Fracturization (Honkai Impact...

By Corrupted839

A boy saved by the First Herrscher made it his mission to follow in his savior's footsteps and fight against... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Welcome to St. Freya Academy
Chapter 2: A Friendly Spar?
Chapter 3: Normal School Days
Chapter 4: Necessary Preparations
Chapter 5: The Valkyrie Trials Pt.1
Chapter 6: The Valkyrie Trials Pt.2
Chapter 7: A History Lesson
Chapter 8: The Holy Maid
EX Chapter I | Something to Protect
Chapter 9: Mysteries of the Stigmata
Chapter 10: The Dive
Chapter 11: The Blade's Curse
Chapter 12: Chiyou Awakened
Chapter 13: The Eternal Prison
EX Chapter II | Meet the Class Monitor
Chapter 14: Academy Infiltration
Chapter 15: Clash of the Herrschers
Chapter 16: The White Comet
Chapter 17: Dark Currents
Chapter 18: The Informant
Chapter 19: Imminent Crisis
Chapter 20: Reawakening
Chapter 21: Just Another Day
Chapter 22: Trouble in Soukai City
Chapter 23: Distant Voices
Chapter 24: Oceania Assignment
Chapter 25: Poem of the Wind
EX Chapter III | A Day to Heal
Chapter 26: The Smile of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Echoes of the Past
Chapter 28: Flames of Rebellion
Chapter 29: Will of the Herrscher
Chapter 31: The Void's Trail
Chapter 32: The Eye of The Serpent
Chapter 33: Unraveling Shadows
EX Chapter IV | Our Next Step
Chapter 34: Arc Nocturne
Chapter 35: Drifter
Chapter 36: Starfall
Chapter 37: Nightfall

Chapter 30: Journey for Tomorrow

2.8K 113 73
By Corrupted839

???: Mei-senpai...

A familiar voice spoke out, and Mei finally saw that she was being held by none other than Kiana Kaslana, the very girl they sought to rescue.

Mei: Kiana-chan?

She muttered the girl's name in a mix of relief and confusion.

Mei: Kiana-chan, are you okay?

Kiana: I'm good... I've never been better...

The white-haired girl utters with a smile as her azure blue irises start to shift to a glowing orange colour, causing confusion to set in for Mei.

Kiana?: I felt as though I'd been given a second life!

Kiana's voice changes as if another voice is overlapping with hers as long levitating spears materialize behind her on one side, and on the other, translucent orange wings appear, and her battlesuit changes to a black and white dress.

Mei: Kiana-chan...?

Kiana?: I'm so happy to see you beside me when I woke up. Now, it's time for us to become one once again, my other half...

Kiana raised her arm and reached her hand towards Mei's chest.

But suddenly, Mei's body started to spark with purple electricity, causing Kiana to release Mei and drop her to the ground, the girl landing on the Hyperion's top deck.

???: We're too late!

A familiar voice rang out in Mei's head, she recognized the voice to be her own, yet different, in other words, the voice of the 3rd Herrscher.

3rd Herrscher: She's been taken over by the Honkai! She's extremely dangerous

Mei: Extremely dangerous...

Mei repeated as she got up to her feet, her eyes locked on to Kiana. But other than bearing the same body, it is clear that the girl in front of her is no longer Kiana Kaslana.

Mei: But that is why... I'm not letting go of her!

3rd Herrscher: Hmph... Alright. I'll lend you my strength. Don't disappoint me

Mei tightened her grip on the handle of her katana as purple electricity started to spark violently around her, her body emanating a purple glow.

Mei: Kiana... I won't leave you behind... Because I know you'll never give up on me as well!

Charged with the powers of the 3rd Herrscher, Mei blitzed towards the possessed Kiana, closing the gap between them within a second. She swings her katana, the blade directed at the girl in front of her, only to be stopped by a spiralling lance, materializing in its path.

Mei: Kiana! Please, wake up!

She shouted, trying to call upon the name of her dear friend.

Kiana?: Pathetic

The lances behind her shoot towards Mei, forcing her to retreat in order to avoid the volley. Mei saw the thrown weapons pierce the ground harmlessly where she was standing prior.

Kiana?: Your struggle is meaningless

Empty black circles appear behind her, as if a hole is being torn in the fabric of space itself. More of her lances shot out from the pitch darkness of the void, hurtling towards Mei.

