The Warrior 1: Primo

By sassymissy

The Warrior Series #1 Alliyah never really wanted the spotlight, she didn't even want to be known. For her, l... More

Prelude
Simula
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 22

339 24 4
By sassymissy

I WAITED PATIENTLY FOR PRIMO'S FAMILY to get inside his hospital room the next evening – I was told they will come in two groups. Si Brent ang unang bumisita kasama ang kanyang tagabantay at taga asikaso. Brent was in Texas with their whole family for the whole year but he went home recently to watch his brother compete in the Ph Grand Prix.

Hindi naman ito nagtagal pa sa kwarto ni Primo dahil na bored ito at okay naman na ang kuya niyo. Primo was just advised to get rest because his body is experiencing extreme fatigue.

I was well aware that Primo's dad and his step mom were in Texas to finish off some of their business deal. The flight from there is technically almost 24 hours so when they heard Primo was in a crash, they immediately book their flight home.

I was prepared to meet them.

was.

It wasn't in the plan that I'll meet them while he's involved in a car crash, they have been vehemently against Primo racing because of this – and let's not even forget about the fact that my mom publicly announced I am marrying him without us both knowing or his family.

They must've been livid!

And where is my mom after dropping the bomb? Nowhere.

"Let's talk when Primo's parents are around."

She only sent me that text and evaporated through her busy engagements and business deals.

Hindi ko rin makausap si Primo dahil kahit na nasa ospital siya ay walang humpay pa rin ang trabaho niya. He was checking his team virtually and Louis is updating him. Kung hindi naman siya busy sa trabaho ay tulog naman siya dahil sa mga gamot na pinapainom sa kanya.

I was getting really hopeless about the situation. But as long as there's no ring and there's no formal talk between us, I've decided not to overthink these things.

"Relax, babe." Primo reminded me as I was sitting in the big receiving sala set of his presidential room.

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. "Easy for you to say because you don't care. What if they don't like me?"

Tumawa siya ng malakas. "That's impossible."

"But what if? What if they'll disown you?"

"I can't say I'm afraid to get disowned because I was disowned a lot of times. It didn't help that I unfortunately got into an accident because of racing," he said, grinning. "Come here, go give me a hug bago pa ako mapagalitan. I need strength."

I am stressed and nervous but I followed nicely.

He was on the brink of life and death and he only got lucky that he's not six feet under the ground right now.

Right there and then, I've realized how fleeting life is and how it's much better to live life to the fullest and to show people how much you mean to them.

Pero syempre aawayin ko pa rin si Primo paminsan-minsan – he's really just annoying sometimes.

I sat on the right side of his bed, the foam was sinking my weight as I hugged him tightly.

Primo's scent is really my favorite scent in the world. Masculine but mild like a morning mint.

"I love you," he whispered. "You know that, don't you?"

I smiled then nodded before I answer. "I love you the same."

He cupped my face then kissed me on my lips. I placed my hands on his chest and savoured the kiss. When he was content, he stayed hugging me for a long while habang ang ilong niya'y nakasandig sa may bandang tenga ko.

Halos mapatili ako sa gulat nang biglang bumukas ang pinto at dumagundong ang boses ng bagong dating.

"Primovienne Kiel! Explain this to me, ngayon mismo!"

Tigalgal na dumako ang tingin ko sa pinto.

Looks like we started on the wrong foot with his parents witnessing us getting real close inside the room.

The room felt packed with the two people who had the angry and surprised looks plastered on their faces.

I tried move a little far away from Primo pero mas lalo lang niya akong dinikit sa kanya.

I'm guessing the guy in his late 50's is Primo's father. If Primo looked like he was of half Spanish origin, Primo's father is the whole embodiment of a spaniard. Lightly reddish face and a prominent jaw and nose, thick eyebrows – his face looked like he just shaved. Kahit saang angulo mo tingnan ay hindi maitatangging ama siya ni Primo. In fact, I can vouche Primo's gonna look like this when he will reach his 50's. Still hot.

I looked at the lady in her late 40's standing next to his father and it showed me a chic looking filipina mestiza. She's sporting her Ralph Lauren polo and a nude colored luxury trouser. She looked elegant even when she's just from a straight 22 hour flight. Mamula mula rin ang balat nito. She has a wavy chestnut brown hair which accented her face into the right places, her eyes is light brown with the light hitting it. Her lips is tinted with a pale mauve colored lipstick.

