Little Dragon

By Unknown_Deity267

Author: FCTSyndrome on Fanfiction.net This is a Cedric x Harry pairing What if when Hagrid first took Harry t... More

<Authors Note>
Chapter 1: The Soul Bond
Chapter 2: Welcome Home
Chapter 3: Settling In
Chapter 4: The Healers Contract
Chapter 5: Life at the Dursleys
Chapter 6: The Dursley Fallout
Chapter 7: The Special Talk
Chapter 8: Meeting Sirius
Chapter 9: To Hogwarts!
Chapter 10: Sorting and Unity
Chapter 11: The Beginning of Change
Chapter 12: You Dirty Rat!
Chapter 13: The Descent
Chapter 14: Retribution
Chapter 15: First Fight
Chapter 16: Nightmares Abound
Chapter 17: Enter the Dragon
Chapter 18: Quidditch and Heart Attacks
Chapter 20: Mistletoe Mayhem
Chapter 21: Christmas Surprises
Chapter 22: Little One
Chapter 23: The Missing Egg
Extra Note!
Chapter 24:
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
End

Chapter 19: Srorrim dna Pihstruoc, Sreirrac

614 24 1
By Unknown_Deity267

Little Dragon

Authors Note: So the title may be simple but I'm still rather proud of it anyways! ^-^

I am so very sorry about the long wait! I wound up having a bad case of pancreatitis and wound up in the hospital for a week and had to get my gallbladder and some gall stones taken out. Not fun! I promise that I'll try to get the next chapter up soon!

Disclaimer: If I were lucky enough to own Harry Potter then all of my dreams would have come true. That and Fred would still be alive, and Hedwig, and Siri, Remmy, well... A lot of people. That is all.
_________________________________________

"Here are the names of all students who will be going home for the holidays as well as those who will be staying," Minerva said at the end of the staff meeting as she pulled out two rather lengthy rolls of parchment from her bag and placed them on top of the table before Albus.

"Very well," Albus said with a sigh as he took the two scrolls and stood, "That will be all, I shall make the necessary preparations and-"

"There is no need for that Albus," Minerva said as she turned and looked at him, her lips thin and the warmth in her gaze that Albus had grown accustomed to lacking. It had been this way since before the school year had started and grown worse with each passing day. "I have already made the necessary preparations and it is too late to change them I'm afraid."

Ah, so she really did not trust him anymore it would seem...

"Very well, then all is settled. Good day to you all," Albus said as he once again rose from his seat and walked quickly from the staff room to his personal chambers.

Once there Albus quickly unrolled the smaller of the two lists and quickly scanned it, upon reaching the bottom of the parchment Albus gave something similar to a snarl and nearly tore the second scroll in half as he forced it to open far too quickly in his haste to read over the list of names for students who would be returning home for the holiday.

There. Right there under the list of every Weasley who attended Hogwarts and before Longbottom and Granger. Harry Potter.

No. He could not leave the school! Too many things had gone wrong already, how would Albus possibly get him to look at the mirror otherwise? Voldemort would try to take the stone and Harry would have to know how the mirror worked, otherwise all of Albus' preparations would be for nothing! But then, what would Harry see within the mirror?

Perhaps he would see that 'Balaur' character, and if Harry believed that he was alone then perhaps he would let something slip? Yes, he would just have to move up his plans! Perhaps a compulsion charm would work? Yes, not on the boy himself though... He needed to behave and that would just cause more trouble for him if anyone were to find it...

On the mirror itself? Yes, that might work. Especially if it were tuned directly to work only on Harry. Yes, that would be perfect.

Very well, time to prepare. Albus had work to do...
_________________________________________

"Why does Astronomy have to be so late?" Ron groaned as he and the rest of the first years trudged up the many sets of stairs required to reach the Astronomy Tower.

"So that we can see the stars obviously," Hermione huffed from beside him as she rolled her eyes at him yet again. "You can't very well study Astronomy very well during the day can you?"

"I actually agree with Ron on this one," Harry murmured as he stifled a yawn and Neville had to catch him before he could trip. "The late hour just messes with our chances of memorizing anything, you go there tired and come back exhausted. It would be okay every once in a while but apart from that it just messes up your internal clock."

"Well how else would we study?" Dean asked as they started up yet another set of stairs. "We can't really get much out of books, they teach you the same but it's a lot more boring."

"True, but I would much rather they use some sort of observatory and study that after our usual classes like with the flying lessons. That way everyone is awake enough for the class and can appreciate it more."

"That's actually a great idea Harry! I wonder how they could make it work though since electricity doesn't work around magic..." Hermione trailed off with a thoughtful look on her face.

