Pain Always Comes After Happi...

By ShatteredOJ

After Jake Sterling loses his 8 of his friends, he begins to act differently. He doesn't get sleep, he gets s... More

Chapter 1- This Wasn't Supposed To Happen
Chapter 2- An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 4- A Strange Night
Chapter 5- Not The Truth
Chapter 6- The Truth
Chapter 7- Alone In The Rain
Chapter 8- Just A Dream
Chapter 9- Pain Always Comes After Happiness
Chapter 10- Look At What You've Gotten Yourself Into
Chapter 11- I Want To Go Home
Chapter 12- 2 On 2 Hallucinations
Chapter 13- November Snow
Chapter 14- Jake..?
Chapter 15- I'm Right Here
Chapter 16- I'll Get Us Out Of Here
Chapter 17- Hold On
Chapter 18- Finally Free
Chapter 19- Void of Nothingless
Chapter 20- Separated From Feeling Okay
Chapter 21- Broken Daisy Petals
Chapter 22- Regretfully Insane
Chapter 23- Insanity Got To The Flower
Chapter 24- Unexpected News????
Chapter 25- I forgive you :)
Chapter 26- I Can't Imagine Life Without You
Chapter 27- I Can't Stand It
Chapter 28- Goodbye
Thank you...

Chapter 3- A Strange Day

1.9K 43 168
By ShatteredOJ

If you are new to this- Please go read the other parts to understand the following! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Jakes POV -

As soon as Milo got home, I told him to get his bike, and to put his basket on it. I did the same, I don't know how we're supposed to get the groceries home, so I think I just have to let the day go how the day goes. I was still in my pajamas. Well all it was was comfortable pajama pants and a t-shirt, so I think I'd be okay to go to the store like this. Milo told me that he didn't want to get embarrassed next to me. Next to someone that looked tired, sick, pale as heck, dead, and was still in their pajamas. I told him that I would take a shower before we left, so I did. All that changed was that I looked less tired, I don't know how that works. I decided to get out of my pajamas, because what's the point in getting back into them? There is none.

- At the store -

M: " Jakkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeee I want to go to the snack aisle! "

J: " Milo, we will when we get Mom's groceries, we're almost done I promise. "

M: " Ughhhhhhh fineeee! "

I give him a smile, it wasn't real like always though. Yet he doesn't quite know what's going down for him. It's either he's gonna sit and play on his phone all day, or he's gonna actually have fun with me. I hope it's the second option though, it's been a while since me and my brother have had some quality time. Oh! And that's everything on the list, I don't think me and Milo should get snacks right now, just so it's easier to get home. We can get snacks later at the mall when we go for food and the arcade. I am not sure how that will go, all I know is that it'll be fun. Maybe it won't. but I'd like to think of it as fun.

M: " Jake? Where are we going!? The snacks are that way, why are we going to the check-out line? "

J: " We aren't getting snacks at the moment, Milo. "

M: " But Jake! You promised! "

J: " We will get them later! "

M: " This is why I wish to have a different brother. "

Huh? Just because I said no to snacks for now? What he said did actually hurt me, I don't know why. I've heard this stuff many times before, but it hurt me this time... whatever, we're siblings, we say that stuff. Right? That hurt me a lot more than it should have. I keep saying it, but it's just something about what he said. And then it hit me, he said that this is why he wishes it. Almost like he wishes it all the time. Whatever, it doesn't matter.

M: " Jake..? "

J: " Milo! I- uhh agree! "

M: " Jake I didn't say anything worth agreeing. Unless.. You wished you were never born so another brother would be born. "

M: " ... "

M: " Jake. I don't know what it is with you lately... but you changed. "

J: " You know, Milo... I am staying home for the next week and a half. "

M: " What- Why? Why didn't I know this? Can I also stay home!? "

J: " You'll understand soon enough. "

MJ: " Oh! Jake! "

J: " M-Miss Jones!? What are you doing here!? "

MJ: " I was just getting some milk. We ran out at home and my kids don't trust their father to go. "

J: " Uh-Huh. "

M: " Is that your teacher!? "

J: " M-Milo! "

MJ: " You must be Jake's brother, huh? Oh by the way Jake, how are you feeling? "

J: " I still feel horrible, but Mom needed groceries so she asked me to get them. "

M: " You're sick!? "

J: " No Milo- well.. yes. It's a long story okay? "

MJ: " Well, at least you're doing alright as far as I know of. Do you need help or anything? Do you need a ride home? "

M: " YES! We only have our bikes and ALL of these groceries! "

J: " Milo, don't be rude! "

MJ: " It's quite alright. Well, I would love to give you guys a ride. "

M: " Does that mean we can get snacks!? "

J: " We don't need to be a bother! "

MJ: " Oh I am fine with it! I love to hangout with my students! They always have their unique side to them that they might not see, or others may not see. It's truly amazing! "

Milo gave me a side-eye smile. What a child. When I was 12 I never acted like this. Maybe that was because I was bullied, and he is that popular boy.