"Why are you all here?" Primo asked uninterestedly.

"Why are we here? Jesus, Primo. How many times did I tell you? We should be the first to know," his father's loud voice echoed inside the room. "We're the last to hear about this and we rushed here because it looks like you had no plans to tell us of what's happening!!"

This is the first time that I've wanted to run away as fastest as I could because of embarrassment. Trust my mom to announce marriage without asking if it's okay with Primo or his family or even me!

"Explain what happened, Primovienne." Primo's step mom seconded his father. She is glaring at Primo like she's piercing holes into his soul. "I know you're kind of playing around pero Diyos kong mahabagin Primovienne! Hindi ko inaasahang aabot sa ganito!"

Napangiwi ako sa lakas ng boses nila.

They're really angry.

Oh God.

Why am I here?

Why am I in this situation?

Pakiramdam ko ay hihimatayin ako sa sobrang kaba.

"You're scaring, Ayah." Primo reminded them when he noticed my reaction.

At most times ay magpapasalamat ako na sinasaway ni Primo 'pag alam niya na hindi ako komportable – but this is his parents and he didn't need to do that. Baka mas lalo lang magalit ang mga 'to.

She immediately looked at me softly and smiled apologetically. "No, hija. I'm angry with Primo not at you."

I cleared my throat to remove the lump before speaking. I learned to face battles up front because I'm just going to prolong my agony if I don't.

"I'm really sorry about the engagement announcement, my mom thought it was the best option to keep the media shut." I apologize.

They both looked confused with what I've said. Nagpalipat lipat ang tingin nila sa amin ni Primo with their questioning look.

"Engagement announcement? Who's engaged?" Primo's step mom asked, few seconds later her eyes turned wide and her mouth let out a loud mixture of surprise and delighted shriek. "You're both getting married?!"

"I thought..." I opened my mouth to ask but I couldn't finish.

Gulong gulo ako sa nangyayari.

I thought they knew? Weren't they angry because of that?

I turned to Primo hopelessly. "What's happening?"

"Mom, please don't scare her," saway ulit ni Primo. "If you didn't know, why do you keep shouting? Bakit ba kayo galit?"

Sandaling bumalatay ang kasiyahan sa mata ng step mom niya. Maging ang ama nito ay nagulat.

He probably doesn't call her "mom" very often.

"No, Primo! The 'mom' thing is not gonna work on me. We were angry because I told you a lot of times na itigil ang pagra-racing like you're playing chase with death, then this happened. If I didn't remember to check and watch your race, hindi ko pa malalaman. I told you we're going to send you money if you're doing this because you couldn't take care of your finances,"She snapped and sat down the sofa. Primo's dad also followed her and sat beside the next empty chair.

"You realize you're going overboard with your reaction earlier, don't you?" ani Primo sa seryosong boses. "Ayah thought you were angry with engagement announcement," dagdag pa niya. "Also, I love driving. It was a one time incident and it will not happen again. I'm okay, you didn't have to come."

"Careful with your tone, Primo." Saway ng ama niya sa kanya. "The accident is the reason we came here, your engagement is another thing." Primo's father shifted his attention to look at me. "I'm sorry, Hija. I hope we didn't scare you, kay Primo lang kami galit. I've actually been meaning to meet you but this son of mine is really a pain in the ass at ayaw kang ibyahe sa Texas dahil tinatamad raw siya. He said if we wanted to meet you, we should head back here. He knows how busy we are with the business."

I just nodded meekly.

Crazy how the mood shifted inside the room.

Parang mababaliw ata ako sa pamilyang 'to.

"So you're not angry about the engagement?" Primo asked for my overthinking self sake.

Akala ko ay 'yon talaga ang dahilan ng galit nila.

"Not angry? Of course I am angry, we weren't here when you both decided to announce it. If you didn't get into accident, we wouldn't know." Primo's mom snapped. "Hindi ko akalaing magpapasalamat pa akong naaksidente ka."

"Your mom's right, you should've informed us at the very least. I am also still very angry with your accident, Primo. Huwag mong ibahin ang topic."