"I'm not sure, we could ask about it later though-"

"Okay, whats an observratory?" Neville asked cutting Harry off mid sentence with a look of confusion firmly in place on his face.

"An observatory," Hermione corrected with a small smile as they finally reached the door of the tower and waited for it to open, "Is a place where they study Astronomy but what Harry was talking about is where they put a projection or an image of the sky and stars onto the ceiling and walls of a dark room so that you can study them whenever you wish like, as Harry said, during the day."

"Wicked! We should definitely do that! Then we could get more sleep and actually remember what we learned!" Ron cheered and the others joined in on his excitement.

With a smile Harry looked around at the group of first years, pleased to see that even the Slytherin's seemed to be pleased with this idea. Perhaps now would be a good time to try and talk to them?

Before Harry could even finish contemplating his options his gaze was drawn to a door that stood innocently off to the side and yet... Harry felt drawn to it, not as he had been drawn to Charlie or even his own wand but yet... Something was urging him forward...

"Harry," Hermione said as she grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the tower door and effectively snapping him out of whatever daze he had been in before. "Come on, Astronomy is about to start."

With that the two joined their classmates on the climb of yet more stairs.

In the shadows behind them icy blue eyes narrowed in anger and a silent curse was hissed as yet another of Albus Dumbledore's plans failed.
_________________________________________

The great hall seemed to be empty despite the cluster of children currently inhabiting it. Those students who were still in their first year at Hogwarts had been gathered together for the one lesson which they had all been dreading with all of their beings. Of these first years none were dreading this lesson quite as much as Harry Potter and Ron Weasley however.

It had taken weeks after the failed attempt of 'The Talk' for Harry to once again grow comfortable with human contact let alone hugs and for Ron to finally believe that humans didn't hatch from eggs. Needless to say they would have much preferred if they could get on with life instead of be reminded yet again of that dreadful day.

However, here they sat, clustered in a huddle with the other first years in much the same way as they had while they awaited their turn to be presented to the rest of the school for the sorting ceremony. Odd how the mere thought of the unknown caused them to cluster together for support and, for the first time that year, there were no house lines to cross. Merely the silent comfort of another's presence at your side.

"Welcome," Professor McGonagall called out in her firm crisp voice and effectively silenced the few futile attempts at conversation. Instantly it were as though the air within the great hall had both dropped in temperature and gained in density until each of the students seemed to slump with some unseen weight.

After a moments pause in which the hall was filled with an unnatural stillness Professor McGonagall seemed to give in and, with a rueful twist to her lips, she waved her wand at the table the first years had gathered around and the table were instantly laden with large mugs of hot chocolate and platters of biscuits.

"That's better," She said with a soft and gentle smile that both shocked and set at ease each of the first years as they each claimed a mug, "This talk is awkward enough for all involved, we may as well make it as enjoyable as possible," She continued as she then went about conjuring a seating area for herself which included a high backed reading chair, which she gratefully sank down into, as well as a small side table complete with a steaming tea set and her very own platter of Ginger Newts.

"Now, as you are all aware you have been gathered today for... What the muggles would call 'Sexual Education'. While this is true, there is much more that we will be discussing today. You see, we as magical beings have a slightly more complicated system than muggles do. For instance, with muggles they are able to split their students into groups based on gender, it is not this simple for us. While we do in fact have male and females, as well as certain information for each of them, we also possess a third category of you who are known as carriers.

"Carriers are those of you who are male, but who also possess the ability to give birth. That is not to say however that they are female or even expected to give birth. It, as it is for women, is a choice.

"In the muggle world Carriers do not exist. Male pregnancy is thought of in much the same way that magic is. Impossible. However, as you all know very well, that is not the case.

"Now, for those of you who are wondering how Carriers are even possible, I shall tell you now. While we are all in the womb, that is to say your mothers stomachs, there is a short time in which our genders are not chosen. Some say that during this time we are all, in essence, female. Or at least that those of you who are male went through a short time where you were female. Carriers are those of you whose magic reacted, or whose mothers magic reacted, during this phase and in essence changed it so that while they are male they also have the necessary organs and functionality that will allow them to give birth.

"Carriers possess a womb just as females, though it is accessed differently. If a Carrier becomes pregnant then they will give birth either through a Caesarean section, or a cut through the stomach to gain access to the womb which would then be healed in a way far simpler and much safer than it is for muggles. In other cases however it is possible to 'create' an alternate birth channel for the child. This is usually accompanied through the use of potions or a series of spells that will create the birth channel temporarily and can be reversed after words.

"Now, females are already equipped with a natural birthing channel and the use of Caesarean section is used only in extreme cases.

