𝔇𝔦𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔡𝔰

By SimplySafs

The lights were booming, the city was alive, and the nights were passionate in good old Las Vegas Nevada! Si... More

💎 𝔇𝔦𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔡𝔰 ℑ 💎
𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔇𝔦𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔙𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔰
𝔄𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 & 𝔉𝔯𝔲𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫
𝔗𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔰
ℜ𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰
𝔗𝔴𝔬 𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔚𝔢𝔢𝔨𝔰
𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔐𝔢𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤
𝔗𝔯𝔲𝔢 ℭ𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔯𝔰
𝔉𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔲𝔯𝔢
𝔐𝔶 𝔉𝔲𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔣𝔢
𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫
𝔄 𝔅𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔱 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔱
ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔟𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔨
ℌ𝔦𝔰 𝔓𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰
𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔰
ℌ𝔦𝔰 𝔗𝔴𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔨𝔢𝔫 ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱
𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢 𝔚𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔬𝔯
ℜ𝔢𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔱
𝔐𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢
𝔏𝔢𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔞
𝔇𝔢𝔠𝔦𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰
𝔍𝔞𝔠𝔢𝔶𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 & 𝔈𝔵𝔭𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔄𝔣𝔣𝔞𝔦𝔯𝔰
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔫𝔢𝔯 𝔦𝔫 ℭ𝔯𝔦𝔪𝔢
𝔐𝔦𝔡𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱
𝔅𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
𝔇𝔢𝔫𝔶
ℌ𝔢𝔯 𝔐𝔞𝔪𝔞
𝔖𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔅𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔶
𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔨𝔢𝔫 𝔇𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪𝔰 & ℭ𝔬𝔪𝔭𝔩𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰
𝔅𝔢𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔶𝔞𝔩
𝔅𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔓𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔱
ℜ𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢
𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔓𝔥𝔬𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔵
𝔖𝔲𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔡
𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔨𝔢𝔫 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔖𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 & 𝔇𝔦𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔡 ℜ𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰
𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔥𝔬𝔬𝔡
𝔗𝔬 𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔦𝔳𝔢 & "𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔢𝔱"
𝔅𝔩𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰
ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔡 𝔗𝔯𝔲𝔱𝔥
𝔏𝔦𝔣𝔢 & 𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥
ℑ 𝔇𝔬𝔰 & 𝔅𝔞𝔟𝔶 𝔅𝔩𝔲𝔢𝔰
ℌ𝔦𝔰 𝔅𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔞𝔰
𝔐𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔬 𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔦
ℌ𝔲𝔤𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔎𝔦𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔰 💋

𝔇𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔅𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡

161 10 1
By SimplySafs

The room fell into a profound silence when Mina directed a question at Sora about her identity.

Kai, halted in his steps, cast a quick glance at Sora, who wore a smug expression in response to Mina's inquiry.

Aware of Sora's specialty for causing emotional distress, Kai took immediate action.

"Who am I? I'm Kai's—"

"My cousin! This is my cousin, Sora! Sora, meet my wife, Mina!" Kai interjected urgently.

Sora's eyes widened in disbelief as Kai fabricated their relationship, while Mina warmly extended her arms in a welcoming gesture.

Anticipating a hug from Sora, Mina's expectation fell flat as Sora remained rooted in place.

"It's nice to meet you, Sora! I'm Amina, but you can call me Mina! Kai didn't mention anyone coming over! I'm sorry for the lack of a proper welcome. Would you like some green tea?" Mina spoke cheerfully.

Sora tensed upon encountering Mina for the first time, noticing a striking difference between Mina's appearance and the images she had seen.

The photographs portrayed a more vibrant, content Mina with a fuller figure and a radiance in her eyes, primarily captured during her nikkah day, an Islamic wedding ceremony.

However, that glow seemed entirely absent now.

Despite nearly three years passing, Mina had undergone a significant transformation.

She appeared fragile, feeble, and notably thinner in person.

Catching Sora's eye, Kai offered an apologetic glance, prompting Sora to roll her eyes in response, while Jack attempted to stop Mina from entering the kitchen, and Denise introduced herself.

"Hello there! I'm Denise! I work alongside Kai at the police station! Welcome to Vegas!"

"You work with Kai? I thought he works with Jack and that woman," Sora retorted with evident frustration.

Denise's eyes widened, registering Sora's agitated tone, and she promptly shook her head.

"No, no! While he collaborates with them, he's still one of my colleagues! Don't worry, Sora. Kai works with Jack and his wife, Mina," Denise explained calmly.

The words "wife" and "Mina" stirred discomfort within Sora, feeling oddly misplaced.

Kai offered an awkward smile at the group before excusing himself, citing a need to speak with Sora.

Amid nods from the others, Jack intervened, loudly urging Mina to take a seat.

"Sit down, Meens! You're not supposed to walk! Do you want the wound to open up, you crazy lady?"

Mina shook her head, determined to prepare tea, her cultural beliefs deeming it impolite to neglect serving a guest.

"Yeah, come on Mina! Jack and I got this! We won't mess up!" Denise chimed in.

With a slight bend, Mina groaned in discomfort but eventually agreed, slowly making her way to the couch.

