too close to the stars - H.J.P

By moonyandandy

Noel Lupin had always been a quiet kid. That was until she was thrusted into the whirlwind that is Harry Pott... More

Characters
𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐙𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
𝐆𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐗
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐅-𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐒
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Epilogue
100k SPECIAL

Chapter Thirty One

2.3K 97 46
By moonyandandy

—— ϟ ——

Noel waited patiently for Professor Flitwick to give her her times table. When he finally got to her he hesitated, beforehand but gave it to her nonetheless. She looked down at it and it furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Professor–"

Flitwick was always halfway through the hall when she called out for him. "Professor!" Noel said, walking after him.

"Professor Flitwick, these aren't my classes."

Flitwick stammered and smoothed out his robes nervously. "Yes– yes I know."

"Then why did you give me this?"

"Dumbledore decided that–"

"No–" Noel said mournfully. "Professor please don't."

"I'm sorry Noel. I tried to talk to him but he wouldn't let me."

"Professor, I passed my O.W.Ls. I'm a 6th year. Professor please. I worked my ass off all summer! You said I could do it!" Noel cried out. The Professor looked around nervously and a few students stopped and looked over but Noel paid them no mind.

"And you were! Noel, I wouldn't give you false hope!" His voice went an octave higher.

"Then why am I still taking 5th year classes!"

"Miss Lupin! Calm down!"

"I will not!"

"Miss Lupin. Go through your classes today and meet me for tea before dinner." Flitwick said sternly.

Noel's jaw dropped. She looked at her times table once more and wanted to set it on fire.

She took a deep breath, willing herself to calm down. If she won't be able to take the proper classes this year she doesn't know what she'll do.

Noel walked into her first class which was Arithmancy. She took a seat next to Theo who looked at her in surprise.

"What–"

"Please don't ask." She said sadly.

Theo nodded his head but respected her wishes. He also knew she'd tell him anyway.

Not even a minute later she handed him her times table.

"They're all–"

"5th year, yeah I know."

"Why?"

"Flitwick said Dumbledore thought it best if I stay in my year," she said, her voice cracking. "This is bullshit. I wouldn't have gone through all that stress this summer if I knew that they were going to set me back."

"What did he say?"  He asked, handing her back the slip of paper.

Noel laid her head down. "He said to go to his office before tea. He better explain to me properly."

Noel sat through the whole class willing herself not to walk out and loathe in self pity. Why did this year already start off on an awful, gut wrenching foot?

Gloomily Noel walked into every class, she sat next to people she was hoping to never share a class with and listened to her Professors talking and threatening to put extra work and hours into this year because of their end of the year exams.

Noel had been on auto-pilot the whole day. She was completely gone, tuning everyone out not caring a single bit if they did something noteworthy.

Entering Defense Against the Dark Arts Noel walked in and noticed that Umbridge was already seated at the teacher's desk, wearing the fluffy pink cardigan of the night before and the black velvet bow on top of her head. Noel scrunched her nose up, it was an ugly outfit, she couldn't lie.

Noel shuffled in and sat in one the middle rows. The class was quiet as it entered the room; Professor Umbridge was, as yet, an unknown quantity and nobody knew yet how strict a disciplinarian she was likely to be.

Harry sat next to Noel, he was about to ask what she was doing there when Umbridge interrupted.

"Well, good afternoon!" In a sickly sweet voice.

A few people mumbled "Good afternoon," in reply.

"Tut, tut," said Professor Umbridge. "That won't do, now, will it? I should like you, please, to reply 'Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge.' One more time, please. Good afternoon, class!"

"Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge," they chanted back at her.

"There, now," said Professor Umbridge sweetly. "That wasn't too difficult, was it? Wands away and quills out, please."

The class quietly fumbled around, putting their wands away. They pulled out their quills, ink pots and parchment.

"You will be pleased to know, We will be following a carefully structured, theory centered, Ministry approved course of defensive magic this year. Copy down the following, please."