"I'm really sorry, Tita and Tito." I spoke again to apologize. "Primo has no idea my mom would announce that. In fact, hindi po talaga namin alam. We haven't even talked about this yet even with my mom."

"Why are you saying sorry, it's not your fault." Pigil ni Primo sa'kin.

"Hija, that's okay. Since it was announced already we'll just proceed with the engagement. You can't become a laughing stock if people heard this engagement were not true — unless Primo likes another girl then that's gonna be a problem," ani ng Daddy niya.

Napakurap kurap ako sa narinig.

I feel like suffocating dahil sa higpit ng paghawak ni Primo sa kamay ko.

He didn't like what his dad implied.

I saw his face was laced with confusion bago niyuko ako. "Of course, I love her! There's no other girl here, but that's not the point! Why are you all rushing her?" giit niya.

Bagama't sang ayon ako sa sinabi niya ay nakaramdam ako ng kaonting pait sa narinig.

I was also against the idea of rushing.

But he didn't have to be so adamant of declining it.

"You love her. I saw how you look at her during the race. I saw how she ran when you got into the accident.  Even just by looking at you now, it's very obvious that you love each other. I was worried for awhile you might just play around with girls but now, nagseseryoso kana pala. You're still young yes, but there's no problem with starting early..." her step mom said again.

Why are they talking about this like they're not planning a marriage?

"What's your name, hija?" his dad asked. "You seem really familiar," aniya.

I didn't like talking at this point but I answered. "Alliyah... Alliyah Karizza."

Nangunot ang noo niya at malamang inaalala kung saan niya narinig ang pangalan ko.

"What's your surname?"

"Aragon po," I answered again politely.

"The Aragon? The one that owns a med school and this hospital? Is that it?" he asked on a straight tone.

Tumango ako.

His father broke a smile at kinuha ang cellphone sa bulsa. Before he could hit the dial button, my mom appeared. He was just about to call my dad or maybe my mom because he said "good" when he saw her.

"Josephine," my mom acknowledge Primo's mom. "Alejandro," she said again, directing it now to his father.

They look like they're already acquainted with each other.

"It's good that you're here, Evelyn," seryosong usal ng mama ni Primo. "I was looking forward to discuss a lot of things with you. Sudden engagement? What is this?"

"I had to do that, they were throwing sticks and stones at my daughter because of your child," giit ni mommy. "People around us know the truth but the media is terrible, they'll get hurt eventually. Para matapos na ang issue and so that our children will not be the subject of the these useless accusations.

I wanted to massage the sides of my head dahil sumasakit ang ulo ko sa nangyayari.

Here comes Primo's mom and my mom bickering at the first sight.

This is gonna be so chaotic.

"You could've called us at least," Tita Josephine insisted. "Kung hindi ko pa nakita na nadisgrasya si Primo ay hindi ko pa malalaman."

Nangunot ang kilay ni mommy. "That is between you and your child. I've asked Primo about his idea of marriage when I tended him and he said he was looking forward of marrying my daughter."

I looked at Primo and he didn't meet my eye. He must've thought about marriage but not this fast. Isa pa'y hindi niya binanggit ang tungkol sa kasal. If I'm going to be very honest, I think he's been avoiding the topic since it was announced.

My stomach started to feel bad, I thought it dropped to the ground by the sudden realization.

He was really avoiding the topic.

"But we should've been here, dapat kinausap mo pa rin kami. Don't tell me when we get to their marriage details ay hindi mo rin ako isasali sa pagpaplano? There's two of them in the wedding and I happen to be the mother of the groom-to-be," Tita Josephine said in an accusing manner.

"It's not my fault you're not here. Wala naman akong number niyo. Isa pa, you're always busy in Texas, I'm surprised you're even here. What can you even contribute in the planning when you're always rushing to Texas. Also, Ayah and I haven't talk about the wedding details yet but I have already thought about Ayah's wedding designer."

"I can make time if it's my son's marriage," Primo's mom emphasized. "Do you know how much I've looked forward to him marrying? When do I get to be involved? Brent's not even ten years old. Primo's marriage is as important as my life."

"I'm the mother of the bride, technically it's my family who's going to decide," my mom answered.

