Ⓗunting Ⓨou (Hunter X Reader)

By sun_ve

Y/N is 21, and is a wild witch, specialized in Beast Keeping, plants, and Potions. Once she left Hexside, she... More

❀1❀
❀2❀
❀3❀
❀4❀
❀5❀
❀6❀
❀7❀
❀8❀
❀9❀
❀10❀
❀11❀
❀12❀
❀14❀
❀15❀
❀16❀
❀17❀
❀18❀
❀19❀
❀20❀
❀21❀
❀22❀
❀23❀
❀24❀
❀25❀
❀26❀
❀27❀
❀28❀
❀29❀
❀30❀
❀31❀
❀32❀
❀33❀
❀34❀
❀35❀
❀36❀
❀37❀
❀38❀
❀39❀
❀40❀
❀41❀
❀42❀
❀43❀
❀44❀
❀45❀
❀46❀
❀47❀
❀48❀
❀49❀
❀50❀
❀51❀
❀52❀
❀53❀
❀54❀
❀55❀
❀56❀
❀57❀
❀58❀
❀59❀
❀60❀
❀61❀
❀62❀
❀63❀
❀64❀
❀65❀
❀66❀
THANK YOU!

❀13❀

690 31 105
By sun_ve

"You know it would be faster if we just flew up there instead of taking the hiking route." Hunter says.

"Boo is in my bag, I don't have a way to fly up." You state.

"I have my staff." Hunter says.

"You want me to fly with you?" You ask.

"It'd be faster." He rolls his eyes.

You sigh and you ring out the water in your hair, before replying.

"It's fucking cold." You mumble.

"Do you wanna get on my staff or not?" He says readying up his staff.

"Okay, fine." You sigh.

He pulls his staff out and hops on it. You stare at him for a second, and he taps on the other end for you to sit on.

"What are you waiting for?" Hunter says.

"I hate riding with other people." You say, hopping onto the other end of his staff.

"It's like a 2 minute ride." He rolls his eyes.

You sigh, and wrap your arms around his stomach from behind. He begins slowly hovering and you both begin flying upward.

The wind against your cold wet self is really annoying, it just makes you colder. You hold onto Hunter tightly. His heart rate somewhat picks up.

"It was this way right?" Hunter asks.

You peer your head over his shoulder and look.

"Yep!" You say.

He turns that direction and begins flying down the pathway. He slows his pace to look for any traces of his notes and your bag that you both dropped.

"Right there." You point.

He flies downward and gently plops down against the grass. You both look both ways to double check if any of the fire bees are still lingering.

You unwrap your arms from him and hop down on the grass. That's when you see your bag and you run over and grab it, wrapping it around your body.

"Let's see if I have what'll fix that bee sting." You say going through your bag.

Hunter picks up his notes and lays down against a tree. He continues writing in them as you look for the supplement you need.

"Here it is." You smile and pull out a potion.

"And what potion is that?" He asks.

"It's a mix of healing, with some ice cubes in it, for a cooling effect." You say.

You pop the bottle open and make your way over to him. He's up against the tree so you sit down next to him, then he automatically turns his body the other way for you to get a good look at the sting.

"Are you okay?" You ask.

"It just burns." He replies.

"Okay, hold still." You mumble, readying the potion.

"Sorry if this stings." You say in advance.

You gently pour some of the potion against the sting, he squeezes his eyes shut, and allows you to pour it.

"There you go, it should heal up in a few moments." You say popping the cap back on.

"Thanks." He says softly.

You put the potion back in your bag and sit down next to him. You warm up your hands and hold them up to the back of his neck to continue healing them. You glance over at his notes.

"How's the notes going?" You ask, letting the healing magic flow f on your hands onto the sting.

"Fine, I'm finishing them up." He says, not seeming to mind your continuation of healing.

"Do you think it's better than the last?" You ask.

"Yeah... I think I'm starting to see the symbol." He says.

"Good, good." You nod.

You go silent for a moment continuing to heal him. You don't know why but you feel sort of self conscious. It's not like your healings even good, atleast that's what Rowan told you.

You stop healing him. He turns around to look at you.

"I'm sorry, this probably isn't helping is it?" You mumble.