She rapped the blackboard again; the first message vanished and was replaced by:

Course aims:

1. Understanding the principles underlying defensive magic.

2. Learning to recognize situations in which defensive magic

can legally be used.

3. Placing the use of defensive magic in a context for

practical use.

"So, has everyone got a copy of Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard?"

"Yes, Professor Umbridge," rang through the room.

"Good," said Professor Umbridge. "I should like you to turn to page five and read chapter one, 'Basics for Beginners.' There will be no need to talk."

The chapter they had been instructed to read was so tedious.

When more than half the class were staring at Hermione rather than at their books, Professor Umbridge seemed to decide that she could ignore the situation no longer.

"Did you want to ask something about the chapter, dear?" she asked Hermione, as though she had only just noticed her.

"Not about the chapter, no," said Hermione.

"Well, we're reading just now," said Professor Umbridge, showing her small, pointed teeth. "If you have other queries we can deal with them at the end of class."

"I've got a query about your course aims," said Hermione. Professor Umbridge raised her eyebrows.

"And your name is — ?"

"Hermione Granger," said Hermione.

"Well, Miss Granger, I think the course aims are perfectly clear if you read them through carefully," said Professor Umbridge in a voice of determined sweetness.

"Well, I don't," said Hermione bluntly. "There's nothing written up there about using defensive spells."

"Using defensive spells?" Professor Umbridge repeated with a little laugh. "Why, I can't imagine any situation arising in my classroom that would require you to use a defensive spell, Miss Granger. You surely aren't expecting to be attacked during class?"

"We're not going to use magic?" Ron ejaculated loudly.

"Students raise their hands when they wish to speak in my class, Mr. — ?"

"Weasley," said Ron, thrusting his hand into the air.

Professor Umbridge, smiling still more widely, turned her back on him. Harry and Hermione immediately raised their hands too. Professor Umbridge's pouchy eyes lingered on Harry for a moment before she addressed Hermione.

"Yes, Miss Granger? You wanted to ask something else?"

"Yes," said Hermione. "Surely the whole point of Defense Against the Dark Arts is to practice defensive spells?"

"Are you a Ministry-trained educational expert, Miss Granger?" asked Professor Umbridge in her falsely sweet voice.

"Well considering the fact that we have to show our dueling abilities when we're being tested, I would think it could be in years curriculum." Noel spoke up.

Umbridge turned to stare at her, "If you need to say something raise your hand." Her eyes flashing. Noel rolled her eyes and thrusted her hand in the air, but continued to talk.

"Theory will get us nowhere. We need to practice our defensive skills."

"I repeat. Do you expect to be attacked at school? Miss–"

"Lupin. And yes I do actually, considering that last year our teacher was an imposter and a student was murdered. I would like to learn how to defend myself in school."

Umbridge pursed her lips together into a thin line, "Miss Lupin," she said with detest, "I expect manners when spoken to, but I expect anything less from the half-breed father of yours to teach you anything good."

"My father is far smarter than you'll ever be if you think theory will get us anywhere!"

"Speak out of term one more time Miss Lupin and I will see you in detention."

Noel lowered her hand meekly.

"You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way —"

"What use is that?" said Harry loudly. "If we're going to be attacked it won't be in a —"

"Hand, Mr. Potter!" sang Professor Umbridge.

Harry thrust his fist in the air. Professor Umbridge promptly turned away from him again, but now several other people had their hands up too.

"And your name is?" Professor Umbridge said to Dean.

"Dean Thomas."

"Well, Mr. Thomas?"

"Well, it's like Harry said, isn't it?" said Dean. "If we're going to be attacked, it won't be risk-free —"

"I repeat," said Professor Umbridge, smiling in a very irritating fashion at Dean, "do you expect to be attacked during my classes?"

"No, but —"

Professor Umbridge talked over him.

