too close to the stars - H.J.P

By moonyandandy

Noel Lupin had always been a quiet kid. That was until she was thrusted into the whirlwind that is Harry Pott... More

Characters
𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐙𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
𝐆𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐗
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐅-𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐒
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Epilogue
100k SPECIAL

Chapter Fifty Nine

1.2K 52 1
By moonyandandy

—— ϟ ——

Noel quickly got out of bed and ran down the stairs. She needed to go check if everything was alright. When she arrived, Ginny, Neville, and Luna were standing around talking quickly in hushed whispers to one another. Noel walked over, halting their conversation.

"What's going on?" She asked, a nervous smile playing on her lips. No one answered. "Neville?"

"Our old coins burned. Hermione told us that we have to watch all the entrances and be ready for anything." Neville told her.

Noel looked around, not understanding. She spotted Hermione and Ron. "What's going on?" She asked the two, her tone demanding for them to tell her the truth.

"Harry went with Dumbledore. He didn't tell us much but he has a hunch that Malfoy and Snape with do whatever they've been planning all year tonight. He gave me the map and told me to watch the Room or Requiremnt for any sighs on Malfoy. He gave us his last bit of Liquid Luck."

"What could Malfoy and Snape be possibly up to that we need to take Liquid Luck?"

"I don't know. Ron and I have taken our share the last bit if for you, here," she gave the bottle to Noel who looked down at it a bit hesitantly. "I'm not taking this. I don't want it."

Hermione looked at her sympathetically. "I know we've been reluctant to believe Harry and his... very passionate allegations about Malfoy but I'm honestly thinking he might be right."

"When did he leave?"

"A while now."

"Oh."

"He told us to tell you good-bye." Hermione said kindly, placing a gentle hand on Noel's arm.

The D.A. members partnered up and patrolled the 7 floors of the castle all looking out for any sign of danger. Noel, in a moment of bravery opted to go alone. The Liquid Luck sat heavy in her pocket but she had two people in mind who needed it more than her.

As night set, there was an eerie silence in the castle that set Noel on edge. The hair's on her arm stood up at the sound of windows breaking. She looked around, startled and hid behind one of the pillars. Noel let out a sky breath and tried to pull herself together. As quietly as she could, eternally grateful that she wasn't wearing and heels, she moved through the corridors within the shadows it provided and from there Noel could see everything that was happening.

There were about six Death Eaters in total from what Noel could see. Noel looked around and wondered where her friends were.

"Noel..."

She quickly turned around and was surprised to see her dad there. "What– what are you doing here?"

"Hermione and Luna alerted the Order. Dumbledore had told anyone who could patrol tonight to be in Hogsmeade for the day." Remus explained quickly. "It seems like Harry was right after all huh?"

"Yeah." Noel whispered. "It seems like the least we could do is get these bastard out of here."

Remus nooded and looked around to make sure the coast was clear. "We're going to have to split up, be safe."

Noel nodded frantically and Remus quickly moved away.

She left her hiding spot and decided to follow the natural way that her body led her. She made sure to keep her wand drawn and was actively looking out for any students who were out of bed. She knew Lucy had a horrible habit of going out at night and wished that tonight the little girl had decided to stay in her common room. But as the saying goes, old habit die hard.

Noel groaned at the sight of Lucy and one of her friends. She quickly grabbed both of their arms and dragged them into a nearby broom closet. "Lucy, what the hell!" Noel scolded, using the tip of her wand to illuminate the room.

"Noel?"

"Listen to me." She said urgently, "there are Death Eaters in the castle. You and your friend have to stay here okay? Don't argue with me!" Noel said, when Lucy opened her mouth to say something. "These are very dangerous people Lucy, so, you are going to stay here. I don't know where they are and I don't want to risk taking you to your common room. I will come back, I promise, I will come back to get you."

"What are you going to do?' Lucy whispered, fear dancing her in her eyes. "I am going to go protect the castle because that's my job. Your job is to stay here and be quite."

"Noel–"

"Lucy I love you. I will come back." Noel smiled, and placed a hand on her head, "I know you Lucy. But you can't help. Drink some of this, nothing bad will happen to you."

Lucy slowly took a few drops of the potion and sat back with her friend. "I love you too Noel."

The corridor was full of commotion. The Order members and the few students there were fighting and duelling each other. There seemed to be a big blond man firing spells sloppily. The only light illuminating the hall was the bright Dark Mark and the accompanying stars. Noel looked at the sky briefly and wondered for a split second if their intricate connection would save her from her demise.

The killing curse narrowly missed her. Noel gasped and made sure she paid attention to what was going on. From their location near the Astronmy tower, the mark was seriously bright.

Everyone seemed to be in their won world, making sure that they had the Death Eaters attention so they would't wonder off and cause harm to anyone other than the group of people there. As Noel moved swiftly and efficiently she felt her like her head was going to split open.

Someone was hurt.

She rolled her shoulders back and didn't let her pain show, not wanting her Death Eater to use it as a weakness. With her head splitting itself in half and her body being on fire Noel sent the Death Eater flying back. They flew into a post with a scream.

Noel quickly found the body, there was blood everywhere. It was so dark she couldn't recognize who it was. Noel gagged at the smell, it didn't smell like iron. It smelled like rotten flesh. Shaking with fear, Noel's shaky hands hovered over the injured body. When the gold bands illuminated her place she knew that it was an Order Member, the only reason how she knew it was Bill Weasley was from the bright ginger hair and the fang earring. Noel did as much as she could but before she could finish there was a quiet rasping from the shadows.

"Oh... a little cub." He said menacingly.

Noel ignored him... she was sure that he could sense the fear in her. She was seventeen ... how did her father feel when he was merely four?

"I was thinking about gaining your fathers loyalty back by fighting him but this...this is much more pleasurable." He walked closer and Noel now knew where the smell was coming from. She stood up and turned to face him. Noel fought the urge not to throw up at the sight of him. He was filthy and completly covered in blood, his dark beady eyes made him lifeless.

Greyback chuckled and stepped closer to her. Noel wordlessly put up a shielding charm, taking a step back.

"You can't espace...your family is destined to like me...my children."

Noel's face contorted into shock, she slowly backed away from him in fright. It seemed like Greyback had taken up a hobby of attacking people even when it wasn't the full moon. Even then, he had his senses highlighted and it seemed like he was on a mission of his own.

He lunged at her. She had just healed Bill so her strength wasn't at its full potential, he was much bigger and much stronger than Noel, who had no chance in ever defeating him by herself.

She screamed in shock. Now the two toppled on the floor, Noel had no room to move, she was pinned down, she yelled for help, for anyone to hear her but she it seemed as though she was screaming into an empty void with one one to save her.

"Help me! Please!" She cried. Greyback didn't seem like he wanted to waste anymore time and was a hair away from mutilating her just as he did Bill when he was sent flying away. Noel gasped and scrambled away, she felt someone holding her close as she cried, her emotions amplified from the adrenaline coursing through her body.

"Shh, it's okay... he didn't hurt you." They murmured.

Noel clutched her side, where Greyback had maliciously dug his fingers. She looked down and saw that blood was soaking through her clothes. Noel gave several gasps, unable to comprehend what was happening.

"Noel, let's go to the hospital wing, there are a few people there."

"We have to... Bill... he's... he's hurt. And— Lucy! Where is she?" Noel said frantically.

"Okay... okay stay here." Theo told her. "I'm going to go find your dad so we can take Billy. Tell me where Lucy is, I'll ask someone to go get her."

"I left her in the broom cupboard near the Venus portrait. She was walking around."

"Okay, okay, stay here."

Noel looked frightened at the thought. "He isn't here. He's gone, look," Theo pointed toward the empty area. Noel but her lip and reluctantly looked over. Her body sagged, Theo had to adjust his grip. "I'll stay here with Bill." She concluded.

Footsteps were thundering up the stairs, and a second later Malfoy was buffeted out of the way as four people in black robes burst through the door onto the ramparts.

Harry gazed in terror upon four strangers: It seemed the Death Eaters had won the fight below. A lumpy-looking man with an odd lopsided leer gave a wheezy giggle.

"Dumbledore cornered!" he said, and he turned to a stocky little woman who looked as though she could be his sister and who was grinning eagerly. "Dumbledore wandless, Dumbledore alone! Well done, Draco, well done!"

"Good evening, Amycus," said Dumbledore calmly, as though welcoming the man to a tea party. "And you've brought Alecto too... Charming..."

The woman gave an angry little titter. "Think your little jokes'll help you on your deathbed then?" she jeered.

"Jokes? No, no, these are manners," replied Dumbledore.

"Do it," said the stranger standing nearest to Harry, a big, rangy man with matted gray hair and whiskers, whose black Death Eater's robes looked uncomfortably tight.

Harry could smell a powerful mixture of dirt, sweat, and, unmistakably, of blood coming from him. His filthy hands had long yellowish nails that were dripping with blood.

"Is that you, Fenrir?" asked Dumbledore.

"That's right," rasped the other. "Pleased to see me, Dumbledore?"

"No, I cannot say that I am."

Greyback grinned, showing pointed teeth. Blood trickled down his chin and he licked his lips slowly, obscenely. "But you know how much I like kids, Dumbledore."

"Am I to take it that you are attacking even without the full moon now? This is most unusual...You have developed a taste for human flesh that cannot be satisfied once a month?"

"That's right," said Fenrir Greyback. "Shocks you that, does it, Dumbledore? Frightens you?"

"Well, I cannot pretend it does not disgust me a little," said Dumbledore. "And, yes, I am a little shocked that Draco here invited you, of all people, into the school where his friends live...."

"I didn't," breathed Malfoy. He was not looking at Fenrir; he did not seem to want to even glance at him. "I didn't know he was going to come —"

"I wouldn't want to miss a trip to Hogwarts, Dumbledore," rasped Greyback. "Not when there are throats to be ripped out...I got a taste of Lupin's little girl. Delicious, delicious..." He said, disgustingly licking the blood off his fingers.

Harry felt like all the blood had drained from his face. His beautiful, beautiful, Noel. What had he done to her?

If it hadn't been for the charm that was placed in him, he would have grabbed Greyback and thrown him off the tower himself.

"Come on, Draco, do it!"

But at that moment there were renewed sounds of scuffling from below and a voice shouted, "They've blocked the stairs — Reducto! REDUCTO !"

Harry's heart leapt: So these four had not eliminated all opposition, but merely broken through the fight to the top of the tower, and, by the sound of it, created a barrier behind them —

"Now, Draco, quickly!" said the brutal-faced man angrily.

But Malfoy's hand was shaking so badly that he could barely aim.

"Draco, do it or stand aside so one of us —" screeched the woman, but at that precise moment, the door to the ramparts burst open once more and there stood Snape, his wand clutched in his hand as his black eyes swept the scene, from Dumbledore slumped against the wall, to the four Death Eaters, including the enraged werewolf, and Malfoy.

"We've got a problem, Snape," said the lumpy Amycus, whose eyes and wand were fixed alike upon Dumbledore, "the boy doesn't seem able —"

But somebody else had spoken Snape's name, quite softly.

"Severus . . ."

The sound frightened Harry beyond anything he had experienced all evening. For the first time, Dumbledore was pleading. Snape said nothing, but walked forward and pushed Malfoy roughly out of the way. The three Death Eaters fell back without a word. Even the werewolf seemed cowed.

Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face.
"Severus . . . please . . ."

Snape raised his wand and pointed it directly at Dumbledore.

"Avada Kedavra!"

A jet of green light shot from the end of Snape's wand and hit Dumbledore squarely in the chest. Harry's scream of horror never left him; silent and unmoving, he was forced to watch as Dumbledore was blasted into the air. For a split second, he seemed to hang suspended beneath the shining skull, and then he fell slowly backward, like a great rag doll, over the battlements and out of sight.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
A/N:
Take a shot every time they say Noel's name challenge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 4K 41
❝You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?❞ ❝You should know the answer to that by now, Harry.❞ ⁂ Life has always been a bit disorganized f...
4.6M 147K 103
➥COMPLETED ❝Fred Weasley! You're such a pain in the arse!❞, she yelled, throwing her hands up furiously, but he just smirked with the usual mischievo...
12.3K 376 18
𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚍𝚍𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚙𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑...
1M 33.5K 152
☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 Eleanor Lupin hates her life. This isn't an overstatement. She's barely allowed to do...