déjà vu - KOTLC

By A_mesmer_246

Hi everyone! I will be writing this in my free time (which will be super spreed out, sorry) its takes place... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Not a chapter! Chapter #
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
A/N... Oops (IMPORTANT!)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 48

213 6 32
By A_mesmer_246

Keefe ducked Grady's swing and rolled under him, trying to run. "NO!" Sophie screamed but it was no use. fear buzzed through her mind like bees, stinging at her constantly. Alvar smirked at her reaction. Fintan yanked her back over and griped her hand so hard she thought her knuckles might pop. Grady punched again but managed to yell, "GET OUT OF HERE!"

"Okay so this wasn't really part of the plan!!" Keefe said, dogging Grady's next blow. "Really? We hadn't noticed." Fitz retorted sarcastically, jumping into the fray and swinging at Grady.

"Chill out! my gosh i almost got hit that time!" Keefe said to Grady. Grady glared at him. He looked like he wanted to punch Keefe without the help of Alvar at that moment.

"Not the time boys! Someone get Fintan off Sophie!" Biana yelled. She looked at Sophie with a worried expression but quickly turned back to the fight at hand. Gradys face was scrunched up with concentration. he was trying to stop Alvar's control. Her friends seemed to come out of a daze as the lunged for the other Neverseen members. Biana tackled Vespera to the ground but she quickly countered and pulled out a knife. Stina and Linh went after Gisela who had started running around the perimeter with Alina.

Sophie's attention was brought back to where Grady was. He managed to get a punch on Keefe. A sickening pop was heard through the silver grass when Grady's fist connected with Keefe's jaw. Sophie struggled and squirmed, trying to get to them. Fintan wrenched her back again but then Marella jumped out from behind him and punched him in the nose. His grip loosened just enough for Sophie to twist out of his grip. She hit the ground running and went straight for Alvar. Before Gethen or Fintan could jump after her she raised her elbow and brought it down on Alvar's head, effectively knocking him to the ground. His concentration wavered just enough for Grady to stop and run for Sophie. His eyes locked with hers. she saw His anger and frustration but mostly she saw determination. Fitz pulled out a knife and was back on Alvar. Marella threw flames toward Gethen, who was trying to get to Sophie. He screamed as the flames licked at his face, effectively breaking his concentration. Ruy let out a frustrated grunt as he slashed at Wylie with a dagger. Wylie stopped the blow with a bright glowing sword that appeared out of thin air. Sophie felt Grady grab her arm and she turned to meet his gaze again. "Any bright ideas?" He asked, watching the battles closely.

"No i-- actually I might but we have to get this stuff off us first." Sophie said

"Well thats kind of impossible isn't it." He said in frustration.

"Maybe not. I think Glimmer is here and she knows how to get this off maybe if we--" She suddenly stopped mid sentence. Grady froze at the exact same time. the fog swirled up around her and pulled her into position, gluing her to the ground. Grady started moving towards Fitz and threw another punch. Her hand shot out next to her and someone grabbed it. She cursed under her breath when she saw Alina standing next to her. Gethen flicked on her enhancing and warmth crackled out of her fingertips to Alina's.
"How about we all calm down yes? Take a nice long break..." She said. Her voice was like smooth honey pouring over the honeycomb of battles scattered over the island. everyone seemed to slow down, seeming more tired than before. "Come now, we all need a quick rest dont we?" She said again, her words spinning into sweet cotton candy.

Sophie gritted her teeth, "Stop! Keep going guys!" She practically screamed.

Alina twisted her hand painfully, quickly saying, "Don't listen to her!"

"Guys you have to listen to me!" Sophie shouted. She scanned  the silver field. Her friends seemed slightly sluggish but Keefe was looking straight at her. "Please you have to keep going!" She said to him. He gave her a wink and nodded his head to something behind her. She glanced back and saw Dex creeping closer to her and Alina. He put a finger to his mouth. Alina twisted her hand again but then Dex lunged and knocked her to the ground. She started getting back up with a confused "Wah--" but was interrupted a second time when Sophie kicked her in the head. Dex gasped when he saw a flash of silver and green come from under her hood. "Is that-- is that--"

"Yes and we have to Make sure she doesn't get up for a while!" Sophie said to him. He looked back at her and his anger seemed to melt. So did Sophie's. they were here...

Dex practically read her thoughts and pulled her into a big bear hug. "We missed you..." He said with tears in his eyes. Sophie's spilled over as she hugged him tighter. "Uh, no offense guys, but we really need to finish these guys off!" Tam screamed from across the field. Sophie brought her attention back to the fight.

Biana and Vespera were circling each other. Vespera had a bloody gash over her eye and a long cut on her arm while Biana only had a few small scratches.