"For both Carriers and females the geostationary period lasts for eight months and-"

On it went, with Professor McGonagall taking short pauses in which she would take a sip of tea or even on occasion munching on one of the Ginger Newts from the tray. Through talks of pregnancy, how pregnancy occurs, female menstrual periods and the fact that Carriers, while they would occasionally acquire the cramps that were associated with this along with the occasional bout of mood swings, would largely avoid this ordeal. Talk on body odor and the spells which could be used to prevent such a thing from occurring as well as so many other topics that sent the students to dunking a biscuit into their hot chocolate if only to avoid the gazes of their fellow first years and even the elderly professor.

"Now, I am well aware that I can not tell you to abstain from any such acts," Professor McGonagall said as she sat forward in her seat and pinned each of them with her stern gaze, "However, I do highly recommend that you abstain until you are at least fourteen. The age of consent is reached at the fourteenth birthday in which the influx of magic that begins at your eleventh birthday settles. With this settling of the magical core the core itself will then be able to handle the further influx of power that happens when one forms such a bond as is likely to happen with any such act. Yes, miss Granger?"

Hermione, who sat with her hand in the air flushed as all gazes turned to her before she managed to stammer out her question.

"Professor, you said that a... Bond could be formed by... That," Here she resembled a tomato with how brightly she was blushing," But, how could it? Surely not everyone who does... That, care about each other enough for that to happen?"

"That is an excellent question miss Granger, with a very simple answer. While we have a vast understanding of magic and what it can do we do not know everything about it. That is why there are still new discoveries to be made and that are made every day. In essence, magic is uncontrollable and some believe that it has a will of its own much like many believe that this castle is. Quite honestly I myself am one who believe that magic is sentient in the way that it joins us together or seems to lead us but that is besides the point.

"When a bond forms through this joining it is caused by the two parties magic activating and responding to the other. That is why I strongly advise that none of you act frivolously in such matters, lest you find yourself forever bound to one who was supposed to be a mere one night stand.

"For many of you this is especially advised seeing as you have either a betrothal contract or perhaps at the time you were in the midst of a courtship. If you were to find yourself bound to another the political and personal backlash could be far worse than the unwanted bond itself. This is why I urge you all to tread lightly. If you wish to speak to someone on these matters in greater details then I encourage you to seek out one of your professors and speak to us about it. Do not enter lightly into a bond or courtship and think deeply of your feelings for the other person before taking your relationship further."
_________________________________________

As the first years left the great hall, some fleeing quickly and others moving sluggishly as though dragged down by the weight of what they had just learned, Harry and his friends made their way slowly towards the library where they would settle into their usual table and attempt to finish their homework and forget about the whole ordeal that they had just been forced to suffer.

On the way however Harry came to a stop before a room whose door stood slightly ajar, that same strange pull that he had felt that day while they waited for astronomy calling for him to enter the room...

"Harry?" Ron asked as he came over and placed his hand on Harry's slight shoulder. "You okay mate?"

"Hmm, oh yeah Ron. I was just thinking, why is this door open? It's just an empty classroom right?"

"Maybe Peeves?" Neville suggested as he and Hermione moved closer to the pair.

"Yeah maybe," Harry said getting ready to turn around when the door slowly swung open of it's own accord and the feeling grew stronger.

As the door opened fully the torches within the room lit and Harry found himself staring straight into his own reflection caused by a towering ancient, ornate, golden mirror with clawed feet and the words 'Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi' enscribed about its frame.

"That's strange," Hermione muttered from behind him as she pulled out a small piece of parchment and wrote down the inscription. "I wonder what it means," But Harry was unable to find it in himself to reply to his friends as he continued to gaze into the strange mirror.

Harry could see nothing strange about the mirror or even his own reflection and yet, as he continued to stare at his reflection, Harry couldn't help but think about his new life.

He had a family now, the Dursley's would never hurt him again, he would be spending the coming holidays with his new family and friends. Harry was happy! So very happy and he wouldn't trade his new life for anything.

"Harry?" Hermione asked in concern as she gained his attention back from the odd mirror and his own thoughts. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"Hmm," Harry hummed as he finally looked away from the oddly entrancing mirror and back towards his friends. "Oh, nothing 'Mione, the mirror is just weird is all, it must be a seventh years newt project or something. I wonder what it'll do once it's finished?"

With that they went on their way, each completely unaware of the icy blue eyes that glared at them from the shadows as they left...
_________________________________________

Authors Note: And done! It took far too long but I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter anyway! ^-^

Coming up next chapter, the winter holidays begin! Enter some more Charlie/Harry fluffiness! :3

Word Count: 2975

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 5.8K 102
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
98.3K 2.9K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
198K 6.9K 96
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
85.9K 3K 51
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...