- In Miss Jones' very safe car -

MJ: " Oh Jake that reminds me, are you and Zoey together? I saw her walk out of your house. "

M: " Jake has a girlfriend!? "

J: " No we aren't together. She was only there because she thought she could use me again. "

MJ: " I might have a talk with her, I thought I saw her walk out of the school when I was getting in my car for lunch break, but when I looked I saw nothing. "

J: " Makes sense, she's Zoey. "

MJ: " You sound better by the way. But your voice still sounds horrible, just a little better though. "

M: " Yeah, why does your voice sound like that? "

J: " My throat. It's been killing me. "

MJ: " This is your house, right? Do you need me to help you unload? "

J: " Nah, that's alright. "

M: " Yea, someone as strong as me should definitely take the job! "

Me and Miss Jones both rolled our eyes. Miss Jones could already tell that she will have a lot to deal with when Milo is my age. But she also has no idea if she would even have Milo, considering my family and her family could move at any moment. I have doubts though.

- In the house -

J: " Come on, Milo! Help me! "

M: " I already helped you! I grabbed my own snacks! "

J: " Whatever then. Don't come asking me to help when Mom gets more stuff later this week. "

It wasn't often we had to go to the store, this was because there is just Mom, Milo, Me, and Oreo in my family. Mom didn't ask for much stuff this time, even if it seemed like a lot, it really wasn't. At least she didn't ask me to bring Milo to the soup aisle again. Mom was sick that day and we didn't have any soup, so she told us to get her some soup. I didn't think she'd trust me with Milo again but here we are.

- 2 Hours Later -

M: " Jake... Where's Mom? "

J: " She isn't here? "

M: " No.. "

J: " Oh Right. She won't be home until about 2. "

M: " Then... What's for supper? "

J: " Go get your bike... get mine too. "

M: " For what? "

J: " You'll see. " I said with a grin.

Milo looked scared and excited at the same time. I can't blame him, but I always love surprises. Unless the surprise is a very disturbing thing, I don't want to go near it. He went to get the bikes. I was excited too, but something didn't feel quite right. Eh, nothing ever felt right anymore so I should be ok.

- At The Mall -

M: " What are we doing at the mall? "

J: " To eat, silly. "

M: " Are we eating at Stacy's MamaMia Pizza!? " He asked with a big smile.

J: " Yeah, we are! "

M: " Oh My Goodness! Yay! Thank you! "

- At Stacy's MamaMia Pizza -

J: " Yeah, can we get a pepperoni pizza please? With 2 large sodas and cheesy breadsticks too... Yeah, thanks. "

J: " Okay, Milo, we have to go to the seats over there. " I said pointing to his favorite spot.

It was a coincidence, we never get to pick our spots here. But then I heard a very familiar voice. I kinda froze, looked behind me, and almost screamed. I saw Sean and Milly walking in to get pizza. How can they be so happy..? We only had that drama happen a few days ago, unless they knew this was going to happen and was acting out the whole thing. No, it couldn't be, the pain in their eyes were too much for even me to look at.

J: " M-Milo..? D-Do you want to have the seat that faces where the customers come in? Can I please have the seat facing away? "

M: " You sound scared. But sure, Afterall, you got me snacks and this today. "

I was relieved. That only lasted a second when they walked to some seats diagonally from us. I couldn't ask Milo to change seats again- I couldn't. It was too late already, Milly saw me. She looked excited for a second but then remembered what happened, and then it faded into sadness, into frustration, into anger. But coincidentally and luckily, our pizza was done. That was so quick, the waitress came over to serve us our food. She looked familiar, something about those black eyes. They looked almost too familiar, so beautiful, and like home. That's when it hit me... They looked like Hailey's eyes. The lady gave me two large cups, I saw Milly get up for that same reason, but I knew I probably wouldn't make it through tonight. I asked Milo what he wanted very slowly so maybe I could avoid Milly, but it appeared she was waiting for me for how long she was taking to get her drink. Milo told me he wanted a sprite, here goes nothing. I took a deep breath, and silently and slowly walked over there. Milly must've heard Milo, so she specifically stood in front of the sprite. She stayed there, but no matter how scared I was, I kept walking over. I got over there for what felt like hours, and began to get some fanta, my choice of drink. I knew I was being stared at, I slightly looked over at Milly, I think she was waiting for that moment.

J: " Miss, may you please move? I am trying to get some sprite. "

M: " Sure, Jake. " She sounded very threatening.

M: " Why weren't you at school today, Huh? Hailey told me that you weren't there. Zander told me that he was relieved that he didn't have to deal with you. "

I turned around to look at her.

