❀
❀32❀
❀33❀
❀34❀
❀35❀
❀36❀
❀37❀
❀38❀
❀39❀
❀40❀
❀41❀
❀42❀
❀43❀
❀44❀
❀45❀
❀46❀
❀47❀
❀48❀
❀49❀
❀50❀
❀51❀
❀52❀
❀53❀
❀54❀
❀55❀
❀56❀
❀57❀
❀58❀
❀59❀
❀60❀
❀61❀
❀62❀
❀63❀
❀64❀
❀65❀
❀66❀
THANK YOU!

❀28❀

759 26 197
By sun_ve

"should we get snacks??? I don't know how long we're gonna be there for!" Viney says.

It's 11, an hour from when you should be at the shed to take a look at it.

"I know how much you hate the bazaar Y/n, but they sell silky worms, those are super good, how bout we get a bunch of snacks?" Viney grins.

"I love the bazaar as long as it's with anyone but Rowan." You smile.

"Yes!!!" Viney grins.

"Steve what do you like?" Viney asks.

"I like fairy pies." Steve grins.

"We could get those mini ones then! Sweet! What does Goldie like do any of you know? We gotta get him some snacks too." Viney asks.

"He likes sandwiches." Steve says.

"Sandwiches?" You ask.

"Yeah, he likes sandwiches." Steve grins.

"And then I wanna get chips, and we need water of course. We can get the silky worm treats of course for me and you to share Y/n." Viney says.

"Don't you want something else though?" Viney asks you.

"Umm I'll have (favorite snack)." You say.

"Okay. And then I wanna also get gummy bears." Viney says.

"And (favorite candy)." You say.

"Perfect! We're set let's go!" Viney grins.

You head to the bazaar and go to snack area to get some food. Steve gets the snacks for himself and Hunter and you and Viney get the snacks for the two of you. You meet up at the center of the bazaar.

"You guys all set?" Steve asks.

"Oh yeah." Viney grins holding a bunch of snacks in he bag.

Meanwhile Steve is just holding 2 small fairy pies, 2 small sandwiches and a little toolbox.

"I bought this too because we're sorta gonna have to take it apart to look at it right?" Steve says.

"That's a good idea, Viney why didn't we think of that?" You ask.

"That's true why didn't we think of that." Viney says.

"Whatever! Let's go! We're gonna be there a bit early!" Viney says.

You lead the way to the shed. You don't know why but you kept getting nervous as you were heading there. What if Rowan was there? You know Eda took care of him but this is the last place you saw him so it gives you the creeps.

You eventually turn the corner and then you see the shed. The top is slightly burnt because Hunter set the roof on fire, but it's fine.

Hopefully none of those other people that were there that day are there either.

They probably won't be because they'd probably assume we would have destroyed the machine.

Steve heads to the shed and opens the shed door.

"The roofs missing." Steve says.

"Hunter got rid of it." You say.

"Heheh." Steve smiles.

"So where is it?" Viney says.

You look around the shed trying to see where it is. Then you spot it in the corner. The glove is still intact and the wires the glove itself is connected to are connected to the machine mounted on the wall.

Viney furrows her eyebrows and takes a look at it. She looks at all the little buttons and stuff displayed.

"Is it still on I wonder?" She asks.

"Let's see." You say and grab a piece of wood from the fallen debris of the roof.

You slip the glove on and press it firmly against the piece of wood.

The wood is engraved with a plant sigil and some grass sprouts between its cracks.

"Well, that piece of wood is an official member of the plant coven." You scoff.

"So it is still on. How do you turn it off I wonder?" Viney says.

"Let me take a look." Steve says approaching the machine.

He examines all the buttons on the machine looking closely at them. He flips a switch and a sudden vibration occurs throughout the wires and the glove shakes and then comes to a stop.

"Is it off?" He asks.

You grab the gloves and press it against some wood again. No sigil. You give a thumbs up.

"Sweet, now we don't need to worry about it accidentally getting anyone. But if we could find where it's source of magic is coming from..." Steve says.

"We need to unlock this hatch, and look inside it that's what." Viney says approaching it.

"It needs a key." Steve says.

"Screw keys watch this." Viney grins and circle her finger to use a little fire Magic.

The fire melts the lock off and she opens it.

Inside are wires connected to different types of magic.

There's slots. One holding abomination goo for the abomination coven, a mini crystal ball for the Oracle coven, a flower for the plant coven, a griffin feather for the beast keeping, and so on and so on.

"You can change which one it's in through the glove right?" Steve says.

"Yeah you can." You say and look at the screen on too of the glove.

You can look through the options. They have all the coven options except the emperors coven. Of course.

"What if you attach it to nothing? One of the options? Would that work?" You ask.

"Let's see." Viney says.

There's a Woosh sound outside and Steve looks out the shed window. Viney removes the abomination goo.

