Dream || Neteyam

By pountinecoats

Ni'awtu is like her mother in most cases. When the Sully family shows up seeking shelter, Nia is almost as f... More

Introduction
Songs
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty- One
Twenty- Two
Twenty- Three
Twenty- Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty- Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty- Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty- Two
Thirty- Three
~Thirty- Four~
~Thirty- Five~
~Thirty- Six~
Thirty- Seven
Epilogue
Authors Note

Twenty- Six

3.3K 109 35
By pountinecoats

The rain pounds down hard today outside of the little canopy. The scent of the rain and the small fire is the only thing that my nose picks up.

Neteyam and Tuks voices are the only ones I can hear. The door is closed, so the rain doesn't get in. It is only the three of us.

Neteyam and I didn't say anything almost the entire time, after we confessed in the tree two days ago. We sat there, laughing and starring at one another. Eventually, I fell asleep on his lap. But he woke me up in enough time to get home before eclipse.

They sit one of the walls with a soft seabraided blanket I made a long time ago. We are close to the fire due to the marui being so small. 

This is one of the ones our village has just around for new families. Teenagers use it a lot to hang out, and elders use it sometimes for different uses.

The two siblings both are happy. Neteyam tells a story, enthusiastically, running his hands all over and using his voice for all different sounds.

My head is rest on Neteyam thigh, and I lie sideways, looking to the fire.

"-its true, our great great grandfather was one of the great leaders in contact with the other clans along the sea."

I turn so my neck rests on him and look at Tuk. She looks confused like she seriously doubts what he is saying.

I don't even think Neteyam knows what he is saying.

I love to hear him talk though. He is a great story teller, especially for Tuk'tirey.

Their relationship is one I admire greatly. He is always there for her, and looking out for her. He takes her out to play when no one else will, he holds her hand when no one else will.

Though, he is like that for everyone. Our clan, and his whole family.

They are amazing. It makes me think about what would happen if we had kids.

It was only a small thought that passed by when I saw the two of them playing this morning. Children are not on my mind. They never really have been either.

"I dont believe you." She turns up her head, and crosses her arms, trying to show her confidence.

A smile falls on my face as I watch his face retrack from disbelief.

"Sister, you're going to have to ask mom then. She knows all about it."

"I will." Her stubbornness shows in her voice. I visualize Neytiri telling Tuk the story.

It sounds amazing, she is probably an amazing storyteller. It is only something I can hope for and look forward to.

"You prove him wrong little Tuk." I say quietly.

Last night, I hardly got any sleep. My mind was full of thoughts.

Neteyam and I hadn't seen each other all day, so I had to keep in little things that I wanted to say, or things I had to do.

"Hey!" He looks down at me, his hair falling and framing his face.

I reach up and grab his necklace, holding it in my hand. I cant wait until he makes me one.

"Nia, are you my sister?" Tuks says out of no where. I point my head down further to fully look at her.

My eyes go wide and my heart starts beating. My hand drops from Neteyams necklace.

There is no reason she should be saying that. She knows I am not, Tuk is a genius child.

Laughing I look awkwardly to Neteyam and back to her. "I am not Tuk. Although, I wish I was because I would have the best family in the world!" I reach out and tickle her stomach.

Her laugh abrupts in the room. "I was joking! And Sullys are the best!" Her voice goes higher with the end of her sentence.

Tuks enthusiasm has always made me happy. She has gone through tough things in her life and acts like it is nothing. And that is sad.

"Yeah, they are." I look up to Neteyam. His eyes already gaze at mine.

They are starry eyed, we are both thinking the same thing, but neither of us can say it.

Yesterday, I completely avoided everyone I would remotely consider telling. Neteyam and I haven't worked out when we will tell anyone, but we both know they will think we are too young now.

My mother's sister was truly mated at sixteen, and my mother surprisingly approved, so maybe she could surprise when we tell everyone.

Tuk lays down, her head on Neteyams other thigh. A small, breathy, laugh comes from me when she does this.

Neteyams face is blank as he watches us. "I get stuck in the middle?" He asks sarcastically.

"Mhm," We both hum.

"Yeah." I say. Tuk laughs and brings up her hands to his face. She raises his eyebrows and then grabs his cheeks, making him nod.

A laugh escapes me, and Neteyam glances at me. The look is almost saying, You will pay for this later.

I nod my head once, a smile still displayed on my face. Okay.

I wish to pay for this later. That just means more moments with him.

Next thing we know, Tuk is out cold. A little snore comes from her, and I laugh when I hear it.

"She snores?" I ask, looking up to Neteyam who shares the same dumb smile as me.

"Not normally." He giggles.

I grab his arm, and run my hand down to his, holding it as I sit up in front of him.

"Is she really sleeping?" I ask him. We watch her closely for a moment, and he nods.

Her breaths are too real, and her eyes don't flinch once.

"Hi, my love." He says, in a flirtatious way.

My eyes rush up to his for a moment, and then back down when my stomach arupts in butterflies.

