Sky Sorceress: Savior of Exah...

By MeldingUmbra

This is a remake of Sky Maiden Savior of Exahelm Art cover by Stestylius A whole new country, far above the c... More

Prologue: The Light Dims
Chapter 1: The Sky Sorceress
Chapter 2: I can see it! Hahlos attacks!
Chapter 3: Country in the Sky
Chapter 4: Onward to Exahelm!
Chapter 5: Izanagi
Chapter 6: Separation! Already in Danger!
Chapter 7: The Tenhei
Chapter 8: Exploring Exahelm
Chapter 9: The Weight She Carries
Chapter 10: Realization
Chapter 11: Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 12: Somber Sky
Chapter 13: Day of the Festival!
Chapter 14: The Rescue Plan
Chapter 15: Adapt or Struggle
Chapter 16: Desperate Plan of Action
Chapter 17: Argus VS Gajeel
Chapter 18: To Repay the Debt! Juvia VS Torian
Chapter 19: Arya VS Twin Dragon Slayers
Chapter 20: Empty Halls of Exahelm Castle
Chapter 21: Ice Cold Anger! Stark VS Gray
Chapter 23: While We Wave Our Marks
Chapter 24: Two Hours
Chapter 25: True Loyalty! Hahlos VS Erza and Jellal
Chapter 26: The Determination of Two Girls
Chapter 27: Hahlos' Past! The World Below
Chapter 28: The Birth of Exahelm's Guardian
Chapter 29: Bearing the Pain
Chapter 30: The Sky God's Return
Chapter 31: To Save or To Destroy
Chapter 32: Stand Against Peace
Chapter 33: Strike the Heavens
Chapter 34: A Free World
Chapter 35: Izanagi VS Team Natsu

Chapter 22: Exahelm's Ugliness! Sync VS Lucy

2 0 0
By MeldingUmbra

~~~Flashback~~~

"You sent her out on her own?!" Hahlos gawked, slamming both his palms on the table. As the sun settled, Hahlos awaited Stark's return in the meeting room while the rest of the Tenhei went back to their rooms. However, the slender angel returned with Sync alongside him.

Stark adjusted his glasses, revealing his stern eyes. "Calm yourself, you'll wake the master." He chides. "We still have our eye on her, you know?" Stark gestures his arm at Sync, who was holding a white orb that projected Wendy on the screen.

"You knew about this, Sync?" Hahlos questioned. The green haired angel glared back at Stark. "Why did you keep this information from me...?"

Stark glared right back at Hahlos before approaching him. "Because if you knew beforehand, I couldn't trust you to go along with it." He stopped a couple feet in front of Hahlos and pointed at him. "Don't think all of us don't know that you have been building some connection from that land-walker! That's why you didn't even inform her that she'll be used as a vessel for Izanagi's revival!"

Sync whimpered, feeling extreme stress from the tense scene between the two.

Hahlos flinched in response and looked away, clenching both fists. "...Even still, don't you think revealing that information nonchalantly was the right move?!"

"That girl fully understands what is at stake here. So what if she knows she'll pass from this?" Stark shrugs. "If you told her of her fate when it was too late, then she would hesitate. She'll refuse and not before long, we'll lose our god. Is that truly what you want?"

Hahlos clenched his teeth hard and looked down. He wasn't sure how to respond.

Stark sighed and got closer to the tall angel. He stopped directly next to him and spoke quietly. "I should've known that you still held those feelings of understanding humans. You haven't changed at all."

"Tch!" Hahlos scoffed, spreading both his wings. "I have changed! That's why I brought her here! This country *will* be saved!" He declared before quickly taking off outside the room, leaving a harsh gust of wind behind.

Sync stumbled over as Hahlos rushed by her and fell on her bottom. She briefly looked outside the room and let out another whimper.

Stark slowly turned his head towards the door and scoffed. "Dumbass, your softness will only get you so far."

Sync slowly looked back down at her orb that watched over Wendy. She witnessed one of her friends approach her and clench both her shoulders. She couldn't make out what the pink haired male was saying since the orb was hiding. Sync's eyes widened as she saw Wendy suddenly attack her own friend as he was sent flying. The very same friend the bluenette was so excited to see again.

Sync covered her mouth and held back her tears. "Wh...What have we done...?"

