Pain Always Comes After Happi...

By ShatteredOJ

After Jake Sterling loses his 8 of his friends, he begins to act differently. He doesn't get sleep, he gets s... More

Chapter 1- This Wasn't Supposed To Happen
Chapter 2- An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 3- A Strange Day
Chapter 4- A Strange Night
Chapter 5- Not The Truth
Chapter 6- The Truth
Chapter 7- Alone In The Rain
Chapter 8- Just A Dream
Chapter 9- Pain Always Comes After Happiness
Chapter 10- Look At What You've Gotten Yourself Into
Chapter 11- I Want To Go Home
Chapter 12- 2 On 2 Hallucinations
Chapter 13- November Snow
Chapter 14- Jake..?
Chapter 15- I'm Right Here
Chapter 16- I'll Get Us Out Of Here
Chapter 17- Hold On
Chapter 18- Finally Free
Chapter 19- Void of Nothingless
Chapter 20- Separated From Feeling Okay
Chapter 21- Broken Daisy Petals
Chapter 22- Regretfully Insane
Chapter 23- Insanity Got To The Flower
Chapter 25- I forgive you :)
Chapter 26- I Can't Imagine Life Without You
Chapter 27- I Can't Stand It
Chapter 28- Goodbye
Thank you...

Chapter 24- Unexpected News????

506 10 25
By ShatteredOJ

If you are new to this- Please go read the other parts to understand the following! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H: " In this room... "

M: " What's in it? "

H: " Find out. "

Milly opens the door Hailey showed her. And instead of seeing something happy and all, she saw the complete opposite.

M: " ZANDER?! "

L: " Shh.. Not so loud. " Luke quickly and surely put his index finger up to his lip when he said that.

M: " Luke.. "

L: " It's going to be okay Milly.. "

H: " Oh.. Shannon is calling me. I'll step out for a minute. "

M: " Of course, it's always at times like this. "

H: " She's a Mother. It's like she knows or something. " She sarcastically says as she walks out of the room.

M: 1...2...3...4...5...(and so on)

- Hailey enters back in the room several minutes later -

H: " I gotta go. Since I didn't check in the house I have to now. "

M: " Ughh! Fine just go! "

...

M: " Oh by the way, you took 198 seconds. "

H: " Shut up. " She walks out as she says this.

M: " Now that she's gone. Mind explaining why their parents don't know about this? "

L: " Oh they do. "

M: " Why aren't they here? "

L: " They didn't want Bethany to find out. "

M: " She's gonna find out eventually. Like, what if Zander dies? Boom, she finds out. "

L: " Please don't talk about Zander dying.. it breaks my heart. "

M: " Whatever. We are all going to eventually. "

L: " Milly.. "

M: " Alright Alright you stopped me. I'm done. "

- Hailey's Arrival At Her Home :3 -

H: " I'm home~! "

S: " Hailey! How is your Brother? "

H: " He's doing fine. "

S: " Has he woken up yet? "

H: " It's been less than 24 hours, no he didn't wake up. "

S: - sigh - " Yeah, you're right. None of us are surprised about that. But we are all still in shock at what happened yesterday. "

...

S: " Oh right. Your Father and I are going to visit him. Can you please babysit Beth while we are gone? "

H: " Of course I will. I might as well bring her over to Jake's house because I'm supposed to be watching over his brother too. "

S: " That's where you've been, huh? "

H: " I kinda needed a break from coming here, and didn't want to tell you where I was. I was being stupid. "

S: " Well you didn't, that's all that matters. "

H: " Oh, when you leave, can you put this next to Jake? "

The tealed hair girl took a piece of paper out of her pocket and handed it to her Mother.

H: " I forgot to hand it to him earlier and I would really appreciate it if you put it on his side desk. "

S: " Sure, dearest. "

She looked to be getting tensed up.

S: " Michael hurry up! We don't have time to waste! Our son could be dying at any moment and you're taking your sweet sweet time! "

M: " I'm coming I'm coming! " He says as he enters the room.

S: " Good now let's go. "

H: " Goodbye oldies. "

Once Shannon and Michael leave, Hailey looks for Bethany, finding her on the couch with her eyes glued on the TV screen. She smiled a bit, seeing her little sister all happy watching the TV without a clue of anything that's going on.. made Hailey happy.

