Dating Douchey Dev (Complete)

By mp071105

"Listen to me Pihu, there hasn't been a day in the past week where I haven't thought about you. Your comfort... More

Introduction+Authors Note
1- The Night It All Went Wrong
2- Breaking News
3- Talk of The Town
4- Deal or No Deal
5- First Date
Part 6- Deviii Darling
Chapter 7- Pihu's Boyfriend
Chapter 8- Butterflies
Chapter 9- Cinderella
Chapter 10- Dreamy Kiss
Chapter 11- Compatibility Test
Chapter 12- Party Prep
Chapter 13- What Could Go Wrong
Chapter 14- What Will People Say?
Chapter 15- Pasta With A Side of Marriage
Chapter 16- Anisha's Wrath
Chapter 17- The End?
Chapter 18- Deal Over
Chapter 19- Second Chance
Chapter 20- This Time It's For Real
Chapter 21- She's The Love Of My Life
Chapter 22- Can I Have Your Daughter For The Rest Of My Life?
Chapter 24- Meeting The Parents
Chapter 25- When's The Wedding?
Chapter 26: Beach Of My Dreams
Chapter 27- Married To Douchey Dev
Epilogue

Chapter 23-Engaged To Douchey Dev

1.4K 123 1
By mp071105

Authors POV:

After the stunning proposal, Pihu and Dev leave the theater. 

They meet up with their friends at Dev's house.

"AHHHH! I can't believe you're getting married Di!" Nidha screams as soon as Pihu enters. 

"Congratulations Pihu." Shraddha smiles. They give the lovely couple some warm hugs and make their way over to the living room. 

"Thank you, guys! So glad that you're here." Pihu thanks them all. 

"Aj se you're my bhabhi" Vyom nudges Pihu's shoulder. (From today you're my sister-in-law.)

"Please no! You're older than me Vyom. If you call me bhabhi then I will call you bhai." Pihu warns him. 

"Ok bhabhi" Vyom teases Pihu. 

Everyone laughs as they settle down in the living room. Pihu cuddles with Dev and the rest of the friends tell stories about Dev and Pihu's childhood. 

Suddenly there's a knock on the door and DJ walks in with a cake. "Congratulations Dev sir and Pihu ma'am," He says. 

"Thanks to you too DJ" Dev winks at him. 

Pihu raises her eyebrows in suspicion. "Wait a minute...Did you fool me, DJ?" She interrogates him. 

"I...I.." DJ tries to talk. 

"There was no movie premiere! You didn't forget to tell me!" Pihu exclaims. "I could've had more time to get ready!" She bursts at DJ.

"I'm sorry! I only did what Dev sir told me to do" DJ says defensively.

Pihu turns and pouts at Dev. Everyone around them giggles and Dev puts his arm around Pihu. "You looked breathtaking with an hour to get ready, can you imagine how deadly you would've looked if you took longer? I would've passed away." He whispers in Pihu's ear. 

Before Pihu can retaliate, Vyom interrupts the love birds. "So when is your engagement party?" He asks.

Pihu shrugs her shoulders and looks at Dev. 

"Pihu you have to have an engagement party! Don't rob me of the chance of planning it!" Shraddha backs up Vyom.

The couple goes into deep thought. "I don't know... I have to go to Dubai next week for an AD shoot" Dev says. 

"How about this Saturday?" Nidha questions.

"SATURDAY? That's 5 days from now! How is that possible?" Pihu panics. 

"You don't worry about that. Amraj and CO. have that handled. You just give us a couple of inspirational pictures." Shraddha assures them. 

Everybody gets to work and starts planning for Pihu and Dev's engagement party. 

It seems like a challenging task to do in such a short amount of time but nothing is impossible for the sake of love. 

As Saturday comes closer, everything starts to fall into place. The decorations are ordered, the venue is set and the clothes are tailored. 

This is going to be a magical day. 

