Living In The Muggle World (D...

Bởi beforesleepstories

"She was just an ordinary muggle, and he was a pureblooded wizard." *** Y/N was nervous to touch him. Draco w... Xem Thêm

A WORD
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59

CHAPTER 52

377 27 17
Bởi beforesleepstories

Y/N's POV

It was a day for my birthday. When I returned from school, my family looked as if preparing for a feast. I didn't know when my birthday become a huge deal for them. It was always a special day since I was supposed to turn eighteen. But I had been thinking all my family wanted to do was reminiscence the old memories of my ancestors.

Dad was on leave and busy preparing for the decoration. Mom was out shopping for groceries and meat she planned to cook the next day. Grandma was helping out wherever she could. I honestly hadn't expected this. Nor was I in the mood to join them.

Rather, I was saddened by the incident at school today.

After school, Principal Thomson called Draco and me into his office. I was scared of what he might have to complain about again. Draco and I hadn't fiddled around in school again after what had happened.

Thankfully, it turned out to be a reminder of the meeting of our parents. It wasn't good news, but it was better than my expectations.

Principal Thompson said he understood and sympathised with my situation since Andrew had assaulted me. He assured me he could wait a couple more days until my family recovered. But he couldn't entirely cancel the meeting and needed to see my parents as soon as possible.

Draco had a chat with Mr Thompson privately after that. I waited outside the principal's office for him. When I asked, he said his parents couldn't attend the meeting. He asked the principal if someone else could join as his guardian.

"Can't you make him forget about the meeting like you made Jason forget about me?" I asked.

"No," Draco said. "I can, but it might have consequences. Somethings are better off as they are."

I plopped on my bed with a sigh. How was I going to reveal to my parents about this? How would they react to the video of their daughter kissing a wizard?

Pfft-

They didn't even know Draco was a wizard. But he was still a guy from school. And I was forbidden from dating, let alone going around kissing guys. We had agreed to be more understanding in the family now, and they had become easygoing, but it would still come as a shock for them.

I groaned as I covered my face with my palms.

I have a wizard boyfriend.

I'm dating a wizard.

How was I ever going to digest the fact? But there was something else I was saddened by.

"I will have to leave for home tomorrow," I remembered Draco saying. "I have got urgent business to attend to."

"You're not going to be there for my birthday?" I had asked.

"Don't miss me too much."

"When will you be back?"

"As soon as I can."

Staring at my ceiling now, I wondered if I should see Draco while he left. He was officially my boyfriend now. Well, not officially. But tomorrow was my birthday. I would have to tell my family about us the day after tomorrow. They knew him anyway. Mom seemed to like him. Not going to lie— he looked pretty decent with my family. Maybe introducing him as my boyfriend was not a bad idea after all.

It was also possible that if my parents liked Draco as my boyfriend, they might not scold us for kissing at school. Of course, they would lecture me, but they wouldn't be too mad.

It was settled then. I would see Draco off— planned it as a surprise for him. I would introduce him to my family as my boyfriend when he came. And then, I would tell my parents about the meeting with Principal Thompson.

Perfect.

***

Draco packed the trunk. He hadn't taken too many things. He planned to stay at the manor for a maximum of four days. He would have to return because the soccer coach wouldn't appreciate Draco skipping too many practice sessions.

Then there was Y/N. He couldn't stay apart from her, especially after her birthday. And then, there was the meeting with the principal. Draco knew there was no way his parents or Father alone could attend the meeting. So, he had asked permission for a guardian.

He initially planned to take a disguised elf as his guardian. Perhaps the principal could be convinced by a relative— Ms Zaider, for example. But then Draco didn't want to pressurise the house elf too much. He could hardly act in front of Y/N. The last thing on Draco's mind was to terrify his elf and mess up his muggle life.

That will be a bigger risk to take.

The only remaining option Draco could see was to take Willower— his incharged supervisor by ministry. But that douchebag should be the last person to come to his rescue. Draco didn't doubt Willower's capabilities to save his arse. But he also knew that once Willower became his saviour, he would taunt Draco at every possible opportunity.

Willower would have the advantage of complaining against Draco to the ministry. And Draco hoped he did that. Because if he didn't, he might threaten Draco about it for a long time. Perhaps, Willower was not such a good idea. It would also allure the suspicion of the ministry, and they might use the Veritaserum on him.

Then there was another way Y/N suggested. She wasn't a witch and had known about the wizarding for fewer days, but she did have a sharp mind. Draco had told her about the spell he had cast on Jason. And she had remembered it. Of course, muggle that she was— she wasn't aware of the consequences a spell could have.

"Hey," he heard. At first, Draco thought he was daydreaming, perhaps, because he was thinking of her. But when she walked closer, he realised it was indeed Y/N.

"Hi," he abruptly said. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to say goodbye," she smiled. "Can't I see my boyfriend off?"

"Of course, you can." Draco slid his arm behind her waist and pulled her close to press his lips on hers.

"I'm gonna miss you," she murmured.

"I'll be back soon," he whispered.

After a low chuckle, Y/N asked, "So, are you taking a cab?"

"I'm actually using the floo powder this time," Draco answered.

"The what powder?" Y/N asked in confusion.

"The floo powder," he said, "It helps people travel. Like teleportation."

"Wow," she said. "I'd like to see you go floo."

Draco grinned. "Of course. Follow me."

He walked her to the fireplace in the living room. Y/N looked confused but didn't ask anything.

"Zaider!" Draco called, and the elf appeared.

"I'm leaving for the manor," Draco said, "I'll be back in a few days. While I'm gone, you shall take care of this place. And don't let anyone in. Except for Mrs Cloverfly."

He grinned at her again before returning to Zaider.

"Master..." the elf began as Draco grabbed a fistful of the floo powder.