Fitz punched Alvar right in the face, sending Alvar tumbling to the ground with a bloody nose.

Linh and Marella had teamed up on Fintan who was struggling to control Marella's flames and avoid Linh's water. He suddenly shot his hands out at them and white hot flames streamed towards them. Marella seemed unaffected but Linh's water almost instantly evaporated in the sudden heat. She fell on her knees as the fire surrounded her but thankfully Maruca sent a glowing forcefeild to her before she got burned.

Stina suddenly screamed and fell to the ground in a heap. Gethen stood over her with his sword raised and bloody. he glared at Sophie but Dex toss something in front of him. it flashed with a blinding light and he stumbled back.

Shadowflux suddenly spilled over the battle field in the form of arrows. Tam stood off to the side but grinned when a few of them hit their marks. flashbacks and fear continued to spill through her. she could already feel her echo reacting but she pushed those thoughts and feelings as far away as possible.

Wylie had finally knocked Ruy over using his sword but was tackled by Trix. Wind swirled around him and whipped at their cloaks.

"Stop this Trix!" Glimmer screamed  from a few feet away. Trix looked up and shrank back. the wind slowed.

"Why? Whats so good about this lot that you have to help them? That you have to turn on me?" He yelled. She didn't respond, she ran at Grady instead. Getting Trix's attention was the perfect distraction to lunge for Grady.

"WAIT--" Gethen shouted but it was to late. She gripped Grady's wrists and the eerie white glow on his wrists stopped as the cuffs fell to the ground. Grady gasped and panted like he just finished running a marathon. He stared at his hands for a second, then grinned. Alvar's face went white as snow. "Uh oh..." He mumbled. Fitz scoffed.

The battle seemed to freeze as Grady started moving at his own will. Fintan was the first to react and he launched another hand out. Red hot flames curled around his hand and he ran straight for Grady. The battle was kicked back into motion.

Ruy stumbled over to a tree but was quickly pinned to it by Tam and a ink-black spear.

Dex was still tossing various gadgets at Gethen to keep his concentration broken so he couldn't use Sophie. Gethen raised his sword but Keefe quickly grabbed a rock and chucked it over to him as hard as a baseball pitch. Gethen stopped when the rock bashed his shoulder . He winced and grabbed his injured sword arm and lowered it.

Gisela finally decided to speak, "Keefe! Stop this now or I will!" She shouted. Keefe Turned toward her with anger in his eyes. "Why should I? So you can give me power I dont want? So you can force me into my 'legacy'?" He screamed. Her reply was interrupted by a blast of fire. Fintan was seething with pure hatred as Grady stared intently at him. "Fintan!" Gisela screamed but was stopped by another burst of fire. Grady winced but kept going. Gisela finally realized what was happening and glared at him. Fintan suddenly punched himself in the face. She scowled, "Grady stop this or I will--"

"I'm going to stop you right there mother my dear!" Keefe said with a smirk. "Just give up." He said. She stood there for a minute, then rolled her eyes and lunged for Maruca. A forcefeild appeared around her and sent Gisela spiraling to the ground.

Keefe ran over to Sophie with hope in his eyes. she smiled. he was here. She ran over to him. almost there... then she stopped Horror crossed over her face when she felt the chains pull her back. NO! It was to late. Dex was unconscious on the ground and Gethen stared right at her. "Keefe run!" She screamed as her ethertine glowed. fear stung through her again, stabbing her heart. She couldent hurt him. She wouldn't... But Gethen had other ideas. Keefes eyes widened but steely determination replaced his shock, "I am not leaving you again foster! You always get all the fun! Time to share!" He joked.

"Keefe now is not the time to be--"

"Im sorry what was that?" He asked with a smirk

"I said--"

"You said you loved me right?"

"Keefe seriously hes got me--"

"Actually I'VE got you but you know, patato-patoto."

"Keefe--"

"Yes?" He asked, still smirking even when she watched her fist swing for his face. "Stop joking around!" She yelled and grimaced as she turned and almost round house kicked him. almost. He grabbed her leg and held it in the air so she couldent move without falling. "Sorry but you know its impossible to turn off, right?" He said. She groaned when he dropped her and she fell on her bum. "Thanks a lot hero." She said as she watched herself get up and dust off.

"See!? I'm irresistible with that title!" He said and blocked Sophie's dagger.

"In case you didn't notice, Gethen is using me right now!" She screamed and punched him with her other arm. He winced when the punch connected with his arm but swung his foot under her. She squealed and tripped, falling on her butt again. "Yeah i know that! That's what makes this so fun!" He said.

