Your Angel or Your Devil - As...

By ToffeeWaffle77

Crafted into the ultimate weapon, Y/N L/N is sent to fight against the Angels attacking Japan as the battle l... More

Prologue
The Next Life - Chapter 1
First Impressions - Chapter 2
True Colours - Chapter 3
Clearing the Air - Chapter 4
Showing Off - Chapter 5
An Investigation - Chapter 6
Training - Chapter 7
Night Terrors - Chapter 8
Check Up - Chapter 9
A Confrontation - Chapter 10
Humanity - Chapter 11
Oversight - Chapter 12
Waking Up - Chapter 13
Hunted - Chapter 15
Reaching Out - Chapter 16
An Offer - Chapter 17
Nerves - Chapter 18
Desperation - Chapter 19
A Confession - Chapter 20
Pleasure - Chapter 21 (LEMON)
Fresh Faces - Chapter 22
Deal - Chapter 23
The Calm Before - Chapter 24
The Storm - Chapter 25
Meanwhile - Chapter 26
Case Study - Chapter 27
Better - Chapter 28
A Distraction - Chapter 29
A/N - THANK YOU!
In Good Company - Chapter 30
If We're Quiet - Chapter 31 (LEMON)
The Long Game - Chapter 32
Reckless - Chapter 33
Two Evils - Chapter 34
Blood Sample - Chapter 35
Thicker Than Water - Chapter 36
All We Have Is Now - Chapter 37
Funeral - Chapter 38

Bedridden - Chapter 14

586 24 7
By ToffeeWaffle77

Y/N - "Ugh this sucks."

Asuka - "Stop complaining."

Y/N was tucked into his bed, as he had been for the past few days, and not allowed to move or do anything outside of sleep, wake up and talk. Luckily he had the company of either Asuka, Shinji or Misato. Mostly Asuka, who had convinced NERV to also given her the week off to help take care of Y/N, but Misato and Shinji helped out when Asuka was called in for paperwork about the fight or what have you, much to her dismay.

Asuka, despite her sometimes spikey exterior, was actually quite the pleasant nurse. She'd walk in at nine in the morning sharp each day, open the curtains, shake Y/N awake, check Y/N's temperature, provide him his meds and water and sit down with him for the day, making polite conversation, bringing him lunch, 'subconsciously' moving her hand or leg on top of Y/N's, sneaking glances at him as he drifted in and out of sleep. He was able to catch up on some of the sleep he was loosing nightly now he was stuck in bed. Asuka still snuck into his room most nights to share the bed, claiming it was a comfort thing and nothing else, which Y/N seemed to accept smugly. She knew he enjoyed it too. Y/N would wake up from nightmares pretty often, resulting in him leaving to grab a drink or pacing around the room for a short while. Asuka felt bad that she couldn't really do much, but he claimed that he had started sleeping better recently, which made her feel better.

Y/N - "What time is it?"

Asuka - "Time for you to shut up and take your meds."

Y/N - "But I don't wannaaaaaaaaaa..."

Asuka - "Don't complain or I'll force them down your throat."

Y/N - "Hehe, is that a promise~?"

Asuka held back her blushes as she gave Y/N his glass of water, selecting the pills he needed to take before cupping them over his mouth and holding his glass to his lips.

Y/N - "I can do this myself y'know..."

Asuka - "I know, but it makes me feel powerful doing it for you."

Y/N - "Yeah yeah."

He drank down his meds and sighed slightly. Asuka placed the glass down and looked at him with a concerned expression.

Asuka - "What's got you all down?"

Y/N - "I hate being bedridden. Makes me feel super useless."

Asuka - "You just essentially single-handedly took down that Angel! You should be proud, you deserve the rest."

Y/N - "What's got you all... up?"

Asuka - "Huh?"

Y/N - "You seem in a really good mood. All this time spent with me rubbing off on you, huh?"

Asuka rolled her eyes at him, but he was totally right. Being able to spend the full day with Y/N while caring and comforting him felt really great.

Asuka - "Ugh, you wish. I'm just enjoying the time of work."

Y/N - "How about you get to work on getting some rest yourself? You look awful."

Asuka - "Hey, have some respect!"

Y/N - "Ah, my bad. You look terrible. Honestly, I can handle myself, you should rest up a bit."

Asuka - "I don't think so, you're sitting still. Doctor's orders."

Y/N - "Eh fuck doctor's orders, my order's are for you to lie down and let me take care of you for the day."