~~~Flashback End~~~

Lucy and Virgo kept on guard while Sync stood casually with her arms behind her back. The scythe wielding girl tilted her body side to side, staring at the two.

"I know she's just a kid...but I can't hold back..." Lucy thought and gulped.

"So those two are not here then?" Sync wondered, placing one finger on her chin curiously.

"Y-yeah! That's what I just said!" Lucy responded bluntly.

Sync proceeds to open her small wings and fly away towards the hole on the glass ceiling. "Well you two have fun with whatever you're doing!"

"Wha-Hey! Get back here!" Lucy flabbergasted. Grumbling to herself, she lowered her arm towards her side and grabbed her usual whip named Fleuve d'étoiles. "Turning your back on the enemy...big mistake girl!" She quipped.

The blonde threw her arm as the whip extended far and wrapped around Sync's right ankle. The young angel flinched and glanced back towards her leg and saw that her ankle was caught. She puffed her cheeks at the blonde and proceeded to try and pull her leg back.

Lucy felt her palms slip slightly on the whip handle and gripped it with both hands tightly. The more Sync pulled, Lucy began to slide forward. "W-w-w-hey! What's with this girl's strength?!" Baffled Lucy as she almost trips.

"Princess, allow me to assist." Virgo requested as she came behind Lucy and grabbed her waist. As the maid began to pull, Sync was now being pulled further away from the opening in the ceiling.

After many attempts of yanking her leg with no result, the girl was losing her patience. "Grr! Fine! You jerks!" Sync growled, grabbing her scythe strapped on her back and immediately flew downward towards the two.

Sync's sudden movement shift caused the two to lose their grip and fall on the ground. Lucy rubbed her bottom and looked away for a brief moment. Once her eyes went back to where Sync was at, the girl was only a couple feet away from her with glowing red eyes. The angel prepared to swing her scythe downward.

Lucy shrieked and quickly scooted back towards the room's closed entrance and nearly avoided Sync's attack. Her scythe cut clean through the ground before she pulled it right out without breaking a sweat. Lucy let out a sigh of relief and stood back up. "Phew...that was close..." The blonde relieved.

Sync twirled her scythe and held it behind her back, the blade pointing downward. "Now that I got a good look at you...you were one of those weirdos who got a ticket from Balrus yesterday!" She recalled.

"Who are you calling a weirdo?!" Lucy gawked.

The pigtailed girl spun her scythe upward and clenched it with both hands, she got on guard and prepared to attack.

Lucy wasted no time and quickly pulled out her Golden Maiden key. "Virgo! Let's go!" She urged as her outfit shined and formed into a maid outfit. "Star Dress: Virgo!"

Sync was caught off guard as her eyes darted between Lucy and Virgo. "Huh?! You have matching outfits now?!"

Virgo raised both her arms. "I'll follow your lead, princess." The maid declared as she and Lucy sank beneath the ground.

The small angel went back on guard and looked below her feet, awaiting when the two came out of the ground. She saw the ground crack a couple feet in front of her as Lucy emerged with Virgo emerging behind Sync. Both of them raised their arms in the air as their hands began to glow yellow.

"Spica! Hole!" The two shout, swinging their arms downward and slamming their palms on the ground. A large hole cracked below Sync's feet, causing the girl to fall right inside it.

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhh..." Sync let out an oddly faux cry as she fell deeper and deeper. Lucy and Virgo looked down at the hole. Not shortly after, Sync flew right back up with her arms crossed. "You know that I can fly...right?" She tilted her head.

Lucy froze comically in place and had a blank expression, feeling incredibly embarrassed.

"Princess, it appears that my abilities for this opponent are completely useless." Virgo admitted with a straight face. She bowed at Lucy. "My apologies, but I cannot assist you in this battle." She apologized before vanishing.

"V-VIRGO?! WAIT!" Lucy shrieked.