Milo: " Miss who are you? "

Milly: " Wha- I swear you were Jake! "

Milo: " I don't know a Jake, so why don't you back off before I tell my dad. "

Milly: " Like your Daddy could do anything to me. Now tell me, you look like Jake, but you're shorter, green eyed, and sound nothing like him. Where. Is. Jake? "

Milo: " I don't know a Jake! Go away you creep! "

Sean: " Milly! What are you doing!? "

Milly: " I am trying to get this kid to talk to me about Jake! "

Milo: " I. Don't. Know. A. Jake! "

Sean: " Milly, he clearly doesn't know who Jake is. Why are you trying to get Jake anyways!? "

Milly: " I swear I saw him with this boy! "

Sean: " You told me you weren't sick anymore! But these hallucinations keep on getting worse and worse! Let's get you home, we will take the pizza to go. "

Milly: " I'm NOT sick anymore! What I saw was real! "

Milo: " Sir, do you need to put your girlfriend in the hospital? "

Sean: " I might have to take her, kid. But please go back to your spot, and I'm sorry. Don't mind her, she's been hallucinating ever since she got sick on Friday, one of the reasons we couldn't compete in the competition. A music competition. "

Milly: " I am sorry Sean, I know he was a hallucination. I'm just... mad I guess. And Kid, we are not dating! Say that again and I'll punch your guts out! "

Sean: " It's alright Milly, now let's go grab our food and leave. "

I see Milo go back to our seats, and give me a thumbs up. I walk over there with relief. I'm so relieved Milo agreed to get our drinks, and most importantly, lie to my ' friends '

- After Eating At The Pizza Place -

M: " Aren't we going home? The exit is that way. "

J: " I am taking you to the arcade, too. "

M: " LETS GOO! "

I laughed. Of course it wasn't true happiness, it was just what siblings do. I am also excited to go to the arcade, despite being sick of course. What a Strange Day it's been. I swear I just saw Zoey and Lia walk into a shoe place. Now I actually gotta start going. We've reached the arcade, but I am pretty sure Zoey and Drew got back together so now I see Drew in the arcade! Why am I seeing everyone here today? It's like they're following me without even knowing it! They might know, I don't know. It's like the last time I was here, I was here with Hailey, Zander, Luke, Sean, and Milly. We were all on the search for Sean's Laptop. I saw Drew, Zoey, Lia, Liam, and Henry all here! I feel so stressed out. But I know Milo is really excited so I pulled my hood up on the hoodie I was wearing. I wasn't wearing my Jacket because that made me think of things, like music or the last time I was here, when Zanders Mom told me to keep my valuables in sight, or Bethany might get them. I kept my Jacket close to me then. Milo gave me the ' why the heck do you have your hood up? ' look. And then he looked to his right and he realized why.

M: " Jake we don't have to go here. We can come here another time! "

J: " No it's fine, you are really excited for it. "

None of us felt like arguing, so we dropped it and we started playing games together. It was in fact really fun. And Drew left 2 minutes after we arrived there, thankfully. I looked at the time, 8:19.

J: " Milo, we've been here for an hour, how about we got Mom a present, Huh? "

M: " Sure, what do you have in mind? "

J: " I dunno... I think she sent me a picture of a necklace she really liked and started obsessing over it. "

M: " How much was it do you think? "

J: " I don't know- maybe we should go look! "

We did look, and it was there. It had mini diamonds in it with a ruby for the middle. It was truly beautiful, but it costed a couple hundred dollars. Eh, she's been so good to us, I might as well give it to her for her birthday, which is coming up soon. Milo said he almost felt bad that I spent so much money today, but I don't mind. It was to make my loved ones happy. Which made me happy... usually. We made it back home in no time, and it was so close to being dark outside. We like being outside in the dark, it's comforting and strange all at the same time. Milo needed help with his homework like every other normal night. This should be easy, I haven't been his age for 5 years. We got that done in 5 minutes, he was just learning how to multiply fractions is all. It was soon 10:45 so he had to go to bed. I wanted to stay up and wait for Mom, but I kept getting called by Zoey... of course, Milly, and... ZANDER!? I decided not to answer them, I don't need anymore pain from them than they have already caused. What am I thinking!? I was the one to cause the pain. This is MY fault. I turned the alerts for all of my friends off, and I listened to music while reading a book. There was less than 4 hours before Mom was gonna get home so I had all the time in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 2,763

Total Word Count: 6248

A/N: I made this one a little longer than the other ones. This chapter was actually intended to be longer, but maybe people most likely don't want to read the long things I write. This was a strange episode. I was in class doing some of it, but noooo my mind had to be stressed out causing me not being able to concentrate on anything! Well at least I got it out tonight. That's all that matters, Right? I don't feel the best about this chapter but hey, I tried😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 392 36
This takes place after ep.9 so ep.10 has not been released yet by @rosyclzy. Band competition, romance, friendship. The band forgives Jake for what...
7.1K 142 15
Luke and Zander met when they where young. Childhood friend ☑ Eventually joining the music club and making more friends Expand friendship group ☑ Z...
4.6K 162 8
This takes place after Zoey leaked the audio to the whole school. All she wanted, and expected was for Jake to be bullied and brought back to what ha...
8.5K 97 23
||| OG STORY WAS MADE BY @Tocobell321234 ||| Jake and Hailey have recently confessed their feelings to each other, sadly, the jomies and Zander would...