Both Jack and Denise squeezed into the compact kitchen, feeling considerably constrained as their arms brushed against each other with each movement.

In a moment of awkwardness, Jack found himself blushing furiously, his attention diverted, fixated on Denise's actions while she prepared the tea.

"Hey Jack, can you hand me the—JACK! STOP LOOKING AT MY LIPS! FOCUS!" Denise scolded him, her frustration evident.

"Okay. Okay. They just look nice and plump! You use shea butter girl? Cuz my granny swears up and down on it child! When my knees ashy as hell, my grandma be praying sweet baby jesu-" Jack rambled on, trying to cover his earlier lapse in focus.

Denise burst into laughter midway through Jack's story, realizing his ability to turn any situation into something humorous.

Sensing Denise's laughter, Jack's nerves got the best of him, causing him to fall silent.

When left alone with Denise, his nerves scrambled his thoughts, leading him to changes every conversation out of uneasiness.

Seeing her laugh was something Jack cherished, yearning to witness it more frequently.

Little did he know, soon enough, he would be blessed to hear her laughter for the rest of his life.

***************

As Kai guided Sora into his room, she promptly withdrew her arm and shot him an angry glare, provoking a groan of frustration from Kai.

"How could you keep our relationship a secret? Especially in front of HER!" Sora's tone simmered with fury.

Kai swiftly covered her mouth, gesturing for her to lower her voice before responding.

"Look, Sora. I understand your desire to tell Mina about us, but not in front of everyone! I can't believe you rearranged the apartment! Where's our wedding certificate? Wasn't it on the wall where the flag is hanging?" Kai's sighed.

Sora's smirk hinted at her mischief, and Kai sighed, realizing the gravity of lecturing Sora on being respectful to Mina.

"I thought you promised to divorce her. Why are you still married?" Sora's voice quivered at the word "married," laced with anger.

"I couldn't. I just fucking shot her, only a few days ago Sora! How can I leave her, after I almost murdered her?! I just can't divorce her right now. She needs help." Kai's voice softened, weighed down by the recent violent episode.

Tearing off her necklace, Sora hurled it to the ground, stomping on it, causing Kai to gasp in shock.

That locket was the first gift Kai had ever given Sora during their teenage years.

It held immense sentimental value, filled with notes from Kai and a picture of him, Sora, and... Kenji.

"I don't care! I waited all this time for you, and I'm the one getting hurt? You married her just to make me jealous after leaving Japan! I didn't want to break up with you, Kai! I promise I didn't want to be with him. Oto San forced me!" Sora's tearfully replied.

Sora's tearful confession left Kai tense, knowing exactly who "him" referred to.

As Sora wiped her tears, Kai pulled her close, embracing her tightly before speaking.

"I understand, Sora. I do. But you have to I can't just leave her right now! You know I love you more than Mina, so why are you upset? I promised we'd be together, and we are! Let's keep us a secret from Mina for now, but I swear, once she's better, I'll divorce her. I want only you. Never her. Just play along for now, okay?"

Despite detesting the secrecy, Sora conceded to Kai's reasoning.

Disliking Mina didn't justify causing heartbreak, especially after nearly losing her life due to her own husband.

"Okay daarin. I'll try to be nice, but no promises! Besides, I think it's funner in secret!" Sora smirked.

Kai chuckled at Sora's playful demeanor, tenderly planting a kiss on her forehead before asking,

"Ready to face them?"

Sora took a deep breath and nodded slowly.

"Ready."

************

Following the loud crash that echoed through the house, Gabriella swiftly rose, recognizing the source of the disturbance.

Before she could reach Leonardo's room, Gabriella needed to have a word with Salvatore.

Upon entering the kitchen, Gabriella observed Lucia captivating Aurora with her tales, Emiliano stealing subtle glances, while Salvatore conversed with his right-hand man, Angelo.

"Daddy. Come here. NOW," Gabriella demanded with a tinge of anger.

Salvatore turned, promptly approaching as Gabriella firmly grasped his arm, guiding him towards the room.

Jace and Richie were already present in the room. Richie seemed visibly disheartened, while Jace attempted to console him.

"Why are you such bitch daddy? First, you don't defend me, then, you beat the shit out of Leo? What's up your ass today?" Gabriella expressed her frustration.

A faint chuckle escaped Salvatore as Gabriella vented, acknowledging that if anyone else had spoken to him in such a manner, the consequences would have been death.

Gabriella rolled her eyes as her father chuckled, prompting her to prod him further.

"Calm down principessa. I would've defended you in a heart beat bambina, but you know how important Aurora is. Besides, you're a big girl. You can handle a small taunt!" Salvatore remarked with a smile.
(Principessa= Princess| Bambina= Baby in Italian)

"I don't care how "important" Aurora is! She called Richie disgusting, and said Jace has dirty blood! Saying I have no class is one thing, but calling out my man, and my child is another. I'll deliver her head to you tomorrow!" Gabriella fired back angrily.

Salvatore glanced over at Richie, caught up in a playful moment with Jace, and couldn't help but scoff quietly.

Initially, Salvatore did not approve of Richie at all.