"Ooohh? The weird pink haired lady vanished?" Sync wondered.

Lucy shot her head back at Sync and scuttled several steps back. She shuffled through her keys, darting her eyes at her opponent. "Well... if she's going to fly..." Lucy mumbled before pulling out another golden key in the shape of an arrow. "Open, Gate of the Archer! Sagittarius!" She summons another spirit as her outfit changes once more to match her spirit's.

A man in a horse outfit appears while saluting. "Toodly hoo! You called, miss Lucy?" Sagittarius greets.

Sync's head tilted even further as her expression was full of confusion. "...You land-walkers have some weird hobbies."

"He's a celestial spirit!" Lucy exclaimed before aiming her bow right at the angel. "S-Sagittarius! On m-my mark!" She stuttered.

The archer spirit aimed his bow as well. "As you command sir Lucy!"

The two began to fire dozens of arrows at the angel. Sync flew upward, avoiding the direct attack. But more began to intercept her path which caused the girl to twirl her scythe and bounce the arrows away from her and strike the ground.

"Inconceivable! My arrows were intercepted so easily?!" Sagittarius exclaimed.

Sync proceeded to wind her body back and rocket towards the spirit. She thrusted her foot directly at his chest and sent him flying. Sagittarius went right through the window and vanished immediately.

"Sagitta-GUH!" Lucy panicked but was suddenly stuck in the gut by the handle of Sync's scythe. The blonde stumbled back a couple steps and before she could react, was swiftly kicked in the side. She fell on the ground and coughed slightly.

Sync landed on the ground, bobbling in place. "Hey hey! Who are you gonna send out next? I wanna see more!" She bubbled.

Clenching on her stomach, Lucy slowly looked up at Sync. "Does she think this is a game?" She thought. "But what's with her movements? It's like she's used to combat..." She bit her lip and grabbed another golden key, already knowing the perfect one for this opponent. "Capricorn!"

A tall spirit appeared who looked like a goat man wearing sunglasses and a black suit. He had his palm on his chest.

"He's got hair all over! You got some interesting looking friends, miss!" Sync waved her arm in excitement.

"Lucy, get some rest. As a sworn protector of the Heartfilia family, I'll protect you no matter what." Capricorn insists, briefly looking at her and smiling gently.

Lucy smiles back before pointing at Sync. "Please!" She urged her spirit companion.

"At once." Capricorn responds as he dashes right at the angel. He raised one palm and thrusted it towards Sync's chest. The angel tilted her body in place and avoided the strike, but the goat spirit began to throw more with both his palms.

Realizing that this opponent was about to land a hit, she prepares to parry with her scythe. But Capricorn manages to throw an upward kick, knocking the weapon out of her hands. Sync gasps and before she knows it, she gets hit with a palm strike from Capricorn. The angel lands on the ground on her back while her scythe lands behind the spirit at the same time.

Capricorn looks down at the angel and places a palm on his chest. Lucy pumped her fist, as well as giving a triumphant smirk. While celebrating her counter attack, Lucy noticed the scythe in front of her begin to shake.

Sync was stone silent after being knocked down. She took a deep breath and clenched her chest in pain. The angel squirmed in place, feeling the attack she received from Capricorn.

"Th-th-that...hurt!!" Sync exclaimed. Capricorn then noticed the girl glowing purple as she began to stand back up. The spirit immediately got on guard.

Lucy looked back at Sync and at the scythe. Realizing what was going on, she screamed at the goat spirit. "CAPRICORN, WATCH OUT!"

"You...hairy jerk!" Sync shouted, eyes turning black for a brief moment as she extended her arm out. The scythe launched right back towards her, as it sliced right through Capricorn with ease.

Capricorn coughed out as his wounds glowed in a yellow aura. He looked back at Lucy as her face had distraught written all over. "L-Lucy...forgive...me..." He vanished shortly after back to the spirit world.

Sync clenched her scythe tightly with one hand and placed her other hand on her chest, taking deep breaths. Soon enough, the purple aura she was channeling ceased to be as her eyes returned to normal. The pigtailed angel looked around the room with a confused expression. "Huh? Where did that hairy guy go?"

