déjà vu - KOTLC

By A_mesmer_246

Hi everyone! I will be writing this in my free time (which will be super spreed out, sorry) its takes place... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Not a chapter! Chapter #
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
A/N... Oops (IMPORTANT!)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 37

183 4 7
By A_mesmer_246

And now...

For the moment we have all been waiting for...

The man who deserves way more page time...

Our cinnamon roll...

Drum roll please...

~Dexy's POV~

Dex heard noises coming from Sophie's room... What was she doing? He heard Sandor walk down the stairs... Why would he abandon his post?
Questions spun through Dex's head. "Sandor is Sophie alright?"

"Yes. she told me she needed to be alone."

Okay something was up...

"Did you see her? What was she doing? Why did she want to be alone?"

"I uh... Didn't ask. Her door was locked. I trust her so i doubt shes doing anything i would disapprove of. and shes had a very trying few days... I figured she was just catching a break." Sandor said bluntly.

Dex was glad he respected Sophie. But Dex knew something was up... He could just tell. He was Sophie's best friend after all. He knew how she was... And this wasn't her. The possibility of somebody making it through Havenfields security were slim, but nothing was ever impossible. He knew about that first hand. Sandor walked off. Lovies's was down stairs talking with the rest of the adults and the triplets were playing with the Alicorns.

CRASH! SQUEAK!

Dex sprinted up the stairs. That definitely sounded wrong and also Iggy sounded hurt. Sophie would never hurt Iggy. Never. "SOPHIE?" Dex shouted from the stairs. No answer. "SOPHIE! ARE YOU OK?" He asked, again, shouting from the stairs. He heard soft rustling and a few squeaks that sounded a lot like Iggy. Oh no...

He sprinted up the stairs and tested the door. Locked. Just like Sandor said. "Ugh!" He grunted in frustration. He needed something sharp. He garbed his family crest pin and pined the sharp needle into the first opening he found. He close his eyes and concentrated. He willed the pins needle to jostle the gears in the door. waking them up. Something was wrong. the gears were severed. he concentrated harder and willed them to move anyway, moving in the way they were meant to. After  one minute he heard a click and he turned the handle and slid his pin back on. What he saw chilled him to the bone.

Footprints on the flower carpet...

scattered pages and papers...

Half a door knob on the floor...

drops of blood...

Iggy staggering away from the far wall...

How did this happen!? "SANDOR GET UP HERE RIGHT NOW! HURRY!!" Dex screamed as he scanned Sophie's room for any other clues. The pieces formed together in his head. Sophie must have been locked in by something. she fought back but was overpowered. Iggy tried to help. But who could get into Havenfield? unless...

Sandor burst into the room, interrupting Dex's train of thought. "What happened!" He barked and started stalking around the room.

That was when Dex saw it.
A half open window. "Sandor what do you smell?" He asked.

Sandor sniffed the air and gasped, "Ash." He said. This confirmed what Dex had though... but he wished it didn't. Dex cursed and pulled out his imparter. He stalked out of the room and held it up to him.

"Show me Keefe Scencen." He stated. The device flashed and a second later Keefe's face poped up on screen.

"Dex? Whats--"

"Get over to Havenfield with Ro right now." Dex commanded. He was angry. He couldent believe he let this happen! He should have checked on her after Keefe left. How could he be so stupid! Keefe gave him a worried glance but nodded and flashed away.

Dex hailed Tam next. The the Vackers. Then Wylie. Then the black swan and finally, the Council. He had to get everybody to Havenfield now. "Dex whats going on?"

Oh no...

"Edaline can you get my mom and dad from the kitchen?" Dex said gently. Edaline stared at him with fearful eyes.

"Wheres Sophie?" She asked.

Oh no again...

Dex just sighed sadly and jogged to the door where Ro was standing. Tears started to form in Edalines eyes. Flori Sprinted for Sophie's room with Lovies right behind her screaming, "SANDOOOORRRRRR!"

Dex threw the door open and grabbed Ros wrist and started dragging her up stairs. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes... Why did they have to do it again?

"Slow down Dexy! Whats going on here!" Ro demanded.

Dex just kept walking.

Dex glanced at Keefe with a grim look. Realization suddenly dawned on him. He scowled and started muttering some very, very colorful words. Ro was glancing back and fourth between the two boys. They may not have Telepathy, but they knew exactly what each other was thinking.

"Ok seriously what the **** is going on here!?" Ro screamed.