To him, Richie represented an ordinary man while his daughter, Gabriella, was nothing short of a princess in his eyes.

In Salvatore's perception, Gabriella deserved the absolute best, and he was hesitant to see her involved with someone he deemed average like Richie.

However, despite Salvatore's efforts to discourage the relationship, Gabriella's love for Richie remained steadfast, bringing her genuine happiness for the first time.

Due to Salvatore's past experiences with messy breakups in Gabriella's life, he eventually relented, giving his approval.

Within a day, the couple was married.

Despite this approval, Salvatore's feelings toward Richie remained conflicted.

Though he accepted Richie into the family, deep down, he still resented him for "stealing" his daughter and perceived Richie's standing as less than satisfactory.

While Richie's technical work alongside Leonardo and his aid in gathering information were commendable, Salvatore's acceptance of him was only a facade, borne out of his unwavering love for Gabriella.

"She's not wrong amore! Richie is Richie! That's all! There's nothing interesting about him Gabi! And even though saying Jace has dirty blood because he's not full Italian is rude, she's not completely wrong." Salvatore shrugged.

Gabriella's gasp echoed through the room, and an angry sneer flashed on Jace's face directed at Salvatore.

"If Jace is dirty, then so am I. I'm not full Italian. Bet you think I'm dirty too huh?" Tears streamed down Gabriella's cheeks as she spoke.

Salvatore's eyes widened in shock, and he hastily shook his head, reaching out to hold Gabriella by the shoulders.

"No amore, that is not what I meant, okay? I'm just angry at Leonardo, and I say things I don't mean! You're perfect Gabriella. I promise!" Salvatore said frantically.

Pushing Salvatore away, Gabriella turned emotional, while Jace began crying, prompting Richie to stand by his wife's side.

As Salvatore attempted to lift Jace, the young boy refused to be picked up by his grandfather, especially after the hurtful comments directed at his mother.

"You're mean, Nonno! You're mean to mommy, daddy, me, and Uncle Leo! I hate you!" Jace's angry words caught Salvatore off guard, the phrase "I hate you" cutting deep.

Despite the hurtful words he uttered, Salvatore cherished Jace deeply.

That little boy was Salvatore's sole grandchild.

"Nonno didn't mean it, piccolo. Nonno is upset with Uncle Leonardo because he's not listening. Not with you. Nonno loves you, so much," Salvatore spoke tenderly.
(Piccolo= Little One in Italian)

Jace shook his head and stormed out of the room. Salvatore sighed as Richie followed, leaving Gabriella behind.

"Stop being stupid, Daddy. Please!" Gabriella's voice was tinged with anger.

Salvatore attempted to embrace Gabriella again, but she pushed him away and exited the room.

While Salvatore paid little heed to the opinions of millions, the thought of his grandchild hating him pierced deep into his heart.

**************

Leonardo began gathering the shards of the shattered chandelier, despite the glass piercing his fingers repeatedly.

The physical pain paled in comparison to the ache of missing his daughter.

Upon learning about Alaia, Leonardo's primary objective had been to locate her.

Despite the extensive network of messengers in the De Luca mafia, the actual outcome proved to be far more challenging than he had ever anticipated.

Was Leonardo prepared to embrace fatherhood?

Frankly, no, he wasn't.

His determination stemmed from Salvatore's constant motto.

"Family is forever."

While Leonardo had his own aspirations and pursuits, they paled in comparison to the fervor with which he sought Alaia.

The six years without his daughter had driven Leonardo into a state of profound depression.

Any semblance of happiness was swiftly eclipsed by thoughts of Alaia.

Wiping blood from his injured fingers, Leonardo took a deep breath, recollecting the source of his earlier frustration.

Ah, yes.

He was practically engaged to Aurora.

Leonardo looked around the room in sadness, wondering why Salvatore always had it out for him.

From the moment he was born, to now, Salvatore was always harsh.

Only twice had Salvatore exhibited kindness towards Leonardo.

During his mother's death and Gabriella's kidnapping.

Struggling to recollect the circumstances of Gabriella's kidnapping, Leonardo's memory finally settled on that fateful night.

The eve of Gabriella's sixteenth birthday.

*************

Sicily, 1980

Within the De Luca family's opulent home, Gabriella paced nervously in her room, anticipating her father's arrival.

Today marked the annual De Luca gala, a grand event orchestrated every year by the mafia's don—Salvatore, her father.

Having resided in Italy for six months, Gabriella hadn't yet met anyone from her father's side of the family.

Salvatore had prohibited her from leaving the confines of their home, leaving her mostly isolated.

Puzzled by the restrictions imposed on her while Leonardo seemingly enjoyed the liberty to come and go, Gabriella found herself perplexed.

The prospect of meeting her father's relatives, sister, and grandparents for the first time in months sent her nerves skyrocketing.

Today was her long-awaited chance to step outside the home after an extended period of seclusion.

Checking herself in the mirror, Gabriella pondered her outfit choice for the gala, but her focus shifted as she noticed her unruly hair.

Her attempt to rectify it was abruptly interrupted.

"GABRIELLA! What are you doing?" Salvatore's voice startled her, causing Gabriella to drop the flat iron in surprise.