--------------------------------------------

Nidha, Shraddha, Vyom, and DJ are all running around getting last-minute changes into place. 

"Shraddha, check up on bhabhi. The guests are starting to arrive." Vyom talks into his walkie-talkie. 

Shraddha walks upstairs and knocks on the door before entering the room. 

She immediately gasps as she enters the room. 

"What? Do I look bad? Is the dress dulling me down?" Pihu asks frantically.

"Are you kidding? Dulling you down? It's making you glow Pihu! You look stunning." Shraddha walks over and gives Pihu a tight hug. "Let's get you downstairs"

The 2 girls walk hand in hand to the staircase, below Dev is waiting for Pihu with Vyom.

As soon as Pihu starts walking down, Dev can't get his eyes off of her. 

He extends his hand to her when she gets to the bottom. 

"Don't look at me like that" Pihu whispers to Dev. 

"How can I not? You look like a goddess. I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw you." He says intertwining his fingers with Pihus. 

They both make their way outside and take in the decoration. 

"Guy, this looks so beautiful. Thank you for all the hard work." Pihu thanks all her friends.

"Of course, I knew it the minute you got engaged that we would hold the party at the villa. After all, it all started here" Vyom winks at Dev. 

The friends laugh reminiscing the past couple of months and what a rollercoaster it has been. 

Amrita and Dheeraj come up to the couple. Amrita gives Pihu a big hug while Dheeraj shakes Dev's hand. 

"You 2 look so good with each other. I can't believe my little girl is engaged." Amrita says getting teary-eyed. 

"Maa! Please don't cry or I will start too," Pihu says comforting her mother.

"Please don't cry Aunty, I promised sir that I would never let Pihu cry. I don't want to get him angry, he's scary. " Dev jokes and everyone starts laughing. 

One by one, all the guests start coming up to the lovely couple and start congratulating them. 

After countless 'thankyous' and introductions, Pihu starts getting tired. 

"Dev, I'm hungry. Everyone is eating except us." Pihu whines to Dev. 

Dev leaves Pihu without a word, leaving her to fend for herself with the guests. Within a minute, he comes back with 2 waiters who have trays filled with food.

"Everyone excuse us for 10 minutes please," he tells the crowd. "Pizza, samosa, spring rolls, or pastry, which one do you want?" He turns to Pihu. 

Pihu takes a glance at the trays. "Hmmm, all of them!" She smiles. 

Dev lets out a chuckle and hands Pihu 2 plates and keeps 2 for himself. They enjoy the food and feed each other. 

They are digging into their food when a middle-aged couple approaches them. 

"Can you guys come after 2 minutes, we are almost done eat-" Dev freezes mid-sentence looking up at the couple. 

Pihu looks at him and the couple in confusion. 

The woman comes forward to Pihu and runs her hand under her chin. "Hayyy, bilkul pari jaisi hai" She says smilingly. (Aww, she's like an angel)

Dev is still avoiding eye contact and is frozen in place. 

Pihu gets up from her seat. "I'm sorry, maine aap dono ko pehchana nahi." She says. (I don't recognize you.)

The elder couple glances at each other and smiles. "We are Dev's parents," They both say looking at Dev.

Precap: Dev confronts his parents during the engagement party.  

What do you guys think the story is behind Dev and his parents?

I hope you enjoyed the chapter please save, vote, and comment with your thoughts!

-💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 2.9K 49
Pihu Sharma is a loving, kind, and sweet person. She belongs to a middle-class family who wants to marry their daughter to someone higher than their...
1.2M 72.7K 105
(Apart Series - Book 1) Dev Kapoor... Popularly called DK!!! 31 year old hot headed, carefree, badass was currently the most talked and successful bu...
1.7M 72.1K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
508K 25.3K 46
NALINI - I believe in Love but I don't believe in sacrificing myself for it's sake. My marriage is a promise, a duty I have to fulfil as my Father's...