Lucy dragged her fingers through the ground and clenched them into fists. She shot herself back up and glared directly at Sync. "How...dare you do that!" She fumed, whipping out another golden key. She pointed it at herself but the moment she channeled her magic again, she felt her chest burn furiously as her vision began to get blurry. The blonde coughs several times and collapses on her knees, before sliding on her legs and laying stomach first on the ground.

Sync tilted her head before walking towards Lucy. She places her arms behind her back and slightly bends down to look down at her. "Oh? So are you done now?" She asked.

Despite the burning chest pain and complete exhaustion. Lucy forces her body to move, swinging her left arm up to try and get the angel away from her. Sync quickly backed away before getting smacked, seeing her opponent slowly stand back up. Lucy's body was shaking to the point where one touch would knock her over.

"I'm not giving up! I refuse to let my friends down!" Lucy declared, clenching both her fists.

Sync stared at Lucy for a moment before getting back on guard, pointing her scythe right at the blonde. The two stood tall as they glared right at each other, preparing to continue the battle.

However, it was suddenly interrupted as the two heard buzzing noises coming from above. The two looked up and saw a white orb with bug-like wings flying towards Sync. The angel leaned her scythe on her shoulder and opened both her arms to the orb, allowing it to fly towards her. Once the orb landed right in Sync's arms, she stared right at it. Lucy couldn't see what was going on, but the object the angel was holding appeared to be projecting something.

As confusion arises by Lucy from the abrupt stop of their battle, it only extends as she notices that the same opponent suddenly twists her usual cheery expression to outright distraught and fear. She clenches the orb tightly.

"Balrus...Argus...Tori...Arya...even Starky...?" Sync muttered, eyes widening. "They were all b-beaten...?" The display showed all the other Tenhei currently unconscious and defeated. Her scythe slid off her shoulder.

Lucy was able to make out what Sync was looking at and saying. "Wait...those were the other Tenhei guys right...?" She thought out loud. She began to feel relief and proudness hearing that her friends were able to defeat the other members.

Sync looked down, her hair blocking her eyes from Lucy's view. "N-no...that would m-mean..." The angel stuttered, voice beginning to get dry. "It's just me left..."

Lucy took notice of the angel's change in tone. Sync slumped on her knees and released her orb as it vanished immediately. The celestial wizard saw her shaking. Lucy lowered her brow, feeling upset for the angel.

"Hey..." Lucy slowly approached the girl. "Are you okay?"

Sync couldn't hear Lucy's words, only ringing in her ears. She clenched her head and covered her ears. "I'm alone...w-we're going to lose..." She panicked, her breathing getting faster. "W-w-where's big bro...?"

Lucy got slightly closer, slightly bending down. "It's okay...we can stop if you want. I swear I won't hurt you." She assured her.

Sync clenched her chest next, still unable to hear Lucy. Let alone notice her getting closer. Her breath was getting raspy, like it was harder to breathe. "N-no...I c-can't..."

"You are a part of us Sync, never forget that."

Lucy widened her eyes, noticing the angel beginning to glow in a purple aura. She recalled Carla's words from before and began to quickly step back.

"No no no no no!" Sync panted. "NOOOOOOOOO!" She shrieked, her eyes turning pitch black and releasing a ton of magic energy.

Lucy covered her body with her arms as the magic power began to push her back. The impact caused the entire glass surrounding the room to shatter immediately. Lucy shrieked at the loud noise and looked back at Sync.

Sync kept grabbing the ground, trying to find her scythe. Tears were streaming from her face as her pitch black eyes were filled with despair. "I can't...not again...!" She frets. The angel manages to grab her scythe and clench it tightly. She stands up while wobbling, feeling very dizzy. There was a bright purple glow at her chest.

Lucy managed to get a good look at Sync and the power she was releasing. The blonde widened her eyes and came to a realization. "No way...this magic!"

"I CAN'T LET DOWN THE OTHERS AGAIN!" Sync screamed, swiping her scythe towards Lucy's direction as a large purple wave hurled right at her.