"Can we talk about how to announce any possible business merging?" Singit ng ama ni Primo sa usapan. "It might be beneficial to both our companies."

"Let's talk about business later. We should choose the wedding venue, if we're going to do this wedding we have to book the best, ASAP. Malamang fully booked na halos ang magagandang venue," pigil ni Tita Josephine sa mga 'to.

Okay, this is ridiculous.

"Can you at least ask for our decisio—"pipigilan ko sana sila sa pagpaplano para itanong kung may balak ba sila na tanungin kami kung gusto ba namin magpakasal but I couldn't get to the middle because my mom and his mom started their marriage planning again.

"So how about we set their wedding next month? Give me a month and it will be the grandest wedding of the year. I'm sure malaki ang gagastusin dahil madalian but money is not an issue here..." his mom suggested.

"Tita–"

This time, my mom was the one to cut me.

"It's should take at least two to three months, hindi ko gustong madaliin ang planning because I don't want this to become a disaster. Let's make it three months.. Michael Cinco can do her gown. It will take him about a month and half... we can't rush that..."

"Mom–"

"We should call Martin first, we have to talk about how we'll leverage the current stock market by this news," Primo's dad kindly involving my father who's very busy – he might not even know I'm getting married.

"Pero tito–"

"Oh, come on. It's your son's wedding and yet you're still talking about busi–

"That fine, I think we can get a few business deal—"

"I just wanted to take advantage, we could use the money as their wedding gif–"

They were all busy talking at hindi na matapos tapos ang mga sasabihin nila.

"Oh for fuck's sake, can you all stop? Ayah is trying to say something!" pasigaw na sabi ni Primo.

If he didn't shout, they wouldn't hear.

Natigilan naman ang mga ito at ngumiti.

My mom and his mom who I thought will be in bad terms are both holding hands, their phones were already busy clicking wedding ideas and trying to look up the best coordinators and suppliers. They both smiled apologetically.

"I'm sorry, hija! I was just too excited! I imagined myself everynight preparing for Primo's wedding pero kada nababalitaan kong ibang babae na naman ang kasama niya'y nawawala ako ng pag asa. Brent is still young..." Tita Josephine said and sighed.

"I'm sorry, honey. I was very excited of the thought of you getting married. I've always wanted what's the best for you, you know that. Hindi ko mapigilan paghandaan, you're my only daughter," my mom said.

Primo's dad also said his apology and motioned me to speak.

"I want to talk to Primo privately..." I said, my voice low. Hindi sila ang makakasagot sa mga tanong ko. "If you could just give us a moment please," I pleaded.

They muttered their agreement then went outside.

I just know my mom will take them to her office and continue their conversation and absurd planning. Primo's dad might call my dad.

Bahala na sila magplano at mag away away sa kung sino ang masusunod.

Right now, I want to make something clear.

"Why were you not talking and stopping them from planning every single thing like we were not there..." I said, frustrated.

He first looked surprised then he sighed and hugged me. "I'm sorry you got into this mess... we haven't even recovered from the race incident and now we already have this..."

I hugged him back.

Everything is just so fast.

But the idea of walking down the aisle while the one you love is waiting for you makes me feel at peace. Primo, waiting for me in front of the altar.

I remember him arguing we're rushing things earlier.

Napapikit ako sa pagitan ng yakap niya. Marriage takes two to tango. We should both want this marriage for this to work.

"Hey..." tawag niya ng pansin ko.

I raised my head to look at him, trying to read his emotions.

"If you don't want to do this, we'll not do this," he said gently.

"How about you, Primo? Do you want to do this?" I asked, in low tone.

He pulled me closer tightly, resting his chin again on my head. "Hell yeah, what kind of question even is that? Of course, gusto ko."

"But you were against it, you said they're rushing," marahang sabi ko.

He chuckled. "I was worried about you. I didn't know if you liked the idea or not," he let go of his hug then took one of the hand, he placed my palms to his, our fingers perfectly tangled together. "I was afraid to hear you say you didn't want this, so I avoided the topic like a fucking coward. But hearing you say you were worried about my stand about this marriage feels like I've been punched straight to my stomach. I should've been the one asking you these questions, baby."

