Reverse Hero

By Zapz77

"...Gramps, How come the Villain never wins?" Bell Cranel from a very young age has always wondered this. In... More

BIO
Hello Orario
Murderers
Ais Wellenstein
Abilities
Weapon
Monster Festival
Date
Bad Cop
Messing around
Drinks
Minotaur
Welf Crozzo
Keeping Rakia in Check
Pass Parade
Floor 18
Duel
Killers
Kidnapped
Goliath
Trapped
A Dance of Death
Unsettled
Slaughter
New Members
War Game
New House
Pleasure Quarter
The Hero Cycle
Escape From the Pleasure Quarter
Captured
Battle at the Pleasure Quarter
Trump Card
Fall of Ishtar
Falling apart
Hidden Goals
Hidden Village
Wiene
Information Gathering
Innocent Blood
Logic over Feelings
A Hero Saves the Day
Partner
Trust
Battle With Dix Perdix
The Hypocrite
A Change of Heart
The Gods Prodigy
Ally or Enemy?
Success
True Instinct
Origins of a Monster
Back to the Dungeon
Moss Hue
Underwater Battle
New Nickname
Disgust
Death, the living being
Chased
Lily's Mission
Safe For Now
Coliseum
Alone, Again.
Lies
Ghost
Scheming
Quitters
The Hunt
Planning
Set-up
Freya's Game
Ending a Dumb Game
Back Home
Chaos
First Fallen
Second fallen
Game of Waiting
Goodbye
Hero Vs Villain
The Truth
Two Years Later
Squad 6
Party
The March
Battle with the Dragon #1
Battle with the Dragon #2
Happy

Good Cop

2.8K 76 3
By Zapz77

We went into the dungeon. Lily was observing me.

"So Lily, if it's alright with you I'd like to head down to the 6th or maybe 7th,"

"Lily has no problems! Lily will follow wherever Mr. Bell goes!"

"Gald to hear it,"

Eina mentioned to me yesterday that I was ok to go down to the 6th or 7th, but even if she didn't I planned to go here soon.

Once we made it the monsters were a little stronger but they also started popping up more frequently. I slashed through 4 kobolds and turned to fight the 3 goblins behind me.

Lily quickly shot one with a bow attached to her arm. Then the goblins focused on her. I quickly then killed the goblins chasing after her.

"Not bad," I said

"Thank you, Mr. Bell!"

We quickly went through the day just like this, no close calls but it was a chill day overall. I paid her half of what I got which also surprised her a lot. Of course, I was also able to find out a few things about Lily.

The first is that she has never killed anyone, her eyes didn't have any darkness in them that showed that. Second is the fact that she'll try and steal the Hestia knife. Whenever I was fighting her eyes were glued to it the whole time. Not to mention she'd asked many questions about it.

I quickly headed home where Hestia updated my status

Strength: C-794

Agility: A-939

Endurance: A-988

Dexterity: C-777

Health: A-984

Magic: I-0

"WOW! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE HOW AMAZING YOU ARE BELL!"

"Thanks,"

The rest of the night went by as usual.

As I lay on the couch I started to think of countermeasures for not only Lily but also That crazed sex goddess.

'For Lily...If I want to play good cop first I would have to trick her into stealing the wrong thing, which would be easy but then she would suspect me...How can I do it in a way that doesn't seem suspicious?'

Of course, If I wanted to make it so she didn't take it at all that would be simple, but if I want to use her efficiently then having her not be loyal is an issue.

I could set up a situation then and let her steal it and then get it back. However, my connections aren't that well...But I think I have a good idea of how to deal with this now.

'As for the sex goddess...'

If I had to guess she'll most likely be quiet for right now. She made quite the move the other day so making one so soon would not be good. However, when she does I can think of two possibilities. 1, she tries to do a pass parade on me to catch me off guard. She knows how I am so her plans would have to do something with catching me off guard. Then 2, is she tries another event, but that's unlikely.

As I thought about it though nothing came to mind, I guess to understand what she would do next it would be better to understand why She wants to do this instead. I can't think of why though...Unless she wants to kill me indirectly but I feel like that's not it.

