The Goblet Of Fire Through An...

By Writing_Fangirl_

Another year, another story. Aura, Morana, Xenia, and Tess are now in their fourth year at Hogwarts. Their li... More

The Goblet Of Fire Through Another's Eyes
Chapter 1: A Dream Like Hers
Chapter 2: The Reason Behind It
Chapter 3: The (Un)Pleasant Surprise
Chapter 4: First Time At Malfoy Manor
Chapter 5: The Muggle-Born In A Pure-Blood House
Chapter 6: The Way To The Quidditch World Cup...Thing
Chapter 7: You'll NEVER Guess Who I Saw Because Of Coincidence!
Chapter 8: The Quidditch World Cup; Bulgaria Vs. Ireland
Chapter 9: The Unmistakeable Mark In The Sky
Chapter 10: Afterwards
Chapter 11: Secrets Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 12: The Announcement
Chapter 13: The Mad Professor
Chapter 14: Terrible DADA Class
Chapter 15: Newcomers
Chapter 16: The Goblet Of Fire (Through Another's Eyes)
Chapter 18: Harry Potter, Exiled (Not Really, But He's Shunned A Lot)
Chapters 19: Dragons
Chapter 20: The First Task
Chapter 21: The Quick Surprise
Chapter 22: Finding A Date, A Dress, And A Dream
Chapter 23: The Yule Ball
Chapter 24: Wattpad's A Meanie So I Can't Write The Full Title
Chapter 25: My Break Up With Robert (And The Reason Behind It)
Chapter 26: The Second Task
Chapter 27: Aura's Heart Possibly Broken (...AGAIN)
Chapter 28: The Madness Of Mr. Crouch
Chapter 29: The Vision-Like Dream
Chapter 30: The Hidden Object
Chapter 31: The Third Task
Chapter 32: A Vision Of Death
Chapter 33: Tess's Shared Vision, Part 1
Chapter 34: Tess's Shared Vision Part 2
Chapter 35: The Truth About Moody
Chapter 36: Barty Crouch Jr.'s Kiss
Chapter 37: The Beginning Of The Death And Destruction Of The World
Author's Note!!

Chapter 17: The Three Champions Revealed

36 0 0
By Writing_Fangirl_

It was the next day. Halloween. I woke up before anybody else in my dormitory did. I got up and silently got dressed, careful not to wake up Hermione Granger, Parvati Patil, Lavender Brown, Kellah, and Fay Dunbar (who was the only Gryffindor girl my age that I was kinda friends with).

I slowly got out of the dormitory into the common room, where some people were already sitting and chatting.

It wasn't before long that Hermione had come down, too. I guess everybody was excited about the big day.

I decided to go to the Great Hall and get breakfast, and it seemed like some others had the same idea.

I went to the Great Hall to see a lot more people than I expected eating breakfast. Including Xenia, Tess, and Morana.

"Hey!" Tess said to me as I walked over to her table and sat down. Xenia was on the opposite side of her.

"Hell-o!" Xenia said, smiling at me. Morana was at the Slytherin table, and she waved at me with a smile.

"So," I began as I started eating some food, swallowing before continuing. "I just realized that I shouldn't have started a sentence before eating. Wow. Anyway," Tess and Xenia were giggling slightly at me, "I wonder who's gonna be the Hogwarts champion! I hope it's somebody good!"

"I hope it's Hemani Roshan," Xenia said. "She's in Ravenclaw, and I think she'd be a great champion."

"Cedric would be better!" Tess said, almost sounding like she was bragging. "He's putting his name in, too."

"Angelina Johnson from Gryffindor is actually putting her name in, too," I said, eating a mouthful of food. "I hope she gets it, too. I mean, they obviously can't all get it, but it'd be great if one of them did!"

"Well," Morana said in front of us, leaning on the table with her two hands, and making us jump, "I know you bitches are hopin' for somebody in your own House to get it, but so am I. Cassius Warrington, from Slytherin, put his name in, too."

"Yeah, I heard somebody saying that," Xenia said, "but isn't that just a rumor?"

Morana winked. "One step at a time, Mudblood."

We suddenly heard a noise coming from the entrance hall. Then we heard a loud popping sound. We immediately ran to go see what it was. Fred and George Weasley (at least I thought) each had long, white, identical beards, and everyone was laughing, including them.