Sandor's orders were getting louder and louder. Then they finally got to Sophie room. Ro cursed and Keefe sprinted back down the stairs. Dex was hot on his heels. He could hear Keefe muttering more and more curses. then they heard the door burst open again and they both sprinted for the second flight. Everybody was a panicked mess. Fitz was screaming for somebody to explain what was happening. Before Keefe and Dex could say anything a very, very, very angry Ro stalked over to Dex, "Get over here! Your not done!"

"Jeez I know! Keefe tell them." Dex said. Keefe looked up at Dex. Tears started streaming down his face. he gave a small head shake.

"OH COME ON! WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING!" Fitz screamed. Uh oh. Fitz was going to be out for murder when he finds out who did it. "Ok I want everybody to calm down! We're still figuring out what happened. although I think I might..."

"That why we need you computer brain! Get up here!" Ro shouted and started running up the stairs. Dex looked back at Keefe who was punching the wall. The Dex got an idea, "Keefe! Get out there with Silveny! Try that contact thingy again... you might be able to get through." Dex said as he ran back up the stairs. Keefe's face brightened and he sprinted out the door. Everybody started yelling again, demanding to know what was happening but Dex just ignored it.

He got back to her room and ran over to Iggy. He cant believe he forgot about the poor thing! The imp scurried up to Dex's shoulder and curled into a tight ball. Dex would have to worry about him later. The bodyguards all looked at him, waiting for him to explain.

"Ok so clearly Sophie was kidnapped again. She obviously put up a fight because of the mess and the blood on the ground. Ro dose it smell like Sophie's?" Dex asked. Ro sniffed the drops before shaking her head. Dex cursed again, "So it was him." He muttered.

"Who?" Sandor barked.

"Alvar. It had to be him. He could sneak past you easily Sandor. Ro and Keefe left so that left an opening for him to storm in. Hes a Vanisher and the ash just confirms my suspicion. He must have locked the door to stop you from getting in and cornered Sophie. Sophie must have given him some sort of fight cause that must be his blood. He must have gotten Sophie unconscious somehow and left through that window." Dex explained.

"But Sophie told me she was fine when her door had been locked." Sandor said.

"Maybe she was manipulated into telling you that somehow. a threat maybe?" Dex said, thinking about other possibility's. Sandor shook his head and punched the wall. Ro muttered more curses. "Do you have those hideouts confirmed enough?" She said, "We could start storming them and try to find Blondie." She said.

"We could, but lets think about the risks here. Sophie is currently a captive of lunatics with weapons. If we do it stealthily then maybe, but it could endanger her... and Grady for that matter... we have to get them both out." Dex said. Ro cursed again.

Flori walked up to Dex, "What if you sent me? I'll be careful. just tell me the locations and ill scan the area for anything suspicious." She said. she looked determined; ready for anything.

"Ok. i'll give you the locations after everyone leaves. as for other secret matters, we have to keep the hideout thingy secret for now till we confirm things. other than that we really need to call an emergency team meeting when everyone else leaves." Dex said.

Sadness and worry started crushing down on him. His best friend just got stolen away... again! Tears trailed down his cheeks as reality set in. Iggy nuzzled him. "So what do we tell everyone for now?" Ro asked.

"Tell them the obvious stuff and let them get all smart. they can discuss what they'll do while we'll discuss what we do i guess." Dex responded. Ro nodded and they walked out to the stairs again. as soon as everyone saw him they started yelling. Alden and Della apparently joined them at some point. Keefe's dad was also there but he was in a dark corner, thinking. Keefe must have still been outside.

"WHAT HAPPEND!"

"There better be a good explanation for this!"

"Wait!" Biana screamed. Everyone stopped and started at her. Tears formed in her eyes, "Where is Sophie?" She whispered.

Everyone was shouting again. Dex was getting overwhelmed. his voice wasn't working... he couldent say anything.

"SHUT UP!" Keefe said from the doorway. Everybody stopped again. Keefe was seething with anger. his jaw was clinched and his expression was one of the scariest things Dex had ever seen. Keefe locked eyes with Dex and shook his head. No luck. tears fell from Dex's face again. flashback flooded his vision.

Sophie, tied to a chard chair, burns covering her wrists...

The sickeningly sweet smell that stung their noses...

the burning pain from their interrogations...

"Dex." Somebody said. Dex's vision cleared and he saw Keefe standing in front of him. Keefe gave him a look that said, are you okay?

Dex just shook his head. 