The girl reacted accordingly, dodging each one of the weapons while also making a charge toward her opponent.

Mei: I won't give up!

With the aid of the 3rd Herrscher's powers, she made another leap, once again swinging her katana. But just as before, the blade was blocked by a lance.

Mei: Give... Kiana back!

Mei unexpectedly releases her grip on her katana, allowing her to get close as she curls her fingers into a fist, delivering a hefty punch straight at Kiana's face.

Kiana?: Why you...!

She growls, her eyes widened in shock as her hand reaches to touch her cheek in disbelief.

In a fit of rage, she takes hold of Mei's slender neck, squeezing it tightly as she holds the helpless girl up as she could only struggle to break free.

Mei: Kiana... Wake up...

She could barely muster the words as her airways are being constricted. She desperately reaches a hand over to touch Kiana's face.

Mei: Kiana-chan...

Feeling Mei's fingertips brush her cheeks, Kiana's eyes widen, her eyes returning to their original azure blue as she blinks.

Kiana: Mei... senpai...?

Overwhelmed by the sudden realization of her actions, Kiana releases her grip on Mei, causing her to tumble to the ground, gasping for air.

Kiana then clutches her head tightly as she feels a searing pain, screaming in torment from the sensation.

Mei: Kiana...

.

.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, deep inside the facility of Helheim Labs, Akiri and Himeko are seen being held in a small cell, labeled Containment Bay 7.

It is a 15-square-meter room that is used to contain test subjects. The room was furnished with only a small bed, basic sanitary facilities and bare concrete walls.

The small single bed is occupied by a sleeping Himeko, while Akiri only sat in a corner of the room, leaning his back against the wall with a pair of handcuffs restraining his arms.

The boy is silently staring down at his feet. From the outside, he doesn't seem to be doing much, but in his head, he is already racking his brain for ways to break out of the cell.

Rita: Don't bother trying to escape

A familiar voice spoke out and he turned towards the reinforced glass door to see Rita.

Rita: You wouldn't want anything bad to happen to Dr. Tesla, do you?

The boy grits his teeth in frustration.

Dr. Tesla seems to be the only one missing from the team, presumably being kept at a separate place.

With a deep breath, the boy calmed himself down as he then motions with his head towards the unconscious Himeko.

Akiri: What's happening to her?

Rita: Her body has simply endured extended periods of abuse and over-exhaustion. The effects of that are only now showing.

Just after being put into the cell, Akiri noticed that Himeko looked exhausted, her breathing ragged. The Major quickly lay down on the bed and fell unconscious, and haven woken up since.

Rita: As long as she keeps resting, she should be fine

The boy then noticed Fu Hua standing at the side, staying completely silent, the feeling of guilt riddled her face.

Rita: Now, allow me to excuse myself. Dr. Tesla must be accommodated as well

Akiri: Tesla? Damn you...! Where are you taking her?!

Rita: Do not worry. She will be treated with utmost care

She said before turning to look at Fu Hua.

Rita: I'm leaving this place to your care, Master Fu Hua

Rita bowed and left the containment rooms briskly without giving Fu Hua a second glance.

Fu Hua watches as Rita exits the room and she waits for a few moments, ensuring that the maid won't be returning any time soon.

With wary eyes, Fu Hua walked to the door of the cell and opened the reinforced glass door, allowing herself in as Akiri watched with a cautious look on his face.

Fu Hua: Don't worry. I want to help

She then promptly moved to the side of the bed, looking at the sleeping Himeko.

The girl then opened her right hand towards herself, and a warm glow emanated from her palm. A rosy light shone on Himeko's body. Her breathing gradually became less laboured.

Akiri: What are you doing?

Akiri looked both surprised and stupefied at what he was witnessing. Somehow, Himeko appears to be getting better.

Fu Hua: This will help soothe the pain

Several pristine feathers appeared, sparkling in the light. They slowly drifted downwards, scattering about the floor and walls, giving off light as they floated.

Akiri watched in awe as he also felt the tension and strain in his body wash away.

When the feathers finally dissipated, a brief moment of pain flashed across Fu Hua's face, causing her to grit her teeth.

Akiri: You okay?

Fu Hua: Yeah. I'm fine

Akiri: What did you just do? What exactly are those feathers?