"I do not wish to criticize the way things have been run in this school," she said, an unconvincing smile stretching her wide mouth, "but you have been exposed to some very irresponsible wizards in this class, very irresponsible indeed — not to mention," she gave a nasty little laugh directed towards Noel, "extremely dangerous half-breeds."

"My father was a great teacher! Sorry that your narrow minded, bigoted way of thinking doesn't let you see that!" Noel said angrily.

"DETENTION!"

"I repeat, as long as you have studied the theory hard enough —"

"And what good's theory is going to be in the real world?" said Harry loudly, his fist in the air again.

Professor Umbridge looked up.

"This is school, Mr. Potter, not the real world," she said softly.

"So we're not supposed to be prepared for what's waiting out there?"

"There is nothing waiting out there, Mr. Potter."

"Oh yeah?" said Harry. His temper, which seemed to have been bubbling just beneath the surface all day, was reaching boiling point.

"Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourselves?" inquired Professor Umbridge in a horribly honeyed voice.

"Hmm, let's think . . ." said Harry in a mock thoughtful voice, "maybe Lord Voldemort?"

"You have been told that a certain Dark wizard has returned from the dead —"

"He wasn't dead," said Harry angrily, "but yeah, he's returned!"

"As I was saying, you have been informed that a certain Dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie."

"It is NOT a lie!" said Harry. "I saw him, I fought him!"

"Detention, Mr. Potter!" said Professor Umbridge triumphantly.

"You'll be joining Miss Lupin here, tomorrow evening. Five o'clock. My office. I repeat, this is a lie."

"So what? Cedric just happened to drop dead?" Noel asked, ludicrously.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident," she said coldly.

"It was murder," said Harry. He could feel himself shaking.

"Oh c'mon! You're just a ministry rat! You know Voldemort is back! Apparently your resemblance to a toad doesn't just stop at your looks. The Ministry has never done anything good! Ever! Fudge loves his job and he is so willing to be hush hush about everything to keep his position! If anyone believes the ministry over Harry and Dumbledore especially after what happened to Cedric then we are far more worse off than I thought."

Noel said she was so done with everyone acting like everything was normal and Harry was just a crazy person. People have died because of Voldemort! Their classmate was murdered at their school! It was ridiculous.

Umbridge gave a shaky breath and smoothed down her cardigan. "Detention for a week Miss Lupin." She said calmly.

"Come here Miss Lupin." She said in a sickly sweet voice. Noel sighed and walked over towards her desk, ignoring the murmurs from her classmates.

"You as well Mr Potter."

He kicked his chair aside, strode around Ron and Hermione and up to the teacher's desk. He could feel the rest of the class holding its breath. He felt so angry he did not care what happened next.

Professor Umbridge pulled a small roll of pink parchment out of her handbag, stretched it out on the desk, dipped her quill into a bottle of ink, and started scribbling, hunched over so that Harry could not see what she was writing. Nobody spoke. After a minute or so she rolled up the parchment and tapped it with her wand; it sealed itself seamlessly so that he could not open it.

"Take these to your head of houses."

The two took the papers and left the classroom.

"I've never seen you so outspoken." Harry said.

Noel gave him a side eye. "Yeah well, she's a bitch."

"Yeah. This is... this is bad."

"I have never felt more exhilarated." Noel said, looking down at the piece of paper.

"I'll see you later." Harry told her when they arrived at McGonagall's office.

"See you."

Knocking on Flitwick's office Noel waited for a few seconds before he opened the door.

"Ah, Noel. I thought our meeting was until dinner. Shouldn't you be in class?"

"Yeah well, I've been sent to you." Noel shrugged walking in.

She lazily took a seat at his desk, picking up a fidget toy he had on his desk. Rubix cube was it?

"Sent?"

"Yeah by Umbridge, here." She handed him the letter, he read it thoroughly, before he clasped his hands together, now sitting across from her.

"Well. You defended your father?"

"Yeah."

"Called her a rat, bigoted, narrow minded?"

"Yeah."

"Implied that she had a toad brain?"

Noel smirked a little, that was a good insult. "Yes."