Quickly approaching her, Salvatore kicked the flat iron away and enveloped Gabriella in a hug.

"Don't change yourself, bambina. You're perfect. Besides, how will people recognize you as my daughter without those curls?" Salvatore said with a smirk.

Gabriella chuckled at her father's jest and embraced him even tighter.

Despite her time in Italy, Gabriella's relationships with everyone remained largely unchanged.

Her bond with Salvatore had grown stronger, while tensions with Valentina persisted.

As for Leonardo, their connection was virtually non-existent.

Expressing her nervousness to Salvatore, Gabriella's voice quivered.

"I know, but I'm nervous daddy. What if, what if they don't like me?"

Salvatore sighed, tousling Gabriella's curls before speaking reassuringly.

"Then I'll kill them. Every single one of them  principessa. You're my daughter, so they will have to accept you, no matter what! And it's your birthday tomorrow Gabi. If today isn't the best, then I know tomorrow will be even better. You're going to be sixteen! If tonight goes well, I'll invite everyone to your party bambina. Tomorrow is the first birthday I will spend with you and I don't intend on missing it."

Gabriella tensed at the mention of her birthday.

Back home with her mom, sisters, and stepdad, her birthdays were always the worst.

Instead of saying happy birthday Lucille would always say,"Only a year closer to getting rid of you."

The mention of her upcoming birthday stirred conflicting emotions.

Memories of her tumultuous birthdays back home, marred by hurtful comments her mother use to use lingered in her mind.

Yet this time, she felt an unfamiliar sense of hope and optimism this time around.

"I've never even celebrated my birthday daddy. So, I guess it'll be our first time celebrating it together!" Gabriella exclaimed.

Salvatore's eyes widened in a sudden realization, stunned to think that Gabriella had been celebrating her birthday all these years.

This revelation struck him as he recalled the countless pictures Lucille would send on her birthday.

Lucille spared no expense for celebrations with her other daughters, which deeply pained Salvatore, knowing his own daughter was not experiencing the same joy.

"Y-yeah. Now come on! I want to introduce my daughter to everyone!" Salvatore's excitement was palpable.

Gabriella nodded as Salvatore ushered her into the foyer, where Angelo, Salvatore's closest friend, awaited them.

Angelo had always been kind to Gabriella, and she regarded him as a second father figure.

"You're looking very pretty, Gabi! I doubt Salvatore will ever let you out of his sight, so make the most of tonight!" Angelo playfully ruffled Gabriella's hair.

Gabriella giggled and nodded in agreement.

Meanwhile, Salvatore walked hand in hand with Valentina, while little Leonardo trailed closely behind.

Seeing the De Luca family together made Gabriella's throat tighten.

They seemed like the epitome of a perfect family.

It made her feel like she didn't quite fit in.

"Come on, Gabi! Don't be too nervous. Remember what I said?" Salvatore smiled encouragingly.

Nodding in response, Gabriella took a deep breath before entering the car, catching glimpses of Leonardo's glaring look and Valentina's eye-rolling.

Gabriella often wondered why Leonardo seemed opposed to her, especially considering how fondly Salvatore used to speak of him back when she lived in New York.

In reality, Leonardo cherished his sister and desired a relationship with her, but Valentina despised it.

Leonardo loved everything about Gabriella, except the way she had Salvatore wrapped around her finger.

Salvatore's strictness towards Leonardo stemmed from preparing him for his future role as the heir to the De Luca mafia.

At only ten years, Leonardo already knew how to stab, shoot, and poison someone to death.

There were numerous instances when Salvatore subjected Leonardo to physical abuse and withheld food, all under the guise of preparing him for an uncertain future.

Even Valentina, aware of Salvatore's severe treatment, felt powerless to intervene because such measures were considered customary within their family.

Salvatore himself had endured a similar upbringing at Leonardo's age, embracing it wholeheartedly, paving the way for the infamous figure he was known as today.

But Leonardo was unlike Salvatore.

He harbored no desire to become the don. Instead, he yearned for a different childhood, one free from the constraints imposed upon him.

He longed to play in the park with other children and to have a father who genuinely cared for him.

Leonardo couldn't allow himself to shed tears in Salvatore's presence, knowing that any display of vulnerability would only intensify Salvatore's treatment, further straining their already fractured relationship.

Both of them understood that their relationship might never mend, yet Leonardo clung to an unwavering optimism.

He hoped, against the odds, that Salvatore would someday reciprocate the love he felt for him.

Maybe one day.

Just maybe.

*********

After a lengthy journey, the De Luca family arrived at the grand gala.

An occasion for the entire family to reunite, share achievements, and showcase the most exquisite gems bestowed upon their wives.

The previous year, Alessandro, Salvatore's father, had presented his wife with a colossal emerald from the southern regions of Colombia.

However, this year, Salvatore aimed to bring about a change.

"Alright. We're here. Be calm, Gabi," Salvatore reassured as he helped her out of the car.

Gabriella sighed, taking in the dazzling lights adorning the venue, while Salvatore led Valentina inside.

Gabriella's complexion paled as Salvatore entered with Valentina.

