déjà vu - KOTLC

By A_mesmer_246

Hi everyone! I will be writing this in my free time (which will be super spreed out, sorry) its takes place... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Not a chapter! Chapter #
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
A/N... Oops (IMPORTANT!)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 49

161 5 8
By A_mesmer_246

So sorry about the wait everyone! :)

Brunne/ Kenric's POV:

They know...

Everyone's eyes were burning into him as he stood over Grady. A force-field began to flicker around him and Grady. Grady. Sophie. all her friends. right in front of him. Staring...

Fintan's snicker snapped him out of his thoughts and sent him stumbling. That only made him laugh harder. the bright orange flames sparkled and danced in the silvery field. the same flames that haunted him. the same flames that killed him... He quickly took his gaze away from them and glanced at the people around him. all of them seemed so shocked...

Kenric couldent blame them... he did die after all.
But they didn't know he was back... they didn't understand how he came back.

His gaze fell on Sophie. Her hand was white in Fintan's grip, her soft brown eyes were wet with tears. Her mouth opened and closed but no words came out. he tried a small smile on and cleared his throat, trying to snap them out of their daze. trying to snap himself out of his daze.

"You're... thats... this is impossible!" Sophie said, her voice cracking with every word. Kenric winced at her hurt expression. "I... I cant really explain right now. I--"

"Oh id dont think so Mr. "Walking Dead"!" Keefe half screamed from the other side of the field. the silver grass blowed around delicately but no sound came from the motion. Silence swelled through the island. "You need to explain this right now!" Keefe continued after a pause.

"I cant... we need to get out of this first." He said, gesturing to the Everblaze and Sophie's pale hand. Sophie suddenly had a new look of determination on her face. she looked so different... so grown up. Fintan broke the silence once again with a scoff, "And how. exactly, do you plan on doing that? I could do this all day in case you haven't noticed." He said, a crazy look crossing his face. "Fintan!" Gisela barked, sounding irritated and angry. "What in the name of Atlantis do you think your doing! We had an agreement didn't we!? We need to work with each other if we are going to comple--"

"Complete what you want correct? YOU want to enhance your son. YOU want to make him more powerful. YOU want to use him for something we both want. But this is getting way to complicated. Power like this should be in more... capable hands. Not with some trouble starting child!" Fintan said, anger flashing in his fire blue eyes. Gethen positioned himself somewhat close to their forcefeild. Ruy, Alvar, Trix, and Vespera were moving to where Sophie's friends were. Sophie seemed to be fighting something, clenching her jaw tightly in concentration. She was fighting for control over Gethens.

Kenric moved over to where Grady was and helped him up. he gave Kenric a wary look but he also seemed happy to see him alive. Kenric was scared. not just because of Fintan or the Everblaze, although that did send shivers through him as phantom pains from his burns erupted around his body. what he was really scared of was this internal betrayal. He had been scanning the thoughts he could hear from the Neverseen ever since Gisela revived him but he never was able to read Fintans. His mind was to ancient to take a deep dive into and this was not at all part of the plans anyone else knew about as far as he could read. All the members knew certain parts of Giselas plan but never the full thing.
she had made sure to split it up.
It was a very smart system, he couldent doubt that. As far as Kenric knew, Gisela wanted to finish Keefe's stellarlune transformation so she could use him to split up all the treaties, making entire species fall with simple commands. then she was going to topple and split up the Lost Cities in an attempt to cause chaos. After the other species and the Elves were distracted by the chaos she had planed to attack humans, pushing them all around, crushing their militaries and governments and forcing them into condensed groups around the world, expanding the species territory. She wanted to fairly split the world. she wanted to give the other spices more territory rather than humans having the most of it.

Fintan wanted a similar outcome, as far as Kenric could tell. But instead of keeping the humans alive and in a 'sanctuary'... he wanted to watch them and their creations burn. Something happened to Fintan. its what made him so bitter... But it was something Kenric didn't know. but Fintans mind was to deep with memories for him to explore without being caught. He had been caught anyway, by Gethen. Its why he was put in the deep sea prison for so long. no people. no food. just him and a force-field that kept him from drowning and being crushed by the pressure from the midnight zone. He had a lot of time to think down there. He constantly replayed the good times. Dancing in the faint glow of the prisons force-feild, imagining Oralie as he waltzed. He thought about the past. about Elysian. about Prentice. about the council. about Sophie. all the awful decisions he had to make. He remembered constantly regretting things that he couldent even remember because he had locked them into his cache out of fear. He knew Sophie could figure it out though. the fact that she was there was prof of that. but the thing he remembered most... regretted the most... was his death. He remembered the agonizing burn as the Everblaze found him. He had remembered Fintans triumphant gaze. He remembered Fitz's fear and Sophie's determination.
most of all though... he remembered Oralie. he could see her pain and anguish. remembered her broken blue eyes. the eyes he fell for. then as quickly as death had consumed him, he had been pulled back. He remembered the crystal that Gisela held when she revived him, glowing with power he remembered from Elysian. And then Fintan's cruel smile before they locked him away into his first prison.

thought to be dead...