"Your impossible!" She said and lunged up faster than she expected. she sung at him again and he tucked and rolled but she didn't stop. Her body kept going. She watched her self sprint over to where Grady was still fighting Fintan. "SOMEBODY STOP ME!" She screamed. Grady turned a second to late and got punched in the face by her. No... She hurt her dad! fear changed to anger. Gethen did this! the Neverseen did this! But she couldent stop it with this stupid circlet on. With Grady's concentration broken Fintan elbowed Grady in the gut and he doubled over next to Brunne. Fintan wiped some of the sweat from his forehead and he snatched Sophie's hand. Oh no...

Energy electrocuted her hand as he grabbed her but his face quickly went from a pained grimace to an unsettling grin. He launched his hand out and neon yellow flames burst from his hands. Her friends screamed and started panicking. "Everyone over here!" Maruca shouted. Her friends started running straight for her, dragging Dex and Stina with them. Sophie tried to tell them that it was a trap. that Fintan was going to make it look out of control and then use her enhancing, but chains seemed to wrap around her throat. Gethen... Fear and anger dropped on her like a bucket of ice water. It shocked her system and sent her struggling to breath. Maruca had put a forcefeild around them and was trying to put one around Grady, Brunne, and Sophie. Sophie desperately started at her, hoped Maruca would see the warning in her eyes. When Maruca looked at her it was to late and Fintan chuckled as he pulled the uncontrollable flames around them, trapping them in a ring of unstoppable fire. her freinds blanched at the sight of it. Keefe just shook his head, "How..."

"Am I doing this?" Fintan interrupted, finishing Keefes question for him. His eyes gleamed with triumph as he shook Sophie's hand slightly, "ask her." He said. Her freinds eyes went wide with relization. Sophie shivered in the intense heat. Fear crawled through her like a million tiny bugs. she felt queasy looking at the bright flames and equally unsettled by the person who's controlling them.

Gethen just laughed at their reactions.
Alvar wiped his bloody nose and angerly paced outside the ring.

Brunne whimpered, finally recovering from his injury. He scrambled away from the flames but stumbled again. Fintan laughed at his struggle, "Still cant get out of your own memories?" He asked. Brenne shuddered, "If I could I would..." He said sadly. Fintan turned his head and sneered when he saw Grady try to get up. "I wouldn't do that If I were you Grady." Fintan said threateningly. Grady froze in his place as though he had his cuffs back on. Fintan laughed, "its to bad they didn't put a forcefeild on you isn't it?" He said. Orange flames started crawling towards Grady. "You know Grady... I think its time for me to exact my revenge..." Fintan said.

Lady Giselas eyes widened, "Fintan this wasn't part of the--"

"I dont care about you failing plane anymore Gisela, your son isn't capable of it! Besids... I would like to settle my grudge..."

"NO! NO PLEASE!" Sophie screamed in his grasp. She jerked as hard as she could but he wouldent budge. Fintan laughed at her hysterics, "I dont know what I enjoy more, burning Grady or having Sophie watch." He said. The flames went faster, grew higher. She could hear her friends screams. She could hear Maruca crying, trying to get another forcefeild up.

"Say hello to Jolie for me..." Fintan mocked as the flames roared up even higher...

Just before the Glowing sparks touched Grady's face Brunne Barrelled into him and knocked them both to the other side of the everblaze. Fintan growled in frustration and sent the flames speeding toward them but just before they hit a forcefeild enclosed the two. Wet tears streamed down Sophie's face. They're okay... They're okay... They're okay...

That's when she noticed That Brunne's hood flew down when he tackled Grady...

Grady sat in shock...

Her friends gasped and choked on air...

Tears started spilling down Sophie's face again...

It couldent be...

Its impossible...

But there Kenric stood in Brunne's place...

...I've made my dreams all come true with this chapter guy's! I hope you all enjoyed it and I am so sorry about the wait. Big things are coming in the next to chapters to so watch out! Also I'm so so sorry about my bad combat scene but I really did try! Your all so very welcome! ;)   (Lest all be real, we all cried when he died so now he's back! Suffer no more!)

Lol anyway, Thank you all so much for souppourting me and giving me the ideas I needed for this to happen! you have no idea how much it means to me and how grateful I am for you all ❤️

I hope you enjoyed!

Word count: 2605

~@A_mesmer_246

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 157 21
Sophie Foster thought she was ready for anything the world could throw at her. But after discovering Elysian, she realizes something: Whatever she do...
2.5K 12 200
The title says it all. There is a Part 2 on this account called Everything KOTLC 2 Also you may choose the cover. Would anyone like for me to do a Pa...
8.5K 185 33
This fanfic takes place after Unlocked, which ends (spoiler alert) with Keefe leaving. Sophie's feeling pretty awful, but the Neverseen is still a th...
8.6K 140 36
This is a KOTLC fanfic that starts directly after the Stellarlune cliffhanger. It's told from Keefe and Sophie's POVs. Blurb: Sophie and her friends...