"I thought he'd accompany me!" she stressed .

Suddenly, someone linked arms with her.

Leonardo.

"Papa says I have to escort you in. Tip of advice, don't look Nonno in the eye, and DO NOT ask Aunt Lucia where she got her dress from." Leonardo said sternly..

Gabriella gasped at Leonardo's unexpected words, and a giggle escaped her as she noticed his small figure in a suit.

"You look so tiny!" she chuckled.

Leonardo, feigning seriousness, shook his head, prompting more laughter from Gabriella.

"Okay, sorry for laughing. But why can't I look Nonno in the eye or ask about Aunt Lucia's dress?" she inquired, smiling.

"Nonno is scary and Mama says he hides under our beds when we don't listen! Aunt Lucia loves talking about clothing and accessories. Unless you want to be entangled in her conversation, avoid complimenting her!" Leonardo explained frantically.

Surprised by Leonardo's revelation, Gabriella burst into laughter.

Even though escorting her was his duty, he couldn't resist laughing along.

Witnessing Leonardo's laughter warmed Gabriella's heart.

His tiny giggles and deep dimples surfaced for the first time, making Gabriella smile proudly.

She had succeeded in making him laugh.

"Maybe tonight will be okay after all," Gabriella thought.

Leonardo swiftly composed himself, reverted to a stern demeanor, and extended his hand.

"Come on, sorella. People are expecting us," he said sternly.

Gabriella's smile faded, thinking the term "sorella" was an insult.

As Leonardo led her inside, she realized their relationship had regressed.

Unaware of the many eyes on her, Gabriella paled upon realizing they had entered.

She contemplated fleeing until...

"GABRIELLA! La mia bellissima nipotina!" Alessandro exclaimed.

Salvatore approached, ready to introduce Gabriella to the family.

Taking a deep breath, she sighed.

It was now or never.

***********

Salvatore guided both Gabriella and Leonardo onto the grand stage, where a multitude of excited onlookers eagerly observed.

Gabriella's hand trembled with nerves, catching Leonardo's attention.

Without hesitation, he gently held her hand, eliciting a surprised gasp from Gabriella.

Offering a sheepish smile, Leonardo spoke reassuringly,

"I am nervous too, sorella. We can help each other."

While Gabriella nodded in agreement, a twinge of disappointment lingered as the term "sorella" evoked a sense of unease.

With a broad smile, Salvatore finally addressed the crowd.

"Ciao famiglia. I know everyone is ready to get drunk, but I want to introduce my daughter, Gabriella De Luca! Say hello Gabi!"

Gabriella's face paled as the entire crowd turned their attention to her.

"I-i hello!" she stammered nervously.

Laughter erupted from the crowd, leaving Gabriella feeling self-conscious as she struggled to comprehend the foreign language.

"In Italian, nipotina!" Alessandro shouted through the crowd.

Caught off guard, Gabriella froze as her grandfather stared, but Leonardo swiftly stood in front of her.

Despite the rule against being near Gabriella, today Leonardo disregarded it, determined to make her feel comfortable in the spotlight.

Taking a deep breath, Leonardo was about to make an unexpected statement.

"Basta con queste sciocchezze! Mia sorella non parla italiano! Ora dai, ubriachiamoci! (Enough of this nonsense! My sister doesn't speak Italian! Now come on, let's get drunk!)"

The crowd erupted in laughter and applause, providing Gabriella a moment of relief.

Salvatore glanced at Leonardo with a mixture of surprise and nervousness, while Gabriella sighed in gratitude for the diversion.

Before Leonardo could apologize, Salvatore took Gabriella's hand, redirecting attention, and began introducing her to the family.

"Mama, papa, meet Gabriella," Salvatore proudly announced.

Alessandro beamed at Gabriella, embracing her warmly.

"Oh Gabriella! You're a big girl! She's a pretty one mio figlio. I have been waiting to meet you for so long mami! How are you?" Alessandro greeted happily.

Salvatore nodded in agreement, but Carolina, Salvatore's mother, eyed Gabriella with disgust.

"She looks like her mama." Carolina remarked unamused.

Salvatore defended, "Of course, mama. A child has both their parents' traits, no?"

Carolina, however, insisted, "I know, but she's not pretty. She got it from her mama's side."

Leonardo, seizing an opportunity to diffuse tension, humorously added,

"Then I suppose papa only got his looks from Nonno!"

Gabriella and Alessandro laughed at Leonardo's remark, while Salvatore scolded him and Carolina rolled her eyes.

Lucia, Salvatore's aunt, arrived with her family, immediately intervening.

"Enough with the teasing mama! Hello Gabriella! I'm Aunt Lucia! You're a beautiful bambina, don't worry about what Noni said! Meet your cousin Maria, and Emiliano!"

Wide-eyed, Gabriella realized this was the "Aunt Lucia" Leonardo had mentioned.

Nervously, she greeted them, and Emiliano excitedly introduced himself and Maria.

"Hello, cousin! Uncle Sal talks about you all the time! And this is my sister Maria. She's very shy, but don't worry, she likes you too! By the way, I'm eight, and Maria is eleven! How old are you?" Emiliano said enthusiastically.

