Dream || Neteyam

By pountinecoats

Ni'awtu is like her mother in most cases. When the Sully family shows up seeking shelter, Nia is almost as f... More

Introduction
Songs
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty- One
Twenty- Two
Twenty- Three
Twenty- Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty- Six
Twenty- Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty- Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty- Three
~Thirty- Four~
~Thirty- Five~
~Thirty- Six~
Thirty- Seven
Epilogue
Authors Note

Thirty- Two

2.7K 77 11
By pountinecoats

Rain falls once again. This time of the year is when rain is most common. It is when Ni'awtu is the happiest.

And it helps when her life has been flipped upside down, moved over, and spun, in the best way it could have. 

Kiri, Ni'awtu, Tsireya, Lo'ak, Tuk, Roxto, and Neteyam all sit together in the Sullys marui around the warm fire. The seven of them have been here all day.

A regular rainy day, the children would still be out. But it is not a regular normal day. Tonowari, Ronal, and their children came to the Sullys marui to get the parents. Then they left, leaving the kids all together and telling them to stay. It wasn't a normal day, but no one knew why.

Ni'awtu, Tsireya, and Aonungs parents seemed fine, and didn't say anything to the kids. Neither did the Sullys.

Aonung had left right after their parents did, and Roxto stayed instead. 

"Can we just go play?" Tuk tugs on her brothers arm from next to him. Lo'ak shakes his head and shrugs away from her.

"No Tuk, they said to stay here." Her little sigh sounds as she sits back down next to him.

"But why?" Roxto asks once again.

"Guys, we've been over this so many times. They just needed to talk." Ni'awtu says, calming the situation. Neteyam nods from next to her.

Tsireyas eyes fall between them. Since getting the secret a couple days ago, she hasn't been able to help but notice how obvious it is.

It is so hidden, but in the most obvious way.

"Yeah Roxto." Tsireya teases.

His eyes turn up with attitude back at her. Kiri laughs quietly at their dumb attitude.

"Stop acting like a child." Tsireya says, even though she started it.

The group laughs at them, instantly taking sides as everyone begins to talk.

"Skxawngs." Nia says to Kiri. No one can hear them except Neteyam who listens in.

Kiri nods and watches the dumb group.

"Wait, guys, what's going on?"Roxto looks out the marui door, people rush past it, all running towards one spot.

"I don't know." Tsireya stands, grabbing Lo'aks hand. Ni'awtu does the same with Neteyam, sharing a worried look. The rest of them follow Nia in standing.

And then they rush out towards the commotion among a circle of people. The kids parents got back, and they stand together in the center of the rest of the people.

Ni'awtu and Neteyam push their way towards the front, Tuk following.

"No, Tuk go back." Neteyam orders, pressing his hand on her back. He can tell something is wrong with their parents. Nia can as well. Her mother eyes and cheeks are puffy from crying.

"But I want to stay with you." Tuk whines.

Nia shares a look with Neteyam. He tilts his head and shrugs. She grabs Tuks hand in comfort after Neteyams looks. As Nia let's out a deep breath, she notices her sister on the other side, wearing yet another confused face.

"Neteyam!" Jake says, grabbing Neteyam shoulder. In his hand is a red cylinder device. Ni'awtu has never seen anything like this.

Both her and Neteyams eyes turn scared. She watches closely as the two of them exchange looks.

"Hold onto this." Neteyam nods once, grabbing it from his father.

"Neteyam, what is that?" Ni'awtu asks, grabbing his arm with her free hand. Her face is very concerned, someone needs to explain.

"I don't know."

She looks down to Tuk, who's eyes are tired and confused as well.

"My people!" Tonowari yells above everyone's talking and confusion. Ni'awtu looks up instantly at her fathers loud recognizable voice.  "Something terrible has happened!" 

Their faces are angry, and then anger fills everyone. No one knows what has even happened, but everyone begins to share the same faces. 

"My spirit sister and her baby have been murdered by the sky people!" Ronal yells above everyone. JakeSully stands in front of her, watching the two as they just yell towards him. 

Ni'awtus eyes drop, and tears begin to fill them. Tuks hand squeezes around hers for comfort. 