H: " Bethy.. "

Bethany slowly turned her head to look at Hailey, almost in a creepy way. Her eyes were wide open and she had a lollipop halfway in her mouth.

B: " Hailey! "

She appeared to be on a sugar rush. She ran up to Hailey and hugged her.

H: " Do you want to go somewhere? "

B: " Yes! Where where where? "

H: " Jake's house, Bethy. "

The lilac haired girl looked confused for a second. Wasn't her big sister just crying about him last week? She shrugged it off, Jake must've given Hailey her favorite toy back.

B: " Okay. "

- Since this is not very well written, they are at Jakeys house now -

H: " Lia, Milo! I'm back! "

The black haired girl walks into the room. Proceeding to give a look of confusion to Hailey.

L: " Hailey, welcome back! Where is Daisy? Who is this little girl?

H: " Daisy is with Jake right now, who hasn't woken up yet. And this is Bethany, she's my little sister. Dad and Shannon wanted to see Zander, so I'm stuck with her from now on. "

L: " So we're babysitting two kids now? Perfect, Milo needs a friend right about now. "

H: " Where is Milo? "

L: " He fell asleep, he was crying pretty hard. "

H: " Understandable. Okay Beth, you're gonna be staying here until Mommy gets back ok? "

Bethany nods at that. She is currently clinging onto her sister's hand.

- With Luke, Shannon, and Michael -

L: " And that's all I got from it.. "

S: " Luke dear, you watched all of that? "

L: " Yeah. Zoey was the one driving the car. Jake was trapped in it, Zander ran in front of the car attempting to get into the forest. He didn't see the car, it was going full speed so it wasn't there one second, and there the next. "

Shannon put her hand to her heart

S: " Poor Alex. "

L: " What about Jake? He was involved too. "

S: " I didn't know you guys still cared for him? "

L: " The whole drama thing was just a misunderstanding I'm sure. "

S: " Oh I guess he hasn't woken up to explain himself yet. "

L: " All I know is that Sean forgives him and knows what happened. He just said Jake's wish was to explain himself. "

S: " Speaking of Jake.. Hailey wanted me to drop off a note for him. I'll be right back. "

She walks out of the room, looking at the room numbers as she goes. Until she finally reaches Jake's room.
(Still with Luke and Michael)

Luke holds Zander's hand in his. Desperately hoping for some sign he's okay. He can't lose his boyfriend, he can't. In that same minute, a doctor enters the room with a clipboard and a paper on it. He speaks very comforting, but loudly.

D: " I have some news about Alexzander Wickham? "

L: " Yes? Is it good or bad? "

D: " Good and bad news. Good news first. We originally thought he wasn't going to make it. "

Luke's eyes light up.

L: " So he's going to live? Yes! He's going to live he's going to live! "

He gives himself a mini-celebration and kisses Zander's hand. And then he realizes something... There was still bad news. What was it? Did he lose his memory? Did he break bones? Did he get a serious life-changing injury?

L: " What's... the bad news? "

D: " We're afraid he's fallen into a coma. But unlike most patients, we don't actually know when he's waking up. It could be days, weeks, months... years. "

Luke's eyes widened at this. He can't live without Zander for months let alone years.

L: " Zander... "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1,218

Total Word Count: 43,889

A/N: Holy crap 5 weeks! I am so sorry qwq

This chapter had to be short. I had nothing for this chapter, but the next chapter >:D

THANKS FOR 10.1K READS YESSSSSS

LAST TIME WE WERE AT 7.4K??? HUH-

I missed PACAH so much 🥲

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 392 36
This takes place after ep.9 so ep.10 has not been released yet by @rosyclzy. Band competition, romance, friendship. The band forgives Jake for what...
4.6K 162 8
This takes place after Zoey leaked the audio to the whole school. All she wanted, and expected was for Jake to be bullied and brought back to what ha...
5.9K 129 26
I haven't seen much tmf x reader stories especially not inserts so I'm making this, also the reader probably won't have any romantic relationship wit...
9.3K 261 39
Drew has always been in love with Jake, but Drew was oblivious to his own feelings. He couldnt Express happiness or sadness very well. But as time go...