Fate : A Twisted Story

By Author_Amira

Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned u... More

°•°• author °•°•
Chapter : 01
Chapter : 03
Chapter : 04
Chapter : 05
chapter : 06
Chapter : 07
Chapter : 08
Chapter : 09
Chapter : 10
Chapter : 11
Chapter : 12
Chapter : 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter : 16
Chapter : 17
Chapter : 18
Chapter : 19
Chapter : 20
Chapter : 21
Chapter : 22
Chapter : 23
Chapter : 24
Chapter : 25
Chapter : 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter : 28
Chapter : 29
Chapter : 30
Chapter : 31
announcement
Chapter : 32
Chapter : 33
Chapter : 34
Chapter : 35
Chapter : 36
Chapter : 37
Chapter : 38
Chapter : 39
Chapter : 40
Chapter : 41
Chapter : 42
Chapter : 43
Chapter : 44
Chapter : 45
Chapter : 46
Chapter : 47
Chapter : 48
Chapter : 49
Chapter : 50
announcement
Chapter : 51
Chapter : 52
Chapter : 53
Chapter : 54
Chapter : 55
Chapter : 56
Chapter : 57
Chapter : 58
Chapter : 59
Chapter : 60
Chapter : 61
Chapter : 62
Chapter : 63
Chapter : 64
Chapter : 65
Chapter : 66
Chapter : 67
Chapter : 68
Chapter : 69
Chapter : 70
Chapter : 71
Chapter : 72
Chapter : 73
Chapter : 74
Chapter : 75
Chapter : 76
Chapter : 77
Chapter : 78
Chapter : 79
Chapter : 80
Chapter : 81
Chapter : 82
Chapter : 83
Chapter : 84
Chapter : 85
Chapter : 86
Chapter : 87
Chapter : 88
Chapter : 89
Chapter : 90

chapter : 02

982 29 1
By Author_Amira

The concept of family is a complex one, encompassing both blessings and curses. It is a beautiful word, evoking feelings of warmth, togetherness, and acceptance. It brings with it the promise of rainbows after a storm, a burst of color that brightens our lives and makes everything seem possible. In those fortunate enough to experience it, family brings a sense of joy and belonging that is unparalleled.

But for others, the word "family" holds a different meaning entirely. It is a source of pain and rejection, a reminder of how they do not fit in or belong. These individuals live in a darker world, one filled with hurt and heartache that leaves scars that may never fully heal. Despite their best efforts, the love and acceptance that others take for granted are forever out of reach.

Family is a double-edged sword, a promise that can be kept or broken based on circumstances.

In the case of Evelyn, it's the latter one. As if it's the curse of fate, with a bitter luck full of misfortunes, she was born into a middle-class family. A family in which the value of a boy was much higher than the value of a girl. Her parents neglected her all her life. She tried her best to earn her parents' love, but all in vain. Growing up, all she saw was her parent's love only for her brothers. They never love her back. Mistreated and neglected, she was slowly becoming shallow with loneliness, and her heart darkened as time went on.

Whenever her brothers came home with their academic results or another achievement, they would shower them with praise, but never to her. They did not consider it; the same happened when she graduated from college. It's like even though they are one family, she lives in another world from them. She never felt the belonging in there that the people talk so about. Lair, they are all the same. If she tried to defy them, they would beat her. In her body, many bruised marks can be seen. Tried of all this, wanting to live, she left the house.

As time went by, Evelyn was able managed to secure a stable job at a fashion company, which brought her a decent salary and a small but comfortable apartment to live in. She finally felt like her life was heading in the right direction and started enjoying the simple pleasures of life. However, fate had something else in store for her, as her parents started bothering her again. They knew that she was making good money now, and they started demanding more and more from her.

At first, she thought that maybe this time things would be different, and they would appreciate her hard work. So, she gave in to their demands, but as the days went by, their requests became more and more unreasonable. It became increasingly difficult for her to balance her own life and keep up with her parents' demands. She felt like she was losing control of her life and that her efforts were not being appreciated. Eventually, she had to stop fulfilling her parents' demands and focus on her own needs, even though it meant disappointing her parents. Despite all her sacrifices, her parents failed to appreciate her, leaving her feeling unfulfilled and frustrated.

