Sky Sorceress: Savior of Exah...

By MeldingUmbra

This is a remake of Sky Maiden Savior of Exahelm Art cover by Stestylius A whole new country, far above the c... More

Chapter 1: The Sky Sorceress
Chapter 2: I can see it! Hahlos attacks!
Chapter 3: Country in the Sky
Chapter 4: Onward to Exahelm!
Chapter 5: Izanagi
Chapter 6: Separation! Already in Danger!
Chapter 7: The Tenhei
Chapter 8: Exploring Exahelm
Chapter 9: The Weight She Carries
Chapter 10: Realization
Chapter 11: Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 12: Somber Sky
Chapter 13: Day of the Festival!
Chapter 14: The Rescue Plan
Chapter 15: Adapt or Struggle
Chapter 16: Desperate Plan of Action
Chapter 17: Argus VS Gajeel
Chapter 18: To Repay the Debt! Juvia VS Torian
Chapter 19: Arya VS Twin Dragon Slayers
Chapter 20: Empty Halls of Exahelm Castle
Chapter 21: Ice Cold Anger! Stark VS Gray
Chapter 22: Exahelm's Ugliness! Sync VS Lucy
Chapter 23: While We Wave Our Marks
Chapter 24: Two Hours
Chapter 25: True Loyalty! Hahlos VS Erza and Jellal
Chapter 26: The Determination of Two Girls
Chapter 27: Hahlos' Past! The World Below
Chapter 28: The Birth of Exahelm's Guardian
Chapter 29: Bearing the Pain
Chapter 30: The Sky God's Return
Chapter 31: To Save or To Destroy
Chapter 32: Stand Against Peace
Chapter 33: Strike the Heavens
Chapter 34: A Free World
Chapter 35: Izanagi VS Team Natsu

Prologue: The Light Dims

68 2 0
By MeldingUmbra

Author's Notes

A while back I wrote the story Sky Maiden Savior of Exahelm.

While the reception seemed to be positive, I was looking back and was feeling dissatisfied with most of the story. I mean I flat out got Wendy's title incorrect (Sky Maiden is Chelia's). I feel like certain characters weren't utilized well enough (or flat out out of character) and the main villain was pretty weak. There's several other factors but those were my main issues.

I decided to re-do the story, I don't usually write fanfics but I did enjoy most of my time writing the original story despite my issues with the overall narrative.

I hope you enjoy this remake!

Disclaimer but if it wasn't obvious enough I do not own Fairy Tail and all the rights belong to their original owners.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*H-HACK COUGH*

Loud coughing echoed throughout a large white castle. The hacks and coughs belonged to an individual who appeared to look like a man with withered out skin and sunken eyes. His skin looked almost to the point of turning to dust while his head was nearly bald with only some strings of white hair. His body resembled a mummy but he was still clearly alive.

He was laying in a king sized bed in a large bedroom. There were two long windows in between on the bed with a long red carpet in front of the bed leading out of the room. The walls were white while flags hung all over the room which had a halo symbol with white wings on them. The man continued to let out loud coughs that made it seem like he was unable to breath.

"Master..." Another man who stood by the bed was looking down on his dying master. He was a tall man with long teal hair and sharp purple eyes. His left eye had a sun symbol over it with a necklace around his neck that had a star shaped crystal on the end. His attire was teal armor and steel blue boots. The most noticeable thing was his large white wings and halo above his head, resembling an angel.

He looked down at his so-called master while he held his own forehead. "I don't get it, how did I not see this...?"

"Close the windows Hahlos! It's too bright!" The old man ordered as the bright light shined through the entire room. Hahlos walked on over and slowly closed the curtains on each window. He peeped out the window for a moment seeing busy streets covered in cloudy like substance. Right before he shut the curtains, the angel spotted a small hole beginning to form on the cloudy surface.