Fu Hua looked conflicted about whether or not to answer, but before she could decide, they heard a loud explosion, coming from outside. The blast was powerful enough to cause the entire place to shake.

Soon after, a blaring alarm suddenly sounded all throughout the facility.

Fu Hua: Are we being attacked?

Just as she utters that, they could hear a growl echoing from outside, the sound of a Honkai beast.

Fu Hua then got up and walked out of the containment cell.

Akiri: Fu Hua, wait! I can help

Fu Hua: No. Stay here

Akiri: Fu Hua!

The girl closes the cell door and ran out, leaving the boy alone with the unconscious Himeko as he grits his teeth in frustration.

Akiri: Damn it...

He then noticed a faint glint from the corner of his eyes and he looked to see a small object left on the floor. He immediately recognizes that it is his earpiece and quickly went to grab it.

Akiri: Did Fu Hua leave this for me?

He wondered briefly as to how the device ended up on the ground for him to pick up as he promptly placed it on his ear. Almost immediately, the device turns on and he starts to hear static before clearing up to hear some familiar voices.

Theresa: (coms) Professor, I've met up with Mei. But Kiana, she's...

Einstein: (coms) High Honkai energy readings detected in Kiana's body

Akiri: Eins! Madam Theresa! It's Akiri, can you hear me? What's going on out there? Did you find Kiana?

Einstein: (coms) We're getting a reading of 4458 HW... Is the reader broken?

Dr. Einstein kept talking, and Akiri realizes that his voice is not going through to her.

Einstein: (coms) I've lost signal from all of the 67 mech units of the Vanguard. The number of hostiles are still increasing. Many are joining the battlefield as we speak

Theresa: (coms) Is Kiana the one attracting them...?

Theresa's voice then started to break up, until all that is broadcasted is nothing but radio static.

Akiri: (thoughts) The hell is going on out there...? Eins was saying something about detecting high Honkai energy readings from Kiana... Then...

He recalls the events that happened in Singapore two years ago. In a desperate attempt to stop a Honkai eruption, Kiana grabbed hold of a Honkai gem with her bare hands.

Her swift but reckless actions prevented a catastrophe, but the exposure to the high levels of Honkai energy awakened something, or someone lying dormant inside her. The Second Herrscher. Also known to the boy as...

Akiri: Sirin...

Is this why Otto captured Kiana?

But why would he want to awaken Sirin?

Are Theresa and the others alright? Are they fighting Sirin right now?

These are the questions circulating within his thoughts. And as time went on, the longer he pondered upon the questions, the more he started to get worried and restless.

Akiri: ...

With a look of certainty, he then got up on his feet.

A blade then materializes in the air in front of him before shooting downwards, breaking the handcuffs that were restraining him.

Akiri: Sorry, Major. But I'm going ahead without you

(Timeskip)

Rita: Rita here, Overseer. Master Fu Hua and I have neutralized all Honkai beasts infiltrating Helheim

Rita is communicating with someone while Fu Hu is seen a few distances away, finishing off a Honkai beast with a punch.

The two Valkyries regrouped just in front of the entrance of Helheim Labs after clearing a group of Honkai beasts which infiltrated the lab.

Rita: Awaiting further orders

Otto: (coms) Stay put. Durandal will lead the Immortal Blades and rendezvous with you there

The Overseer replied.

Otto: (coms) Let us welcome the moment when God herself bows before humanity

Rita: Understood

Fu Hua: Wait. Durandal is heading our way?

Fu Hua also heard what the Overseer had said as she is on the same communication channel.

Fu Hua: Then who's dealing with the Herrscher? She's the only one who can fight the Herrscher head-on

Otto: (coms) Don't worry. Everything is under my control. Theresa and her students will help keep the Herrscher at bay

Fu Hua: What? Theresa is fighting the Herrscher?

Fu Hua starts to grow worried, she fully knows that Theresa, even with her Oath of Judah will have trouble confronting the Herrscher. But contrasting her uneasiness, the Overseer is as composed as ever.

Otto: Calm down, my friend. I can assure-

His voice is then cut off and replaced with static.

Rita: Apologies. The communication system is down. I'll run a check

Fu Hua: Rita, fix the comm system and contact Durandal immediately. Tell her that the Herrscher has broken free. I'll go and delay the Herrscher to win some time

Rita: Master Fu Hua. Apologies, I cannot obey that command

Fu Hua: Why is that?