It was a peaceful day when an unexpected visitor broke into her house and demanded that she hand over all her money. She was caught off guard and couldn't comprehend what was happening. Confused and scared, she asked the stranger what was going on. The stranger explained that her parents had borrowed a large sum of money from them and had run away with it. They had left behind her address and contact number in case they couldn't pay the debts. She was shocked and devastated. She couldn't believe that her own parents could do such a thing to her. They may have never loved her, but they had never gone this far.

The amount was substantial, and she begged for some time to pay it back. Fortunately, they agreed to give her some time but took some valuable things from her as collateral. She worked day and night to pay off the debts, but it wasn't an easy task. It took months of hard work and perseverance to finally repay it. However, her parents' shameless nature made them return to her for more money. Fed up with their selfish and irresponsible behavior, she decided to cut all ties with them and move on with her life.

Throughout her lifetime, she never experienced the warmth and affection of parental love. The constant absence of this essential element in her life became a source of continuous mockery, making her feel foolish for wanting something that seemed so unattainable. As a result of this emotional deprivation, she gradually transformed into a cold and distant person, one who no longer yearned for love or affection but instead learned to rely on herself.

As she looked at Marquis's family, Evelyn was overwhelmed with a sense of familiarity. It was a bitter reminder of how unwanted she had always been, even in her own skin. She obediently bowed before them, but no one bothered to acknowledge her presence. The contemptuous glares and the cold hatred in their eyes were all too familiar to her. It was the same look she had seen from her own family, the same disapproving gaze that had followed her all her life. In that moment, her heart ached with the same pain that she had felt countless times before. She knew all too well the longing for love and acceptance from those who were supposed to love her unconditionally, only to be met with rejection and abandonment.

'How rude of them; it was their idea to invite me here. How can they treat their family like this? Despicable bastard.'

The marquis broke the silence, his voice cold and firm as he spoke. "I have an important announcement to make," he said, his eyes fixed on her. "In just one month, you will be wedded to the young Duke of Dragun." Her eyes widened in surprise and shock, but the marquis continued without any hint of emotion. "In the meantime, it is imperative that you learn proper etiquette and comportment befitting of your new station. You must not bring any disgrace to the name of Basilisk," he warned, his tone leaving no room for argument or negotiation.

From the right side, there came a sharp noise, like a tsk. A young man with striking red hair, reminiscent of the man in the photograph, appeared. His ocean-blue eyes were a near match to those of the marquis, making it clear that they were related to each other. It is evident that he is one of her brothers. He appeared to be a few years older than her, perhaps four.

The young man to the left expressed his doubts. "Is it even feasible to send this to the Dragun? What if she fails to comply with our requests? It would be a disgrace to our family. Wouldn't it do us more harm than good to bring this to light?" he asked, his brow furrowed. He had been addressing me as "it," which was rather impolite of him. He shared the same features as his brother, but his eyes were a deep shade of mauve, much like mine. He seemed more mature and handsome than his younger brother by a margin of two years or so.

As I stood in the room, listening to the conversation, it became clear that the decision had already been made. The meeting had ended, and even his majesty had given his approval. Despite any objections or protests, nothing could be done to change the outcome. The marquis gestured for the butler to take me away, and soon after, a maid arrived to escort me out of the room. As she approached me, I could see in her eyes that she had been instructed to keep a close eye on me. The marquis had given her strict orders. I had no choice but to follow her, feeling powerless and defeated.

'So, they wanted me to get married in a month and didn't even bother to ask my opinion'. As I was heading back home, my mind was filled with so many questions.

____________________

The clock struck midnight, and the maid finally departed, leaving me to my thoughts. Throughout the day, she watched me like a hawk, her gaze never wavering. Now, with her absence, I took the opportunity to reflect on our situation. 'Let us take a moment to sort out and organize everything, shall we?'

As I find myself lost in the pages of this novel, I can't help but feel trapped in a twisted and dark world. To make things worse, I am the story's antagonist - the villain that everyone despises. It's not like I had a choice in the matter, but it sure doesn't make things any easier. The only glimmer of hope I have is the possibility of marriage. Maybe, just maybe, it could be my way out of this nightmare. After all, how the other characters in this book treat me is nothing short of cruel and unfair.

