Roses & Thorns

By number1BTSfan

"Nothing in life is a bed of roses." "But roses have thorns too." The nation's pride, a sophisticated fencer... More

Roses & Thorns
Prologue
Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 017
Chapter 018
Chapter 019
Chapter 020
Chapter 021
Chapter 022
Chapter 023
Chapter 024
Chapter 025
Chapter 026
Chapter 027
Chapter 028
Chapter 029
Chapter 030
Chapter 031
Chapter 032
Chapter 033
Chapter 034
Chapter 035
Chapter 036

Chapter 010

96 7 2
By number1BTSfan

"You okay?" Sang-yoon hummed as she watched Ryujin collapse to the floor, breathing heavily as a look of discomfort took over her features. She nodded, holding onto her ribs which developed stitches from the intense match.

Sang-yoon sat next to the elder, waiting for her to regain the energy to get up again. For any normal person, seeing Ryujin collapse would have been scary, but Sang-yoon was an athlete and this was the reality for athletes, sadly.

"Seriously, you need to take a break. They're basically overworking you, watch me ask Coach Yang to square up," Despite the pain, Ryujin managed to let out a tired laugh at Sang-yoon's irritation.

Slowly, she got up to sit next to Sang-yoon and released slow and steady breaths as she regained her energy. They watched over those who were still being made to train, trying to recover from the intensity of the practice they just finished.

"We're getting a break for the weekend. What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to go back to Busan, I got permission from the management team. Can't wait to flex these guns to Eunsa,"

Ryujin shoved Sang-yoon's arm which flexed her muscles out of her face, scoffing at her playful and childish manner. Sang-yoon laughed slightly, getting up with Ryujin watching her.

"Alright, I still have one more practice match to do. You should head back first, I think Coach Yang knows you're on the brink of a burnout too." Sang-yoon hummed, gesturing her head to the coach who was sending subtle concerned glances their way.

Ryujin chuckled, getting up as well before bidding Sang-yoon goodbye. Ryujin limped to the locker room, her legs close to giving out again due to the overuse.

She opened her locker, taking the muscle tape she packed out of her bag and quickly applying some to her legs. She sat on the bench, cutting up the muscle tape into appropriate lengths to lessen the pain. She looked up from applying her tape when she heard the door open, making brief eye contact with Hyomin.

Just like Ryujin, the girl was breathing heavily as her hair stuck to her neck due to the sweat. Ryujin offered her a small polite smile before going back to applying her muscle tape, not missing the small scoff that escaped Hyomin's lips.

Once Ryujin was ready to leave, she bid goodbye to her coach and got her things, scanning her id card on the way out of the training centre and began the short walk home.

Ryujin's body was on fire.

Not because of a raging fever, but because of how tired it was. Just walking home felt like a huge task that she'd never complete. Her legs felt like lead, and she was fully convinced she'd collapse.

She willed through it, managing to get into the apartment. She dropped her bags as she walked toward the living room, her eyes set on the sofa. She fell onto the sofa, her eyes closing involuntarily and she fell unconscious.

┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

Ryujin's eyes fluttered open, the whole room engulfed in darkness. She blinked the sleep out of her eyes, rolling to her side as she searched for her phone. Once she realised it was still in her pocket, she checked the time.

9pm.

Ryujin got into a sitting position, trying to wake herself up before she got up. Her body was sore, but slightly better than how it was earlier. She trudged toward the fridge to see if there was anything to satisfy her growing hunger.

She threw open her fridge door, her eyes immediately landing on the plastic cup of coffee. She frowned, grabbing it. She didn't recall buying back any coffee for home. She turned the cup around, spotting the familiar post-it note.

"hope you're not in too much pain, you're doing really well! here's a coffee <3"

Ryujin stared at it, her frown deepening as she tried to wrap her head around how on Earth it got into her fridge. She had never told him where she lived. She fumbled for her home, turning it on and immediately going into their chat seeing that he had messaged her.

beomgyu <3

i brought coffee for you
i stuck a note on your coffee, did you see it?
i wanted to call you to come down and collect it,
but i think your neighbour knew me cuz she told me she'd bring it for you
i hope it was actl ur neighbour and not sumn wanting free coffee😶
2.47 p.m.

