Pain Always Comes After Happi...

By ShatteredOJ

After Jake Sterling loses his 8 of his friends, he begins to act differently. He doesn't get sleep, he gets s... More

Chapter 2- An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 3- A Strange Day
Chapter 4- A Strange Night
Chapter 5- Not The Truth
Chapter 6- The Truth
Chapter 7- Alone In The Rain
Chapter 8- Just A Dream
Chapter 9- Pain Always Comes After Happiness
Chapter 10- Look At What You've Gotten Yourself Into
Chapter 11- I Want To Go Home
Chapter 12- 2 On 2 Hallucinations
Chapter 13- November Snow
Chapter 14- Jake..?
Chapter 15- I'm Right Here
Chapter 16- I'll Get Us Out Of Here
Chapter 17- Hold On
Chapter 18- Finally Free
Chapter 19- Void of Nothingless
Chapter 20- Separated From Feeling Okay
Chapter 21- Broken Daisy Petals
Chapter 22- Regretfully Insane
Chapter 23- Insanity Got To The Flower
Chapter 24- Unexpected News????
Chapter 25- I forgive you :)
Chapter 26- I Can't Imagine Life Without You
Chapter 27- I Can't Stand It
Chapter 28- Goodbye
Thank you...

Chapter 1- This Wasn't Supposed To Happen

3.3K 63 146
By ShatteredOJ

- Jakes POV -

I... I don't know what to do anymore. I just lost 8 of my friends, all in the span of a day. It was all Drew, Liam, Henry, Hailey, Zander, Luke, Milly, and Sean. Nothing feels right anymore, I want to go home. But I am afraid, I can't go back. I mean, I can physically go back home, just never mentally. The people I held dear in my heart are all gone... They were my.. my home. I don't feel well. I think I might ask to go home, the pain is unbearable. I have no idea what to do anymore. I keep saying it, it's the truth. What wasn't the truth however, was what I said about the club. That filthy stuff the club made me feel and say most of all. I can't pay attention to anything going on, nobody has noticed.. Who would anyway? No one. That's who.

MJ: " JAKE STERLING! "

J: " H-Huh!? Oh.. Sorry... Miss Jones. "

MJ: " It's quite alright. Do you need to go to the nurse? You look sick! "

J: " Yeah, I don't feel too well. It's the worst I've ever felt. "

MJ: " Oh Dear! Get some rest please! We will send you home right away! And please... get some sleep, you look like you haven't slept in days. "

She was right. I haven't slept for the last week. I didn't know it was possible but ever since... that incident, and the nightmare happened, I have never been able to sleep. I am pretty sure you could die if you don't sleep for over 10 days, but how would I know? It hasn't been 10 days... yet...

MJ: " JAKE! " Miss Jones yelled again.

J: " Oh my goodness! Sorry Miss! "

MJ: " Jake... Can we talk... outside? "

J: " Uhh, sure? "

- Outside of the classroom -

* Sigh * " Jake, do you have something going on? "

J: " Huh? Oh no.. I just haven't been feeling too well, like in a sick way. Not in the mental way at all. I think it's best if I stay at home for a few days. " I was hesitant to say every word.

MJ: " I'll make sure not to assign you any assignments. I know that I am not allowed to do that unless you're in hospital... But by the looks and sounds of it, you won't be coming back until next week. "

J: " Oh that's alright, you don't have to do that! I would hate to be such a burden. " I said even though I already am.

MJ: " No I don't want to put anything more onto your plate, and besides, that's one less person I have to grade. "

J: " I.. I suppose you're right. I'll text my mom to come and pick me up, if that's okay with you. "

MJ: " Of course it is Jake! Now do you want to wait in the office or in the classroom? "

J: " Uhh.. The classroom please. B-but can I go to the bathroom please..? "

MJ: " Of Course Jake. When you come back you can do whatever, just... Don't make a scene if you go on your phone. "

J: " I won't... Uh- Thanks.. Miss Jones. "

MJ: " Anytime. If you ever need me, feel free to email me, I am always available. "

And then she walked back to class, so I texted my mother and headed to the bathroom. I always wonder why she says my name in most of her sentences when she is speaking to me. I shouldn't think about it, it's probably a teacher thing. I blew the thought away. But not even that conversation could get my mind off of the recent events. I could barely speak, I think she knew that... I hesitated in most of my words, my voice was also cracking up, but I could not risk getting caught crying, that's just embarrassing. And I suppose I don't need any sympathy or empathy, I don't need it, I can do this by myself. I finished using the restroom I looked in the mirror, Miss J was right, I look sick, tired, and what she hadn't said.. was dead, I look dead. My mind replays the disasters that have been happening recently, and I broke down crying. As if this day couldn't get any worse, Drew walked in. I quickly stand up, and dash out of the bathroom, but I know in my gut that he was about to say something. I walk into the classroom, with my eyes puffy, but that doesn't matter to me anymore. What matters is that I make no sign of sadness. Well clearly I looked sad with these puffy eyes, but nobody looks up at me.