"No, it does actually help." He says.

"You're sure?" You ask.

"Yeah, it's just a little slower than normal, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work." He says.

"It's just probably how healing magic is with you, there's specific magics that act different for the certain witch." He says.

"...thanks." You say softly.

We go silent for a bit.

"I wouldn't listen to that guy who told you that if I were you" He states.

Your eyes widen.

"Yeah, I heard him say that to you." He says, finishing jotting his notes.

"He was just being annoying. He does that sometimes." You sigh trying to brush it off.

"Uh huh..." Hunter rolls his eyes.

You don't say anything. You just lay against the tree and fold your arms. He glances to look at you.

"You can continue if you'd like." He says and then looks the other direction.

"Continue what?" You smirk.

His cheeks turn a slight red and he turns his head from you.

"Nothing." He says.

"Im kidding, I'll continue." You say and ready your hands to heal him again.

The energy begins flowing out of your hands and into his bee sting. He glances at you and then back at his notes he's finishing up.

You both stay silent, you healing him, and him writing. He seems to be almost finished.

"There's some glyph paper in my bag you can grab, if you'd like to test it out." You say continuing to finish up the healing process.

"Thanks." He says and goes through your bag.

He pulls out the paper and copies the glyph formation down. You watch him as he does. When he finished jotting it down he shows the glyph to you, for confirmation.

"Yeah it looks fine." You say, lowering your hands to your lap.

The healing seems to be all done, it's just a little scratch on his neck now.

"Give it a tap." You then say.

He placed the glyph on the ground and then he taps it gently.

Just like that a flame appears, right before our eyes. Just like that, he finally mastered the fire glyph. He looks over at you with his eyes slightly widened.

"Look! Your second glyph!" You grin.

"It sure took longer than usual." He says.

"Well, you still got it." You smile.

"Yeah, I guess I did" He nods.

The fire glyph continues to burn brightly. You both go quiet and stare at it. He stares at it calmly, watching it burn.

"See? This is why i don't want to be in a coven, I get to miss out on all this." You say.

Hunter blinks and looks at you.

"Watch this " You smile.

You flick your hand out, and add a little something to his fire glyph, the fire begins to form 2 little fire people, they dance together. Hunters eyes widen and he watches the fire people twirl around and dance in the little flames.

"How do you do that?" He asks.

"Once you're more familiar and use it frequently the more you can adjust it to your will, even for glyph magic." You say.

He blinks and continues to stare at the dancing flame people.

"Isn't it nice?" You grin.

Hunter stares at it for a moment, entranced in the beauty. He is fascinated, he does think it's nice. He smiles slightly.

"Its beautiful." He nods.

His heart stops for a moment, and then he frowns.

"But... that's what everyone thinks at first." He then says flatly.

"Until they see the horrors." Hunter mumbles.

You frown.

"Always have to bring down the mood." You sigh.

Hunter stays quiet. Hopefully one day he'll realize there's genuinely nothing wrong. Maybe teaching him will help him realize.

"What other glyphs are next?" He changes the subject.

"There's 2 other glyphs you can use, that'd be the light and plant glyphs." You say.

"How about the plant glyph? We could... do it tomorrow?" He asks.

You smile and open your mouth about to agree but that's when you remember something. Rowan.

You and Rowan's date is tomorrow.

You close your mouth and put your hands together.

"I can't tomorrow, I have a date I need to go to." You say.

"With that idiot guy you were with in the market?" Hunter asks.

You nod.

"I'm not sure if I like him or not." You say, your face cringes when you say that.

"He seems like an entitled idiot." Hunter scoffs

"I don't even like you and I wouldn't treat you like that." He rolls his eyes.

You glance at him and fold your arms.

"That sounded weird. Never mind." He mumbles.

You laugh and nudge his shoulder. His ears turn a little red and he glances at you.

"Call me tomorrow night, we'll figure something out." You say.

He stares at you for a long while and his face goes a little red.

"Yeah. Um. I will." He says.

"Sweet. Are we good to go then?" You say standing up.

"Seems like it." Hunter says.

"I'll see you in a few days then." You nod.

"See you." Hunter smiles gently.

You then fly off. Hunter watches you fly into the distance, as he watches you a part of him sinks. Today was really nice.