"Master, please do not speak." Hahlos sighed as he slowly looked back at his decrepit master. He held his face and slowly slid it down. He went and took a seat on one of the chairs and folded his arms together. "It's been getting worse by the weeks...And those holes seem to be forming more frequently as of late."

"H-Hahlos...*COUGH* Y-you kn-ow I can't *HACK* go out like this..." The old man reminded, slowly turning his head towards him.

"I'm well aware master..." Hahlos sighed, he looked down on the floor before standing up. He placed one palm on his chest and stood tall. "Please, will you allow me to fulfill the idea I suggested weeks ago? I am aware of the risks but we are running out of options."

The old man stared at Hahlos for a moment before turning away from him before letting out a grunt, followed by a couple light coughs. "...Very w-well."

The tall angel smiled before bowing slightly. "Thank you my lord, I won't disappoint you." He began to walk towards the door before turning towards his master one last time. "I swear our light will not burn out, you *will* be revived." He declared before leaving the room and slowly closing the door to prevent creaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hahlos walked through a long hallway in deep thought. The castle hallways were completely empty, no guard in sight. The only noise made was the clanking of the angel's boots.

The castle walls were white with blue streaks near the floor and ceiling. Many doors were shut because they weren't occupied. Despite this there was one room that bears noise. Hahlos approached a small wooden door in which he heard chatter behind it. As he turned the doorknob his eyes suddenly flashed blue.

The angel smiled as he entered the room. It was a medium sized dining room with a large round wooden table in the center. 7 chairs were around the table as 5 of them were occupied by other figures. Before Hahlos could say a word, he took a step to the side as a small girl attempted to land on him.

*SMACK*

The girl landed on her face which got the attention of everyone in the room.

"Oh, Hahlos. You've returned." A middle aged woman greeted. She wore a black suit with blue buttons alongside long black pants and blue heels. She had a monocle on one of her green eyes. Her hair was long and grey as she brushed it away from her eyes. She had her medium sized wings folded neatly behind her back.

"Apologies for the delay, Arya." Hahlos apologized before looking down as the small girl stood up and shook her head. She glared with her red eyes at the tall angel with puffy cheeks.

"Jeez bro! I swear I'll get you one day!" The girl placed her hands on her hips. Her hair was yellow and tied in a pigtail. She wore a long sleeved black shirt and black skirt with yellow stripes. The most noticeable thing about her was she carried a large scythe which was strapped behind her back. She walked back towards her seat with her sandals making tapping noises and arms crossed. Her small wings still sticking out, Hahlos chuckled slightly at her behavior.

"I don't get why you keep trying, Sync. You should know you won't be able to catch him by surprise." A slender man rolled his sharp blue eyes as he adjusted his glasses below a horizontal scar on his forehead. He wore a white tuxedo with a long blue tie. His pants were white as well with black shoes. His hair was grey and spiky but the most noticeable part of him was his unusually thin wings, not many feathers on them.

The man looked at Hahlos as the tall angel took a seat and gave a worried expression. "I guess his condition isn't getting any better?" He asked.

"Your perception is always correct, Stark." Hahlos compliments before crossing his arms. "At this rate, we may lose our light..."

"HA HA HA!" Abruptly, a larger man began laughing. He wore no shirt, showing off his tan and muscular body, but had a small red vest around his shoulders. He also wore dark brown pants with beat up brown boots. His wings were quite wide to the point that even when folded they took up a lot of space.

"What's so funny, you damn fool!" Stark glared. The large man scratched his chin which had brown hair all over it which led to his bushy brown hair at his head. He also wiped tears of laughter from his dark green eyes.

"You are all so negative! Come on now! We can get through this!" He smiled brightly.

"You're always so optimistic." Hahlos complemented.

Stark rolls his eyes before murmuring "Frankly he should start thinking more realistically..." which caused Sync to giggle.

"At any rate, you should keep it down, Argus." Arya advised. "You don't want to wake the master up don't you?"