"Noel. You need to be careful around her. You're smart, you know why she's here. Keep in mind who she's reporting to. If I'm not mistaken, she is the one who put up the ministry bill to prevent werewolves from getting jobs, I would tread lightly around her if I were you. For his sake at least, Noel."

"She's just so- it's so infuriating how incredibly stupid people are. I mean, how much common sense do people lack?"

"Well I teach children so I would know all about lacking common sense."

Noel snorted, "one week of detention."

"Two. Two weeks." The professor amended.

"Fucking bitch." Noel muttered to herself. "Can I know why I don't have any 6th year classes?"

"Dumbledore told me to put you for 5th year classes but you'll be in the roster for 6th. It's a fake schedule. Unfortunately he hadn't told me that until after I gave you the one you have now. It's only because Umbridge is checking that everything is in order. The only 5th year class you'll have is Defense so she doesn't get suspicious. Every other class from now until further notice will be in your correct year."

Noel gave a relieved sigh, "Thank Merlin."

Flitwick chuckled and nodded a little, "yes well, now you have two reasons to behave yourself around Umbridge. Two week's detention, in her office at 5 o'clock."

"Thanks."

Noel skipped the rest of her classes and went out to get Hades. He barked happily and ran around her. His tongue lolled out. "Let's go."

They walked down the hill and into the old cave Noel made. She pulled out her homework and text books. Getting things done while she watched Hades play around. Once she finished all her work she dusted off her skirt, removed her sweater vest leaving her in just her tie and white button down. She rolled up the sleeves and played fetch with Hades.

It entertained them for a while but eventually they both got tired. Noel transfigured her vest into a blanket and laid down on it, Hades beside her.

"This year already sucks arse." She told him, as he whined.

Noel woke up feeling queasy and nervous. She didn't know many people other than Katie Bell in 6th year. She knew she had charms with some of them the year before but that didn't mean it was any less nerve wracking.

Walking down to Care of Magical Creatures, Professor Grubbly-Plank was there alongside a few Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs.

"Everyone here?" barked Professor Grubbly-Plank, "Let's crack on then — who can tell me what these things are called?"

She indicated the heap of twigs in front of her. The twigs on the table leapt into the air and revealed themselves to be what looked like tiny pixieish creatures made of wood, each with knobbly brown arms and legs, two twig-like fingers at the end of each hand, and a funny, flat, barklike face in which a pair of beetle-brown eyes glittered.

Noel alongside another student from Hufflepuff raised their hand.

"Ms. Lupin?"

"Bowtruckles."

"Yes, these are Bowtruckles. They're tree-guardians,  they usually live in wand-trees. Anybody know what they eat?"

"Mr. Knight?"

It was the same Hufflepuff from before. Noel took a good look at him, he looked lean and muscular. Noel could vaguely remember his name from the Hufflepuff quidditch team.

"Wood lice, but fairy eggs if they can get them." 

"They may not look dangerous, but if angered they will gouge out human eyes with their fingers, which, as you can see, are very sharp and not at all desirable near the eyeballs. Please gather around, sketch it out and write me a hypothesis for their way of living."

Noel noticed that there weren't many students in this class. Most likely because it was N.E.W.T.s level class and not a lot of professions needed a N.E.W.T. from Care of Magical creatures. That being said, there were enough Bowtruckles for each student to have one.

Noel got closer and tried not to react when one jumped onto her notebook. She moved out of the way, and sat down on the ground, she gave a small laugh when her Bowtruckle looked at her curiously, it looked to sit down while she sketched it.

"Smart aren't you?" She asked, every once and a while peeping up from her paper to look at it. The Bowtruckle blinked blankly. "You look like... a praying mantis, but more magical."

"Praying mantis, I think they resemble a leaf insect."

"Oh that's not creative at all," Noel frowned, not looking up.

"Lupin, right?" the boy said sitting down next to her.

"Yeah," Noel confirmed, looking up, "Knight?"