Asuka's face grew a deep scarlet. Having Y/N take care of her for the day sounded... really great...

Asuka - "W-Well I... N-NO! You're sitting still!"

Y/N grabs Asuka, flipping her over him and next to him on the bed as she yelps in surprise. With a flash of speed, he dashed out f bed and threw the duvet onto her, gently sitting back down on her legs to restrict her moving. Asuka laughs as he does, playfully swatting at him as he restrains her.

Asuka - "Haha! G-Get off me, y-you weirdo!"

Y/N - "Sorry, can't hear you through all your restlessness. Get settled, I'll make you some tea."

Asuka - "Sure thing, you dork."

Asuka giggled to herself as Y/N walked out of the room, snuggling into the covers as she breathed deeply. This was paradise.

Y/N caught himself smiling as he boiled some water, deciding to make a quick bite to eat for Asuka. As much as he relished in Asuka's care for him, he still cared for her too. When she had her mind set on something, it was hard to sway it another way. Often to her detriment. Honestly, Y/N had no idea how she managed without him before. Quite recklessly, according to Shinji and Misato. He finished making some quick rice dish and pouring two cups of tea, balancing them delicately across his arms as he walked back into his room. Asuka had fallen fast asleep. Y/N laughed lightly as he placed the food and drink down, gently sliding into bed next to her and relaxing. It was early morning but he still felt exhausted from all that nothing he'd been doing.

Misato - "Guys, I'm heading into-"

Misato poked her head around Y/N's door, stopping and smirking intensely as she spies the sight before her. Y/N holds a finger up to his lips as he quietly hops out of bed, closing his door behind him as he turned to look at Misato.

Y/N - "... yes?"

Misato - "When are you gonna fess up?"

Y/N - "Fess up?"

Misato - "Yeah, confess your love for-"

Y/N - "SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH! Shuddup, Misato. You have no idea what you're on about, you've gone senile."

Misato - "Haha, very funny. I can see right though you Y/N, you're head over heels for little miss confidence in there. And it seeeeeeeeems like she may have caught a case for you too, mister~"

Y/N - "Let's not get ahead of ourselves here..."

Misato placed her hands on her hips, smiling smugly at Y/N.

Y/N - "I... don't know if she likes me back..."

Misato punches the air excitedly, smiling and holding back feverish giggles. Y/N covers his own laughs, placing his hands on her shoulders to restrain her.

Y/N - "J-Just don't get any ideas, okay? I've got this."

Misato - "Oooooo, confident~ She likes that, y'know, she told me-"

Y/N - "Alright, off to work you go. And not a word to another soul!"

Misato - "She likes to dance all romantically! Oh, and she likes when you have your hair down all mysterious like- OH, and she's a BIG FAN of your laugh, especially when you get all giggly and-"

Y/N pushes Misato out of the door, shutting it behind her and sighing deeply. Misato was a very caring woman. Especially in business that wasn't hers.

Y/N - "Tsk, what a gossip-"

Misato - "I can hear you, y'know! Grab me my jacket!"

Y/N grabbed her jacket off a nearby chair and flung it out the door, hearing Misato giggle and skip away gleefully.

Shinji - "What was that all about?"

Y/N - "Oh morning. Just... Misato shenanigans."

Shinji hums in understanding as he walks into the kitchen, pouring himself a drink.

Shinji - "What are you doing walking around? I assumed Asuka would've wrestled you back into bed by now."

Y/N - "I demanded I take care of her for a day and she's fallen asleep on my bed already."

Shinji - "I'm guessing she didn't put up much of a fight."

Y/N - "She did...n't actually, what makes you say that?"

Shinji gives Y/N a look that said a thousand words. Mostly "Are You Actually Stupid" mixed with "I Think You're Actually Stupid".

Shinji - "Because she's obsessed with you?"

Y/N - "O-Obsessed? Come off it, Shinji."

Shinji - "I don't know what game of denial you're playing but I guarantee you she'd rather you get right to the point."

Y/N - "What point? What are you on about?"

Shinji - "... and I thought you were smart."

Y/N - "What's that supposed to mean?"

Shinji - "Jesus Y/N, listen."

Shinji puts down his drink, holding Y/N by the shoulders and looking at him.

Shinji - "Asuka clearly likes you. You clearly like her. She will be too prideful, in denial or nervous to ask you. You should ask her."

Y/N turns a deep crimson as he avoids eye contact.

