Reverse Hero

By Zapz77

"...Gramps, How come the Villain never wins?" Bell Cranel from a very young age has always wondered this. In... More

BIO
Hello Orario
Murderers
Ais Wellenstein
Abilities
Weapon
Monster Festival
Date
Good Cop
Bad Cop
Messing around
Drinks
Minotaur
Welf Crozzo
Keeping Rakia in Check
Pass Parade
Floor 18
Duel
Killers
Kidnapped
Goliath
Trapped
Unsettled
Slaughter
New Members
War Game
New House
Pleasure Quarter
The Hero Cycle
Escape From the Pleasure Quarter
Captured
Battle at the Pleasure Quarter
Trump Card
Fall of Ishtar
Falling apart
Hidden Goals
Hidden Village
Wiene
Information Gathering
Innocent Blood
Logic over Feelings
A Hero Saves the Day
Partner
Trust
Battle With Dix Perdix
The Hypocrite
A Change of Heart
The Gods Prodigy
Ally or Enemy?
Success
True Instinct
Origins of a Monster
Back to the Dungeon
Moss Hue
Underwater Battle
New Nickname
Disgust
Death, the living being
Chased
Lily's Mission
Safe For Now
Coliseum
Alone, Again.
Lies
Ghost
Scheming
Quitters
The Hunt
Planning
Set-up
Freya's Game
Ending a Dumb Game
Back Home
Chaos
First Fallen
Second fallen
Game of Waiting
Goodbye
Hero Vs Villain
The Truth
Two Years Later
Squad 6
Party
The March
Battle with the Dragon #1
Battle with the Dragon #2
Happy

A Dance of Death

1.9K 60 11
By Zapz77

I grabbed a fork and walked to the person talking.

"Oh, well if it isn't the person in question-"

Before he could say Bell Cranel I stabbed him in the eye and blood gushed out, everyone around us yelled in surprise.

"What the hell are you doing?!" An animal person yelled.

"Shut up, I'm not talking to background characters here,"

I then looked over at the man who was giving the prum who I stabbed a potion. 

"Oh? At least you know true strength when you see it,"

"What do you want?"

"What do I want? My friends and I were just expressing our opinions that's all,"

"Oh?" I then walked up the prum who was holding his eye "Sorry about that little guy," 

"BASTARD!" He then tried to punch me but I socked him in the jaw before he could and knocked him out.

Then a fist came out of nowhere, I could react if I wanted to but decided to let it hit me. I got slammed against the wall.

"Bell Cranel, you've stepped out of line. Do you not see you're in public?"

"So? These guys are bought off anyway," I said as I slowly stood up "They looked at me the whole time, maybe if I was as popular as the sword princess it could slide but I'm not that popular yet,"

"Oh? So you have a quick wit. My name is Hyakinthos, it'll be a pleasure working with you," 

he then delivered one more punch that knocked me back down as he left with the prum in his arms.

.

.

.

"Geez Bell. I can't believe you're getting in trouble already,"

"It's fine. I have a rough idea of what's going to happen,"

"What?"

Hestia was currently fixing up my bruises as we talked in the basement.

"They want to have me join their familia. Hyakinthos is part of Apollo's group so they are going to start a war game to challenge us. After all, they can't just take me away since the guild would stop them,"

"B-Bell...I know you're strong and all but we really can't beat the Apollo familia in a war game! Why did you do this?" 

"A great chance to not only boost my influence but increase Welf's as well,"

Plus the fact that Hyakinthos is considered a hero as well, although still not as popular as the others. Hyakinthos however does not meet my standard. He is just a wannabe.

"...Can I leave it to you then?"

"Sure, if Apollo asks while I'm away say you want to wait until the captain of the familia is here,"

She gave a nod.

"Also Bell...STATUS UPDATE!" 

She quickly gave a quick run-through and it came back as follows.

Level 2

Strength: D-580

Agility: C-664

Endurance: C-679

Dexterity: D-555

Magic: D- 541

The next day Lily and I went into the dungeon to go hunting once again. Nothing too special happened but by the time we left it was night.

"Thanks, Eina," I said as she handed me the money from today's work

"No problem Bell. Also, those people over there said they wish to speak with you,"

There were two people standing in a corner just waiting around. One looked nervous and the other seemed stern.

I walked over to them "What can I do for you,"

My nice guy persona at this point mine as well be gone. I'll play it up sometimes but these guys already know that I'm more ruthless than I seem.

"Here," I was handed an envelope. "...I wish you the best of luck," She then left leaving the nervous girl behind.

"A-Ah! Wait for meeeeeeeee!" 

"Well, let's open it,"

It was an invitation to a party or a celebration to be more precise. 

'So that's your game,'

Challenge us to a war game in the presence of other gods. Well, I never had any objections in the first place so I guess this works.

"Sorry, Lily. You're gonna be at home for this one,"

A dissatisfied look came to her face but she agreed. It was taking place in three days so we had to go buy clothes and everything. 

I went home and showed Hestia who nearly passed out when she read it.

The next day we bought our clothes and then we waited until the faithful day came.

"Bell! Straighten your tie more!"

"Yes, Yes,"

Hestia was also dressed up super nice as she straightened my tie some more

She was really nervous and she had reason to be. Many people and gods would be attending the party and we would be challenged to a war game here. 

I also had one other objective but that one was dependent on whether or not they would show up.

We then got into a carriage and got carried there.

.

.

.

"Wow..." Hestia said as she admired the mansion.

"Let's go,"

"WAIT BELL!" 

