Living with 17 Players

By Surfer_Swimmer

All Janetta Robinson wanted to do was play Football and be happy. That all changes when she must move to Col... More

Meet the Families
Chapter 1: An Accident
Chapter 2: Moving On
Chapter 3: Meeting Everyone
Chapter 4: Dinner with a Side of Halo
Chapter 5: Yes, Girls Actually Run
Chapter 6: Drills for Days
Chapter 7: What's for Dinner?
Chapter 8: Just Dance
Chapter 9: Dylan the Hulk
Chapter 10: Shadow Racing
Chapter 11: Taco Shells and Emails
Chapter 12: Prayin' to Yesus
Chapter 13: Picnic and Quads
Chapter 14: Pancakes and Hawks
Chapter 15: Practice with a Foreign Language
Chapter 17: Tryouts
Chapter 18: Movie Night
Chapter 19: Back to School Shopping
Chapter 20: Suprise!
Chapter 21: A Miracle In 3 Quarters
Chapter 22: Walking with The Gods
Chapter 23: Lakeland Loss
Chapter 24: Shark Week has Began
Chapter 25: His Story in History
Chapter 26: Almost Perfect

Chapter 16: Facetime with the Grandparents

4.4K 176 23
By Surfer_Swimmer

Janetta's POV

I pulled on a pair of sweats and a championship shirt than let my hair stay down so it can dry out faster. I walked over to my desk when the computer screen flashed my grandparents faces asking that they wanted to FaceTime.

Did they even know how too? I ask myself but click the green accept button anyways.

"Oma! Opa! I haven't seen you in forever! I say in German of course (because they only speak German and no English if they can) as their live picture shows on screen.

"Hi little J." Opa replies in German

"Hello Sweetheart!" Oma replies along and puts on her biggest smile.

"How have you been enjoying your stay with the Meyers?" Opa asks before I hear a light knock on the door.

"Come in." I say, in English, and look to the door as Mason enters in a pair of gym shorts and that's it. Showcasing his six pack right in front of my grandparents

"Hey." I say and smile as he enters

"Hey." He replies with a grin before coming over to my desk.

"Who is that attractive young man?" Grandma asks in German and I turn back to them as Mason just looks to us with pure confusion on his face.

"Grandma and Grandpa, meet Mason." I say in German and Mason perks up at the sound of his name.

"Mason, meet my grandparents. Oma and Opa." I say in English gesturing to the computer.

"Hello Mason, is my granddaughter behaving herself well down in Colorado?" Opa asks Mason in her best English.

"Oh no sir, in fact I think she is quite the opposite." He says jokingly and they all laugh while I smile.

"We knew she would always get herself into trouble somehow." Oma says and they all laugh again as I join in, my cheeks burning red.

"It was nice to meet you, Oma and Opa." Mason says and smiles at me before looking at me. "And for you. You need to shape up." He says in a whisper before waving at the computer one last time to my grandparents than leaving the room. Closing the door after he's departure.

"He seems like a nice boy." Oma says, speaking in German again.

"Yes, he is. They all take very good care of me here." I reply and Opa smiles

"That's good to hear little J." He says calling me a nickname that I haven't heard in forever.

"So how is everything in Germany going?"

"Say it properly!" Oma says. Trust me when I say if you say something wrong I. German. My family doesn't think it's cute. They tell you to fix the mistake along with telling the whole thing again.

"How is Duetschland operating?" I say correcting myself

"Sufficient." Oma says shortly and I decide to move on. It's best not to wake the sleeping bear of German politics with my grandparents.

"Very well. What else is new back home?" I ask

"It's been nice here in Oldenburg. Now that summer is coming to an end the tourists are finally dwindling in numbers. Your grandfather can finally take out the boat and go fishing in peace without running into some foreigner."

"That's true. Now I can take the little fisher out for an enjoyable time." Grandpa interrupts before letting Grandma talk again.

"I joined a knitting club just a few weeks ago so don't be to surprised when a large box arrives from Duetschland." She says proudly before continuing. "And the dogs are doing well. Geert was playing in the woods yesterday and was covered with ticks. Luckily we got them all off and gave him a bath to prove it. Carolyn was just frolicking through the flowers and couldn't stop sneezing with all the pollen in her nose." "It was quite funny to see the two opposites and how they play with each other." Grandpa interrupts again as Grandma just sits there in a face of laughter as well, recalling the past events of the dogs behavior.

"Then we had a nice dinner out in town with our neighbors the Rudolfs. Remember them, sweetie? They have the son about your age that plays fútbol. He's really cute with the brown hair and the bright green eyes." Grandma abscesses over their neighbors son as I just shake my head.

"Oma!" I reply as Opa shakes his head along with me. I hear a buzzing sound and look over to my phone.

It was Evan.
Dinners ready.