"Oh, heh heh. Right, my bad." Argus apologized before taking a swig of beer he brought in.

"At any rate, master Hahlos sir. Have thee thought of any way to rid of this crisis?" Another large man inquired. He was more obese but wore armor similar to Hahlos'. However the chest of the armor beared the same halo symbol found throughout the castle. He had blue eyes with a long mustache that pointed upward, resembling tusks. His knight's helmet covered most of his head but the mustache pokes out to the point he has to keep the face cover open. His wings were average size.

"Actually Balrus..." Hahlos smirked before folding his hands on the table and leaning forward. "I have."

"Oh really? I can't wait to hear this, hehehe~" Another tall angel cackled. His hair was blue and spiky, resembling the fins of a fish. His attire was similar to a sailor, a sleeveless white shirt with a blue tie and long white pants. He laid his feet on the table which wore white shoes. He was smiling widely, showing his sharp teeth and bright green eyes with a scar below his pointy nose. His wings were rather small but the feathers were quite thick.

"Get your filthy shoes off the table already, Torian!" Stark sneered. Torian was very quick to comply.

Hahlos sighed for a moment before looking at Arya. "It seems we have no other choice." He said which caused the woman's eyes to widen.

"...Are you sure about this, Hahlos?" Arya double checked.

"Oh? Were you two discussing a secret plan?!" Sync stood up, placing her hands on the table.

Everyone in the room was eyeing Hahlos, awaiting what he had in store, the tall angel cleared his throat before saying "There is another, who bears strikingly similar magic to our lord."

"Wait really?" Argus raised an eyebrow as he placed his palm on his mug and leaned forward. "I don't remember meeting anyone here who would have such magic..."

"I'm not talking about one of our own..." Hahlos then pointed downward. "There is an individual in the world below." Everyone else besides Arya gasped in unison.

"I thought you were specifically ordered to ignore those land-dwellers, Hahlos." Stark interjected. "It's against the law to meddle at all down there."

"I received the blessing from our lord himself to enact this plan." Hahlos folded his arms.

"Hahlos brought up the possibility to me not too long ago." Arya explained. "However even with my Intellect I wasn't able to get completely accurate information."

"The only information we could find was that she bears the title 'Sky Sorceress.' Given her magic uses air, much like our lord." Hahlos elaborated.

"Who does she think she is huh?!" Torian scoffed. "Having a title like that, she's never been here!"

"So are you suggesting we invite a land-dweller here?" Stark chided as he slammed his fist on the table. "I don't approve of this!"

"B-but Starky..." Sync rubbed the back of her head. "What about the master?"

"Master Hahlos...sir..." Balrus puzzled. "How exactly will thee obtain this sorceress? The land below has lower Ethernano, are thou suggesting we go down there?"

"I will go down there alone." Hahlos bluntly stated.

"W-what?!" Sync exclaimed. "Will you be ok, big bro?"

Hahlos simply smiled as he pointed to his eyes. "Do not worry, as I can still see all." Hahlos then stood up and spread his arms out. "And I can see the Sky Sorceress' blessing reviving our land's light."

"Well, can we at least get a name for this Sky Sorceress fella?" Argus requested.

Hahlos then looked at Arya before she adjusted her monocle. "I was able to get a name, which is..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.6K 1.6K 29
Formally featured on Ambassador's Japan ベストアニメファンフィクションEN read list It was just a simple case of being at the wrong place Natsu was killed on a mi...
35.7K 757 20
After Natsu is struck by a mysterious spell on a mission something strange happens...he turns into a dragon. But not your normal dragon a baby one. O...
79.5K 1.8K 20
You are a fire mage with unusual fire magic. You make the fire take shape and smell and taste like different things. (For example you can make a fire...
2.1K 36 32
Art cover by Stestylius A city of angels, unknown to the human world. When their God is in near death, a man named Hahlos, who posses the ability to...