"Hunter."

"Noel."

"They're cool right?" Hunter said, indicating to the Bowtruckles that were now together.

Noel hummed awkwardly. "I guess so, they don't look like they do much."

That personally offended the two bowtruckles, their small beady eyes glaring at her, "I mean other than attacking anyone who wronged them and protecting trees." Noel amended. The bowtruckles gave her a satisfied nod.

"Listen, some friends of mine are going to the library after dinner to get some work done, you can join us if you like."

"You barely know me." Noel said, packing everything up. She picked up her bowtruckle and headed towards the professor, Hunter hot on her heels.

"No, but considering the fact that you might not have many friends, it would be nice for you to meet some people."

Noel looked at her affronted. "I have friends!"

"Loony doesn't count."

Noel glared at him, setting down the bowtruckle gently. "I suggest you stop talking."

"Just— just come." Hunter sighed out, looking at Noel a bit pleadingly.

Noel said nothing, turning her back towards him and walking back to the castle.

A little irritatedly, Noel bumped into Harry and his friends alongside a few Gryffindors as well as Luna and Ginny.

"Noel!" Luna called out.

Noel walked over and stood beside her, "Luna you have dirt. Herbology?"

"Yeah, did I get it off?" She asked as she aggressively scrubbed her nose.

Noel smiled gently, and took her hands away. "Yeah," Noel gasped, "when did you get these!" She asked, touching her orange radish earrings.

"I made them last night!"

When she saw Harry, her prominent eyes seemed to bulge excitedly and she made a beeline straight for him. Many of his classmates turned curiously to watch. Luna took a great breath and then said, without so much as a preliminary hello: "I believe He-Who-Must- Not-Be-Named is back, and I believe you fought him and escaped from him."

Noel grinned wildly. She could hear giggling coming from somewhere around the group of Gryffindors, Noel was ready to throttle them.

"Er — right," said Harry awkwardly.

"You can laugh!" Luna said, her voice rising, apparently under the impression that Parvati and Lavender were laughing at what she had said rather than what she was wearing. "But people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple- Horned Snorkack!"

"Well, they were right, weren't they?" said Hermione impatiently. "There weren't any such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack."

Luna gave her a withering look and flounced away, radishes swinging madly. Parvati and Lavender were not the only ones hooting with laughter now.

"D'you mind not offending the only people who believe me?" Harry asked Hermione.

"Oh, for heaven's sake, Harry, you can do better than her," said Hermione. "Ginny's told me all about her, apparently she'll only believe in things as long as there's no proof at all. Well, I wouldn't expect anything else from someone whose father runs The Quibbler.

"Why are you so mean to her!"

Hermione and Harry both jumped, apparently forgotten that she was there.

"I am not–"

"Because she believes in things? Leave her alone! Ever since I've met you, you never have anything nice to say about anyone who goes against your textbook knowledge. Luna is not far off from what she says.  And I would appreciate it if you would stop laughing at her." Noel said, addressing everyone who was still snickering and talking excitedly to each other.

"And you! You're supposed to be her friend, why do you still call her Loony behind her back?" She asked Ginny who had blended in with all her other friends.

Noel rolled her eyes and looked at Harry. "If you're mean to her again. I can't be your friend anymore."

With that Noel walked away, catching up with Luna. Luna was so incredibly nice and caring and she made Noel think out of the box sometimes and what wrong would it do in indulging her ideas and creativity.

Noel had morals, she would always stick with Luna. She was her best friend and if anyone is mean to her she would immediately cut them off. So they either accepted Luna for who she was or they would have to deal with Noel kicking their ass to the curb.

Walking to Umbridge's office at five o'clock she almost bumped into Harry, she had forgotten that they had detention together.

Harry opened his mouth to say something but Noel cut him off by knocking on the door.

"Come in," said a sugary voice.

Noel and Harry looked around. The walls were covered in lacey covers and cloths. It was so ugly that the two couldn't look away.