"Don't worry," Draco interrupted. "Y/N knows about me now."

"Take care of yourself," he said to Y/N while staring her in the eye.

She nodded. "You too."

Draco gave her a nod and, using the powder, said, "The Malfoy Manor!"

Y/N's POV

I gasped as I watched flames emerging and gulping Draco before he disappeared.

"Zaider..." I stuttered. "Draco... he..."

"Master is at the Malfoy manor now," the elf assured.

I digested the fact and hummed. "I guess I should leave as well."

"Would you like to have a cup of tea?" Zaider offered.

"No, thanks," I declined and took my leave.

When I reached home, Dani was talking with my mom. Mom noticed me and said, "There she is!"

Dani turned toward me instantly, asking, "Where were you?"

"I went for a walk," I lied. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"Forget it," she said, putting her arm around my shoulder. "Let's go for another walk. I have something important to tell you."

"What is it?" I asked in concern.

Dani sighed. We were on the pavement. Dry leaves creaked beneath our feet. Fall was ending. Winter would start in a few days from now. My birthday marked the beginning of the winter almost every year.

When we reached a considerable distance from my house and a spot where possibly no one could hear us, I turned to Dani and asked, "So, are you gonna tell me now?"

Dani's face filled with excitement and joy as she inhaled deeply before saying, "JIM said he loves me."

"Oh, my God!" I screamed.

Dani shushed me.

"When did it happen? What did he say?" I questioned. "I wanna know everything!"

Dani nodded pleasingly. "Alright, so it was after our date yesterday. We went to his place. We did, uh... you know." She couldn't stop grinning. "And while going at it, he whispered in my ear, "I love you.""

"Wow," I exhaled, joining my hands and bringing them to my face.

"And I stopped him and asked him about what he said," Dani continued, "He paused for a sec, looked me in the eyes and repeated that he loved me with the sweetest smile I have ever seen on his face."

"Aww!" I squealed and pulled her into a hug. "I'm so happy for you, Dani!"

After pulling back from the hug, I said, "Wait! Did you say it back?"

"Of course, I said it back!" she said.

"Aww!" I hugged her again and did a little happy dance.

"That's enough about me," Dani said. "What's up with Draco and you?"

"Well, we," I blushed, "We are together now."

"Really?!" she exclaimed.

"Yes," I said, "But we are keeping it secret for a while, until my birthday, at least."

"Which is tomorrow," she said.

"Yes," I exhaled.

"Any changes in tomorrow's plans?"

"Unfortunately, no," I said, "Not until now, at least. But the preparations are in an on-go mode."

Dani rolled her eyes and said, "Won't doubt that. Saw your mom carrying chicken and whatnot."

"Oh, God," I said in embarrassment. "I don't know why they're making such a huge deal about it. It's just a birthday."

"Well, it's your eighteenth birthday," she said.

"And how did your eighteenth birthday go?" I asked.

"Now, you're just making fun of me," Dani said, narrowing her eyes.

I laughed. "I swear to God, I cannot forget that day."

"Well, you shouldn't," she said, "You guys convinced me to gulp the entire bottle and made disgusting faces when I threw up. Like, what do you expect? You gulp down the whole thing in one go, you puke."

I laughed harder.

"Oh, you just wait and watch," she said, "Now that you'll finally be eighteen and have the official permission to drink, I'll bet you with a bottle and see you throw up."

"I won't do that," I said.

"Then I'll make your boyfriend do it," Dani smirked.

"Why him?" I asked.

"It's gotta be one of you," she said, "Because you two have been a legit nightmare this year."

I ignored her. "Come on," I said, "Let's go. Enough of this walk."

I began walking, and Dani joined me afterwards. We walked to my place, and she left for home from there.

The evening went usual, except for my family prepping me with some extra love, which was really weird, but I guessed they must be finally happy since I was going to be an adult officially.

I went to bed at my everyday time, but for some reason, today, I couldn't sleep a blink. I kept staring out the window or at my phone screen to keep track of time. It was 11:58 PM when I gave up on sleep and sat on my bed. My phone vibrated suddenly. It was Dani.

"2 mins to go," her text said.

"This was to remind you that I'm awake," another text of hers said.

I chuckled slightly. I knew Dani hated to stay awake for long. She was one sleepy ass.

"Why, thank you for this honour," I texted her back.

I looked at the time again— 11:59 PM. Going back to the home screen, I opened the clock application. I wanted to see the seconds moving as the clock hit twelve.

56, 57, 58, 59...

My smile went up my cheek, but a sudden wave of wind that came out of nowhere knocked me onto my bed. My phone fell on the floor from my hand as I lay on the bed, unable to move. It seemed as if I had lost control of my body. I could hear the notifications ping as my body vibrated due to an unknown cause.

But it all stopped after a second. I sat up again and wondered if that really happened. It was all so quick to seem real. I guessed I might have slipped in excitement. I picked up my phone from the floor to see a couple of notifications about my birthday.

Before I had time to answer them, my door flew open, and my family stood with a cake.

"Happy birthday, Y/N!"

***

A/N

Sorry for this late update. I have been really busy. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Love,

BSS <3

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

5K 121 88
Draco had dealt with enough death to make peace with his own. Getting a handle on his emo angst, he assumed his life would end after Dumbledore's mur...
115K 5K 55
"You're such a prick! I knew you hadn't really changed. You're just back to your old ways, torturing me." Harry can still feel Draco's hand around hi...
8.7K 845 28
I do not own Harry Potter. This is HarryxDraco fanfic. It's a DRARRY if you don't like it then please don't read it. ***** "Harry?" Draco called out...
2.9M 86.9K 40
It's dark in the closet, I can just vaguely see his features and realise how close we're standing. Like, really close. My chest is toughing his and m...