"Huh?!" Lucy exclaims, her vision getting bright.

~~~Flashback~~~

Evening was very young in the country in the sky as the sun began to set. However it was anything but normal on this very day. Hahlos was currently flying towards a large gathering in town. Once he spotted the area he was pointed to, he witnessed the crowd keeping their distance with several bodies of soldiers lying in front of them. Hahlos appeared slightly younger with slightly shorter hair.

The green haired angel landed gracefully between the crowd and soldiers and folded his wings. The crowd quickly became calm at the mere sight of the Tenhei leader. Hahlos looked down at the fallen soldiers and the first thing he noticed was that they had no wounds. They all appeared to be completely drained from energy as their wings were gone.

"Master Hahlos! You've arrived!" A soldier cheered as he came flying towards him.

Hahlos turned his attention to the soldier. "I was informed of a distress call, can you give me the details?" He requested.

"Of course sir!" The soldier saluted. "Earlier, there was a civilian here caught using magic! When she was approached, she suddenly summoned ghosts and completely wiped out our squad in an instant!"

"Ghosts?" Hahlos raised an eyebrow. "Are you positive?"

"That's the only conclusion we could deduce, sir!" The soldier confirmed. "The mere moment those ghosts touched their bodies, they were knocked out and drained of all magic!"

Hahlos squinted his eyebrows and glanced back at the soldiers. He took a deep breath and turned his back towards the soldier. "Do you know what this person looks like? And where was she last spotted?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tucked away in a deep part of a closed off alleyway laid a small girl curled up in a ball and shaking in place. Her yellow hair was long and messy that didn't compliment her raggy clothing. She clenched a white orb tightly like a teddy bear.

The shouting and words she heard earlier didn't leave her mind as they kept repeating in her head. Words like "monster" and "ghosts." Her chest burned, revealing a purple glow. She was hiding for several minutes, hoping the armored angels would give up in chasing her. She slowly looked up and saw that the coast was clear. Her fears began to go away.

However, those fears would quickly shoot right back up. The girl began to hear the clanking of metal boots echoing through the thin alleyways. The noise got louder and louder, and not before long, a large figure emerged from the corner.

She couldn't fully make out who this figure was. But he had large white wings and lucious teal hair. His purple eyes met with her red eyes, causing the girl to scoot back towards the wall behind her.

"...So I take it you're the one who summons ghosts?" Hahlos questioned, turning his body and facing the small girl.

The girl's only response was a whimper. Her panic intensified as the tall man began to slowly approach her. She was unable to read his expression as the alleyway shadows blocked it from view. As he gained closer, her chest began to glow purple which caused him to stop in his tracks. His eyes flashed blue.

"G-go away!" The girl shrieked, unleashing a small shadowy spirit from her palm. The bright light of the purple glow revealed her full figure.

Hahlos stood still and didn't even flinch. The ghastly spirit proceeded to fly right through him. The girl slowly lowered her arm to see if he fell unconscious. But to her surprise, he remained standing.

"...That yellow hair and red eyes..." Hahlos began to speak. "And that purple glow. Are you perhaps..."

The girl hugged the wall behind her, unsure what to do next. She let out more panic induced whimpers seeing the man approach her. She shut her eyes tightly, preparing for the worst. However, she sensed no hostility from this man. Peeking back at him, she saw him lower his hand at her.

"You cannot control this power you bear. Therefore I cannot arrest you." Hahlos assured. "Come with me, we will find a way to rid this burden of yours together."

The girl wasn't sure if this man was fully trustworthy. But this was the first time someone was this calming towards her. With no other options, she took the gamble and slowly grabbed his hand.

The tall angel smiled softly. "My name is Hahlos, may I ask your name?"

"...It's Sync, mister."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the whole incident was taken care of, Hahlos took Sync back to the castle in order to check on her powers. Night began to set when he entered alongside her. Sync had never been in a building this large before, so her eyes lit up seeing everything around her.