I bite my lips then looked at him, he was staring intently, he looked so sincere.

"Look at you, Ayah. You have the most angelic smile and you smell like heaven. You're both fun and trouble wrapped in one. You don't even think twice to help people and animals. You love me like I'm the most perfect person in the world when I make mistakes everyday. You're the only person who could make me feel like there are a thousand elephants running inside my heart. I love you like crazy, so why the hell would I miss the chance to marry you? I should keep you all for myself, babe."

"We're still young. Matatali kana sa akin, you will miss your freedom. You'll regret this later in you're older years or maybe after a year..." I babbled due to overthinking like he didn't just confessed his love and willingness for marriage.

"Regret you as my wife? Never in a million years."

"I don't want to get pregnant yet, I'm still young."

"I'll respect you, Ayah. We'll take one step at a time. Let's not do things you don't like and only do the one's you like to do..." he said softly, like he's planned out everything.

I felt a tear fell my face.

I'm scared.

We're still young.

Paano kung temporary lang pala ang pagtingin niya sa akin?

"What if I get jealous? I probably will throw you plates.."

He chuckled. "I'll never do anything that would make my wife jealous... we will never come to that point."

Oh god.

"Where would we live? Ayokong malayo kina mommy.."

"Anywhere you want baby, whatever you want. Just tell me and I'd do anything – everything." He whispered.

I started to cry, my face now buried in his chest.

The sincerity of his voice is making my heart hurt so much.

SO MUCH.

"Do you want to do this? We'll never do things you don't want to do okay? Baby, you hear me?? It will always be up to you..." he said and kissed my hair.

"Everything just seem so fast.."

"We'll take things slow after this..."

"Are you sure abou this, Primo?"

"Never been this sure in my entire life..."

I stayed silent, nag iisip kung ano ang magiging desisyon. Before I could realize, he was already fishing out a maroon jewelry box engraved by a famous jeweler's brand.

I gasped, my forehead creasing on how he managed to sneak this one when I was with him the whole time. I looked at him, questioning how did he prepare for this.

"This was custom-made months ago, I had it prepared since I didn't want to wait if I decided to propose. Mabuti na lang at naisip ko na gawin 'yon. I texted Louis to pick this up when you were asleep," he explained softly.

He opened the jewelry box and a 2 ct, oval cut, solitaire diamond ring unveiled in front of me. Simple yet oozing with elegance through and through.

I was looking at it in pure awe and fascination, sobrang ganda at sobrang kinang.

I did not expect him to prepare for this like he already saw it coming.

"God knows you deserve the best proposal, but considering our situation this is the best and the fastest I could prepare," he smiled sheepishly. "I'll make it up to the wedding if you say I do."

I didn't know how I heard him so clearly when my only focus was the ring, how he custom-made this months ago. How he thought about marriage months ago without telling me.

"Spend the rest of your life with me, Ayah." He said while staring at me intently. "Will you marry me?" he asked, softly.

It took me seconds to process what he said.

When I realized he asked the question, my whole existence is jumping with happiness.

He just proposed.

I did not even hesitate.

"I do.." I whispered. "I look forward to spending the ups, the downs and the everything in betweens of my life and your life together, Primo." I said, crying and half laughing because I really thought he was not ready and he didn't like the idea earlier.

But here he is, gently sliding down the ring to my ring finger.

I looked at it as it's sparkling when lights are hitting its surface.

"This is beautiful," I whispered, smiling lovingly and with pure admiration. "I love it, Primo. Thank you."

My heart finally at peace after so many hitches along the way.

"Anything for you, baby," he whispered back as he planted a kiss on my lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 48.1K 56
She is Akane Rei Lee Yamazaki--A certified childish. She was also a Yakuza Princess. She forced her family to let her experienced how to lived NORMAL...
4.1M 114K 85
ARRANGE MARRIAGE TO THE MAFIA BOSS (Unedited) I'm ordinary girl with a simple life but it all change when i realized that I'm Married to the Mafia B...
23.6M 784K 60
Erityian Tribes Series, Book #3 || Cover the world with frost and action.
530K 23.8K 68
Terry is a hired killer who kill in exchange of Money. For her Money is everything. Then one day she realized all wrongdoings she done. She's going...