Fate : A Twisted Story

By Author_Amira

Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned u... More

°•°• author °•°•
Chapter : 01
chapter : 02
Chapter : 03
Chapter : 04
Chapter : 05
chapter : 06
Chapter : 07
Chapter : 08
Chapter : 09
Chapter : 10
Chapter : 11
Chapter : 12
Chapter : 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter : 16
Chapter : 17
Chapter : 18
Chapter : 19
Chapter : 20
Chapter : 21
Chapter : 22
Chapter : 23
Chapter : 25
Chapter : 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter : 28
Chapter : 29
Chapter : 30
Chapter : 31
announcement
Chapter : 32
Chapter : 33
Chapter : 34
Chapter : 35
Chapter : 36
Chapter : 37
Chapter : 38
Chapter : 39
Chapter : 40
Chapter : 41
Chapter : 42
Chapter : 43
Chapter : 44
Chapter : 45
Chapter : 46
Chapter : 47
Chapter : 48
Chapter : 49
Chapter : 50
announcement
Chapter : 51
Chapter : 52
Chapter : 53
Chapter : 54
Chapter : 55
Chapter : 56
Chapter : 57
Chapter : 58
Chapter : 59
Chapter : 60
Chapter : 61
Chapter : 62
Chapter : 63
Chapter : 64
Chapter : 65
Chapter : 66
Chapter : 67
Chapter : 68
Chapter : 69
Chapter : 70
Chapter : 71
Chapter : 72
Chapter : 73
Chapter : 74
Chapter : 75
Chapter : 76
Chapter : 77
Chapter : 78
Chapter : 79
Chapter : 80
Chapter : 81
Chapter : 82
Chapter : 83
Chapter : 84
Chapter : 85
Chapter : 86
Chapter : 87
Chapter : 88
Chapter : 89
Chapter : 90

Chapter : 24

357 9 0
By Author_Amira

It was near time for the sun to rise. I laid in bed, my body is in perpetual motion, eyes gaze at the ceiling, minds overflowing with thoughts reaching nowhere. Crack of dawn, illuminating the lands from the dimness of night. Through the glass-window yellowish light entered my room, the thick layer of curtains around my bed could not stop it from falling into my face. Although it did fall in my eyes,it did not matter to me for my mind was lost in thoughts of the dream.

'what kind of nonsense was she spouting? Pillar of balance, it's a weight full word. Moreover, it's me? Dose it even make sense? There's a war rising, and she says it is related to me', knock…, 'What am I going to do now. Whether I want to or not? If I truly do have magic than',knock…,' if my magic is not awaken', knock…, 'the darkness will pull me towards my death' ,knock… ,'how can I survive' knock… 'the knock, someone get the door', someone was consistently banging on the door, interrupting my thoughts.

'it's so irritating. can't I have some peace in the morning', knock…
"YES!", I shout; Miya comes in and shuts her eyes to my irritation.

She came near, holding a bowl half filled with warm water, for me to freshen up. "You do know that attitude of yours irks me, right?" I fumed in annoyance.

"Yes, my lady," she said with no concern.

'haa..look at that, looks like she is letting her guard now.. still, that does not make me feel any better...' I let out a sigh.

"Madam, master said he would like to have breakfast with you in the dinette," she said as I washed my face." What would you like to wear?" her face blank as always.

"Hmm.. something comfortable and warm," I said detachedly.

The room was cold even with the fire on. So I chose to wear an overcoat set. It was an elegant one, inside was a white colour linen simple attire with a touch of highlighte of sliver design in the chest area, and the overcoat was in blue. It has a long u-shape cut in the chest area reveling the inner design, while the collar cover my nape, with sleeves in leg of mutton. With a side braid style, I'm all done for the day.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

At the dining room...

The table was filled with steaming warm food. For two people, that's too much of a waste. We started eating, but apart from the morning greetings, he did not say much.

'is he just going to keep eating like that..'

All I could hear was the cutlery making sounds as we ate. Clearing my throat, I spoke up first, "Ahem..um..so..ah..." he did not even bother to look at me. I tighten my grip on the spoons. 'Patience, hold on to your senses..'

"So I heard you will depart in five days for the subjugation", I asked, my voice laced with sweetness.

"Hmm," he replied.

"Are you done with the preparation?", I inquire further.

"Hmm", again he hummed.

"So what is it like?", holding into my patience I asked calmly.
No answer this time.
'This prick..'

Without further dilly-dally, I said, "Take me with you." his hand paused.

"I will pretend we never had this conversation," he said firmly.

"Haa.." put down my the cutlery "conversation? You called that a conversation between people?" I roar, "Here I'm trying to talk with you, and you are busy ignoring me," sarcasm dripping with each word I say.