There was never a moment in my life that made me think I would enjoy being called that. Now I am learning that Neteyam could say anything and I might still love him. There is so much power.

It has to be even crazier for our parents; people who are actually mated. That day excites me and also scares me.

"Hi, Jungle Boy." I giggle quietly, watching his chest as it breaths up and down.

A laugh comes from him, his breath pushing my baby hairs slightly out of my face. He leans forward, the black braids fall in front of his shoulders.

My eyebrows raise as I push him away with my free hand. "Neteyam."

Pointing down at Tuk'tirey I give him a serious face. We cannot kiss, regardless if she is asleep or not.

"Ugh. No fun." He pouts. Neteyam is the most annoying person I've ever met.

"Shut up skxawng." My face turns into his same one, mocking him.

"You know you missed me." I roll my eyes and let go of his hand, crossing my arms.

"No actually. Yesterday I had a great day, without you."

He is right though. I did miss him. But I know it is also good to get away from him.

A relationship can never work if one becomes to dependent on the other.

"Okay." His voice shows he knows I am lying.

"You cannot miss me so much when no one can know." The fire begins to get warm on my back, but it feels amazing.

The marui is rustling against the strong wind and rain. There is no other voices besides ours, and with talk about other people, it is amazing.

"What happens when people begin to find out?" The curious, bright green eyes bear into mine.

I want to tell him, they wont. But I just know as soon as our friends see us together, we will know. If we say one accidental wrong thing to our parents, they will know.

"We will have to deny it, and if they don't believe us, then they will know." My confident voice comes out. This is the kind of thing we need to be serious about.

Everyone knowing isn't my issue, age and judgements are my issue. We have no idea what would happen to us or our families if they did find out.

Neteyam and I are still young. Both sixteen. Although, he is almost seventeen, and he is technically, by Omaticaya standards, a man.

I wonder if my father would make him become a man by Metkayina standards. Neteyam could do it, easy. But it is also a pretty known fact that for some reason, Lo'ak seems to be doing better in our home.

"What do you think they will do?" Neteyam asks, pulling the blanket away from him, and over Tuk and I's laps.

I grin slightly at his gesture. "I was just thinking about that."

"I know." I glance up at him, shocked. His distinct grin grows. He is ridiculous.

"I have no idea. There are so many outcomes. My parents could be furious or fine with it, yours I dont know very well. But I think Neytiri would be skeptical. Then I would wonder if my parents would make you become a Metkayina warrior."

"I planned on it." He states. His voice is proud. I wonder how long he's wanted to become one. And why.

There is a thought in the back of my mind about his future. Does he think he will go back home?

If they do, what happens to us?

Then there is also the fact that they can probably never go home. Leaving your clan as a leader is shameful.

A smile grows on my face, once again though. Because either way, he wants to be one of us. "Really?" My eager voice says.

He nods. The hand I am holding, get looser and then he spins my Metkayina bracelet around my wrist.

It feels great. The way the little details matter as much as the big ones.

"I've wanted to since I've met you."

A laugh falls out of my lips. "Stop that!" He can't be too mushy on me.

"What?" He asks, watching my face with as much amusement as mine.

"That was strange, Jungle Boy."

His lips push together, still confused. But no more questions follow.

"But, if you became one, I would help you. Besides, you're almost half way there." I speak quiet again, watching his face fall into the calm state again.

"I want to."

"Neteyam?" He glances up to me. "Do you think you'll ever go back home?" I'm quiet. It's as if the sentence isn't even a thing, just one I thought of.

If that was the case, the weight hanging over me would be gone.

Neteyams face makes a thinking expression, but I can tell he knows. He looks down to Tuk, where she lies, peacefully.

Finally, he shakes his head, his hair moving along with him.

"If we do, it will be because of nothing good."

The twirling of my bracelet stops. My head instantly drops down to his hand.

My free hand grabs the hand that stopped, cupping his hand with mine. There is nothing to say.

He is right.

I let go of his hand and grab his face, reaching my arm above Tuk. His eyes peer back up at me, sad.

Every peace of sympathy falls through my eyes. And then I lean in slowly, pressing my lips against his.

The comforting warm feeling falls on me. My love.

Pulling apart, shortly after, a small laugh comes from me, looking at Tuk. He gives a small laugh back.

There are so many things wrong.

//

sorry I didn't make it clear babes but they have not mated yet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 5.1K 30
Abandoned from birth. Trained to kill from a young age. obsessed with escaping earth and exploring the world of Pandora. A young girl finds a book al...
9.1K 389 18
"𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘕𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘺𝘢𝘮, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘦." Life in Awa'atlu was as predictable as the way water flowed across...
13.5K 430 25
in which ay'yeiva finds peace in an arrangement with the new boy. ・゚゚・。.・゜゜・ 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭...
96.2K 3.1K 38
- Jake Sully X Reader (Avatar The Way of Water Fan-Fiction) - |Avatar Franchise| - Single Book - After losing Neytiri in battle against the resurfa...