Keefe nodded and turned back to the crowd. "Okay... S-Sophie.... S-she's been taken again." Keefe said. His voice cracked with every word. Dex clinched his fists. Burning anger flooded him. Everybody started yelling again.

Biana was crying in Della's arms.
Edaline was sobbing on the couch, Juline was sitting beside her.
only a few councilors had made it: Bronte, Emery, Oralie, and Terik.
Bronte, Emery, and Alden were screaming.
Mr. Forkle was yelling at the collective. the collective was screaming back.
Tergan was pacing back and fourth and muttering something to Oralie who was pacing next to him.
Lord Cassius was still thinking in a corner.
Fitz, Tam, and Marella were yelling at each other.
Linh was trying to hold back her brother.

"SHUT UP!" Keefe screamed again.

"HOW CAN WE!? SOPHIE IS GONE!" Fitz screamed back into the silence.

"We know what happened!" Ro said. that shut everybody else up. she glanced at Dex. He sighed and explained the situation. He told them that Alvar must have been the one to sneak in and a few other details. Fitz looked ready to kill the person next to him. "So what do we do?" Linh asked. Mr. Forkle stepped up, "Me and the other telapaths in this room are going to try something." He said. Alden, Fitz, Emery, and Tergan stepped forward and they formed a circle. "We are going to try combining our mental reserves to locate Sophie." He said. "What if she dosent hear it?" Fitz asked.

"With your mental power and the rest of us combined I think we can do it." Mr. Forkle said.

"Will it make it past her blocking?" Alden asked.

"If we make it powerful enough she should be able to FEEL it before she hears it." Mr. Forkle said.

Councilor emery shook his head, "Something like this hasn't been tried for over 5,000 years."

"I know... But its our only chance." Mr. Forkle said.

"Could Silveny help?" Linh asked from outside the circle.

"No." Lord Cassius intervened.

"Who asked you?" Fitz said in an dangerous tone.

"Nobody. But I believe that if me and my son help you could get a better reach. Besides, an Empath may be usefully if she is going to feel anything." He retorted.

"As much as i hate to say it, I agree with Daddyo over there." Keefe said. Mr. Forkle though about if for a moment and glanced at Tergan. They started for a few minutes before they both nodded, "Yes, Lord Cassius has a good point." Tergan said. Keefe and Lord Cassius joined the circle. Dex watched from his spot at the stairs. he constantly checked his panic switch in case it went off... but he doubted Sophie could even press her button. she may be unconscious, or worse. The Telepaths and two Empaths all joined hands and closed their eyes. five minutes went by.

then ten.

then fifteen.

Sweat dripped down their faces and their expressions contorted with concentration. Ten more minutes went by when Alden branched away and started punching a wall. Mr. Forkle looked up and started staring intently at Teargan, who had tears in his eyes now. Emery ran over to the other councilors. Keefe screamed and punched the floor. Fitz had pure hatred in his eyes as he stared at the ground. Lord Cassius sighed sadly and stalked back to his corner. "Is somebody going to tell us what just happened?" Tam asked. everybody went dead silent and stared at the Telepaths. The other councilors paled and Oralie fainted as Emery whisper hissed to them. the collective went ballistic and started the next big screaming match.

"OK WHAT, FOR THE LOVE OF YETI'S, JUST HAPPENED!?" Ro shouted. Keefe growled and punched the floor more.

Mr. Forkle sighed and turned to everyone else. tears glazed over his eyes.

"Did you talk to her?" Edaline asked.

"Yes..." Mr. Forkle started, "She heard us... but as soon as she heard she transmitted:

Stop it!
I'm not safe anymore!
This is my Swan Song
... "

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this very special chapter... (Very, very special) *Hides*
Vote and comment if you liked it! More will be coming I promise!

Word Count: 2327

Happy reading everyone!

~@A_mesmer_246

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 456 33
So, under KOTLC Thoughts and Theories by me (I deleted it but I'm keeping the oneshots), duh, I wrote oneshot prompts for the Unlocked countdown. Eac...
348K 4.5K 36
A kotlc fan fiction taking place right after Legacy. Caution: CONTAINS A LOT OF SOKEEFE FLUFF! (Completed)
8.5K 185 33
This fanfic takes place after Unlocked, which ends (spoiler alert) with Keefe leaving. Sophie's feeling pretty awful, but the Neverseen is still a th...
25.1K 280 23
This book takes place right after Legacy, and it's just a continuation of it! Since Unlocked has not come out yet, this is just what I think/ want to...