The abomination option dissapears from the options in the glove screen.

"Try it out on the piece of wood you used earlier." Viney says.

"Well... no that doesn't work... because it just removes it from the options, it won't let me use it, it just scroll to a different coven." You say.

"Damn it." Viney says.

"I'll be right back." Steve says heading outside.

"Okay." You and Viney say, still meddling with the machine.

The shed door closes.

"So then it needs to be connected to something in order for it to work?" Viney says.

"Seems like it." You say.

"I know, what if we got a plastic bag of air and attach it to that, that's way it's connected to nothing but also something." Viney says.

"Viney I don't think that's how it works." You laugh a little.

"Yeah... then that would put you in the plastic bag coven." Viney giggles.

Viney looks at the other stuff on the machine and tried meddling with it.

"What if we mix all of it together and make one big thing and connect the wires to that??" Viney says.

"I feel like that would be dangerous, I don't know why, because like- what if I get a whole bunch of sigils on my arm." You say.

"Either that or an emperors coven sigil, if that's what it makes." Viney says.

Viney glances out the window in curiousity to see where Steve went.

Her eyes widen.

"I think your boyfriends here." Viney nudges you as you fiddle with the glove.

Your eyes widen.

"He's not my boyfriend!" You say and you shove Viney embarrassedly as you scramble to look out the window.

Steve and Hunter are talking. This is so weird. Seeing them talk.

"What do you think they're talking about?" You say.

"Probably eachother, or maybe about you." Viney says looking out the window with you.

"Here I'll guess what they're talking about, I'll narrate it." Viney says clearing her throat.

"Viney." You say.

"Hi Steve your sister is so hot. No way, that's crazy, that means we're gonna be brother in laws. I know right?" Viney mimics.

"THEY BOTH WOULD NEVER SAY THAT." You say all flushed and clap your hand over her mouth.

Viney laughs, and prys your hand off her mouth.

You glance out the window again and watch them talk. Hunters smiling, and Steve seems to be talking with his hands. You start sweating.

Steve smiles brightly and pats Hunters back, Hunter laughs a little and says something else to him. You blink and continue watching.

"He must be happy to see him again." You mutter.

"Plot twist, Hunter actually likes Steve." Viney whispers.

"SHUT UP!" You say and playfully hit her.

Viney goes in a loud laughing fit, and you try shushing her.

"IM SORRY ITS SO FUNNY MESSING WITH YOU." Viney laughs.

You glance out the window again and look at what's happening. They're both not talking anymore and are directly staring at the window and you immediately drop down like your dodging a bunch of bullets.

"Viney they heard you laughing...!" You whisper yell at her.

"It's okay, they won't get it. It's our little inside joke." Viney winks.

You scoff and roll your eyes.

You slowly creep up and look out the window again. They're talking to eachother again.

Steve shrugs and Hunter smiles. Steve then says something else and Hunters eyes widen and his face gets slightly pink and he shakes his head, and starts immediately explaining himself.

What did Steve tell him? He better not he interrogating him over the fact we kissed, because that's what you thinks he's doing. Shit this is so awkward.

"Viney you should tell them to get inside before Steve interrogates him anymore." You say.

"Why should I tell them? Why don't you tell them?" She asks.

You blush.

"You nervous to see him again? Is that it?" Viney asks.

"N-no I'm not nervous!" You say.

"Then go tell them!" Viney says.

"Damn it, fine." You blush and stand up.

You hesitantly open the door to the shed and stand outside. They haven't noticed you yet and are still talking to eachother. You stand there awkwardly.

"U-um! Hey! You guys can come in!" You shout.

Steve and Hunter glance at you. Your heart drops to your stomach again as soon as you make eye contact with Hunter and your heart starts beating rapidly.

"U-um... we got snacks... and stuff..!" You say.

They says something else to eachother and then look at you again. Steve smiles at Hunter and Hunter nods. They begin walking towards you.

Oh Titan.

"Sorry, I just wanted to catch up." Steve smiles and enters the shed.

Hunter pops up behind him and glances at you.

"..Hey." He says softly.

"H-hey." You nod.

Hunters cheeks are already pink and he nods back and goes into the shed. You follow behind him and close the door.

"So you guys find out anything?" Steve says.

"Well, we figured out if we remove one of the options than it doesn't give a blank option it just deleted it completely." Viney says.

"And then I also suggested what if we meshed all the magic together and connected it to a wire but that probably would lead to something bad." Viney says.

"That would either give her the emperors coven sigil or she'd have every single coven sigil on her arm." Hunter says.

"That's what Y/n said too." Viney smiles.

"Also hey, I'm Viney, Y/Ns told me LOTS about you." Viney smirks.

"...she has..?" Hunter blushes and glances at you.

You blush and awkwardly look away.