Y/N - "Well that's easier said than done-"

Shinji - "Just go in and ask. If you can take down Angels, you can tell some girl you like her."

Y/N - "That's the thing, she's not some girl..."

Y/N walks away from Shinji, double checking Asuka was still asleep. Sure enough, splayed out on his bed, Asuka was snoring away peacefully.

Y/N - "She's... she's her. God, that sounds so corny."

Shinji - "It does. But hey, you care about her. Nothing corny about that."

He taps Y/N on the shoulder as he returns to his room, drink in hand.

Shinji - "Just think about it, yeah?"

Shinji shuffles off to his room, leaving Y/N alone in his thoughts. Maybe he could just... go out and say it. Yeah, can't be too hard. Y/N marches into his room, getting ready to confess. This is it! HERE WE GO!

And he stops himself, pacing around the room as he feels his heart beating out of his chest. Ugh, maybe this... was gonna be harder than he thought.

Alright, deep breaths, here we go!

Y/N - "A-A-A... a-a-a.. s-suuuu... k-ka? Asuka?"

She stirred in her sleep slightly, rolling over to where she was now facing him.

Y/N - "Wow you're cute... uh... A-Asukaaa?"

No response. Then again, Y/N was speaking in a hushed whisper. Y/N clears his throat and leans in a bit closer to Asuka.

Y/N - "Susu~?"

Asuka shoots awake, her eyes flickering around before landing on Y/N. She yawns lazily, twisting around so that she can look at him better, her shirt loosely falling off of her shoulders exposing the bra strap beneath. Y/N fought every urge in his body to not look.

Asuka - "Wassup, something happen?"

Y/N - "I uh- n-no I... uh..."

Asuka eyes him wearily.

Asuka - "Something wrong? C'mon, out with it already!"

Y/N - "I... uh... made you... tea..."

Asuka - "Oh, thanks."

She sits up, grabbing one of the nearby cups as Y/N sits down on the bed, mentally kicking himself. Damnit, he couldn't say it. It's fine, he has plenty of time-

Asuka - "Something on your mind?"

Y/N - "Nope, nothing, nothing on my mind. As always, haha..."

Asuka giggles as she pushes herself up in his bed a bit more, settling back down in the sheets.

Asuka - "Don't have to tell me twice. What's the plan for the rest of the day?"

Y/N - "For you? Relax. I'm gonna... I dunno actually, I'll find something to do."

Asuka nervously sinks deeper into the covers, hiding her blush slightly as she nervously taps her teacup.

Asuka - "Would you wanna... relax w-with me? N-NOT THAT I-"

Y/N - "I'd love to. That sounds great."

Y/N tucks himself into bed, trying not to brush against Asuka too much. She also settled down a bit more, slightly edging towards Y/N. He noticed. Y/N slightly budged towards her in response, to the point where they were brushing shoulders.

Y/N - "Drink up Susu."

Asuka - "U-Uh... I forgot about that... name..."

Y/N - "Are you sure you like it? You seem to hate it."

Asuka - "N-No, I do like it. I'm just... I've not been given a nickname before..."

Y/N - "Would it make you feel better if you give me a nickname?"

Asuka - "I gave you one ages ago!"

Y/N - "What, "Idiot"? Is it too much to ask for a new one?"

Asuka - "F-Fine, how about... I dunno, Spark?"

Y/N - "You're gonna call me Spark?"

Asuka - "WELL I DUNNO GIVE ME A BETTER OPTION!"

Y/N laughs at Asuka's defence. He loved it when she got all flustered.

Y/N - "I can fuck with it. Sure, "Spark". And "Sparky" when you're taunting me, how's that sound?"

Asuka - "Hehe, much better."

They fall into comfortable silence, gently brushing shoulders and sipping tea. It felt like they were dating... well, Y/N didn't want to get ahead of himself. But sitting here with Asuka? It was like paradise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 232 32
As NERV was being raided the Human Instrumentality project was activated, it seemed as if humanity was going to be fused into one, until Shinji Ikari...
14K 175 21
Tsukasa Tenma was in the hospital for nearly half of his life, growing up friendless and very shy. His father has always belittled and dejected him...
14K 376 23
akito finds himself falling deeper and deeper into depression picking up unhealthy coping mechanisms along to way. after a suicide attempt everything...
1.2M 71.2K 145
[Check my profile for the new version of this story!!] [This is so... I wrote this when I was 16 😭] [KnY Various x Isekai!Reader] If you're honest w...