Rita: The Overseer did not order us to engage the Herrscher

Fu Hua: What?

Rita: Allow me to explain. The Overseer already has protocols in place. This situation is still within control. He won't be pleased if we meddle with his plan

Fu Hua: His plans...? Theresa and the others are in danger!

Rita: That is according to plan

Fu Hua was taken aback, from Rita's lack of concern, to learning that Otto is freely allowing the situation to escalate.

She then took a deep breath to calm herself down.

Fu Hua: If you don't want to help, fine. I do not intend to argue with you, so let me go so I can stop this

Rita: You still don't understand, Master Fu Hua. Any unpredicted actions will disrupt the Overseer's plans. So he ordered me to make sure nothing will jeopardize his plans, at any cost...

She twirls her scythe in a threatening manner.

Rita: Master Fu Hua, I'm not saying that you're wrong nor judging your actions. Like you, I am obliged to defend my position and uphold my duties

Fu Hua: Hmph. Looks like we won't be able to resolve this with a simple talk

The girl went into a fighting stance.

Fu Hua: Get out of my way!

Rita: If our paths must cross... Then I shall do what I must to uphold my duties

???: Even if that duty will cost the lives of innocents?

A male voice interrupted as they turned to see Akiri stepping out from Helheim Labs, walking towards the ladies with blades in both his hands.

Rita: Orders are orders. I will fulfil them no matter the cost

The boy took his place next to Fu Hua, getting into a stance.

Fu Hua: Akiri. I can take her alone. You go and help Theresa

Akiri: You sure?

Fu Hua nodded.

Fu Hua: The more time we waste here, the more Theresa and the others' lives will be in danger. Go

The boy took a brief moment to consider before placing his blades into their sheathes behind him.

Akiri: Be careful. And thanks, Fu Hua

He then turns around and runs away at full speed, heading towards where the Hyperion is docked. Behind him, Fu Hua and Rita begin their fierce clash.

Akiri: Madam Theresa, Mei... Wait for me...

Meanwhile, at Air Terminal 3, Kiana, or the Second Herrscher stands victorious. Theresa lies on the ground, beaten and bruised as she catches her breath, the Oath of Judah beside her.

Bronya is also on the battlefield. Having woken up from her coma, she immediately went to aid her teammates in the fight against the Second Herrscher. But with even all the help she can provide, they fail to turn the tides of the battle.

Sirin: My dearest Mei, you are the other half of my desires, the burning passion of my soul...

Sirin held the defeated Mei by the neck. The girl no longer has the capacity to resist.

Sirin then reached her other hand towards Mei's chest as it started to glow purple in response.

Sirin: Wait no longer

Mei screamed in agony as a searing pain was felt in her chest. Looking down, she was shocked to see a purple crystal, shining brightly, being pulled out of her body.

Sirin: Embrace me! Join your strength with mine!

The twinkling gem is moved to Sirin's grasp as it then enters her body.

Bronya: She... Absorbed the Gem of Conquest...?

As if losing all interest, she releases Mei, letting her drop to the ground as she falls unconscious from the immense pain.

Theresa: Mei!

Sirin started to laugh as she felt the gem's powers course through her veins, feeling herself getting more powerful by the minute.

Sirin: Now... Time to offer yourself to your god...

She raises her arm, opening several void portals for her Subspace Lances to pass through, each of the weapons aimed at Mei, Bronya and Theresa as they could only watch helplessly at their impending demise.

Yet, just as she was about to unleash them, a barrage of projectiles came shooting from the distance, ruthlessly shattering every lance in their path.

???: Sirin!

Sirin: You...

She immediately recognized the shouting voice. She turns to where the projectiles came from to see that it was Akiri.

Akiri: Sirin, please stop

Bronya: Akiri...?

He heard Bronya's weak voice.

Surveying his friends' condition, the boy witnesses them lying on the ground, battered and bruised, their battlesuits tattered and soiled, a testament to the strenuous battle they've fought, and how they are pushed to the brink of survival.

Sirin: So you once again stand against me... Why do you insist on protecting these humans?

Akiri: I already gave you my reasons. Can't you see that this is wrong?

He motions to his defeated and injured comrades.