"Yep! You were the guy who broke me out of the conformatorium right???" Viney smiles.

"Yeah. I was." Hunter nods.

"Thanks for that again!" Viney smiles.

"...You're welcome." Hunter says again.

"Anyways! We came to the conclusion that it would need to be connected to something in order to remove it from her." Viney says.

"But we don't know what is the problem." You say.

"What if you removed them all what would happen?" Hunter asks approaching the machine to get a better look at it.

"It would probably just delete all the options and it wouldn't work ." You say.

"I mean it's worth a shot." Viney says removing all the items.

Steve helps her remove all the items and you and Hunter watch them as they do. You bend down and pick up the glove and slowly watch all the coven options delete itself from the glove pad.

"What's it doing?" Hunter asks looking at the glove with you.

"It's deleting the options since they're removing them." You say.

Hunter puts a finger in his chin and glances at the glove and then back at them removing them all.

Finally all the options are gone and it's a blank screen.

"What's the glove say?" Viney says.

"There's no options, blank screen." You say.

"Test it on the piece of wood. Now that's it's not connected to anything maybe it'll remove it." She says.

You slip the glove on and pick up the piece of wood. You gently tap the place where you implanted to plant sigil.

...no change.

"Nothing." You say.

"That's so odd. Maybe we would have to reprogram something." Steve says.

"Or find something to replace an item with." Hunter says.

"But what would we replace it with?" Viney says.

"Maybe an ancient artifact, there's tons of ruins in the islands all across the boiling sea. If I did some research then maybe I could find something that may work." Hunter says.

"Titans blood?" Steve asks.

"...that may work actually, because before Belos took control it seemed the Titan influenced free use of magic. If we were somehow able to get the titans blessing and somehow obtain titans blood it may just work." Hunter says.

"But the isles have been wiped out of titans blood for years. I would have found some a long time ago by now." Hunter says.

"So what do we do?" Viney says.

"I could still look at some other ancient artifacts, anything close." Hunter says.

"If I can't find anything else I guess I'll have to look around the entire isles again for any sign of titans blood." Hunter says.

"I could come with you." You say.

Hunter glances at you.

"You don't have to do all this yourself you know." You say.

"Yeah... we can.. we can do it together." Hunter says.

"That's great, and while you guys do all your research of possible replacements, me and Viney can check if it may need to be internally reprogrammed." Steve says.

"Sounds like a plan." You say.

"Okay, I think this is a good place to leave off, snack break?" Viney grins.

Everyone's sitting outside the shed talking together while eating. You and Viney are eating your silky worm treats and Hunter and Steve are eating their sandwich and fairy pie.

"I meant to use poison ivy on him." Hunter explains.

"Yeah but you seemed so angry you accidentally used deathly nightshade on him." You laugh.

"You should have continued to let him die using that nightshade in my opinion." Viney says.

"I gave him an anti poison potion afterwards, but he barely drank some of it he choked on it so he got some down his shirt rather than in his system. He could still be feeling symptoms from it for all I know." You say.

"Deathly nightshade gives you blurred vision, hallucinations, delusions, headaches, slurred speech and random muscle spasms." Hunter says.

"It can drive you crazy and eventually kill you." He says.

"It won't kill him thanks to the anti poison but it's gonna give him some symptoms that's for sure. He's gonna be sick for weeks." You say.

"Did it hurt? When you got the sigil?" Viney asks.

"No, I didn't even notice it. I don't even know when he managed to get me." You say.

"Eda said he's in the guilds hospital wing right now unconscious. She said once he's awake and less sick she's going to bring him in for questioning. Once he's awake for me I'm gonna choke him out." Viney says.

"I'm so sorry you had to deal with my pain in the ass brother by the way." Viney looks at Hunter.

"Its fine." Hunter half smiles.

"You're a real one for coming to help Y/n by the way." Viney grins.

"Well... I.. didn't... I wasnt... really that quick enough..." He mumbles.

"Sigil she has or not, you got her out of there before anything else probably bad were to happen to her." Steve says patting Hunters back.

"..thanks." Hunter smiles softly.

"No seriously, he was talking about a whole ass future together and kids and shit it was freaking me out." You say all grossed out.

"Fucking gross." Viney says.

"Yeah. So.... I'm glad I got some help before he continued to go on about that subject." You glance at Hunter.

"I think that's what sparked the nightshade for me, hearing that honestly." Hunter chuckles.

"Good." Viney smirks.

"I need to go now, Eda wanted to talk with me today about setting me up with the scouts." Steve says.

"Oh nice!" You grin.

"I actually also need to go too, I have my work in an hour and I need to get ready." Viney says.

"I thought you didn't work today?" You ask Viney.

"Oh uhhhh my coworkers sick I offered to take their shift." Viney winks.

You stare at her.