I picked up my phone and reply
This will take awhile. Could you just put in the fridge and I'll be down before Midnight. 😉

I send the message than turn back to the computer where Oma is still obsessing over the Rudolf's son.

"I think if you should come to Deutschland for Winter Break." Opa suggests and Oma nods her head.

"Than you can meet Matthew!" Oma screams and claps her hands excitedly.

"Ok Oma. But school is already starting here in America." I say and she frowns

"Well. You can just skip school to come see us for the Winter." She says

"Oma! I can't do that! What would my parents think if I skipped school?" I reply to her suggestion.

"You're right. Than us andd Matthew will have to wait." Oma says and pouts like a two year old and I just chuckle at her maturity level.

"What time is it there?" I ask looking at the clock hanging on my wall.

"2:30." Opa replies and my jaw almost drops to the floor. I know their 8 hours ahead of me in Colorado but that means they stayed up to talk with me. And my grandparents have a very strict sleeping schedule so this is definitely a momental moment.

"You mean you're staying up to talk with me?!?" I say

"Yes. We haven't seen or heard from you since the funeral and we decided it was time to talk with our little J." Opa days and Oma agrees.

"Wow guys. This is a monumental event." I say and we all laugh

"Alrighty. I guess it's time for me to go." I say as my stomach rumbles.

"Was that your stomach?" Oma asks

"Uh, yeah. I had practice today and after I showered you guys called." I said sheepishly.

"Well don't lest us stop you honey from eating. I know how much us woman like food." Oma says and we both laugh as Opa just nods his head.

"Sounds like a plan. It was great to talk with you Oma and Opa. I hope we can talk again soon!" I say and they smile

"You too honey. And don't you dare lose your German! Practice it at least once a day." Opa says sternly and I nod in understanding.

"Yes sir." I reply and they both smile again

"Bye sweetheart. Love you very much." They say in unison and I wave goodbye pressing the big red button at the bottom of the screen. I get up from my desk and walk downstairs ready to eat a horse.

"There's the bilingual beauty." Mason says coming up behind me and whispering into my ear making a shiver run down my spine and a blush creep into my cheeks.

"Hey bad thrower." I reply after I get over the fact of how close we are.

"Hey! I got better today!" He pouts with mock pain as my stomach rumbles again almost shaking the whole house.

"Well someone's hungry." Nick replies from the couch

"That's damn right." I reply and head over to the kitchen opening the fridge

"We had beef and broccoli." Mason replies sitting at the counter as I grab the white bowl out of the fridge and popping it in the microwave.

"Sounds delicious." I say as the microwave goes off meaning my dinner is ready. I grab the hot bowl and place it on the counter before I burn myself and head over to the utensil drawer grabbing a fork.

"Do you need some soy sauce?" Mason asks getting some from the fridge.

"Yeah thanks." I say before sitting on a high top chair and starting into my dinner. Mason hops on a chair as well and sits right next to me. The beef and broccoli was really good surprisingly, the beef was nicely marinated and the broccoli wasn't soggy. Plus they added rice that gave a nice carb touch.

"You're grandparents seemed nice." Mason says after I took a few bites of my meal.

"They said the same." I replied and took another bite.

"Thanks again.... For, you know. The help, today." Mason says after a few moments of silence

"No problem. But it's you turn to help me tomorrow." I say taking yet another bite of this amazing dinner.

"Your going to make it. I guarantee it." Mason says and I smile looking to him.

"Are you positive?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Double Negative." Mason smirks than takes my empty dishes to the sink, rinsing them off than placing them in the dishwasher.

"Thanks." I say kinda of surprised by his actions.

"No problem." He replies and we walk together over to the living room where EVERYONE is sitting. I mean every Meyer boy is sitting. Mason finds room in between Kyle and Robert as I sit on the floor with Spencer and Xavier. Their watching AFV and laughing at all the funny fails.

I think I fell asleep in between Xavier and Spence just laughing at the funny fails.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys!

First off THANK YOU SO MUCH for all comments and votes. It means a lot to me that you guys are enjoying my story. I hope to be updating more frequently with summer coming close.
Second, I have some more ideas for the story line but I want to hear what you guys want to read in the story. So any ideas between Mason and Janetta? Or how about football tryouts? (FYI I will tag you if I use your idea)

Let me know!

Comment
Like
Enjoy!

@Surfer_Swimmer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222 0 23
She was a shy naive girl when everyone first met her or so they thought. After that first day of school they start to notice that she's different the...
1K 146 32
And we're back to the living hell-aka school. Senior year. Emily has only been back for 1 week and has already fallen for the new guy but how will sh...
11.7K 344 30
When Emily Winstead moves into a new town she's ready for a fresh start, but little did she know that she moved next door to the start football playe...
211 17 18
A girl named Emma moved from her hometown in Canada to Montana , at her old school she played on the football team, she also loves to dance,She loved...