Sirin: Right or wrong, that didn't stop them from torturing us. That didn't stop them from killing our friends, taking everything away from us

Akiri: Sirin, not all humans are like that!

Sirin: I don't care! I will have my revenge. I will kill every single human on this planet. Including the girl to which this body belongs to!

He almost couldn't believe what came out of her mouth. The girl in front of him barely resembles the Sirin he once knew, not just by appearances alone.

Akiri: I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me... Maybe I could've done something to stop you from becoming like this

A tear escapes the corner of his eye as lets out a shaky breath. He reaches behind and unsheathes his dual blades, getting into a fighting stance.

Akiri: To defend humanity, to protect my friends... I will do what I must

2nd Herrscher: Try as you might

Void portals opened behind her and lances came shooting out towards Akiri.

He immediately reacts, calculating the trajectories of where the lances are going, he materializes his blades and shoots them in their path, causing the weapons to shatter upon impact, completely negating her attack.

2nd Herrscher: How did you...?

She narrowed her gaze at him as if examining his body, and her lips then curled into a smirk.

2nd Herrscher: I see... You also have a Gem within you. I'll be sure to rip it out of your body once I'm done with you

More portals opened behind her, launching a volley of lances his way, but just as before, he countered the attack with a barrage of his own.

2nd Herrscher: Impressive. But how long do you think you can keep resisting?

She opens more portals, but before she could launch them, Akiri did something unexpected, he started running straight towards her.

Seeing it as nothing but a desperate charge, the Herrscher began her barrage, the volley of lances piercing through the air like streaks of light.

Using his dual blades, Akiri started to swing his swords at the incoming projectiles, deflecting them away before they could hit him.

2nd Herrscher: Such pointless struggles...!

More lances were thrown at him, but he kept deflecting them away with his blades while continuing on his advance.

Eventually, he got close to her, but at that moment, he senses danger from behind, forcing him to roll to the side to avoid a lance.

Immediately after, several more portals opened up right above him, and before he could react, all of them shot down towards him at once. All he could do, is to move his body in a way that the lances didn't pierce him, and he ended up trapped in between the impaled lances.

2nd Herrscher: Last chance, Akiri

She hovers closer to him and reaches a hand to his face. She then lifts his head with her fingers, forcing him to look at her eye to eye.

2nd Herrscher: Is humanity really worth more than me to you?

The boy didn't answer, instead, he looked away from her, breaking eye contact. But that gesture alone is enough to give her an answer.

2nd Herrscher: You still don't understand, do you?

She pulls her hand away.

2nd Herrscher: Then I'll make you understand...

She then went towards Bronya and grabbed the girl by her neck, lifting her up and showing her to Akiri.

Theresa: Bronya!

Theresa, who was still on the ground tried to get up, but her legs gave in to sheer exhaustion and she drops back down.

Akiri: What are you doing...?

2nd Herrscher: Maybe if you have everything taken away from you, you will finally understand my feelings

She summons her Subspace Lances, aiming them at the defenseless Bronya. It is clear now what her intention is, Bronya's life is in danger.

Akiri: Stop it!

The boy started to try to break himself free, but he couldn't do anything but struggle.

2nd Herrscher: Now... Feel my pain, Akiri. Have a taste of my rage

She moves one of the lances closer to Bronya's neck, the tip of the weapon touching her skin. Akiri could only watch as the 2nd Herrscher slowly put pressure on the lance until drawing a drop of blood.

Akiri: No!!!

He shouted at the top of his lungs as he desperately reached a hand outwards.

.

.

.

A spark...

.

.

.

A flash...

.

.

.

Ignition from the palm of his hand, a pillar of searing hot flame erupts, enveloping his body.

The flame dies down, revealing that Akiri is now free from the entanglement of Subspace Lances. What is more shocking, is the flaming sword in his hand, blazing brightly.

Theresa: The Shamash...? But how?

Theresa was in complete shock as she recognized it to be the Judgement of Shamash.

2nd Herrscher: That blade... It can't be...!

She seems to recognize the weapon, the very sight of it causes her to be filled with anger. In a fit of rage, she summons her lances and immediately shot them towards the boy.

However, with just a single swing of the flaming blade, he decimated the Subspace Lances before it could hit him.

2nd Herrscher: Why do you have that sword?