In the novel "Bride Of Dragun," the antagonist is forcefully married to the protagonist, leaving her with no other option but to fall in love with him at first sight. Being deprived of love and affection from her own family, she hoped to have a blissful married life with her husband. However, being the Villainess in the story, fate had other plans for her. Just after six months of their marriage, the female protagonist, Natasha, was called upon. As with most novels, she initially showed no interest in the male lead, which was a first for him. Throughout his life, everyone he met had always been interested in his family's status, which disgusted him. The same could be said for Arya, but unlike others, she desired his love, not his wealth. Unfortunately, due to her family's reputation, he misunderstood her intentions.

In storytelling, it is common for the protagonist to be favored by luck. And so it was for our hero. Along the journey, they encountered numerous obstacles and challenges, but luck always seemed to be on their side. As time passed, the protagonist met someone who would change their life forever. Through many conversations and shared experiences, they got to know each other more deeply. Slowly but surely, they began feeling strongly attracted to one another. Eventually, love bloomed between them, filling their hearts with joy and happiness.
On the other hand, Arya found herself consumed by the feeling of betrayal as the love she yearned for was given to another. The pain of rejection weighed heavily on her heart, and as sadness enveloped her, rage began to take over. With a deep sense of envy towards the female lead who had captured the love that she so desperately craved, Arya felt as if the only way to alleviate her own suffering was to take matters into her own hands. Driven by her emotions, she resorted to violence and ultimately decided to stab the object of her jealousy. Devastated by losing his love, he cut down her neck with his long sword. Her head rolled on the ground, soaked in her blood, and her body fell onto the cold floor. That's how the first part ended.

Thinking of that, my hand reached my neck; it sent a shiver down my spine. I gulped my saliva. Maybe it's best not to get married, but then how will I escape from here? Given my circumstances, this is the only option I have. Alright, let's get married. Then, enjoy my life to the fullest, and when the protagonist arrives, give him to her. I should not be the thorns in between them. Let them live happily ever after, and I'll live like I want. When we divorce, I'll demand a small amount of money and live in the countryside with that—a simple yet cozy lifestyle. Yup, let's do it—the good old classic escape plan.

--------------------------

After the Marquis's order, my daily torture started. They would wake me up at dawn and begin with the lessons. From walking to sitting, table manners, speaking, and laughing. In short, a hellish torture. On top of all this, they won't even give me enough food to fill my stomach.
Like this, a month went by.

It was the day that had been promised, and nobles from all over the empire had gathered for the occasion. The wedding was so grand that even the royals were left in awe. I sat in the bridal suite, waiting for the call to come. Some maids entered the room carrying a large mirror, and when I looked at my reflection, I was amazed by what I saw.

My eyes widen at my reflection; this is supposed to be me. The author did describe her as one kind of beauty, but this was much more than that. "Hair red like fire was tied in braided down the side, her mauve eyes sparkle like a jewel, lips red as rose yet so glossy, her curves in perfect shape typically around the hips, waist, and bust. An alluring beauty like a red spider-lily, beauty with danger."

'Wait, did he really leave her for someone else? She's drop-dead gorgeous! I mean, what was he thinking? Haha, oh well, I guess he's the one missing out.'

As she admired the beauty before her eyes, a knock was heard on the door. The butler came to get her all the way to the wedding hall; she was wondering what to do after the wedding. Her mind was a total mass. She stands before the tall white door. Somehow, she was super nervous. Well, it is considerable since it's her wedding. Her hand was shaking from all the tension. 'Act as planned' - she kept repeating that in her mind. The guard announced her arrival, and the butler released her hand. The grip on the nosegay tightens. With a deep sigh, the bride entered the hall room. Here goes nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 613 15
"If I were to disappear, who would search for me?" When TJ wakes up as a villainess in a novel she can't accept it. Especially after realizing that...
20.2K 518 30
• What if you got into a book and woke up as a character in that book? • Well... this is the story of a girl who has a depressing life getting a sec...
163K 3.6K 64
Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In the original she schemes over the female...
24.1K 756 36
I was the daughter of Duke Solon, I thought I was the last child. My elder brother is following in my father's stead. We were never really close. We...