Mafia's Mate

By Chick_ennugget

Clio's life hasn't been easy and she'd like to keep her secrets to herself but even when she's trying to purs... More

Head Hunter
Betrayal
An unbelievable request
Matthew Merikh
Suspect
Wrong encounter
A bad start of the day
Suspicion
Party trouble
Chase
Avoiding trouble
Scoop trouble
The Detective's favor
His deductions
Her 'darling'
Release
Petty tasks
Office romance
What is happening?
Another job
Another Problem
Escape the club
Escape the men
Exhaustion
Sick
In sickness
Get well soon
Problems at hand
My heart is acting weird
City D
HeartBroken
Chance
Drop him back
Mine
Cheer up
Consolation Party
Saturday Meeting
His feelings?
Guest
Hide
Control
Suspect?
The door with a weird vibe
My little troublemaker
Unfortunate
Wake up
Sunday
Funeral
Video Leak
Hospital
Fight
Confront
Freak
Freak pt 2
Prime suspect
Volume 2- Trapped
Past
Bullies
Crime
Abnormal
Secrets
My secret
Misery
Run
They know
Doubt and guilt
Confession
Risk or trust
My father's ambitions
My identity
That day
Reassurance
Suspicion
Voice
Inspection
The odd questions
Tension
It seems I'm the only one who doesn't know
Dark revelations
Unnerve
Trap
Escape the killer
Caught
Case files
Case closed
Trouble begins
A kidnapping
Not human
Part of the Mafia
His home
New information
Help recover
What am I to you?
What I want
My feelings
Intimacy
The scars of his past
The scars of his past pt 2
Bastard
To the office
The one in trouble
The one in trouble pt 2
Free
Brutal Savior
Misfits of the moon pack
The Misfits in a peaceful place
Transform
Shift
His first
My name
My Missing Mother
Attack
Your biggest mistake
All of my fear
Finishing job
Healing
New beginnings
Azef

Reality

2.5K 104 19
By Chick_ennugget

>>Matthew

I sat in my place, my thoughts drifting towards Clio when the door opened again.

"I have one more question," Harou came back into the room and I rolled my eyes at him.

"What?"

He walked over to the desk, "You didn't leave the city last month, did you?"

"No," I replied, "I was here the whole month."

He nodded, "Well, that fact alone could expel you from suspicion of being the head hunter because that girl, Lily, was murdered in City D." He folded his arms, "But I wonder..." He kept his eyes on me, unsure what to say because nothing was making sense to him.

But I was not going to help him. He should suffer alone.

I shook my head at him when a zapping sense went through my body and I stood up with my eyes wide.

"What's wrong with you?" Harou stepped back in response to my action.

"I have to leave," I immediately knew something was wrong

"Hey!"

Something was happening to my mate and I had no time to waste.

I ran towards the door while Harou ran after me, "Where the hell are you going!" He asked.

"We're done!" I told him, "If you need anything more, call me later!" I went out of the office towards the employee's area only to see the office filled but with no sign of my mate.

I looked at Bizy, "Where did Clio go?'

He stood up, "He wasn't feeling well," He answered, "So he took a half leave and went home." He looked concerned, "Is something wrong?" He asked, "Should I not have given him the leave?"

My wolf howled in my mind, telling me to hurry up, "No," I shook my head, "It's fine," I gulped, "So he said he was going home?"

"Yes sir,"

I nodded and didn't waste any time as I ran out.

***

>>Clio

The deafening sound of gunshots echoed in the air.

They came out of nowhere and I had no idea what had happened. But then I felt something wet splatter off me and the sound of heavy thuds made me shoot my eyes open

Huh!?!

The two people standing over me were gone

What?

My heart was still drumming in my ears as I shot my head around and noticed both Dani and Kagan on the ground.

What the hell!?!? I breathed heavily as my hand reached for my cheek to feel what had gotten on me.

Why are they both suddenly on the ground? It took me a moment to process things. I felt something like a dense liquid on my cheek and I swiped it on my finger and looked at it.

Red?

It was red

And that was when I noticed both Dani and Kagan were bleeding.

My heart did a flip.

"OH! SHIT!"

They were bleeding! Oh! HELL! WHAT!?!?