How could this even happen? Ni'awtu thinks. Neteyams arm wraps lightly and unnoticeably around her waist in comfort. Though it helps, it doesnt seem to completely repair this heartbreak. 

"This war has come to us! We knew about this hunting of our tulkun, but it was over the horizon, far away!" 

Nias eyes move up to Neteyams and his are strong. Not because he wants them to be, deep down she can tell he is upset, but because he needs them to be.

"Now it is here!" The group of people, stick out their tongues and begins to yell. Everyone is upset with Jake.

"You dont understand how the sky people think!" Neteyams father insists.

Ni'awtu listens to him closely as he goes on. 

"Listen, listen to him!" Neteyam yells to the people around them. Nia's eyes fly up to him. With that, she believes that they are right. Neteyam and Jake know more about this than her and her clan does. 

"Nia," Tuk whispers. Her eyes look down to the young girl as Tuk tugs at her. Tuk shares sympathetic eyes with her. 

A sad smile comes from Nia and then she picks up Tuk. Tuk seems to be comforting the best right now. Neteyam has to help with his father in any way he can. 

Her mother yells to Jake, angry. Nothing about this follows what the Metkayina know. 

Suddenly, Jake grabs the red tool from Neteyam and holds it up in the air. Everyone silences. 

"You tell the tulkun, that if they are hit with these, they are marked for death." He demands. "Call for me, Ill silence it."

Nia looks to Neteyam. Her eyes covered with fear. Nothing like this has happened in her life. Everyone is at risk. 

Neteyam hates to see her like this. The only thing on his mind for this second is her. 

At this moment, her eyes and fear are the only ones that matter. His sister, who sits in Nias arms, doesnt matter, his families dont. All is focused.  He never wants to see her like this.

Everyones faces fall when they realize, Jakes words are right. And then Tonowari finalizes it. "Tell the tulkun." 

~Ni'awtu~

The people quickly run and jump into the water, their number one priority to tell the tulkun. I need to tell Luitouy, but then I notice Neteyam following a suspicious Lo'ak.

"Tuk," I look around quickly to find her parents or someone who can take her. "Kiri!" I call when my eyes land on her.

"Tuk, go with Kiri please, okay?" She nods, with a little smile. She is the sweetest person I've ever met.

I watch as I begin to rush away, to make sure she gets to her sister. When she does, I turn quickly back to where the two brothers went.

When I reach the ilu pin, the two brothers stand together, Neteyams back to me. "Youve got to keep your skxwang ass here."

"He's an outcast, there's no one to warn him but me." Lo'ak points to his chest and speaks passionately. I shouldnt take sides, but I agree with him.

"Bro, why you always have to make things so hard." Neteyam places his hand onto Lo'aks head. His voice is amused.

Lo'ak shoves Neteyams arm away. He is angry, and upset. No one should or will be able to stop him.

"No, you mean, why cant I be the perfect son like you?" Neteyam steps back, taking a deep breath. Shit. "The perfect little soldier. Well I'm not you!"

"Okay? I'm not you. He's my brother, I'm going!" Lo'ak eyes finally meet mine, noticing me. My stomach pits, but he doesnt say anything.

Neteyam moves and stands over him. When he is upset, something about him changes.

"Oh hes your brother?" Neteyam yells, pushing his arm up towards the water. Lo'ak didnt need to say that to Neteyam. In normal everyday life, yes, but in this fight it was wrong. I wish I could intervene. "No, I'm your brother." Neteyams voice lowers as he grabs Lo'aks arm.

Aonung, Roxto, and Tsireya ride up in the distance, looking at the three of us.

"Lo'ak!" Tsireya yells, jumping onto the dock.

"Get off of me." Lo'ak shoves off Neteyam and jumps into the murky rainy water.

"Lo'ak!" Neteyam yells. "Come on," He pushes Roxto in his stomach. "He's going to Payakan."

My heart begins to race and I jump in the water, Roisu swims underneath me quickly. We break the water, after diving. Kiri and Tuk swim above too, already out here.

Oh no, Tuk and Kiri should not come. We shouldnt be following Lo'ak in the first place.

I push forward, next to Neteyam. "Netey-"

"Nia, what are you doing?" He looks back behind him, confused. He never knew that I followed.

"Helping you." I say. There is nothing that will get through his thick head to stop him, so I dont try. He nods, and then we all dive back under the water.