"I did warn you," Dumbledore said to the twins in an amused tone. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

Fred and George headed off to the hospital wing, followed by their friend Lee Jordan who did Quidditch commentary, who was howling with laughing.

"Oh, Morana!" I realized as I turned to her. "You don't have a cold anymore!"

"No, but I have a fever now," she said glumly.

"Oh, poor Death Eater!" Tess said.

"Shut it, Insightful One," Morana snapped.

"But...that...that wasn't sarcasm..." Tess said, sounding kind of hurt.

"Oh. Okay. Then yeah! Thanks for the sympathy!"

Tess smiled. "No problem!"

People suddenly cheered. We looked and saw everyone congratulating Angelina Johnson. I guess she put her name in!

"I hope you get it, Angelina!" I said as she walked past me to go into the Great Hall.

"Thanks!" she said with a smile as she kept walking.

"Let's go back," Xenia said. "I'm still pretty damn hungry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE THREE CHAMPIONS REVEALED

So before the feast that night I realized I forgot to ask Draco something which wasn't really important, but the question all of a sudden kept itching at the back of my head. Once you remember something you have to know the answer, right?

I noticed that Draco was nearby, and I grabbed his arm as I walked past him, and made him walk with me.

"Hey! What're you -?!"

"I need to talk to you," I answered Draco as I stopped walking in an empty hallway and turned to face him.

"F**k. Look, if it's about those dungbombs -"

"What dungbombs?" I asked, unsure if I wanted the answer.

He stared at me with his hands clasped together. He was silent for a second before speaking, "You may proceed." (I later found out that he put dungbombs in the girls' bathroom that I used a lot. Just to piss me off.)

"I just remembered something you told Morana and me last year," I began, "and I needed some clarification. You told us that Pansy was essentially 'like a friend that you kiss' or whatever. But isn't that supposed to be what a relationship is? You're basically best friends that you do that boyfriend-y/girlfriend-y stuff with?"

Draco thought about what I said, then when he realized he spoke. "Oh, no. No, that's Morana." I smiled to myself because he said that without having to think. "No. You know that one friend that you're pretty close with, but not really, and you still hang out with all the time?"

"Oh," I said, realizing how his relationship with Pansy was.

"Yeah."

"Oh, okay," I said, nodding. "Yeah. Now leave, shithead."

"My pleasure, you bitch." And with that Draco walked away. Then I went to the feast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE THREE CHAMPIONS REVEALED

The selection of the champions didn't happen until after the feast, so I'm just going to go there.

There was no noise once Dumbledore stood up, so then he spoke. "Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision. I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" - there was a door behind the staff table that he indicated- "where they will be receiving their first instructions." He took out his wand, and waved it. All of the candles except the ones in the carved pumpkins were out. The Goblet of Fire's blue-white light seemed incredible now.

The flames turned red and sparks began to fly from it. A flame shot into the air, a charred piece of parchment fluttered out. The whole room gasped.

Dumbledore grabbed the parchment, and held it out to use the goblet's blue-white flame as a light.

"The champion for Durmstrang," he said, his voice strong and clear, "will be Viktor Krum!"

A storm of applause and cheering erupted in the Hall. Viktor stood up from the Slytherin table, walked up to the staff table, and walked to the door Dumbledore had talked about before.

"Bravo, Viktor!" Karkaroff said loudly over the applause. "Knew you had it in you!"

All of the clapping and cheering died. Everyone was paying attention to the goblet again, which turned red as another piece of parchment came out.

"The champion for Beauxbatons," Dumbledore said after he grabbed the parchment, "is Fleur Delacour!"

A lot of people cheered for her, too, although a lot of the other Beauxbatons students were crying because they didn't get it.

When Fleur left into the other room everyone was silent.

Silent.

Waiting to see who the Hogwarts champion was.

And we found out not long after.

"The Hogwarts champion," Dumbledore said after he got the parchment that had come out of the goblet, "is Cedric Diggory!"

A lot of people cheered. Everyone at the Hufflepuff table jumped up to their feet, screamed, and stamped. Cedric then grinned broadly as he went up to the champion room.