"Uh, nice to meet you, Auntie! And nice to meet you too, Maria and Emiliano!"

Emiliano beamed, showcasing his toothless smile, prompting Gabriella to giggle, while Maria offered a shy wave in response.

"Hello, cousin! Uncle Sal talks about you all the time! And this is my sister Maria. She's very shy, but don't worry, she likes you too! By the way, I'm eight, and Maria is eleven! How old are you?" Emiliano reiterated with excitement.

Before Gabriella could respond to Emiliano's question, Salvatore proudly spoke.

"Tomorrow is her sixteenth birthday."

The room gasped, except for Lucia and Alessandro, who were well-informed about Gabriella.

Gabriella nervously nodded, and Emiliano, eager to play, attempted to pull Leonardo away from Salvatore.

"We must throw the biggest birthday party in the world for my Gabi! Right, Lucia?" Alessandro exclaimed.

Lucia joyfully nodded, causing Gabriella to blush with gratitude as her auntie and grandfather had already embraced her.

Valentina approached, prompting Salvatore to release Leonardo and encircle his arm around her waist.

While Leonardo yearned to join in the playfulness, he understood Salvatore's displeasure and chose to stand by Valentina's side instead.

Gabriella stood awkwardly as Valentina spoke, a feeling of unease washing through her.

"How does it feel to have a daughter now, Valentina? I'm sure it's very exciting! I mean, Maria still can't relate to things with me, but I'm sure you and Gabriella can relate more because she's older!" Lucia said with a smile.

Salvatore and Gabriella both tensed, realizing it was the exact opposite of the truth, and they hadn't anticipated hearing Valentina speak on the matter.

"Yeah, it's great to have another girl in the house! Even Leonardo enjoys Gabriella's company!"

Salvatore, Gabriella, and Leonardo were left speechless at Valentina's statement, utterly bewildered by the unexpected turn.

Valentina offered a sheepish smile to Salvatore, subtly indicating that she was just joking.

However, her actions perplexed everyone as she pulled Leonardo aside and whispered,

"I saw the way you defended her earlier. Don't do that again! Stay with me the rest of the night. Gabriella cannot be trusted!"

Leonardo reluctantly nodded, feeling torn and upset.

He cast a final, sorrowful glance at Gabriella before being pulled away by his mama.

Gabriella sighed, realizing Valentina had fabricated the compliment to elevate her image.

As Salvatore engaged in conversation with Lucia, using the term "sorella" once more, Gabriella stood nervously, uncertain of her place in the family.

Seeking clarification, Gabriella turned to Salvatore, asking.

"Daddy? What does Sorella mean?"

"Sister. Sorella means sister. Why?" Salvatore replied.

With a wide smile, Gabriella realized that Leonardo had called her sister, something that brought her unexpected joy and a sense of connection.

Leonardo actually liked her!

Before Gabriella could approach Leonardo, her grandfather took the stage, ready to present the jewels.

"This year, the jewel I am gifting my wife is a 25-carat ruby from Burma! And the cost? Eight hundred thousand!" Alessandro announced, leaving the audience in gasps.

Gabriella, shocked by the extravagance, wondered about the depth of Alessandro's love for his wife to choose such a grand and expensive gift.

As family members followed suit, showcasing their jewels, none surpassed Alessandro's remarkable price point.

An hour passed, and it was finally Salvatore's turn to present his jewels.

Valentina sat beside him, eagerly awaiting the unveiling, but Salvatore's gaze remained fixed on Gabriella throughout.

Gabriella smiled at her papa, who reciprocated with a wink before gesturing to the box in front of him.

No.

He couldn't!

Salvatore couldn't break tradition and give the gem to Gabriella.

Gabriella sighed, knowing the spotlight would once again be on her.

Yet, amidst her worries, a singular thought dominated her mind.

"I hope Valentina doesn't hate me."

*********

As everyone eagerly anticipated Salvatore to reveal the jewel, Leonardo sat nervously, aware of the impending consequences he would face at home.

Gabriella offered a supportive smile to Leonardo, but he ignored it, not wanting to attract any more trouble from his parents.

"Hello, everyone. I know I am supposed to present the jewel to my wife, but this year I want to change it up," Salvatore announced, leaving Valentina intrigued.

"What do you mean, Salvatore?" Lucia asked, puzzled.

Salvatore grinned, making his way to Gabriella. Valentina gasped in shock, feeling a sense of betrayal.

Nervously, Gabriella followed Salvatore, and he seated her before addressing the crowd once more.

"This year, my daughter will get the jewel. The jewel I am gifting my daughter is the grandest of all! No one can compare!"

Alessandro raised a brow, smirking confidently, certain that nothing could surpass his massive ruby.

"What is the jewel, Salvatore?" Alessandro inquired with a smirk.

"A diamond. The Diamond of Versailles, costing two million, all the way from France. For you, my darling!" Salvatore replied with smile.

The crowd gasped in surprise, especially Salvatore's parents and Valentina.