Now he felt like death was crawling its way back to him. Fintan's eyes sparkled as he looked at Gisela's angry face. Kenric quickly grasped Grady's tattered cloak for support. he couldent focus on the past. he couldent think about his hopes. he had to stay in reality. he wished he could tell someone what he knew. Wait... He could! Grady I need you to listen to me! This is not part of Gisela's plan, Fintan's gone rouge! Were all in serious trouble if we dont help Sophie get away. How do we get the ethertine off her? Kenric transmitted quickly.

Right! Glimmer over there, she can get it off! she just has to get close enough to touch it. He thought, an image of a girl Kenric didn't recognize flashed through Grady's mind. She was one of the people under the Psionipath's force-feild.

How do we get her out? their surrounded. Kenric transmitted as he watched the other members. Trix, Alvar, Alina (yes he found out she was part of the Neverseen after reading her thoughts breifly one time. Kenric felt sick that she had replaced him on the council.) Ruy, and Vesprea backed slowly away from the standoff surrounding the force-feilds cautiously.

I dont know... Grady thought sadly.

"My child is perfectly capable--"

"No he isn't! Your deluding yourself into thinking he will cooperate but he wont! I know he wont!"

"Hes right, I wont!" Keefe shouted defiantly. Fintan shot him a cold glare before continuing, "But dont worry Gisela... Ill make sure the plan follows through... But this time, we're doing it my way." He said, a cold glare curling over his lips. His eyes sparkled as dangerously as the Everblaze did.

"Fintan as much as I agree with your plan, what are we meant to do with them? How should this be followed through?" Vespera asked, gesturing to the two force-feilds and the people inside.

"Levrege." He replied simply. "As for following through with the plan, I'm going to make sure the lost cities burn first. We'll move them back to the prison, except for Miss. Foster here who will be helping me out for a little while." He said, smirking.

Sophie scowled, "I wont!"

Fintan laughed, "I'm afraid you dont have a choice dear."

"Your insane!" She sent a pleading look to Gethen and the other Neverseen members, "Please! You know that this is wrong! Its not what you planed for! I know that! Help me stop him before this gets any worse!" She shouted at them. Fintan's glare was sharp enough to kill someone. Sophie didn't seemed to be paying attention to him though. Gethen sighed, turning Fintan's head, "As much as I hate to admit it, shes not wrong." He said.

Fintan's eyebrows shot up in suprise, but then he chuckled, "You can release me if the everblaze is still burning. I'm the only one who can control it." He said.

Kenric suddenly had an idea. Grady you have to make Fintan put out the fire!

I cant do that from in here, we have to get the forcefeild down first without burning up.

Can you signal your Psionipath to let it down?

I can try Grady replied and looked over to the second force-feild.

"This is outrageous!..." Gisela said, starting the argument back up again. Hopefully it will distract them.

Kenric looked over to where Grady was. He seemed to be making a small gesture with his hands towards the force-feild. Kenric checked on Sophie's freind's, but their eyes were on the argument that was circling around. Out of desperation he gave a quick wave when the members all started yelling, hoping they wouldent notice.  Finally someone looked over. it was Wylie, Kenric remembered. Prentice son. He glanced at Kenric first. Kenric quickly gestured to Gradys signal. Wylie nodded quickly in understanding and leaned over to a girl Kenric didn't recognize. She turned her head to look at them. she had a striking resemblance to Wylie and her hands were up so she must be the Psionipath. She saw Grady's signal and nodded. Grady held up three fingers, ready to count down. she moved one of her hands towards their force-field, ready to snap and let it down.

One second, Kenric transmitted, I need to get Sophie's attention and make sure she sees.

Grady gave a subtle nod in response.

When the argument escalated again he waved in Sophies direction, quickly catching her attention. He pointed to Maruca, then Grady, then her. She seemed to get the message and nodded.

Okay, lets go. He transmitted.

3...

"Fintan put out the fires! We need to get them back to the prisons anyway and finish my sons transformation or it will be all for naught!" Gisela screamed.

2...

"I dont care about your sons 'transformation' Gisela! I am in power at the moment! You cant order me around, and if you try again ill send these flames your way!" Fintan shouted back

1...