I walked in and we were rather early. Not many people were there but I was able to sneak a glance at Apollo who also looked my way.

Then I got a shiver down my spine, it was like Freya's gaze except not nearly as bad. But this...Had a certain feel to it I didn't like.

Hestia tried to talk to him but many people kept going to him first, and before we knew it the party was full. 

Currently, we were in a corner with the Takemikazuchi familia and the Miach familia who sells us our potions. Then there were two outsiders...Hermes and Asfi

"Asfi, follow me for a sec," I said as I tried to get her away from Hermes but Hermes put a quick stop to it.

"C'mon Bell. Don't steal another date. If you want to ask her out then do it later,"

"...Whatever. Don't think I'm letting you off though,"

It was pretty clear that the only one who could have made the invisibility helmet was Asfi. I was going to have her pay quite the sum in order to make it up to us, however, Hermes seems to be on to me.

That was when it fell silent, everyone turned their eyes in one direction. Jaws dropped and cheeks flushed everyone was awestruck. 

Freya and Otar had shown up.

Freya looked at me, who was the only non blushing person here, and walked up to me.

"You are Bell Cranel yes?"

"Freya I assume?"

My response was so casual that it made all the guys who worshipped her upset but she didn't stop talking.

"I'm glad I was able to meet you for the first time. As the fastest level-up in history, you must be used to this kind of attention though?"

Hestia was currently arguing with Loki over breast size so she wasn't here to interrupt which I was glad for.

"I'm still not too popular, and I'm glad I get to see you not serving dishes," I said with a smirk.

Her eyes widened as everyone else looked even more pissed. Everyone thought it was an insult but it was the truth. After all, after meeting her in person I can say that She and Syr look so familiar it's scary.

"...I'll be keeping my eye on you," She said with a smile as she walked away. 

Otar stared at me for a moment longer before following her.

The party started to pick back up again but I quickly realized that my plan to increase my influence here is gone. most people didn't want to talk to me because of how I talked to Freya.

I decided to step out to get some air when I saw Hyakinthos seemingly waiting for someone hidden outside.

"Bell," I heard a voice from behind me

"Ah, Hermes,"

"Are you enjoying the party so far?"

"Well, not really. Kinda boring,"

"Yea, but you gotta get used to these things,"

We stood out in silence for a while before he spoke up again.

"Have you heard of Zeus? The former head of Orario?"

"No, I didn't really care,"

"Well, even if you don't care I'll fill you in. He and his familia along with Hera were forced to defeat the 3 great disasters. They cleared 2 but they lost to the black dragon. From there both were exiled from Orario,"

"Any reason why you're telling me?"

"Just helping a child learn...Also another quick piece of advice. Apollo is the type of person who gets what he wants, so use that info carefully,"

Another moment of silence.

"I know what you want Bell. I'll hook you up," He said after acting like he figured something out

"What?"

"It's fine. I used to get nervous too, but you get used to it after a while," He dragged me back into the party where Ais and Loki were.

"What you want Hermes?" Loki said with a glare.

"Oh! Ais Please have a dance with me!"

"..." Her eyes widened but she didn't do anything. Right before she could decline or Loki could rip his tongue out he spoke up again.

"Ah! That's right! I have to dance with someone else! Bell, take my place to save my pride. Thank you," He then promptly left after dragging Loki away despite all her thrashing.

"..."

"..."

Neither said anything until Ais finally spoke up.

"Um...Bell, if you'd like we can-"

"Sorry about Hermes," I said with a bow. "I won't bother you with this,"

Her eyes seemed sad. Dancing with her was a good idea, to gain influence but I needed to show Apollo that I aren't one to be pushed around. 

She then looked down, I think I might have seen a tear start to form as I turned away and went to my next target.

I walked up to her with a bow and took her hand and pressed my lips against it.

"May I have this dance...Freya?"

Everyone froze to look at what was happening. Ais seemed, even more let down and started to leave while everyone else was shocked to silence 

What was more surprising though was her answer "Of course you may," She said with her cheeks quite flushed.

I guided her to the floor where everyone else moved off. The band had just resumed playing just for two people.

While a dance was supposed to be elegant and beautiful this was quite the opposite. In fact, I would call it a dance of death. No other sound other than the music and Me and Freya's shoes.

It wasn't a good dance either. Both of us tried to lead the other. Neither of us were just going to go along with what the other wanted. We tripped over each other trying to claim dominance over the other when the song was about to end.

I quickly shifted my weight and used a little bit of force to twirl her around then have her end with a bow as I held her. The song ended just then.

'Now, the final piece,'

I then kissed Freya right on the lips, suddenly I felt a very strong presence behind me as I dodged only to no avail and got caught by Otar himself.

"Otar," Freya said one word and looked at him and that was all it took for him to put me down. he was about to throw me out the window.

"That was fun Bell. I'll look forward to the next dance,"

She then proceeded to leave the party with Otar following. Everyone was dead quiet. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 2.4K 27
- In which Cale Henituse decided to give Hyun Hee Il a chance at redemption. : Ν€Μ—βž›Details ; ─▸ Fanfiction ─▸ Chapters : 27/? ─▸ Published : May 28...
25.1K 800 9
Bell Cranel A boy that's left his home in search of his own adventure in the great Dungeon City of Orario. Though he has been known to be weak and a...
14.3K 411 26
*Light novel spoilers* She took everything He lost everything Will he be saved before he turns into the villain?
6.7K 571 18
"I've tried telling them I'm only fifteen. That no sane government would force a boy my age to fight crime. 'But Max, you're a superhero! Isn't this...