Dizziness overcame Gabriella as Salvatore placed the substantial diamond in her hands, kissing her head and speaking.

"Happy birthday, cara mia."
(Cara mia= my dear in Italian)

"T-thank you, papa. You didn't have to," Gabriella stammered, her voice shaky amidst the comments from the angry crowd.

"She's a bastard child!"

"Dirty blood!"

"Biggest mistake Salvatore has ever made!"

Gabriella fought back tears as the taunts grew louder, witnessing Salvatore pull out his gun and fire at the chandelier multiple times, causing it to crash down, narrowly avoiding harm to those below.

"SILENZIOSO!" Salvatore shouted angrily, demanding silence.

Despite his command, the insults aimed at Gabriella only intensified, echoing through the room, and Salvatore's gun couldn't silence the hurtful words from family members.

His action meant nothing to those who taunted Gabriella, as they believed Salvatore would not harm them, since they were family.

"GO BACK TO AMERICA CAGNA! YOU DO NOT BELONG IN OUR COUNTRY! VALENTINA DESERVES BETTER!" Francesca, Valentina's best friend, yelled.

A single tear escaped Gabriella's eye, quickly wiped away to avoid Salvatore's notice.

"Are you jealous because no man wants to buy you diamonds, Francesca?" Lucia retorted, clearly annoyed.

Francesca rolled her eyes before directing another hurtful comment at Gabriella.

"YOU KNOW YOUR MAMA TRIED TO SELL YOU, BUT FAILED? THAT IS WHY SHE IS IN HIDING, BECAUSE SALVATORE IS LOOKING FOR HER! YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD, BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE SINCE YOU'V-

Francesca's harsh words echoed, but a sudden gunshot pierced through the building.

She crumpled to the floor, screaming in pain, as others rushed to restrain her and attend to her wound.

"SALVATORE! HOW COULD YOU?" Valentina sobbed angrily.

Salvatore, seemingly unfazed, shrugged his shoulders.

Gabriella, tears streaming down her face, felt a profound sense of embarrassment.

"Don't ever speak to my daughter like that again. Rest in peace, I guess," Salvatore coldly remarked to the bleeding Francesca.

Valentina, consumed by anger, stood up and slapped Salvatore in front of everyone, intensifying the already tense situation.

Salvatore glared at Valentina, and an uneasy silence enveloped the room, as he had not only killed someone who was family but had also shattered an unspoken code.

No one was safe.

Salvatore could kill them next, regardless if they were family.

Many turned to Alessandro, as he too could give authority.

"He has every right to kill Francesca. She cannot disrespect Gabriella like that." Alessandro declared, defending his son's actions.

Seeing Gabriella cry made Leonardo extremely uncomfortable, and despite his mama's instructions to stay away from her, Leonardo couldn't ignore her distress.

Leonardo was about to approach Gabriella when suddenly, all the lights shut off, and someone grabbed him.

"MAMA! PAPA!" Leonardo shouted as he kicked his assailant.

Salvatore and Valentina gasped upon hearing Leonardo's cry, the room shook, and the lights slowly dimmed.

Salvatore's face pales as he realized the situation at hand.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! SHOOT, NOW!" Salvatore shouted.

While Salvatore searched for Leonardo in the dark, he expected others to defend the family, but to his dismay, no one did.

"GET OFF ME!" Leonardo pleaded, kicking the man harder.

The man refused to let go and pulled something from his pocket, stabbing it into Leonardo's arm.

Leonardo winced, feeling the sting in his arm from whatever the man had stabbed him with.

After kicking the assailant repeatedly, he was finally released, and clutched his injured arm, grappling with the pain inflicted during the struggle.

As the lights turned on, only a few were defending the family.

Alessandro, Salvatore, Valentina, Lucia, Dante, and Emiliano.

The rest had betrayed them.

"Is everyone alright?" Alessandro asked, scanning the room.

Most nodded, but Leonardo, in shock, exclaimed, "GABRIELLA! GABRIELLA IS MISSING, AND THE DIAMOND!"

Salvatore's heart sank. He knew who had kidnapped his daughter.

"Kazuya Asahi. I'm going to kill that bastard!" Salvatore declared angrily.

Alessandro's eyes widened at Salvatore's statement.

Kazuya Asahi?

The leader of the Yakuza mafia gang in Japan?

There was no way he kidnapped Gabriella.

*********

As Leonardo tried to recollect what happened afterward, his mind resisted, almost as if the memory had vanished from his consciousness.

Was it possible that he never truly experienced it?

Shaking off his contemplation, Leonardo was about to leave the room to see Mina when the door swung open, revealing Gabriella, with Salvatore following behind.

"WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?" Gabriella snapped angrily.

Salvatore sighed, pulling Gabriella into a hug before apologizing.

"I'm sorry. What I said was wrong. Both you and Jace mean so much to me. And Leonardo, I suppose I'm sorry too. You were just defending your sister, like any brother would do. Now can we all forget about this, please? Let us enjoy breakfast."

Leonardo was taken aback by Salvatore's unexpected apology, while Gabriella pouted.

Salvatore shrugged, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Come on, bambina! Forgive your papa! What can I do to earn your forgiveness, hmm?" Salvatore pleaded.