"I dont think so." Grady said, a smirk playing on his lips. The force field went down that moment. Before Fintan could move his hands Grady had his hand out, pointing towards the Pyrokinetic.  Fintans face twisted into hatred as the flames around Grady and Kenric vanished. the other Neverseen members backed up, fear crossing over their expressions. small beads of sweat appeared on Grady's brow but the next fire surrounding Sophie's freind's went out. Grady groaned slightly, still putting up with Fintan's fight, but Kenric saw his grip on Sophie's hand loosen. She yanked her hand away quickly and backed away, towards Grady and Kenric. As soon as she let go of his hand his eyes started drooping from exhaustion. Grady panted but let his hand down and lunged over to Fintan, hitting him over the head and sending him unconscious.

He seemed angry.
Really really angry. like he wanted to murder Fintan on the spot. but he back away quickly and grabbed Sophie's wrist, sprinting over to where her friends were. Kenric jogged behind them.

The Neverseen seemed to snap out of their daze and started moving quickly. "Don't let them get her circlet off!" Gisela screamed. Alina started sprinting after Kenric and Alvar made it around the force-feild between Grady and Sophie. As soon as the Neverseen spiraled back into action the force-feild was let down and Sophie's friends Sprang into motion. Gethens brow was scrunched in concentration and Sophie stiffened suddenly. as soon as it happened Gradys hand shot out towards Gethen. Gethen gasped as his hands fell to his sides. suddenly Sophie was in motion again, staring in shock. "How--" She started but Grady interrupted her, "Get to Rayni! Quickly! I've got him stuck!" He said to her. She nodded and ran off in the direction of the girl that Grady had mentioned earlier.

Kenric was suddenly knocked to the ground and Alina was standing over him. "Your 'death' was very convenient for me you know. lets see if you can make it out again!" She said. Things seemed to move in slow motion suddenly. Kenric looked over and Saw Rayni tapping Sophie's circlet. The members all screamed "NO!" In unison as a bright flash lit up the silver battlefield. Sophie's ethertine circlet fell to the ground in two pieces. she let out a breath as if she had been holding it for years. Keefe let out a happy cheer, waving his fists in the air triumphantly.

"Alright!" She commanded, a new light sparkling through her eyes as she stood in the shimmering grass. "Lets finish this." She said, smirking. Suddenly red lightning shot out of her forehead! Kenric shrieked as it streaked through the island and crackled around the Neverseen members. Alina was the first one to fall, screaming in pain and falling on to the grass. Ruy got struck next, tumbling on all fours.

"No!" Gisela shrieked as Trix fell next. Gethen stared at the scene in a panicked heap, still frozen by Grady's Mesmer.

Sophie's friend's all whooped as she continued. Alvar went down next, grunting in pain, sweat streaking over his cloths. Gisela backed away, panicking. She stomped her foot in a sloppy pattern. she was trying to call her reinforcements. But nothing happened. she looked around at the ground, glaring when nothing happened. Vesprea started backing away, surprise and fear clouding her eyes. as soon as she started to run she froze. Grady froze her in place before she could leave. he snapped in Gisela's direction to, freezing her as well. he smirked and gave a strained grunt as he held the last three members in place. Sophie, Kenric, and her friends all smiled triumphantly.

"NO!" Gisela screamed out of frustration. Keefe laughed at her anger and ran up to Sophe, crushing her with a hug. her other friends quickly joined the tearful embrace, besides Linh, who was still tending to an unconscious Stina.

"What in the name off Silveny is this!" a familiar voice echoed over the field as a wrinkled man lead what seemed to be a full army of elves.

everyone's heads turned to see a large gathering of people making their way over to the group.

Keefe looked up and laughed, "We've got 11 confused councilors, 9 angry parents, 6 black swans, 4 Alicorn's, and Elwin with his Banshee!"

Sophie laughed at his joke and gave him a quick punch in the shoulder.

"Did i do it right?" He asked with a laugh.

"Yes, yes you did." She replied happily.

I am so sorry everyone for that super slow update. I dont have any excuse other than I wasn't super motivated to write this chapter but once I got into it I could not stop for the life of me! :D

I love this chapter so much and I promise there will be more explanation on what happened to Kenric later, this just felt like a great opportunity to introduce it (And I absolutely LOVE KENRIC and couldn't stand not writing a chapter for him)

I look forward to writing the next chapter but for now I hope you enjoyed this one!

Happy reading!

Word count: 2690

~@A_mesmer_246

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 486 33
(KotLC human au) The girl everyone wants to be: Sophie Foster. But of course, no one knows who she is. All they know her as is the Moonlark. World fa...
146K 2.9K 198
Just a few moments from KOTLC where I wanted things to end differently, some one-shots for ships that didn't make it in my main story, and some chapt...
347K 4.5K 36
A kotlc fan fiction taking place right after Legacy. Caution: CONTAINS A LOT OF SOKEEFE FLUFF! (Completed)
8.7K 200 31
𝐬𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐟𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 (𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞) {CURRENTLY BEING EDITED !!} {𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐓�...