Reverse Hero

By Zapz77

"...Gramps, How come the Villain never wins?" Bell Cranel from a very young age has always wondered this. In... More

BIO
Hello Orario
Murderers
Ais Wellenstein
Abilities
Weapon
Monster Festival
Date
Good Cop
Bad Cop
Messing around
Drinks
Minotaur
Welf Crozzo
Keeping Rakia in Check
Pass Parade
Floor 18
Duel
Killers
Kidnapped
Goliath
Trapped
A Dance of Death
Unsettled
Slaughter
New Members
War Game
New House
Pleasure Quarter
The Hero Cycle
Escape From the Pleasure Quarter
Captured
Battle at the Pleasure Quarter
Trump Card
Fall of Ishtar
Falling apart
Hidden Goals
Hidden Village
Wiene
Information Gathering
Innocent Blood
Logic over Feelings
A Hero Saves the Day
Partner
Trust
Battle With Dix Perdix
The Hypocrite
A Change of Heart
The Gods Prodigy
Ally or Enemy?
Success
Origins of a Monster
Back to the Dungeon
Moss Hue
Underwater Battle
New Nickname
Disgust
Death, the living being
Chased
Lily's Mission
Safe For Now
Coliseum
Alone, Again.
Lies
Ghost
Scheming
Quitters
The Hunt
Planning
Set-up
Freya's Game
Ending a Dumb Game
Back Home
Chaos
First Fallen
Second fallen
Game of Waiting
Goodbye
Hero Vs Villain
The Truth
Two Years Later
Squad 6
Party
The March
Battle with the Dragon #1
Battle with the Dragon #2
Happy

True Instinct

525 23 1
By Zapz77

(Bell POV)

I stood on top of a large building with a flat roof. I was staring at the stars with a hand on my hip. It was only a matter of time before the minotaur came here.

And I already knew, I had no chance of winning. 

The chance of me beating a monster that fought Bete, Tione, and Tiona at the same time was so slim that I didn't even need killer instinct to see it

'Nonetheless, though, I must try,'

If I don't at least put up a fight then my reputation will forever crumble.

Behind me, I then heard a large thump, then a voice

"Bell Cranel,"

He likely jumped all the way up here in one jump. Truly a beast.

"So you can speak. Mikoto said you hadn't said a word,"

"I don't prefer to talk, but from one warrior to another, let's exchange name's before we fight,"

There were probably 4 people who had already seen the black minotaur and were getting others to come over. They weren't close enough to hear the conversation though. To them, it looked like a man and a monster getting ready to face down.

"You already know but Bell Cranel," I said as I drew my Hestia knife and a magic sword. I had a total of 4 magic swords plus my Hestia knife and minotaur knife.

"Asterius," It drew another axe on its hip. The magical one still hung on its back.

I took a deep breath and got into position. I would try not to use killer instinct for as long as possible, I was prepared to let my trump card be known but it was still preferable if I didn't.

Then almost like a flash of light he appeared right in front of me and brought down the axe with such speed it made the air itself quiver.

'Ah, I'm dead,'

I didn't even have time to react but I activated killer instinct as soon as he started to vanish from my sight, but I still wasn't fast enough to entirely dodge the blow.

The blade stopped just short of my neck.

"I see, guess we'll do this then,"

On his weapon he then ripped off one of the sharp edges and threw it to the ground, making it now a normal axe with one sharp side and one blunt side.

Not wanting to waste any time I charged in. I was assessing all possible moves and had to move before he moved a little to dodge.

I eventually got a swing in with my Hestia knife that cut off a little fur, then swiped the ice magical knife across the ground to freeze his feet.

I then went for an attack right to the throat with the Hestia knife, but his eyes seemed like it was watching it all. It was clearly holding back.

I stopped right before I hit his neck and jumped backward to avoid the fist that was about to come at me from the left.

'20 seconds left,' I quickly charged in again as Asterius smiled as he broke out of the ice covering easily

I kept on attacking from the sides and got behind him but even with my muscles being pushed to their max I felt as though he was still only watching me. Like a teacher not going all out on his disciple to see how much he had grown. He was only blocking.

'FASTER!'

My right leg made a slight cracking sound as I launched off the ground at alarming speeds, Asterius seemed surprised since he dodged instead of blocked by ducking down but then he rose his fist the collided with my ribcage as I was above him.

"ACKKK!" I coughed up so much blood and so many of my bones cracked that it felt like my body was burning.

'I can predict how he's going to move...But he's too damn fast to keep up with!'

As I was falling I remembered how I knew that I was going to lose. I still had 10 seconds left before my body gave out.

As I almost hit the roof the blunt side of his axe collided with the side of my body.

"ACK!" I coughed more blood as I tumbled off the roof and landed in the streets.

I continued to cough up more blood and when I looked up I the Asterius jumping off the building and his hooves were about to land right on my stomach.

I rolled over and jumped to another roof that was shorter than the other and tried to adjust my breath.

'5 seconds, last attack,'

He jumped up as well and with all 4 of my magic swords, I slashed them all at once. A wind blade, an Ice blade, a fire blade, and another Wind blade all slashed at Asterius who was still landing at an alarming speed. They all broke right away.