Gabriella smirked, pointing to Salvatore's pocket where his wallet was.

Salvatore smiled, handing his wallet to Gabriella, who gleefully accepted it while Leonardo scoffed at the playful exchange.

"What? Just because Daddy doesn't let you spend his money, doesn't mean you gotta shit on me! Get yourself a sugar momma. Maybe Ami—"

Gabriella began, but Leonardo interrupted her,

"Jace! You have to apologize to Jace, right?"

Salvatore's eyes widened, and he hastily left the room to find Jace, leaving the siblings alone once again.

Gabriella wore a sly smirk as Leonardo struggled to keep Mina's name from slipping out, realizing her brother's deep affection.

"You love Mina, don't you?" Gabriella said, her smirk widening.

Leonardo tensed momentarily, but quickly shook his head, eliciting laughter from Gabriella.

"Liar! I don't know how you fell in love with her, but I do want you to know I support it! But she's married Leo. What are you going to do?" Gabriella asked with curiosity.

Upon hearing Gabriella's words, Leonardo responded with a smirk of his own.

"I'm sure her marriage is bound to end soon. I mean, her husband shot her! Then maybe we'll be together. It's as simple as that!"

Gabriella scoffed, leaving Leonardo perplexed.

"What? You don't think we'll end up together?" Leonardo questioned, his confusion evident.

"I'm not sure, Leo. But you do know you have to be Muslim to marry her, right?" Gabriella questioned.

Leonardo was surprised by this revelation, unaware that converting to Islam was a requirement for marriage.

"I have to be Muslim? And do the whole ceremony?" Leonardo inquired.

Gabriella nodded, before speaking again.

"And you have to ask for her parents approval, provide a dowry which is whatever Mina wants, and wait. You have to wait three months after her divorce to pursue her, because she could be pregnant."

Leonardo's eyes widened with realization, discovering the intricate details involved in an Islamic marriage.

The notion of Mina potentially being pregnant with Kai's child left Leonardo uneasy.

"Okay then. I'll become Muslim," Leonardo declared with a hopeful smile.

Gabriella sighed, shaking her head multiple times, further confusion Leonardo.

"You can't just become Muslim to marry someone Leo! It has to come from the sincerity of your heart!" Gabriella groaned.

"How do you know so much about Islam?" Leonardo asked.

"My stepdad hated Muslims. He studied them for a while, and always told us of his research. Apparently, he thinks it's madness that woman are supposed to cover up! Let a woman cover up if she wants! It's the one thing my sisters, and mom disagreed on together. Who knew an islamaphobe would bring me closer to my mom?!" Gabriella said chuckling.

Leonardo smiled, realizing Gabriella's stepdad was truly the bitch she had always described.

While the journey would be hard, Leonardo was determined to go through with it, because he truly wanted Mina.

There was only one thing left to tackle.

His marriage to Aurora.

"Gabriella? Can you help me with something?" Leonardo asked hesitantly.

Gabriella nodded, her curly brown hair bouncing as she replied.

"Yeah, Leo? What's up?"

"I need you to help me get rid of Aurora," Leonardo confessed, his voice shaky.

"You want me to kill her?!" Gabriella exclaimed excitedly.

Leonardo shook his head, prompting a disappointed groan from Gabriella.

"I want you to bring Emiliano closer to her. I can tell he has a thing for her. Maybe, they'll fall in love, and I'll be off the hook," Leonardo explained with a hopeful smile.

Gabriella raised an eyebrow in curiosity, wondering about Leonardo's intentions to be "off the hook."

"Okayy Leo. I'll help you. But what's in it for me?" Gabriella asked curiously.

Leonardo sighed, searching for the right gift to give her.

Gabriella sensed Leonardo's uncertainty about what to present and finally offered her suggestion.

"I want to meet Mina. Now."

Leonardo's eyes widened in surprise, but he nodded in agreement, eliciting a squeal from Gabriella.

"Okay, we'll go. But first, I need to call someone," Leonardo said, heading towards the phone.

"Who?" Gabriella asked curiously.

Leonardo sighed before dialing the buttons and pulling the string.

"Hello?" The person answered on the other side.

"Hey. I need you to turn off all the electricity in the Birmingham apartments. I want to see Mina, but I don't want her husband there." Leonardo replied gently.

"Alright. But be careful! the cops are hot on your tail." The person warned.

Leonardo sighed in understanding before finally responding.

"Okay thanks, Kenji."

Hi friends!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!!

It's been a while, I know.

I got sick, and I've been working on this chapter for a while but was too tired to finish.

Btw I used the Asterisk symbols to separate the paragraphs so I hope it isn't confusing!

Omg the plot twist at the end? *gasp*

Anyways, hope this makes up for the delay!!

Till next time! XoxoSaf

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 1.6K 52
❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬? ❞ ~~~~~...
226K 5.6K 31
Sinner. That's what I was when I married Romeo Valentino Ferro La Montana. Hopeless. That's what I became when he promised me death. Shameful. Sacrif...
1.2M 27.1K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...
12.2M 368K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...