She smiles again and winks. She's leaving you both alone on purpose.

"See ya!" Viney grins and runs off.

"See you." You bud.

"I'll also see you guys later?" Steve says.

"I'll be home soon" You say.

Steve looks at Hunter and pats his shoulder.

"I hope to see you again too." Steve smiles.

"For sure." Hunter nods.

Steve smiles and waves and then runs off back to the guild. This leaves just you and Hunter.

"Sooo..." You say awkwardly.

Hunter scratches the back of his head, and glances at you.

"How was... that?" You ask.

"It was fine. I... didn't believe Steve was actually your brother until I actually saw him here." He says.

"I told you." You smile.

"I know I just was hesitant." Hunter says.

"What we're you guys talking about before when it was the two of you?" You ask.

"He was happy to see me again, asked how I was doing. I asked how he was doing. He thanked me for helping you escape yesterday." Hunter says.

"He didn't say anything weird did he?" You ask.

"Uhm... well he knows about uh... you know.." Hunter blushes and shrugs.

Your face turns red and you nod slightly.

"I um... I told him I don't have any bad um... intentions..." Hunter looks away.

"I shouldn't have told him." You mumble.

"No it's fine- it wasn't bad." Hunter says.

"Okay." You say.

...

"So looking at Ancient artifacts? Do you have any in mind?" You ask.

"Some. I'd have to look at them in the books I read though." He says.

"When would you want to start looking?" He asks.

"Maybe in a few days. Eda set up some missions for me, and I haven't gotten some in a while... so." You nod.

"Yeah thats fine." Hunter says.

"I'll call you when I can though." You say.

"Okay, I'll be waiting for your call then." He says.

You smile.

"Um..." you say.

He looks at you.

"Did you mean it?" You ask softly.

Hunter tilts his head.

"When you said you liked me? Did you actually mean it?" You ask.

Hunters ears flush a slight pink. He looks away from you and opens his mouth to speak.

"...Yes.." He says softly.

You blush and fiddle your hands together. Why did you ask that? You already knew the answer why did you ask that again?

"...I could kind of already tell you know." You smile a little and look at him.

Hunters eyes widen and he starts sweating.

"A-and how..? Exactly?" He asks.

"The roses." You say.

"The... roses..? What do you mean?" He asks.

"Remember when I taught you the plant glyph, and all those roses came out?" You say.

"Fuck.. I'm sorry about that." He facepalms himself.

"No, it's not about that, I'm saying roses in general, you know flowers have meaning right?" You say.

"...well... yes... but I didn't think that was important." Hunter mumbles.

"Whatever feeling you're feeling when you use a plant glyph, the plant combines your feelings to a plant and uses it." You say.

"You weren't thinking of what plant to use when you used the plant glyph for the first time so it used whatever emotion you were feeling to make one." You say.

"Same thing when we were at the park, do you remember when I asked you to make a plant glyph for me on whim?" You ask.

"No." He smiles.

"Well... we were both drunk so that makes sense." You smile.

"But I asked you to make one and you made a rose." You say.

"Damn it... that's embarrassing... why didn't you tell me?" He asks.

"I didn't want to embarrass you." You say.

"That's... fair.." He mumbles.

You smile. He looks at you and awkwardly smiles too.

"Well... if you were to make a plant glyph what plant would it be right now?" He asks.

Bold.

"Um..." you blush.

He stares at you waiting for your response.

You take a deep breath and circle your finger. Hunter watches you. You feel yourself holding your breath, and then..

A rose pops out from the ground. Your face heats up. Hunter stares at it and his eyes somewhat shimmer when he sees it. He looks back up at you.

"So you like me too then?" He asks.

You stand up and grab your bag.

"...well...I certainly don't dislike you." You say softly and lean down to kiss his cheek.

His eyes widen and as soon as you lean back upwards he looks back up at you. His eyes are gleaming, and filled with wonder.

He placed his palm gently on his cheek where you had kissed him.

"I'll see you in a few days." You say.

"Y-yeah. I'll um... I'll see you..." He stutters.

You smile at him and he's still in shock processing the little peck on his cheek to return the smile back, but you know he means well.

You take out your palisman and you fly away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 1.8K 71
Welcome to my Varian X Reader Oneshot storybook where you will get to go on tons of adventure's with Varian, in my way or yours! 💙 If you have any r...
85.5K 2.1K 92
An entire love, or life in one night ♡ #1 in Bubbletea 🪦 Goldenguardtoh Decorating Toh 🪦 Goldenguard Hunterowlhouse #2 in Royalball Heels Hunte...
4.5K 98 4
Here's the rebooted version of The Mysterious Fallen Angel.
36.7K 929 34
Where a strage creature appears out of nowhere, attacking any one it sees, forcing ppl to lock themselves at home until the strange monster leaves. L...