"You're a little slow today," Another voice made its way towards me and I shot my head towards the door, "Didn't think I'd catch you in this state." My eyes went wide as I saw Zhou-Lin.

He had a gun in his hand, that he was pointing at the bullies for a moment, then he swiftly put it back in his pocket.

OH...

It finally made sense. I did hear gunshots...

He shot them both... I gulped. A surge of conflicting emotions overwhelmed me. Fear gripped my heart, not just for my own safety but for the sudden and shocking turn of events. 

Disbelief held me in its icy grip as I watched him.

Why is he here? What purpose does he have to come here? He doesn't even know me!

"I was going to do something else," Zhou-Lin casually walked in, his eyes on me while he completely disregarded the two people he shot, "But listening to them has made me change my mind."

He stopped in front of me, "I don't hate you anymore. Not after knowing what you have been through." He stared down at me, "Honestly, I wanted you gone,"

"What?" I was so baffled, his words made no sense to me,

"Your mere existence didn't sit well with me, but not now."

"What are you even saying?" I glared at him, my eyes doing their best not to let the tears fall as they began to sting.

He snickered, "So you were known as a freak," He seemed to find this funny, "How amusing." His words stung like those words always do.

He was clearly mocking me.

"So?" He crouched down next to me and I squirmed into the corner of the room, "As a freak," He smirked and I looked away, "Did you get bullied a lot?"

"..." I didn't answer him.

He grabbed my face roughly and made me look at him, "I asked a question."

I glanced at the bleeding bodies, "You can't tell?"

His smile got wider, "Of course it was," He let out a soft chuckle and took something out from his pocket, "So little freak, what are you? According to what I heard, you're not a man."

I don't know why I considered giving him an answer, but maybe after what happened, I just wanted to affirm to someone that I was not a freak. I was just a little different. And the reason I was living like this was forced upon me.

"I'm not a freak," I tried to fight my emotions, "I'm a girl," I replied

He scanned me from top to bottom, "You don't look like one considering your age."

His words stung, "I have a medical problem." I said and noticed him opening a long steel box, "My body didn't develop normally, I was a very late bloomer..."

"If you're a woman, then why dress up as a man?"

"That's a different story," I noticed he had taken a syringe out of the steel box, "What are you-?" I looked at him in horror.

"Don't worry about it," He said and didn't me any time to respond as he injected the syringe in my neck and pushed the liquid in

"OW!!!" I let out a cry because that was really painful, "What the hell!" I slapped his hand away but he didn't care. He had already done what he wanted to do, "What is wrong with you!!? Why are you even here?!??"

He smirked, "What do you think?"

I looked at him in confusion, "What?"

"You think no one caught you when you came to the parties looking like a female?"

!!!

My heart skipped a beat

He rummaged through his pocket and took out something very familiar, "You forgot this behind." And I felt my stomach churn when I looked at the silicon pad.

"Ah...." My eyes were wide

"But don't worry, I don't you I don't plan on hurting you anymore"

"Anymore?" I found myself getting dizzy.

"I just need to take you out of here."

"Why?"

"Because I'm sure Matthew must have gotten the alarm that you're in trouble."

"What?" My eyes started getting droopy, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's better if you don't know," He watched me with amusement, "I don't want you to know."

And then the next moment, everything went dark

***

>>Matthew

Clio's house is pretty far from the office but I did my best to get here as fast as I could and made my way to his apartment that was wide open.

The stench of blood made its way to my nose before I got a view inside and I panicked.

"Clio!!!" I yelled out his name as I went in, then stopped at the sight in front of me.

Two men were down on the ground, bleeding out while there was no sign of Clio there.

Not even his scent.

He was gone.

Volume 1 - End

If you guys think you know what's going on, you don't

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 1.2K 15
A wealthy business owner teams up with a bumbling investigator to uncover the reason his girlfriend died four years earlier. Will he get the answers...
788 297 11
Scarlet Cline is in the wrong place at the wrong time, leading up to a bloody red apple killing her. After being brought back to life by a mad Germa...
2M 71.8K 53
About the arranged marriage to a billionaire's "son".
6.9K 614 20
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 " 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢...