G/T YouTubers (One Shots and...

By PlatonicSeptiplier

Requests: Closed Due to college some pieces may be sporadically shorter, or just incomplete/ditched, be it te... More

Suggestions? Maybe?
Nature Walk (Jack and Signe)
Borrowing a Borrower (Mark and Amy) (Part 1)
The Space Voyage (Jack and Mark) (TEASER)
Borrowing a Borrower (Mark and Amy) (Part 2)
Spiders and Borrowers (Mat and Nate+Mark)
Spiders and Borrowers (Mat and Nate+Mark) (Part 2)
Think Before You Act (Mark and Jack)
Hug a Giant Day (Jack and Mark)
Winter Cuddles (Jack and Mark)
Misplaced (Jack and Mark) (Contest Entry)
Misplaced (Jack and Mark) (Part 2)
Hug a Tiny Day (Jack and Mark)
Stone Rules (Tyler and Ethan+Mark) Part One(?)
Dark Nights (Mark and Jack) Part 1
A Freaky Friday (Jack and Mark)
Dark Nights (Mark and Jack) Part 2
Fables (Jack and Ethan+Mat)
Good Spoops 🎃 (Jack? and Mark) (Halloween Special)
Lost Boy (Mark and Jack) Part 1
Snowstorm (Jack and Mark) (Part 1)
Snowstorm (Jack and Mark) (Part 2)
Old Man Winter (Jack and Mark) (Part 1?)
Pocket Pal (Mark and Jack)
Pocket Pal (Mark and Jack) (Part 2)
Pocket Pal (Mark and Jack) (Part 3)
Blind Spot (Jack and Mark) (Part 1)
Blind Spot (Jack and Mark) (Part 2)
Blind Spot (Jack and Mark) (Part 3)
Roadblock (Mark and Jack) ( "TEASER" )
A/N that will be deleted within a day (or not)
A Relic of the Past (Jack and Mark) (Part 1)
Thunder (Mark and Jack) (TEASER)
A Relic of the Past (Jack and Mark) (Part 2)
Phantoms of Hope (Nate and Mat+Steph) (Part 1)
Happy Fourth of July! (Mark and Jack)
Phantoms of Hope (Nate and Mat+Steph) (Part 2)
Phantoms of Hope (Nate and Mat+Steph) (Part 3)
Phantoms of Hope (Nate and Mat+Steph) (Part 4)
Exiled (Jack and Mark) (Part 1)
The Song of Rain (Mark and Amy) (Part 1)
The Song of Rain (Mark and Amy) (Part 2...)
Soup (?̷̻̆ͣ̑?̆͑̄?̻̫͔͔̘͋͆ͧ̉ͫ̐̚͘ ̻͉̂͒̌̎͐̀̎́)
Time For Revenge 🎃 (Jack and Mark) (Halloween special) (Part One)
Exiled (Mark and Jack) (Part 2)
Serendipitous Rescue (Part 1) (Mark and Jack)
Emergency Room (Mark and Amy) (Part 1?)
Not So Different (Mark and Jack)
Tagged once more (not a one shot)
Lost and Found ( ?̷̻̆ͣ̑?̆͑̄?̻̫͔͔̘͋͆ͧ̉ͫ̐̚͘ and Y/N) (Part One)
Lost and Found (?̷̻̆ͣ̑?̆͑̄?̻̫͔͔̘͋͆ͧ̉ͫ̐̚͘ ̻͉̂͒̌̎͐̀̎́ and Y/N) (Part Two)
Exiled (Mark and Jack) (Part 3)
Exiled (Mark and Jack) (Part 4)
Exiled (Mark and Jack) (Part 5 v1)
Exiled (Mark and Jack) (Part 5 v2)
Refuge (Mark and Jack)
Isolated (Mark+Amy and Jack) (Part 1)
Loss (Mark and Jack)
Invasive Evasion (Mark and Jack)
Mouse Trap (Jack and Mark)
Taking a Break (Jack and Mark)
A Big Fan (Mat and Nate)
Tiny Footsteps (Mark, Mat and Jack, Nate) (Part 1?)
Serendipitous Rescue (Mark & Jack) (Part 2)
Serendipitous Rescue (Mark & Jack) (Part 3)
Snow Mobilizing (Jack & Mark)
Tiny Footsteps (Mark, Mat and Jack, Nate) (Part 2)
Natural Disaster (Mark+Amy and Jack)
Borrowed Exigency (Mark and Jack)
Space Voy AU Meeting (Jack+Felix & Mark) (Part 1)
Space Voy AU Meeting (Jack+Felix & Mark) (Part 2)
Hooked (Jack and Mark)

A Thief's Remorse (Mark & Jack) (Part 1?)

352 10 20
By PlatonicSeptiplier

The bitter cold air stung in Jack's lungs as he took a breath. The condensation was whipped away from his lips by the chilling breeze as he stared up at what was perhaps- no, definitely, definitely the biggest structure he had laid eyes on. It defied logic. But then again, so did climbing a beanstalk that arched so high it could reach a mythical land in the clouds.

Just yesterday, he'd heard the story. A strange old man had given him weird glowing beans, claiming that they would give him the riches that he and his farm so desperately needed. His family, however, were skeptical, and frustratedly he had tossed them away. But now, here he was, panting in such cold humid air with success from his ridiculous climb. But now who was ridiculous? The old man had been right!

Jack crouched to catch his breath, and when he put his hands down the misty whisps of the cloud billowed around the ends of his limbs like fog. Yet somehow, the surface underneath was soft and yet prickly like grass. He waved away the fog and found that, indeed, the top of the clouds were of the healthiest stalks. Everything in this new world was bewildering; the stars he could see so clearly, and the full moon grinned upon every surface available, making all in its sight glow with a ghostly gleam.

The Irishman rose and turned back to the beanstalk. Though the climb had ended here, it still halted above his head. The leafy stalks twisted and turned, conjoined together to have been strong enough for a scrawny young man like himself. But he didn't dare peek below: it had taken a great deal of will and determination just to make the climb up.

Jack shuddered and looked away, instead fixing his gaze on the massive structure that, despite how far away, took up a great deal of his vision. That had to be where the legendary riches were! His hopes rose, and spurred on by newfound energy he began walking. The closer he came, the bigger it continued to get, and he could note that the building- a castle or mansion, perhaps both- was very old but in magnificent shape. No dust covered a single brick, yet the greenery surrounding it was wild and coiled up the sides with a cold embrace that sought shelter and dependency. The stairs leading up to the grand door were definitely old, but clearly no expenses were spared: this castle was definitely royal.

Jack's fascinated eyes drank in as many details as possible as the castle towered impossibly over him. It was so huge that he had to crane his neck in every which direction just to glimpse the end of each frame. "Whooaa," he breathed. Whoever lived here must have been really rich! The untold fortunes that lay in this abandoned castle were surely enough to save the farm. His mind buzzed with excitement as he made the climb up the giant stairs. Still tired from his previous climb though, getting up the massive slabs proved quite a struggle-- but he was too excited still to find an easier way up, nevermind that these steps weren't for his size. But when he finally hauled his petite frame over the last edge, he caught his breath once more and then approached the huge door.

"Neat gate!" Jack murmured aloud with a grin, "A little too showy for me, of course, but man! Someone had pretty expensive tastes!" He spied his way in through the narrow crack under the door, which fortunately was just big enough for him to fit through. Seeing as he couldn't find the normal way in, he took his entrance and squeezed inside. Once he was in, his jaw simply dropped. Inside it was a little dark, but when his eyes adjusted to the spooky moonlight he was blessed with a wonderful sight: the title of wealth was apparent everywhere. He was in a small hallway that led to a lounging room, where two divine sofas and an armchair of exquisite craftsmanship all centered around a well-kept fireplace, which was massive even if it was more Jack's size. A long fine rug cushioned guests from the hard brown floor, which trailed off to more furniture and rooms of equal beauty. Directly connected was an actual living room instead of a foyer area, where a lovely staircase sat cold and empty. Blown away, Jack followed through the anatomy of the castle-y home and happened upon a brilliant kitchen, a study room, a beverage area, and so many more places; and all seeming like skyscrapers to Jack.

Unfortunately, Jack had not connected the dots with the proportions just yet, as a strange shimmering glow of gold had caught his eye. He squinted curiously and followed it, entering a room farthest away from the front door. He gasped. Every wall bathed in the golden light of piles upon piles of unspeakable treasures. It covered the floor, the only room Jack had seen with dust and cobwebs. He stifled a sneeze and ventured onto the piles, looking from one huge pile to another. Some things were still, oddly, out of proportion and as big or bigger than Jack, but he spied just as many treasures that were more familiar. Jewels glittered everywhere all around him, pearls and diamonds and all kinds of beautiful oddities.

But, interestingly enough, the young farmer did not go for the ostentatious baubles. He turned to a vast pile of regular coins and grabbed only a few meager handfuls. "This should be plenty," he told the wealthy room gratefully, as he stuffed the coins into his sack. The gold only continued to glitter seductively, but now Jack turned a blind eye and started to make his way back through the castle.

But as he started to pass through the kitchen, a light in the living room suddenly switched on. Jack froze, feeling his heart skip in surprise. Electricity? Still? Suddenly, as the doubts started to race in his mind, he heard something: a rhythmic thumping noise. At first, he thought it was his own heart hammering in his breast, but he realized it came from above, like someone walking. And then he heard the stairs creak as the booms continued, coming down and closer.

And suddenly, everything made sense to Jack.

His eyes flew wide open, and he was rooted in place with overwhelming panic. Every story has a monster in it, of course! How did I not see it sooner!? Now he realized why everything was disproportionate to a little user like him, because this castle was not for someone his size. 

This place belonged to a literal giant.

Once this realization hit him, Jack snapped out of his stupor and bolted for the gargantuan counters. He slid under them just in time, as the booming steps made their way down the stairs, and a massive shadow stretched across the floor. The Irishman covered his mouth and tried not to breathe as the brobdingnagian entered the room. He flinched as it let out a deafening yawn and thundered its way up to the counters. Jack tried not to make a sound: the giant's feet looked the size of his farmhouse!

Cabinets opened and slammed as the giant rustled around, and for a dreading moment Jack feared his presence had been discovered. But the giant slammed a cabinet and shuffled away, leaving the Irishman quivering in the cold shadow. He heard a chair shriek as it was pulled back, and the giant sat at the table and poured something. Jack listened, as he didn't dare to move. He flinched as a sudden crunching noise pierced the air, and his fantasy ran wild. Oh god... what if he's eating people!? Jack felt sick, and he tried to push the nausea away as the giant ate. Wait... if it's busy eating, then maybe now's my chance! Jack willed his muscles to move and slowly crept out from under the counter. He risked a glance at the giant, but could only make out a hunched figure with frightening physique. He covered his mouth to stifle a whimper and started tip-toeing across the floor.

Whenever the crunching paused, so did Jack. His heart frolicked a hundred kilometres a second in his throat as he dreaded facing the monster. He picked up the pace and hurried as quickly and quietly as he could, but just before he could reach the final room, something suddenly clattered behind him.

Both stopped. Jack jumped around quite quickly to see a single coin had slipped from his satchel, and was rolling quite noisily away. He cursed himself for not monitoring his gait, but then his heart stopped as the giant turned around in the chair and studied the area. Jack was paralyzed, watching helplessly as the eyes glinted in the dim light a blood-red. He went completely numb when the gaze finally settled on the coin as it clattered to a boisterous halt, and then the two eyes settled on each other. Jack forgot how to breathe. He stared dumbly in the face of death, watching as the eyes narrowed and the pupils constricted. A low growl rumbled in the giant's chest, and it sniffed the air before baring its teeth and tensing to get up.

Jack finally came to his senses and bolted.

He heard the giant get up and thunder after him as he ran across the hard floor. It was hard, running when the very air vibrated with every step. He stumbled many a time, with legs like jelly as he bolted for the front door. Just when he thought he could taste the sweet freedom, a huge hand slammed down in front of him. Jack yelped and fell over, tumbling as his sack spun out of reach, and the large coins spilled out. As he tried to get up, tree-sized fingers came down upon him and wrapped around his body. He was snatched up in a very tight fist, and his concern for freedom quickly whittled down to the desperate wish to breathe. He felt like he was being crushed, and when he tried to scream his voice failed him. Winded, he could only gape like a beached fish as he was lifted up and found himself staring straight into the giant's face.

Though the living room was behind, the light seeping from it was enough to make out the details. The giant's eyes were narrow, and his brow furrowed with what might seem like mere annoyance on anyone else's countenance. His lips were were thinly pressed back in a scowl, and the hairs around his lips and on his jawline were smooth and finely trimmed. Jack stared back with wide eyes, mouth gaping to plea or at least breathe, but he couldn't. His jaw worked as he feebly fidgeted, but he couldn't even move a single fiber of muscle that had so easily overpowered him. He managed to finally whimper, watching dimly as his vision went fuzzy and darkened. This is it, he thought weakly, He's gonna kill me and then toss me in with whatever he was eating... should have known this place wasn't abandoned... stupid, stupid...!

But instead, the pressure on his skinny figure suddenly alleviated, and Jack gasped for air as he collapsed on a leather surface and coughed. It was such a relief to breathe again, and he drank in that delicious air as all else become unimportant. Simply breathing was such a pleasure! Oh, to breathe again! His lungs couldn't seem to get enough air!

As his breathing finally calmed down, Jack started to open his eyes, only to flinch when light suddenly flooded through the entire room. He put his arm over his face to shield his sensitive eyes, but as he did so he felt something slide down his spine. He shuddered and felt a spike of fear rise up in him again. It was the giant's finger, feeling his quivering form and studying him with unnerving curiosity. The Irishman winced as his side was prodded, and he reflexively rolled over and curled up in a ball to protect himself. But it did nothing to assuage the giant prodding finger. Exhausted with terror, Jack could only curl up more tightly and cover his head with his arms, bracing himself. The poking paused. Still, the beast did not growl again. Jack could only hear his own breathing and the giant's.

Then inertia suddenly tugged some as the giant turned and started walking. Jack's heart leaped in his throat as he rolled again, this time unwillingly. He found himself splayed over colossal fingers, and staring down at a vast drop seemingly as far below as the Grand Canyon. He yelped and threw himself back away from the edge, diving to the leathery floor of the giant's hand as he willed every ounce of his being to not fall. The sways of the giant's steps briefly paused, but then continued. They descended down dark stairs and entered a cold basement. Jack shivered, not quite cold, but rather unnerved as he became aware of the waves of heat rolling off the giant's hand.

The giant shuffled through the darkness and rummaged through some things with his free hand. Jack watched blindly, his eyes still trying to catch up with the more advanced ones of the giant's. As his eyes finally adjusted, the giant dragged out a small cage and pulled open the door. Jack's eyes widened, but before he could summon the courage to object he felt the hand tilt, and he went tumbling right into the cage. The bars slammed shut behind him, and was then locked. Jack groaned and sat up. He rubbed his head and looked over as the giant tucked the key in his breast pocket and looked into the cage. They locked eyes again, but Jack leaned away warily. Though the snarl that had partially been on the giant's countenance was lost, he was still afraid what the beast might yet do to him. The eyes narrowed, and the giant stood up and turned away. The door slammed shut behind him, leaving the human in pitch black silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...