 I sat up and checked the time on the wall. 12 AM

"They should be open for a little bit,"

I quickly left without waking up Hestia and went to the Benevolent Mistress. When I arrived it seemed that they were about to close. That was before Syr saw me though.

"Oh! Hey Bell!"

"Heya, I know it's late but can I stop by?"

"Sure!"

I walked into the displeasure of everyone else.

"Why are you here nya?"

"I know it's almost closing but I got a thirst for a drink,"

"So what do you want?" Syr asked "Ale?"

"Sure,"

She quickly got me a drink while everyone else was cleaning up.

"Also Syr, This is a knife I got from Goddess, and since I heard that most people here are adventures I was figuring if you could give me your honest opinion about it,"

"Hmm..." Syr took the knife in her hands and studied it.

"I must say that knife is good," A new voice interrupted. "Although Syr, Mama Mia is going to be mad if you don't clean a little. I can keep Bell company for right now,"

"OH, CRAP!!!" Syr said as she lept up and went into the kitchen.

"Is that your honest opinion?"

"It is,"

"Ryu, if you had to guess where do you think this knife came from? I only have one so I was hoping to buy the second,"

"...I've never seen another knife like that before, but shouldn't you ask your goddess this?"

"You're surprisingly talkative,"

"I'm talking so you can leave faster,"

"Touche,"

I quickly finished my drink and left a big tip for their trouble.

"I'll see you next time,"

"Don't,"

I waved bye to Ryu as I went home and went to bed.

The next morning once again I met up with Lily.

"Good morning Mr. Bell!"

"Good morning,"

"So same floor today?"

"Yup!"

The way I presented myself to Lily was naive, so If I had to guess she will most likely take the knife tomorrow or the day after.

We went into the dungeon and went to the 7th floor where we once again spent the whole day hunting.

Lily was also pleased once again when she got half of the pay.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Bell!" Lily said as she wrapped me in a hug.

'Hey...Greedy hands make you lose fingers,' I let her take the knife.

(Lily POV)

'I GOT IT!' 

I quickly ran down the main street and was about to turn down to a back ally when I heard a voice call out to me.

"Wait!"

I turned around nervously and saw that two girls walked up to me. It was an elf and a human. They seemed to have come from the benevolent mistress.

"Can Lily help you?"

"Can we check that knife you're holding? We have a friend that has one similar and just want to make sure," The human said

'DAMM!'

What also worried me was the elf. She looked rather scared, or I don't know if scared is it. Maybe amazed. I don't know why though.

"Sorry but I'm in a rush so-" I quickly tried to run off when the human grabbed my arm and took the knife that was attached to my waist.

"This is the knife! How could you steal it?!"

'DAMN IT!' I quickly ran off. before they chased after me

(Ryu POV)

Syr handed me the knife as I stood out in the open. The black knife in my hands. Syr quickly went back into the shop to not get on Mama Mia's nerves

'Did he...predict this?'

last night he went to the benevolent mistress and made sure we both saw the knife...Wait but would he have known where the thief would go?

I looked up and saw him walking my way with a grin.

"Ah, thanks for finding it for me,"

I was stunned. He took the knife out of my hands.

"...Did you know this would happen?"

"I had a good idea. Considering the fact that most black market shops are down this street I figured that she would walk down here...But she was greedier than I thought. Oh well though,"

"..."

"If you're ever curious about my thought process next time I stop by ask me for a drink,"

He then left leaving me stunned in the middle of the street.

A/N I know this wasn't how it happened in the Anime but I figured doing this would be better to showcase Bell's abilities some more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 21.4K 184
ADVENTURETIMEFANTICS L X READER ONESHOT SERIES 2 BOOK 1 [BOOK 1/3] [UNEDITED] So by now you would know the drill, but this ones a bit different! This...
31 0 14
In the eyes of the world, the Dark Lord met his end at the hands of the gods, yet unknown to all, he has reincarnated, subtly weaving a grander consp...
64.4K 2.7K 34
Jackie's always been the hero. Anti's always been the villain. And that's how it's always going to be. Right? Is there anything that would ever chang...
26.3K 494 23
Following the loss of his family, Bell chose to pursue a path of revenge while distancing himself emotionally from those he knows. However, things be...