Fate : A Twisted Story

By Author_Amira

Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned u... More

°•°• author °•°•
Chapter : 01
chapter : 02
Chapter : 03
Chapter : 04
Chapter : 05
chapter : 06
Chapter : 07
Chapter : 08
Chapter : 09
Chapter : 10
Chapter : 11
Chapter : 12
Chapter : 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter : 16
Chapter : 17
Chapter : 18
Chapter : 19
Chapter : 20
Chapter : 21
Chapter : 22
Chapter : 23
Chapter : 24
Chapter : 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter : 28
Chapter : 29
Chapter : 30
Chapter : 31
announcement
Chapter : 32
Chapter : 33
Chapter : 34
Chapter : 35
Chapter : 36
Chapter : 37
Chapter : 38
Chapter : 39
Chapter : 40
Chapter : 41
Chapter : 42
Chapter : 43
Chapter : 44
Chapter : 45
Chapter : 46
Chapter : 47
Chapter : 48
Chapter : 49
Chapter : 50
announcement
Chapter : 51
Chapter : 52
Chapter : 53
Chapter : 54
Chapter : 55
Chapter : 56
Chapter : 57
Chapter : 58
Chapter : 59
Chapter : 60
Chapter : 61
Chapter : 62
Chapter : 63
Chapter : 64
Chapter : 65
Chapter : 66
Chapter : 67
Chapter : 68
Chapter : 69
Chapter : 70
Chapter : 71
Chapter : 72
Chapter : 73
Chapter : 74
Chapter : 75
Chapter : 76
Chapter : 77
Chapter : 78
Chapter : 79
Chapter : 80
Chapter : 81
Chapter : 82
Chapter : 83
Chapter : 84
Chapter : 85
Chapter : 86
Chapter : 87
Chapter : 88
Chapter : 89
Chapter : 90

Chapter : 25

338 13 0
By Author_Amira

As of today, I started visiting the library regularly. Most of my afternoon time were spent together with Sofia. The whole time, we would research about the black forest. I discover many clues about the cave I often see in my dreams. But the strange fact is that the cave entrance was not on the map. No matter how intricate we are, nothing can be found. Days pass as we continue our search, but the results are a trifle. At first, it was hard to locate the cave, but after putting two and two together, it indicates a particular mountain. Instead of a cave, a mountain is in its place.

The mountain was insignificant; even so, the most vicious and poisonous plants were grown in this area. We were delighted to see the fruits of our research finally.

Apart from Martha, my life in the north was smooth sailing. Martha seems a little off-board something. Now and then, she would come to see me to be more accurate with the workload. Maybe because it's been long enough since she started managing this place. 'But I really need to do something about her, sigh.'

Unlike what Ivan said, everyone here is kind to me; they treat me with utmost care and respect. After I finished my business with Sofia, I was headed to my room. As I was walking through the hallway when, I heard some men talking; some were shouting about - yeah! Go, Captain; others were whistling and laughing together.

Curious, I followed those sounds. Those voice led me to the training ground where Ivan was spearing with the Knights.

'Three against one, well, that's unfair. However, since we are talking about the male lead..meh, he will be okay.' I was peeking from behind a pillar.
'But those muscles, they sure are a sight to see. Oh!!! Ivan owns.'

He looked at me from the corner of his eyes. 'Oops. I got caught..'

I came out of hiding and felt embarrassed. I looked at the ground like some thief who got caught stealing. It felt so wrong. He walked towards me.

"Hi.. working hard, I see," I said, avoiding eye contact.

"What are you doing here?" he asked in a icy voice.

"Rude much.." I said out my thoughts. I was startled by my own doing. Realising what I just did, I put my hands on my lips at once.

I looked at him, and he gave me an annoyed look, too. "Leave; it's not a place a lady should be," he said, turning his back to me.

One thing about me is that I hate labeling people without any judgment.

'haa.. just forget it. Let's head back..'

Just as I was about to do that, I heard some knights speaking, "Woman should sit at home." "Yeah, coming to the training ground, what goes in that head?" "They got one job yet can't even do that." They keep going at it and laugh.

I got close to that man and said, "How wonderful, blabbing on like that, not knowing your place," looking all wicked.

Then I went near the holders where all the training sword was kept; they were organized accordingly. I searched thoroughly and found one for me.

When my fingers touched the sword, I felt it was calling me out. And when I hold it in my hand, I feel like I can cut anything that stands in my way as long as I have the sword in my hand. I was overwhelmed with this anonymous strength inside me.

I had this urge to fight as if my body was no longer in my control. My body turns towards the knight. Pointing it at the knight, I said, "Dual with me."