"Good evening, Mr. Potter, Miss. Lupin."

"Evening." They said at the same time.

"Well, sit down," she said, pointing toward the two small tables draped in lace beside which she had drawn up a straight-backed chair. A piece of blank parchment lay on the table, apparently waiting for them.

Noel sat down, Harry following suit.

"Now, you are going to be doing some lines for me. No, not with your quill," she added, as Harry bent down to open his bag. "You're going to be using a rather special one of mine. Here you are."

She handed him a long, thin black quill with an unusually sharp point.

"I want you to write 'I must not tell lies,' " she told him softly. "And you, Miss Lupin, will write 'I must not behave like an animal.'"

"How many times?" Harry asked, with a creditable imitation of politeness.

"Oh, as long as it takes for the message to sink in," said Umbridge sweetly. "Off you go."

"You haven't given us any ink." Noel said.

"You won't be needing any."

The two set out to write their lines. As they finished their first sentence the two looked at each other, they're hands were burning.

Noel looked at her hand and swallowed a gasp when she noticed that sentence now bleeding into the back of her hand.

She was starting to feel lightheaded, but continued to write. As she kept writing, the sentence was being carved into her skin but seconds later was healed over.

The two continued, they didn't know how long they needed to go on for but they didn't stop until she called them over.

"Hand," she said.

They both extended it. She took both in her own. Harry repressed a shudder as she touched him with her thick, stubby fingers on which she wore a number of ugly old rings.

"Tut, tut, I don't seem to have made much of an impression yet," she said, smiling. "Well, we'll just have to try again tomorrow evening, won't we? You may go."

The school was quite deserted; it was surely past midnight.

Noel looked at her hand mournfully. The sentiment behind what her hand was now scarred with, made her eyes water.

"El?"

Noel turned her head away from him, wiping her face. "I'm really tired."

"I know." He said sympathetically. He looked down at his own scarred hand. He grabbed her uninjured one in his and linked their hands together.

"Just one week, think you could do it?"

"I have two weeks." Noel whispered. Wrapping her arm around his, seeking some comfort.

"Two?"

"I guess she gave me more after I told her she looked like a toad."

"Personal offense. It was funny."

Noel gave a small laugh. "I've never felt so angry before. I'm sorry about today, the yelling."

"I get it, I would've done the same." Harry shrugged.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I think Hermione needs someone to challenge her sometimes. Bring down her ego. Ron and I definitely couldn't do it, we're not smart enough."

"You're smart Harry."

"Not smart enough, to not get detention apparently."

"I'm right here with you. Doesn't mean anything." They continued to walk together, neither one of them wanting to go to bed just yet.

"I wish I could heal it, but I'm sure she'd want to see that it actually did some damage. I'll heal it when you finish this week." Noel told him, holding his hand in hers gently.

"Thanks."

"Mhm."

Noel slumped into her bed, looking at her hand.

Noel quietly padded around the room not wanting to wake up her roommates. She fed Mars and sank into her bed, just wanting to sleep. As she turned around she came face to face with a bowtruckle, her eyes widened, as she sat up.

It was looking at her warily.

"What are you doing here, you should be in the forest eating lice and sleeping." Noel could make out a small shrug and sighed, she didn't have the energy to deal with this.

"You sleep here, but I'm going to give you back tomorrow."

The bowtruckle shook his head violently. "No?"

Noel sighed and laid down. "If I'm going to keep you, I have to name you." Noel signed deeply. "Tomorrow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40 0 12
╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗ "To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." ...
1.2K 48 46
Haunted by her second year and now with a murderer on the loose, Gwenevere Everill finds herself facing more battles that she does not think she can...
3.4K 151 21
Briana Potter goes back for another year at Hogwarts school. Briana goes into the year with her mind set that she will get to have a normal year, but...
368K 10.6K 52
Let's read a story. One about a girl who grew up in her own mind. Times she was too deep in her own thoughts when people talked not to realize how mu...