When we arrive, Lo'ak pulls on a little thing in Payakan. Shit. "Guys! Come on, Payakan is marked!" He yells from in front of us.

My heart sinks instantly. I jump off of Roisu, onto the Payakan, and immediately begin to pull and tug in every place I can.

Everyone follows, and tries helping to get the red device out. "Call it in!" Neteyam yells to his brother. My eyes look up to him for a slight moment. Shit.

Neteyam jumps onto his ilu, and throws rope at us. Wrapping it around quickly, he begins to pull.

We all yell and grunt at we push and pull as hard as we can. And then I fall into the water at the relief of pressure.

"Yes!" I yell, rising again.

"Go that way, Ill draw them off!" Neteyam yells, riding away.

"Neteyam!" I yell, beginning to follow him. I cant let him to alone. I need to talk to him and see him. Everything in me is terrified.

"No, Nia! Come on!" Kiri grabs my arm. Shit.

My mind changes slightly and Roisu listens, diving with everyone else. We all swim away from Payakan, and Neteyam and try swimming as far as we can go.

"Wait." Tsireya signs, and we stop in the sea kelp to hide.

As we sit, waiting to leave the water, a glow comes towards us. My eyes widen, I turn, signing for all of us to leave.

~

"Tuk are you alright?" My voice pants as I leave the water and into one of the water bubbles in the kelp. My heart is racing from exhaustion for once in its life. She nods slowly, catching her breath as well. "Come here." I loop my arm around her waist and lean my head against her.

Suddenly, a light comes from the outside. "Its coming!" I yell, pulling her down and away.

Right beneath us when we swim away, is Lo'ak and Tsireya, they must have been coming to find us.

While swimming as fast as we can, a net grabs us. I reach and grab to get out, but cant grip anything. Lo'ak is the only one out. 

We begin to fly upwards, soaring through the water, and then through the air. Looking up, there is an ikran. Ive never seen this one though, it is none of the Sullys. 

Lo'ak tries to cut along the rope, but finishes as soon as we reach a huge metallic boat. People and Na'vi with some kind of weapons stand around us. Some people stand in weird, fake, metal bodies. It is nothing I have ever seen before.

The blue people must be Avatars. The Sullys told me about the avatars. Jake was once an avatar.

I hiss and try to pull away from the avatar that grabs me. "Shut up, girl." She tells me, pushing me to a bar on the edge of the boat. A strong band wraps around my arm, and everyone else follows, ending up on the bar with me. 

"Be brave." Lo'ak whispers. My eyes look over to Tuk with empathy. A child should not have to do this. 

Over the horizon, colors and yells come from people. My people. 

My father, and Lo'aks father ride their swimwings, stopping when a man takes Lo'aks microphone. He seems to be the one in charge and he is upset.

He talks, threatening Lo'ak and Jake's family, and then makes a sentence into a deal.

 Everything is quiet with the ultimatum. Jake sits in the water thinking, while we sit with tension while Lo'ak has a gun to his head. 

And then, Payakan comes, jumping out of the water, landing onto the boat. A huge screech comes from him, and he smashes people.

Everything around us breaks out in chaos. Bullets shooting, our army beginning to charge in a fight, yells and screams come from everywhere it is hard to keep track.

All I can think about is if Neteyam is safe.

//

This chapter and part of the next one prolly wont be too good because I am not the best at action scenes. 

The next chapters I might just die :)

I am probably going to finish this up soon and then finally go back and whip out the editing and tweaking, maybe adding some more funny scenes with the kids

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 16.4K 12
Neteyam Sully x Reader Adopted daughter of Olo'eyktan Tonowari and his Tsahìk mate Ronal, you spend your days often in the waters of the Metkayina cl...
195K 5.1K 30
Abandoned from birth. Trained to kill from a young age. obsessed with escaping earth and exploring the world of Pandora. A young girl finds a book al...
36.8K 1K 13
𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒, It was scary how far she would go to protect them. the lengths she would take to keep them safe. no matter the cost she kn...
141K 4.3K 54
( VOL 2 OUT NOW ) VOL 1 - Ni'teya's disliking towards her closest friend's brother, Lo'ak Sully, only grows as he becomes a newly appointed rival aft...