Akiri only stayed silent as he looks at 2nd Herrscher with bloodshot eyes.

He grips the handle of the blazing sword tightly with both hands and points it forwards before making a charge towards his opponent.

Frustration boiling up within her, the Herrscher kept on her bombardment, the Subspace Lances hail upon him like torrential rain, but no matter how many are thrown at him, it did little to halt his charge.

The Judgement of Shamash erupts brighter as it pushes through, disintegrating every lance in its way into cinders.

2nd Herrscher: You...!

She watches as Akiri gets closer and closer, feeling a sense of dread for the first time since she'd awakened as a Herrscher. She instinctively closes her eyes shut, feeling the temperature rise to the point of almost hurting her skin from the radiant heat. She braced for the pain...

...But nothing came

She opens her eyes to see Akiri right in front of her, the tip of his flaming blade just inches away from her body.

Akiri: Sirin...

Looking at his face, she saw the boy crying tears of blood, his hands trembling, and his lips quivering.

In that instant, a surge of emotions engulfed her, with guilt being the most dominant. However, those feelings were swiftly extinguished, and her expression reverted back to its cold and merciless demeanor.

In a sudden surge of anger and frustration, she lashed out impulsively, shooting a Subspace Lance at the defenceless boy in front of her.

The weapon surely would have killed him, if not for someone swooping in from the side and carrying him away from danger.

2nd Herrscher: Tch...! Another pest...

It is revealed to be Fu Hua, who then gently sets the now unconscious boy on the ground as the blade he was holding disappeared into thin air.

Fu Hua: You did well to hold her off, Akiri...

Theresa: Fu Hua?

Bronya: The class monitor?

Fu Hua sees Bronya and Theresa starting to get up, while Mei is lying on the ground unconscious.

She then looks at Theresa, all the while keeping a watchful eye towards the enemy in front for any sudden movement.

Fu Hua: Take Mei and Akiri. Get out of here, and do not come back

For a split second, both Bronya and Theresa wanted to decline, they would rather continue to fight. However, seeing the condition of Mei and Akiri forced them to reconsider their options.

They realize that none of them stands a chance against this threat before them.

Theresa: ...Alright. Bronya, can you carry them?

Bronya: Da

Bronya summons Project Bunny and lifts both Mei and Akiri up before carrying them aboard the Hyperion. Theresa looks over her shoulder towards Fu Hua for a moment before getting on board.

Getting into a fighting stance, the Valkyrie charges towards the Herrscher. As they clashed fiercely, the Hyperion behind them started to ascend and the ship flew away from the raging battlefield.

.

.

.

.

.

???: Patient's vitals are returning to normal

???: It's a miracle... Damage to the body of this scale is usually fatal. How is his body able to recover at such speed...?

.

.

.

.

.

???: I see... Let him rest for a while. He deserves it

.

.

.

.

.

Akiri's eyes fluttered open, his surroundings initially blurry. The soft beep of monitors and distant voices of nurses could be heard.

As his vision cleared, he registered the IV drip beside his bed, the white bandages wrapped in various parts around his body, and the thin hospital gown he wore. Gradually, his senses pieced together the reality of his situation, slowly pulling him out of the fog of unconsciousness.

He realized that he is now inside the infirmary of the Hyperion.

Next, the memories started flowing in, reminding him of the events that transpired. From the beginning of their assault on Schicksal HQ, to him witnessing Sirin about to kill Bronya.

He felt like there was more, some parts of his memories are blurry, and some felt distant. But he had no time to ponder as worry started to surge.

Ignoring the protests of his exhausted body, he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, his bare feet touching the cold floor.

???: Hey! You shouldn't be up yet

He heard a voice, presumably from one of the nurses.

Akiri: How long was I out?

She didn't answer and instead, urged him to lie back down, but he ignored her and rushed out the door as the nurse went to call for a doctor.

He needs to find someone, and the first place he can think of to go to is the bridge, so he proceeds to walk to the main elevator.

His steps were shaky along the way, and his hands fumbled on the elevator buttons, but the boy made it to the bridge.

Theresa: Akiri?

The only ones on the bridge were Theresa and Einstein, both seem equally as shocked at the boy's sudden appearance as he walks out of the elevator out of breath.

Einstein: You shouldn't be up-

Akiri: How long was I out? Where are the others?

