Tangled In Chaos. (Tangle The...

By Kdford112

Tangle has been getting a bit bored since the Metal Virus ended, sure it wasn't exactly her kind of fun, but... More

Chapter 1: Best Friends!
Chapter 2: Movie night!
Chapter 3: Kindred Spirits.
Chapter 4: Relaxation Who?
Chapter 5: What Are Friends For?
Chapter 6: Undue Stress.
Chapter 7: My Most Sincerest Of Apologies, Madame.
Chapter 8: The Feelings Mutual.
Chapter 9: After All These Years.
Chapter 10: One Way To Express Love.
Chapter 11: A Party For The Ages.
Chapter 12: True Pain.
Chapter 13: Delusions, Deliriums, Death.
Chapter 14: Each Life Makes Its Own Immitation.
Chapter 15: An Interesting Tale.
Chapter 16: And The Parent Of The Year Award Goes To...
Chapter 17: I'm Outta Here.
Chapter 18: Always To New Horizons.
Chapter 19: Getting Comfortable.
Chapter 20: It Takes Two To Tangle.
Chapter 21: Diamond In The Rough.
Chapter 22: The Truth.
Chapter 23: Traumatic incident.
Chapter 24: Something New.
Chapter 25: Defensive Line.
Chapter 26: Joining The Fold.
Chapter 27: On My Own.
Chapter 28: The Way My World Ends.
Chapter 29: Digging Through The Rubble.
Chapter 30: Remembrance.
Chapter 31: Secrets.
Chapter 32: Escape.
Chapter 33: Long Night Of Solace.
Chapter 34: Guinea Pig.
Chapter 35: Revengance.
Chapter 36: Confused Crying.
Chapter 38: Drowning.
Chapter 39: The Only Thing Eggman Fears.
Chapter 40: New and Improved.
Chapter 41: Meeting For The First Time, For The Second Time.
Chapter 42: Back Where You Belong.
Chapter 43: It's My Responsibility.
Chapter 44: Field Test.
Chapter 45: Thats Doctor Love, To You.
Chapter 46: New Goals.
Chapter 47: My Sanity Never Escapes Too Long.
Chapter 48: Just A Bit Of Misdirection.
Chapter 49: Mountain Dew Pimp.
Chapter 50: The Chao Race.
Chapter 51: Devil May Care.
Chapter 52: The (Not So) Great Bat Caper.
Chapter 53: Back Home.
Chapter 54: Talking It Out.
Chapter 55: Tangle's Day Off.
Chapter 56: Mad As A Hatter.
Chapter 57: We Need A Break...
Chapter 58: A Meal With Family.
Chapter 59: The Plan.
Chapter 60: Stalker.
Tangle 'Teaches' Y/N How To Cook. (Oneshot)
Chapter 61: Under Pressure.
Tangle Has A Nightmare. (Oneshot)
Chapter 62: New Wheels.
Chapter 63: Caught In The Act.
Chapter 64: Agree To Disagree.
Y/N, Tangle, And Jewel Have A Snow Day, Part One. (Oneshot.)
Chapter 65: Priorities.
Chapter 66: Growing Concerns.
Chapter 67: Hitchhikers May Be Escaped Convicts.
Chapter 68: For Once, A Happy Ending.
Chapter 69: What Happens Next.

Chapter 37: Time Off.

209 8 9
By Kdford112

Tangle pov:

As I get back to Restoration HQ, I look around at the entrance. They've increased the number of guards outside the entrance to help prevent future attacks. It weirdly reminds me of Papers, Please, though I never finished that game. Maybe I should... Oh well. I head inside the building and look for Jewel. I eventually find her in the control room, along with Spark. I walk to them, to see that Amy's desk is cleaner than it's been since I got here.

"Hey guys!" They both turn to me, and Jewel smiles. "Hey Tangle, how was the mission?" I sit next to the desk. "It went fine, we captured Mimic, they're just waiting to transfer him to an actual prison." "Good! Did the experience make you feel any better?" I sigh and sit back. "A bit I guess, I still feel horrible, but I'm glad he won't be able to hurt anyone else. He'll probably drive himself crazy in prison." I laugh a bit at my own comment.