"Arya!" Ivan shouted my name. I look at him, a crescent smile on my face. "Hubby, let me play." Then again, looking at the knight. "Or are you too afraid to fight?" I mocked him.

"Arya, the sword is no child's play. Put that down now," Ivan said, anger echoing.

"Come on, choose." Ignoring him, I challenged the knight.

"Fine by me," he responded to my temptation.

"ARYA!" Ivan was furious at my action. He was gripping his hand tight into a fist, nails digging into his flesh. His eyes darken from anger, veins visible as his fist tighten. But that did not scare me; in that moment, inside my head, all that mattered to me was to fight

As Ivan stomped forward to stop me at that moment, the second in command, David, stopped him. "Let them be if any danger occurs; we are here to stop it," he said, his eyes locked on my figure.

David is a good champion of Ivan; he trusts his words with life on the line. So, he granted my request.

Seeing that the knight becomes cocky, "Do not accuse me afterward, madam," the knight spoke.

"Try your best to hold on," ridicule laced in my tone.

We both stand opposite, facing each other."Tell me, knight, what is your name?" I asked with authority. "Janis, madam," he replied politely rather than my expectation. "You know who I am, yet you dare to sully my honor? How brave of you." This time, my eyes were ice-cold. With a sigh, "Oh well, an impudent guy like you only learns after some good beating," a villainous smile craved on my lips.

He took an attack posture while I stood still. He launched straight with an attack aiming at my neck. I move two steps to the left side and kick in the joint of his knees. He fell with one knee touching the ground. Then he tried to aim at the area near my abdomen, but I stepped backward (two steps).

Unable to lend a hit, he was fuming angrily. 'well, what else is there to be expected from middle-aged men, this birdbrain guy' thought that a chuckle left my mouth. Now, his attack pattern was getting more fierce and easy to read.

I stopped defending and stood still, looking at the knight, who was embarrassed and angrily shaking. "You should prepare yourself now." Without losing any second, I launched my attacks. The knight missed my warning and was unable to defend my attacks. He tried to attack me, but his pattern was easy to understand because, in my mind, they were like slow pictures; I saw right through those quickly. I counterattack and deflect every one of them.

It was getting tiering as the spear was dragged long, so I decided to end this. I started attacking rapidly, without giving him a chance to counterattack, and with the final blow, his sword went flying and landed, sticking in the ground.

When I got my senses back, the dual had already ended. My sword was covered with fresh blood, blood dripping from my sword tip, the knight groaning in pain, holding his left forearm.

My actions took everyone aback. As if time had stopped, it was pin-drop silence. Only the huffing sound of the defeated knight can be hard.

I was horrified at what just happened, 'unable to control my own body, I could have killed him today... the thought itself choked me... what have I done...'

I looked at the defeated knight, who was still on the ground on both knees, holding his hand tightly to stop the blood from flowing any further. Moreover, the evident  horror in his eyes, as if a monster was standing before him, I felt sick to my stomach.

Relatively, the joy of victory was somewhat placed with fear. An immersed fear that was revolting within me, and I was unable to fight it.

'I can't move from the spot.. why is he looking at me like that.... no, no...'

"Arya, the dual is over. Put down your sword," Ivan spoke, but unknowingly I rebuked. He was stopping from approaching her.

I throw the sword on the ground and glance at the people there. Some were looking excited, some with awe, some with respect, some with fear.

"I'll head back now; sorry for the commotion." Saying that to them, I hurriedly left the drill.

In my mind, the fear that something could control my body like that terrifies me. It was like a hammer was pounding behind my head.

This was beyond my imagination; this world is no longer a world inside the novel, and these people are no longer some fictional characters. Like real people, they are just living their life in joy and sadness; they have emotions, they feel pain when hurt, bleed when cuts, and  that's when reality strikes me like a lightning bolt...

I looked at my shaking hands,'if Ivan had not call me than, back there I surely would have killed that knight,' my breath stuck in my throat at the cognizance 'today I almost killed a human being'.

______•°•°•______

Martha

Head maid
In her forties
Gray hair
Black ash eyes
Specialty: ----------

David

Second in commander
of black Knights
25 years old
Chocolate brown eyes
Black, brown hair
A mana user
A swordmaster
Specialty: body strength

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

MissFortune By Rosiquen

Historical Fiction

3.7K 97 17
"Here's a little reminder, Wife. You are going to perish." Rosamund, the Daughter of the Duke, the Young Lady was fairest of all the nobles. Who kne...
8M 465K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
24.1K 756 36
I was the daughter of Duke Solon, I thought I was the last child. My elder brother is following in my father's stead. We were never really close. We...
12.7K 613 15
"If I were to disappear, who would search for me?" When TJ wakes up as a villainess in a novel she can't accept it. Especially after realizing that...