Ryujin released a relieved sigh she didn't know she held, exiting the chat to go into the one she had with Chaeryeong just to confirm it was actually Chaeryeong who had spotted Beomgyu earlier.

chae 💕

i saw ur crush when i was coming back home from groceries LMFAOOO
he lowk so cute tho
and does he normally bring u coffee that is acc so cute
he is raising the bar fr
anyway i put it in your fridge cuz u werent home yet
2.58 p.m.

omg thanks chae i got so scared thinking he knew my apartment number LMFAOO
and nahh this the first time he's doing something like this
he IS the standard
the standard your boyfriend is far from so break up with him 😁
9.04 p.m.

beomgyu <3

i brought coffee for you
i stuck a note on your coffee, did you see it?
i wanted to call you to come down and collect it,
but i think your neighbour knew me cuz she told me she'd bring it for you
i hope it was actl ur neighbour and not sumn wanting free coffee😶
2.47 p.m.

it was thankfully HAHA
9.05 p.m.
thank you for the coffee tho it rlly shocked me lol

ok thank god
and ur welcomee u looked kinda tired last time i saw you so i wanted to do something for you
please don't tell me you JUST finished training

oh no dw i finished at 4 i just took a fat nap when i came home
and i dont have any training this weekend

omgg thats good u need to rest
what are u planning to do

just catch up on rest
probs going to start a new show

sounds funn
i have to go to work this weekend 😰
until late night😔
if u need any recs on shows i have a ton

alrightt i'll ask u if i cant find anything

mk
oh u know ive been checking out some nct
i've managed to learn most of their names

wowww
ok i'll test u next time we meet

😨😨😨😨
i'll go sharpen my skills rn

you do that
im going to drink this coffee

hope you like it
goodnighttt

night <3

Ryujin knew for a fact she wasn't going to sleep. She brought the cup to her lips, taking a cautious sip as she wasn't sure what flavour it was. She smacked her lips, impressed with the unfamiliar yet yummy flavour. She took another sip as she walked to her living room, turning on the lights.

She sat in the middle of her sofa, turning the tv on before trying to find a show she should start. Once she found something that deemed interesting to her, she clicked on the show and began to watch the first episode with Beomgyu's coffee in her hand.

┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

Ryujin was bored.

She wasn't used to staying home for so long. She had wasted the whole day away on her sofa, watching the same show she started last night. It was interesting, but Ryujin didn't enjoy the feeling that she knew she spent nearly 24 hours in the same position.

She had texted Chaeryeong, who told her that she was busy in school finishing up a project and couldn't entertain her, so Ryujin wasn't really left with another choice. Sang-yoon was in Busan and Ryujin didn't feel like meeting up with her other teammates to hang out.

She lied on her back on the sofa, looking at the bare ceiling as she racked her brains trying to think of something she should do. Her eyes lit up when she thought of an idea. She sprung up from her lazy position, rushing to the bathroom to look presentable.

She grabbed her phone and wallet, walking out of the house before she slipped on her shoes, walking out of the apartment complex. Her hands rested in her pockets and she walked down the serene and quiet streets of her neighbourhood.

She was dressed in a simple oversized shirt and a pair of sweatpants, which didn't make her stand out. There weren't that many people anyway, so she started to ease up with not wearing a mask.

Her lips pulled into a grin as she spotted the familiar place, quickening her pace ever so slightly. Before she walked in, she peered into the cafe, seeing that it was empty. Her smile widened as she put her hand on the door handle, pulling it open to hear the familiar chime of a small bell on top of the door.

She made eye contact with a surprised Beomgyu who manned the counter alone. She closed the door behind her, a grin playing on her lips as they locked eyes.

"Let's see how well you know NCT,"

guys they both have that rizz what can i say
did you guys like the chap ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 2.6K 15
i am not gay and never will be
35.2K 2.6K 51
❝ What you see with your eyes is not necessarily real. ❞ In which two people fell in love with each other. But little did they know that their love s...
42.1K 2.7K 86
wherein, it started with a lie just so her friends won't know that she still have feelings to her ex, is now stuck pretending that she love her rival...
56.5K 3.1K 18
A girl with a secret gift suddenly meets someone, or somewhat, that changes her life. Little did they know they came together for a reason. Complete ...