They collided with him and I ran right into the smoke that it created.

'20% chance for no response, 50% for a left hook, 12% for a blunt axe hit, and 18% for a horn attack,'

These were his possible actions. I charged through the smoke the magic swords created but instead of going for the chest I went downward toward his legs.

When I saw him again he was punching the smoke with a left hook. I would have been caught in the attack had I gone that way.

I then with my whole arm pushed to the max sliced my blade into his ankle, and with blood spraying my face, I realized I did it. I had cut off its Hoove.

The minotaur paid it no mind though as he landed on the bloody stump with a howel and turned on it, making the roof stain with an even darker red.

the other hoove cleaved toward me right in my face, knocking me into a wall connecting to the roof.

Then, just like that I lost consciousness.

(Ais POV)

I had just finished my little skirmish with Finn. After a while, he gave up and decided that it wasn't worth it to fight anymore since the Xenos were already likely gone. 

I went to where there was a huge crowd of people, all cheering Bell's name.

I went to a roof nearby and watched the battle.

It was a massacre. Bell was bloodied all over and I could tell that many of his bones were breaking or broken.

'I have to save him,'

As I readied myself someone stepped out from behind me. 

"What do you want, Ottar?"

"...Why don't you just watch? You're curious to see what he can do yes?"

Just then Bell jumped on a building and swung all of his magical swords at the same time, creating a smoke screen along with scratching the minotaur a bit.

"He'll die. You know that as well as I do," I said

"Let him fight,"

He stared right at me as he said that. It was an order, likely from Freya that would demand so much motivation from him.

Using the smoke screen the minotaur missed his punch and Bell went for the legs, he then chopped off one of the Hooves.

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" 

The people let out a cheer, but it seemed like Bell didn't even know they were there. He couldn't see them. It looked as though the only thing he had his attention on was the minotaur, the surrounding area, and himself.

The minotaur then turned around on the hoove that was chopped off and kicked Bell right in the face with his other Hoove.

His eyes rolled back into his head as he hit the wall.

"I'm going. Try and stop me,"

I said that as I started rushing to his side. But Ottar then grabbed my shoulder, he was about to say something but then he let go. 

I ran to Bell's side but then the minotaur spoke despite everyone watching.

"Bell Cranel...How dare you go into this fight thinking you would lose," He was angry "I will not allow you to give out yet, pick up your weapon,"

His Hestia knife that had dropped out of his hand lay on the ground.

"PICK IT UP!" He screamed in anger. 

I didn't know what he was talking about or if it was even true but Bell's body seemed to move. 

he fell out of the wall and stumbled forward. then he leaned backward. He looked like he was about to fall backward but he caught himself and his head flung forward. His eyes portrayed something not human. 

I didn't know what it was, but this...Thing was not Bell Cranel, it was a beast, better yet a monster that perhaps lucked inside him.

He then crouched down, as if ready to tackle the minotaur and it ran...Ran right past the minotaur.

Everyone was left in shock. Bell was running. Running far, far away from this battle.

The minotaur snorted and started to leave with his chopped-off Hoove as if realizing his purpose here was done, but no one stopped him. Everyone was too shocked to see the Hero who had just stood up to this monstrosity had just run away.

(Bell POV)

What...Is happening?

I felt like I was floating, my body felt like a feather. It took me a moment to realize I was running.

'Where to? Why?'

I asked myself this but my body didn't stop. It ran and ran until it was in an ally, far away from anyone. Not a soul in sight. Or at least there shouldn't have been.

My body collapsed but my eyes were barely awake. I wanted to know who was there. Who was it?

The last thing I saw was silver hair fluttering with a slight smile.

(Freya POV)

"I was right. You haven't changed at all Bell,"

He lay unconscious in front of me. I sat on the ground and let his head rest on my lap. I played with his hair as I spoke to no one.

"You ran. I figured you would once you realized you would die. After all, you care more about yourself than anyone right?"

I then noticed something. Despite being Unconcious tears started rolling out of his eyes.

I may have been the first person other than his parents to see him cry. Not that this was a cry from his heart, but his emotions had just bottled up so much to the point where some had to be let out.

I let out a big smile, not one of mockery but one of a loving person that cared for the other.

"Maybe you can't change...But I guess I was wrong when I thought you didn't want to change,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 1.1K 22
Young, lost and naive Bell finds he has taken a wrong turn and is far from the dungeon city. Lucky for him a lone goddess offers her help
170 15 5
Do you ever wondered why the villain is always the bad guy in every story? Ever questioned, '𝘸𝘩𝘺 π˜₯π˜ͺπ˜₯ 𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘺 π˜₯𝘰 π˜ͺ𝘡?' or '𝘩𝘰𝘸 π˜₯π˜ͺπ˜₯ 𝘡...
13.6K 349 18
Bell was always inspired to be a hero since he was a child. Now that he's older, he can carve his path into becoming the last hero Orario needs. Read...
205 14 10
After killing all the gods of the seven. The god of ecredia was punished by the divine being. And yet all he did was just protect his people, so why...