Seeing me getting angry like that, he finally looked at me. "Look, as I told you before, all you have to do is act like we are a couple in public, or did you forget? Here, there are few servants, and mostly, they are my people. Don't worry, they will not belittle you but know how to draw the line, Arya." he got up and left me there  all alone.

I was dumbfounded at his behavior, 'what?!! why is he acting like that? Was that an act all along? Is this how things will be in the future?"

My mind floods with questions, leaving me rooted on the spot.
"No, I can't space out now. If I can't get to the forest using him, then I have to find other methods..."

I went to inspect the mansion, it is a luxurious resident. It had many outer-buildings too, they were beautiful building in medieval style. The extensive staircase, beautiful candle-case on the wall placed in a adjusting distance for one other, the carpet under my feet was warm and fleecy.many monster head hang on the wall for show as if it was a trophy, carrying the long history of the Dragun. It was so grand that I could not finish the tour in a day.

The whether here is unpredictable, usually it is clod but the sudden burst of wind is unbearable. The wind was gradually becoming stronger, so I had to  call it quit. But I did managed to get some information about this place.

I was resting in my room, lying backwards off the bed, when a middle-aged woman, maybe around in her forties. A bit of wrinkle on her face, wearing glasses with a kind smile, came to see me.

"Greetings, madam," she greeted me politely.

"Hello, and you are?" I asked.

"My name is Martha; I am the headmaid here. I'm late at giving my greetings; my apologies," she bowed.

"Rise your head, don't worry about that. I'm Arya; nice to meet you," I smiled broadly.

"I can now rest assured since you are here, madam. I used to manage these places alone side the butler, but now that you are here, I guess these places will shine more," she said with a smile.

One might get swayed by that voice, but there's a hidden meaning behind those. 'look at this sly woman. It's my first day here, and she is already trying to diss all that work on me..', a crafty smile flicker across my face.

'damn, can't even refute to that since I'm the duchess, or else they might suspect something..'

"There's no rush, Martha. I just got here, I don't know much, but with your help, I will learn to manage this place," I said, getting up. "Then I will be in your care," I said.

"Yes, with madam here, I can be assured", not backing down she replied.

'A tough opponent,I presume. It will be hard to slack off'; sigh.

I have to find Ivan. Did not he say: no paperwork? Where is he now? Martha looked like she would happily bury me with work.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The next day…

After finishing my morning business as I was about to go out, somehow I was capture by Martha. She handed me a mountain of documents with a beam plastered on her face. My eye twitch on her stubbornness,'she sure is persistent, IVAN, WHERE ARR YOU?', I cried in my heart. I thought she would leave after handing me all that but this woman was fixed on making me work to my bone. It took me hours to finished all that. "Madam, you truly are remarkable. Oh how I look forward to the future ahead!", saying that she left. Annoyed, gritting my teeth, I could not help but thought, 'she really knows how to rub salt on the wounds'.

After those long hours, I was finally able to go to the library. Since he won't take me with him, I must find a way to go there. The library will have all the information that I need.

As I step inside, I was surprised to see the librarian; it was none other than Sofia. When she saw me, she came running to me. "Greetings, madam. How are you, madam?"

I was astonished, "What are you doing here?" I asked instead of answering.

"Ahh...I a-asked the duke to gi-give me pe-permission to co-come here a-and he ac-accepted my r-request," she said a lovely smile mix with shyness visible on her lips.

"Why?" I asked. 'Who would be dumb enough to come here?'

" I. I was-..." she streamed, could
not hide her embarrassment, biting her lips she looked down.

"Alright, if you need anything, just tell the butler. He will arrange it." I took some steps forward and then returned to her. "By the way, could you help me find the map and book about the black forest?"

She beamed with happiness," I am mo-more than wi-willing to."

We discussed about the forest all day long. In progress, I got the information I needed, and even the ones which, duke's mansion (the mansion in the capital) did not have.

"Thanks for your time, Sofia; you have been a great help." Holding a paper in my hand, I said.

"Umm...ca-can you c-come to-tomo-rrow, lady?" she pause her lips as if what she asked for was wrong.

"I will", after all where can I get information about the forest if not here. But to my selfishness, hearing my reply, she smiled at me as she lit up.

'Are you that happy to hear that', i felt a little guilty about this.

______•°•°•______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

MissFortune By Rosiquen

Historical Fiction

3.6K 97 17
"Here's a little reminder, Wife. You are going to perish." Rosamund, the Daughter of the Duke, the Young Lady was fairest of all the nobles. Who kne...
275K 9.2K 78
ENGLISH An orphaned high school girl trying to live a normal life was caught up in a bullying issue which made her high school life difficult. One ti...
163K 3.6K 64
Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In the original she schemes over the female...
5.7M 305K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...