As the two traversed through the hallways, many soldiers stared at them. It wasn't unnatural for Hahlos to be around the hallways, but to not only see a small child but to be guided by Hahlos too was unheard of. While Sync marveled at the castle interior, she could easily feel the unnatural atmosphere around the area.

They made their stop by the castle library. Sync wondered why Hahlos took her here of all places. But once the two entered, they saw a young woman with long gray hair. She turned her gaze towards Hahlos and Sync. The girl took note of the woman's monocle on her right eye.

Hahlos crossed his arms and smirked. "As I predicted. You were here after all, Arya."

"I see you've started to memorize my schedules too." Arya sighed, placing a book back on the shelf. "You know that's creepy, right?"

Hahlos gestured towards Sync's direction, but then realized that she was hiding behind him. Arya glanced at the small child hiding behind him and went back to Hahlos. She squinted her eyes at him.

"You know we can't have civilians here." Arya remarked.

"I'm well aware of that." Hahlos replies. "But I would like you to use your Intellect on her. There's something I need to confirm."

Arya approaches the two, which causes Sync to huddle closer to the taller angel. "You mentioned going out for a distress call earlier, was this one the cause of it?" She asked, pointing down at the girl.

Hahlos nods. "Indeed. But there's something about her I need to know, which is why I request your aid, Arya."

"Very well." Arya conceded. She bent down on her knees and lowered her arm towards Sync. "May I shake your hand, young miss?"

Sync was reluctant at first. Being suddenly thrown into this new environment with unfamiliar faces caused her to be tense. But being around the comforting presence of Hahlos was the only thing keeping her calm. She slowly placed her small hand on Arya's palm and felt a jolt in her body.

Arya flinches after obtaining the information. But before she could say anything, the three in the room overheard a loud snore from the corner of their ear. The noise came from a small round table by a large window. A man laid on the chair while resting his head back. His face was covered by a book. Despite this person's lazy demeanor, his presence caused Sync to be intimidated.

He let out a couple snorts and flinched in place. "I'm a-awake." He spoke groggily, leaning his head to the side as the book fell off his face. His eyes were a bright yellow with halo ring tattoos surrounding them both. His hair was a long luscious pink, although it was rather messy.

"M-master Izanagi..." Hahlos was caught off guard. "I...didn't expect to see you here." Despite him memorizing his companions' schedules, he was still unable to predict where his master would be.

Izanagi, the god of this land, let out a loud yawn before standing up. His height was average with his body wrapped in a white robe tied with a blue belt that bore a halo symbol. His long wings were a brilliant silver. He scratched his lower back and glanced at Hahlos. Sync immediately hid behind Hahlos once more.

"Did you already take care of that distress call?" Izanagi wondered, glancing over at the clock to see how long he was out.

"Just about." Hahlos coughed. "Things have calmed down in town and the civilians and soldiers have recovered."

Izanagi scratched his forehead with one finger. "I see, well good work as always Hahlos. Keep fulfilling your duty to maintain the peace we desire." He acknowledged.

"If I may." Arya spoke up. "I've figured out the issue with this girl you've brought."

Izanagi snapped his head towards Hahlos once more and noticed a small child hiding right behind him. He creaked up at Hahlos, giving the tall angel a look of questioning.

Sync took note of the god's look of disapproval and let out a small whimper. Her throat felt so dry that she was unable to speak.

Hahlos slightly bowed towards the god. "My deepest apologies, master. But this girl...you see...we believe she's-"

"She has a Lacrima lodged inside her chest." Arya revealed, adjusting her monocle. "She's a victim of the Lacrima smuggling."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 757 20
After Natsu is struck by a mysterious spell on a mission something strange happens...he turns into a dragon. But not your normal dragon a baby one. O...
70 9 7
You go into a cave looking for your cat but this cave doesn't seem to have a end but after sometime you do reach it but when you come back out your i...
956 29 23
After an attack on the guild everyone finds out that there's a new enemy who want Lucy, but not just Lucy, her and every other remaining celestial wi...
62K 1.7K 45
Revenge! Death! Betrayal! That's all Y/n L/n could think before she was caught by Fairy Tail. Now being part of the guild along with her best f...