"Well, maybe you should get away for a while. You should take a day or two off." I shake my head. "No, I can't do that, they need me here, and besides, I can't just leave." She smirks a bit. "Tangle, I'm now the president of the Restoration, you can leave whenever you want." "That's a bit unfair, don't you think?" She sighs quietly. "Even in the face of Y/N dying you only think of others, I think that's your greatest weakness." I look at her with a mildly annoyed expression. "I'm not wrong." "Tangle, you've just went through an extremely traumatic experience, I'm sure that no one will care."

I let out an annoyed breath. "Fine. But I'm coming back and doing the rest of my time, all right?" She smiles. "Alright, it's not like I can stop you." I smile back. "Not on your life!" We both giggle for a bit. Jewel looks at me, curious. "So, where you gonna go?" I think for a minute, then get an idea.

"You know where I haven't been in a long time? Emerald Coast!"

Jewel stifles a laugh. "Yea, last time I went was with you and your family when I was... darn... 13 I think?" I nod my head. "Yea that was my last time too, I wonder if it's changed any..." I stand up and hug Jewel. "Thank you... all jokes aside, I think I really do need a break..." She hugs back. "I know, go and enjoy yourself!" I nod and wave, then head to my room to grab some clothes and a swimsuit, then make my way to the beach. It's a bit longer of a walk than I'm used to, but it won't kill me to make up for all those days I spent in bed moping around.

When I get there, there's quite a few people around. I head to the bathrooms to change, then come back out. I find a spot with less people, and lay my towel on the ground. I lay on it and start sunbathing. The sun feels really good on my skin, and I feel myself finally starting to relax. I breath out and get comfortable. I lay there for hours. Eventually I get up and open my eyes, I see the sun is about to start setting. I think of what to do next.

As I'm thinking I hear a voice call out to me. "Hey Tangle!" I turn to the sound of the voice, and see Amy Rose waving to me. I wave back and walk to her. "I didn't expect to see you here!" She says as I approach. I smile and stop in front of her. "Yea, Jewel told me to take the rest of the day off." "Oh, that's nice!" She looks around a bit. "Would've expected to see Y/N here with you." My heart skips a beat as she says that. "O-Oh umm... Y/N... he's dead... during one of out missions... bombs went off... vault, and..."

I trail off as I try to explain. Her eyes widen and she hugs me. "I'm so sorry!" I smile a bit. "It's ok... it's been a few days, I've mostly gotten over the grief..." She smiles, and we hang out fir a bit together. Eventually I take a picture of the skyline as the sun sets, and I post it on my Instagram, thinking it looked pretty cool. As me and Amy hang out, we go to a straw hut bar, like one of the ones you would see on a teen romance movie. We get drinks and continue talking.

Eventually the liquor takes its toll, and I tell her I will be right back, and excuse myself to the bathroom. Once I do my business and come back out, I look around a bit. Leaning on a lamppost I see a familiar face. One I didn't count on seeing ever again.

"Y/N..?"

I look at him for a while, and sure enough, it's Y/N. But... how? I never saw his body... but how could he have survived that..? Without so much as a scratch! I look down as I think, then look back to where he was, and see that he's gone. I head to the lamppost and look around, but I can't find anything that suggests he was here. No footprints, no torn fabric on the brambles nearby, nothing! How did he... am I hallucinating..? I have to be, there's no way he would just show up and dissappear without at least a word or two...

Maybe a few more drinks will help to calm my nerves...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 352 10
ใ€ ๐——๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—–๐—ข๐—ก๐—ง๐—œ๐—ก๐—จ๐—˜๐—— ใ€‘ โ”ƒ๐—ฆ๐—ข ๐—ง๐—›๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜? ๐—ฆ๐—ข ๐—ง๐—›๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—ช๐—›๐—”๐—ง ๐— ๐—”๐—ž๐—˜๐—ฆ ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—™๐—˜ ๐——๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜?.. ss. ๐…๐‹๐”๐…๐…๐˜ ๐‚๏ฟฝ...
210 21 11
The people of the Refuge is finally settling down, and all the damage has been rebuilt. Emily takes up leadership of the hidden village. That is unti...
4K 89 10
It's been a while since Sonic and Ruby started dating. Not only that but the Vytal festival tournament has finally begun! All seems to be going well...
9.4K 270 23
Amy Rose is a shy girl who is very lonely and isn't good at socializing with others. She thinks life is really boring since she has no one to talk to...