Although catching his breath, he managed to utter the questions that were in his mind the moment he woke up.

The two in question seemed reluctant to answer, but Einstein went ahead towards the boy to put his arm around her shoulder, supporting him.

Einstein: You need to calm down. You've been out for about three hours

Akiri: Three hours?

The boy mutters in complete disbelief. The tense and sombre atmosphere of the room didn't help to quench his worry.

Akiri: What happened...?

Theresa: ...

.

.

.

.

.

Fu Hua: I sense no sympathy or decency from your words... only utter selfishness and lies...

Defeated, Fu Hua is on her knees, catching her breath. Standing in front of her, is Otto Apocalypse, who had come to the battlefield himself and managed to convince the Second Herrscher to spare the life of the Valkyrie.

When she questions the man's willingness to let the Herrscher go, his answer causes her to be utterly taken aback.

Fu Hua: Otto Apocalypse... You made me realize how hateful and despicable you are

The smile on Otto's face slowly disappeared, and at that moment, golden rays slowly condensed into a gun in his hand as he pointed it at Fu Hua.

It was none other than the Judgement of Shamash, its appearance seems to make it look like it was made with solid gold.

Slowly, he puts pressure on the trigger.

Otto: ...I did not lie, Master Jingwei

A sharp crack shattered the air as the gun fired, the sound reverberating with an abrupt intensity before dissipating into echoes.

.

.

.

.

.

"Kiana, be brave. Push on...!"

Himeko, wielding a glowing red greatsword pushes through the Second Herrscher's desperate attack. The crimson battlesuit she donned was in tatters.

"You can still end this story the way you want!"

The fires of determination, the strength of the memories of those she loved propels her downwards towards the Herrscher, helping her to push past the limits of her own body.

A blinding flash of light seared through the darkness, illuminating the Imaginary Space in an instant as Himeko's flaming blade broke through the Herrscher's last defense.

"Live, Kiana..."

When the light died down, Himeko stood being supported by her blade, mere inches away from Kiana, who was on the ground, her eyes completely widened at the woman in front of her.

Himeko: That's... my final lesson... for you...

She spoke weakly, as if mustering everything she had left in her just to utter those words.

Her sword shatters, and time seems to slow down as her exhausted body begins to fall.

Snapping out of her trance and gritting her teeth, the Herrscher releases a pulse of energy, pushing the woman away from her.

But as Himeko was launched back, her lips curled slightly into a smirk, and a moment after, the Herrscher felt something thin pierce her back.

Before she could react, an injector that was placed on her back started to transfer a blue liquid into her body, causing her to let out a scream as the Honkai sprouted out of her.

The Imaginary Space they were in started to break down until nothing was left...

.

.

.

.

.

--------------------

(A/N: Finally finished this arc of the game!

I'm not gonna lie, adapting stuff from the game into book form is really a struggle. Mainly, the structure and pacing of the story. Since the gameplay element is gone, I needed to be extra careful in writing this book.

With that said, I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I really put a lot of thought into it seeing that this point can be considered the climax of the Honkai story, so I really wanted to do it justice.

As always, criticism is allowed here, so feel free to let me know what you think about the story so far. It'll help a ton to improve my future works.

I thank you all for your constant support, and helping this book reach 100k reads. Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon in the next chapter.)

--------------------

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Akiri: N-No... That can't...

After being told what happened by Theresa, the boy couldn't help but feel weak in the knees, his eyes widened in complete disbelief. Einstein keeps him up in fear that he could hurt himself if she lets him fall.

Akiri: Then Himeko...?

Theresa lowered her gaze, he could only get a glimpse of the grief in her eyes.

Theresa: ...

"There's nothing we could've done..."

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

820 37 2
After her loss against Kiana, The Herrscher of Void decided to finally pass away peacefully. Until she was suddenly kidnapped by an unknown Entit...
2K 45 6
"In a world full of suffering, those who are brave enough to confront it shall prevail." Otto has started yet another experiment. However, it is invo...
19.6K 740 29
Four months have passed since the Herrscher of the Void's awakening. In the time since, the world has gone into chaos. Despite that, Alex promises to...
102K 3.4K 37
Yep... The title says it all, oh and this is a y/n story so ye Might sometimes do serious scene and comedic but meh, who knows. Read it if you want t...