Hunter POV

I don't know why but my entire ride back to the palace I could not stop thinking about today. I've never experienced something like this.

Something actually fun.

I caught myself smiling a lot, and I had to shake it off. This girl, I don't know what her deal is but, I'm excited for our next meeting.

"Hey man, how've you been?"

I look over at him and smile. It's Steve, my favorite coworker.

"You don't have your mask on." He points out.

"Oh, yes, right." I say frantically and go through by things and pull it out.

"You look happy though. What's up?" He says.

"Oh, nothing! Just- uh... something." I stutter.

Steve looks at me confused. I worded that terribly.

"What?" He laughs.

"Just uh... an interesting mission." I nod my head.

"Are you free right now?" Steve asks.

I stand dead in my tracks and blink a few times. I nod my head

"Why?" I ask.

"I just haven't seen you in a bit, I wanna see how you're doing is all." Steve says lightheartedly.

"I've been good... things are interesting." I say.

"How so? Is it your mission?" He laughs.

"There's this... person..." I mumble.

Steve listens.

"I can't quite put my finger on it, but... she's been helping me, lately with these missions, because she's examining the same things in these areas." I say.

"She has a license to be examining the same things? Cause most places emperors coven scouts go to are reserved for them " Steve asks.

"No yeah, she does, it's a part of her job." I lie.

"Oh, okay." Steve nods.

"Well, what about her?" He asks.

"I don't know, she's interesting is all. Very.. headstrong." I say.

"You like her?" Steve asks.

"What? No no no. I'm just saying she's... definitely a character." I shake my hands.

"I had to work with her last week, as well." I say.

"Pfft, a character? What's that supposed to mean?" Steve laughs.

"She's just interesting, I don't think I've ever met someone like that." I say.

"Dude." Steve folds his arms.

I look over at him.

"You have a crush." Steve says.

"What's... that?" I ask.

"Geez man, how much does Belos teach you?" Steve laughs.

"Not much." I shrug.

"It means you find someone appealing, or attractive, or interesting." He explains.

"And you wanna get to know them more." Steve point out.

"I... I mean I find her interesting- but- uh.." I stutter.

"Dude, and if you brought her up and she's the reason you're smiling that's just further evidence." Steve points out.

"Well, we don't agree on certain things is the problem." I say.

"You can have a crush on someone and have different opinions." Steve shrugs.

"My ex girlfriend, and I for example, I loved spaghetti, and she hated spaghetti. She would never go to Italian restaurants with me." Steve says.

"Well... it's more political." Hunter says.

"She's sorta against the emperors coven." I say.

"What coven is she in?" Steve asks.

"Um.. beast keeping ." I lie.

"Makes sense, I feel like a lot of beast keeping users are like that." Steve says.

"My sister for example, she's in the beast keeping coven... I think? It was either that or potions. It's been a while since Ive seen her, but she used to love the emperors coven, when she was a teenager though she sort of began to hate it." Steve says.

"Mmhm." I nod sort of drifting off into my own thoughts.

"But yeah if it's stuff like that I dunno how to help you there." He says.

"It's... not like it's important." I shake it off.

"I'm going to head to my mission tonight, it's down near the toes of the Titan. Are you coming with? Or do you have a different mission." I ask.

"I'm doing something else for tonight." Steve says.

"You have fun though." He smiles.

I nod, and I begin heading off to my mission for the night.

However, the entire time I'm there, it seems like this Y/N is all I can think about. And it's really starting to get on my nerves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 5K 12
#Warning : Why not me?ရဲ့ Ending ကိုအဆင်ပြေပြီး သဘောကျတဲ့သူက ဒီ Alwaysလေးကို လုံးဝမဖတ်ပါနဲ့နော် ။ Always ရဲ့ endingက အကြိုက်နဲ့ကိုက်ညီနိုင်မှကိုက်ညီပ...
300K 6.5K 56
Being forced to live away from your parents was not fun. Y/N's parents were going through a tough time with each other and needed time to debate over...
1.2M 57K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...
102K 4K 35
In a town of werewolves, I must save my soul-mate from the destruction of himself. He placed me under his spell the moment he touched me, but he was...