The cheering for Cedric was longer than the others.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily after the noise died down. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real -"

But he stopped there. The goblet's fire turned red again. Another piece of parchment came out of the goblet. Dumbledore reached for it and grabbed it. Dumbledore stared at the name. There was a long pause before Dumbledore cleared his throat, then spoke.

"Harry Potter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE THREE CHAMPIONS REVEALED

Nobody could believe it. Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, a fourth year, as Hogwarts' second champion?! Everybody was looking at Harry, some were standing to do so.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

I watched Hermione push Harry slightly. He slowly walked up to the staff table.

"Well...through the door, Harry," Dumbledore said. Harry walked out to the champion room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE THREE CHAMPIONS REVEALED

"Luna!" I said as I was leaving the Great Hall with everybody else. After I called her name she turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey, Aura!" Luna said to me.

"Look, uh, listen, I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh, okay!" Luna said. We walked out of the crowd into the hallway a little bit so we could talk. "So what's up?"

"Look, um, Luna? I-I'm sorry. But...I was just... I wanna break up."

"Oh thank God!" she said. "I'm so glad I didn't have to do it!"

"So, you wanted to break up, too?"

"Uhh, yeah. I just...thought we weren't really as close as before."

"Yeah. I agree."

Luna smiled at me. "One last kiss good bye?"

I smiled back. "Yeah. Of course."

We kissed again for the last time. When we were done Luna looked up at me. "I hope you find somebody that makes you happy."

"Yeah," I said with a smile. "I hope you find somebody, too." We embraced each other before departing.

What I didn't tell her was that I sort of broke up with her because I had a crush on someone else. Although I wouldn't have a chance with her.

But of course she wouldn't like me back.

I mean, she's already dating my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE THREE CHAMPIONS REVEALED

"Harry...Harr...Har...Ha...H..."

Morana still couldn't comprehend it a little later that same evening in the girls' bathroom.

"Why the f**k do we get a Hufflepuff and Gryffindor champion?!" Morana practically yelled at us. "I mean...Slytherin's good enough! Okay. No. I shouldn't be asking that. I should be asking why the f**k is Harry f**king Potter one of the two Hogwarts champions?!"

"It doesn't make much sense!" Xenia said. "I mean, from what I saw Dumbledore's Age Line should've worked. And it's not like Harry would want to do a deadly task. I mean, he already has Lord Blahblahblah on his trail! He doesn't need a deadly as f**k competition to try to kill him, too!"

"It's not that it should've worked!" Tess said. "It did work! More than once!"

"Plus Xenia has a point!" I said. "He's already got death following him without him realizing it. Why would he want to turn around and meet death in person?"

"That was very poetic, Disgraceful Malfoy," Morana said to me, nodding. "I liked it."

"Morana, I appreciate that you're staying up talking to us," I said kindly, "but it's getting late. I'm tired. You're sick and should get some sleep. We'll talk about this tomorrow. But...I wanted to say before we go to bed... Luna and I broke up."

"What?!" Morana asked. "Wh-what happened?!"

"I broke it off," I said, moving a piece of red hair out of my face. "I thought we were getting farther apart."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Xenia said.

"Don't be," I smiled sadly.

"I knew it!" Tess said. "See, before the end of summer I had visions of you two -" she pointed to Xenia and me, "- and your girlfriends breaking up. But... Okay, I won't give it away entirely, but you guys are both gonna date somebody else before the end of the school year."

Xenia and I smiled. "Cool!" we both said.

So we all said good night to each other before going off to bed, all of us still unsure what happened with the Goblet of Fire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3M 621K 34
Una chica crea un grupo en Whatsapp para conversar con sus amigos, misteriosamente ella sale del grupo una noche, y se mete un "Desconocido" al grupo...
215K 14.8K 86
Todas las personas se cansan. Junior lo sabía y aun así continuó lastimando a quien estaba seguro que era el amor de su vida.
133M 8.6M 65
Recién llegada a la elitista universidad Tagus, Jude Derry descubre que ahí todo gira alrededor de las fiestas, los chismes, los ligues y sobre todo...
436K 59.3K 58
El amor puede llegar de manera impredecible... Para aquel Omega que por mucho tiempo creyó que lo había encontrado, vendrá en su demandante e impone...