" Psst! Jake! Over here! "

I saw Drew, he came back into the class. I gave him the death stare as I walked back to my seat, but it so happens I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, I tripped and knocked another person over. On accident of course. I was shocked to see who it was. It was Zander. Oops, my stomach just dropped. He also gives me the death stare. I can't blame him, but just behind him, I see Hailey. I think Zander could see fear in my eyes, but Hailey was just surprised, and still angry. Zander got up and kicked me in the face. Yeah, it hurts. But not even Miss Jones saw... She was with another student helping them. I was already dizzy, but this has come to the point where I will in fact pass out.

- Minutes Later -

Wha- Where am I..? What happened? My name is being called on the announcements! Jake Sterling please report to the office. It went silent for a second and then it came on again. Hailey Austin and Alexander Wickham please report to the office. Well this is gonna be awkward, but I need to avoid it. I quickly got up and sprinted to get my backpack, avoiding the big crowd of my classmates who saw me pass out, and got a head start out of the class. Hailey and Zander are right behind me, they aren't talking to me. I mean, half of me wants to talk to them, but the other half of me values my life. If I die, I wouldn't be able to sing or see my little brother and mom ever again. I guess these are the things that help me get up everyday. I look behind me and I see that Zander is eyeing me, he looks like he wants to murder me. And then I look at Hailey, she is looking at the floor, I think I heard them talking to Luke about having to attend a wedding, so they wouldn't be at practice. But they will be back tomorrow. I hope they'll be happy not having to deal with me all week.

- At the office -

J: " M-Mom..? "

JM: " Jake, Honey... Are you.. Feeling alright? "

J: " Huh!? Oh.. I just feel sick. Really sick. "

JM: " Okay Darling, I have to talk to your principal about something real quick, it'll take 5 minutes I promise. "

I sat down on one of the waiting chairs in the office, I look over for a split second over at Hailey.. Just to see if she is feeling alright. But instead I see Ms. Wickham giving me a stare... she was literally staring into my soul, like she wanted to murder me for hurting her children. I can't blame her. I guess it's in the Wickham blood to give me a death stare. I feel cold, I have my jacket on, but I am still cold. Any slight noise at this point startles me. So which is why when I heard one of the secretary ladies drop a pen, I flinched. I literally fell out of my chair. They all looked at me, all 3 of them, they all look like they are about to burst out laughing, but they don't. To be honest, when I passed out for a couple of minutes, that was genuinely the best few minutes of my life. Well, it could be that I slept for the first time in days. It still felt good, even if it was a couple of minutes.

JM: " Jake! "

J: " Mom! I'm so sorry! I.. I zoned out again... "

JM: " And how long has this been happening? "

J: " Ever since I started feeling sick... so... a couple of days ago. "

JM: " Oh Dear! Let's get you home honey. "

- In the car -

J: " H-Hey Mom? "

JM: " Yes, darling? "

J: " I was told that I shouldn't go back to school for the rest of the week. "

JM: " I know.. Miss Jones emailed me about it. She told me you looked tired, sick, sad, stressed, anxious. She told me you looked so many emotions at once. Of course I would let you stay home for the rest of the week, in fact, you can come back to school whenever you're ready. I won't force you to go back. "

J: " Thanks Mom. I appreciate it. "

JM: " You're so very welcome, honey. "

We both shared a smile, until they both faded.

JM: " Do you feel sick about Hailey? "

J: " W-What!? How did you know that me and Hailey got into a fight!? "

JM: " Mr. Austin and I had a talk. He told me that Hailey was sad... very sad because of you, Jake. I told him that you were the sweetest boy anyone could ever have. We were only talking because he wanted to let me know that both me and my son were both rotten for what we did. "

J: " It wasn't you... It was me. I was the one who thought I was the only one who could sing. "

I lied to my own mother, I didn't want her to get all mad at Drew and the others. I mean, I am mad at them, I hate them now, I just don't need anymore drama in my life. This wasn't supposed to happen... None of this was. I just wish I could disappear!

__________________________________________________

Word count: 1,727.

A/N: Sorry for the horrible 1st person view, I usually write in 3rd person so I didn't know how this was gonna go. I also found that it seems like Jake is telling this from his future self, no he isn't. This is all present.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 134 36
Created by: Uyên Completed -Parts written by Minty(She's a ghost writer for a lot of Lander books) {Book description} It had been a few months since...
31.7K 881 19
After his best friend, Luke, wrote a love song, Zander's feelings have become complicated. Zander had never thought of Luke as anything more than a...
5.8K 129 26
I haven't seen much tmf x reader stories especially not inserts so I'm making this, also the reader probably won't have any romantic relationship wit...
8.9K 248 39
Drew has always been in love with Jake, but Drew was oblivious to his own feelings. He couldnt Express happiness or sadness very well. But as time go...