Dream || Neteyam

By pountinecoats

Ni'awtu is like her mother in most cases. When the Sully family shows up seeking shelter, Nia is almost as f... More

Introduction
Songs
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty- One
Twenty- Two
Twenty- Three
Twenty- Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty- Six
Twenty- Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty- Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty- Two
Thirty- Three
~Thirty- Four~
~Thirty- Five~
~Thirty- Six~
Thirty- Seven
Epilogue
Authors Note

Sixteen

4.1K 135 39
By pountinecoats

italicized means under water sign language

Bold is when they are connected to the spirit tree

Follow us, I sign under the water. Everything in me is filled with excitement as we ride our ilus under the water to the cove of ancestors.

This place is always a rush of every emotion you can think of.

Tuk and Kiri ride beside me. Tuk smiles and waves, and I return the greeting. She is such a sweetheart.

We all ride through coral and kelp as we approach the big area.

Underneath the rocks, we go up. Neteyam comes next to me, and runs his ilu into mine as a joke.

I glare at him sarcastically and then laugh. "Look." Tsireya says in front of us.

Everyone looks towards the opening, and though I've been here many times before, I'm still amazed by its beauty.

Our floating rocks are all over, and there are the rocks that almost form a circle.

Birds fly around on the rocks, the greenery blows in the wind. It is one of my favorite places to be. 

I wonder what the Omaticaya's spirit tree looks like.

"Wow." Neteyam whispers beside me. A smile crosses his face, coming from the beauty.

Tuk giggles from beside me and Kiris mouth is still open. "Nia, this is so beautiful." She says, still looking forward.

"Yes it is, eclipse is the best time to come." I look up to the sky and still see the little sliver of the bright sun.

"Wait, where is your tree?" Tuk asks.

I look to Tsireya and smile. Over on the side, Roxto, and Aonung laugh quietly.

"Come everyone!" Tsireya exclaims.

We all follow her. I know where she is going, but no one knows where the tree is.

Neteyam looks over to me, brushing his leg against mine. His hair flows around his face.

I glance over and let his contagious smile make one on my face.

"What does your tree look like?" I ask.

The two of us slow down, becoming the last two of the group.

"Hmm," He hums, thinking. "It is white, and flows in the wind. Around it is the circle rocks like yours. And there is a patch of land in front of it that you can pray on."

"Plants grow around it, and it lights up all of our people." He pauses for a moment as our leg brushes again. "It's undescribable."

"It sounds amazing." His explanation was brief, but so imaginative at the same time.

It is still one of my dreams to visit his home. Now that we are friends, maybe I can invite him too.

"What do you think you're going to see?" He asks, quietly.

I take a deep breath. "I have no idea."

There could be an array of things. The future, my friends, Aytio. The thought of it makes my skin have chills. It would be crazy.

"What about you, Jungle Boy?"

He shrugs.

"This is our spirit tree." Tsireya says enthusiastically while gesturing to the glowing tree underneath the water.

They all look down, their faces becoming more amazed. 

I climb off of Roisu, into the water, looking up as everyone follows. Neteyam, Tuk, this way

They both follow, as I sign for them to connect with the tree. Next to them, Kiri and Tsireya do the same thing. 

Looking up at the long branch, my stomach turns. I grab my hair and pull it forward. Iconnect, close my eyes, and let myself slip into the vision. 

I am on the beach. It is sunny, and the wind is light, but enough to blow my hair. The sides of my vision are blurred. 

The sand beneath me is damp, and the water rushes up to my feet. 

The water is warm, and comforting. I step forward towards a palm tree a couple steps away.

Someone sits underneath it, their back towards me. All the sudden I am right there, behind them.

I tap their shoulder, and watch as he turns around. Aytio stands up, in front of me. 

The instant I see his face, tears fill my eyes. "Hi Ni'awtu," I close my eyes. I can't believe I am seeing him. "What's wrong?" 

I smile and look up at him. My arms fling out and around him. He is still warm, he still feels the same. 

"I miss you so much." He smiles and laughs. 

"I miss you too." He says, pulling away to look at me. "Youve been doing good."

"It doesnt feel like it." I say, looking down at his necklace. 

He pushes my hair behind my ear. "In the past week. And since theyve come."

I laugh, and move my head against his shoulder again. "I feel like the only thing thats been fine is the past week. It scares me."

"Ni'awtu, that is good." He grabs my chin and pulls me to look at him. "You cannot hold onto me for the rest of your life."

Ive been trying. I miss him so much now. 

"You know what you want, youve just pushed it away." He is right. Hearing it from him, knowing that hes been watching, makes it mean so much more. 

Avoiding everything is not the way to do it. But getting in trouble, losing someone, changing my life completely is even more terrifying than not listening to him. 

"Youre right Aytio." He nods, and pushes his hair out of the way.

"Ni'awtu, I love you." I look up at him surprised, the last tear falling onto my cheek. I never heard him say that. I knew he did, but never heard it. "And I dont want you messing your life up because of me."

"I love you too." I say quietly. 

"One thing, and then you go?" He asks in an asking tone. 

His blue eyes look down to my lips. My breath hitches, this is crazy. 

Our lips meet. Everything is magical. Ive never felt better than I do now. 

When I open my eyes, I jump backwards. I am taller, it is raining. And Neteyam stands in front of me. 

I look at him confused, and a smile covers his face. "What?" I ask.

"Why are you confused Nia?" He asks. 

"I-"

Someone shakes me, and I fall out of the vision into the water. 

The tree is blinking, and everyone is frantic as they all disconnect from it. 

Neteyam was the one shaking, and he points towards Kiri. She shakes, and flails around in the water. 

We all swim over to her quickly. Pushing her up onto the surface, Neteyam calls his ilu. 

"Come on!" He says to us. His voice is scared. 

I am panting as I climb onto my ilu as well. 

"Kiri," Tuks voice is shaking when we arrive at the top. 

"What is it?" I ask, my voice is also shaking. Tears fill my eyes, and I ride over to help Neteyam onto his ilu. 

"It was a seizure." He explains, settling her on. 

He blows air into her mouth, covering her nose. "Is she breathing?" I ask.

"Is she breathing?" Roxto also asks, holding onto his ilu. 

He blows on last time, and then she opens her mouth more, gasping for air. 

"Get her to the village." Tsireya says. 

"We need to get mom." I say to her.

"Lets go!" Neteyam calls, rushing through the water. 

As soon as we get home, Neteyam is calling to the maruis for help. Everyone comes rushing over, instantly picking up Kiri, carefully. 

"Kiri!" Neytiri yells as soon as she sees her. "My daughter!"

I climb off of my ilu to the dock. 

The people carry Kiri past Neytiri. She follows Kiri closely towards their home. I am shortly behind her, Neteyam coming up next to me. I barely notice him.

My entire focus right now is Kiri, and how Neytiri is. 

The men set down Kiri in the marui, and Neytiri quickly crouches over her. "Kiri?" She asks, her breathing is heavy.

She looks at Neteyam and I. "What happened to her?" Her eyes are filled with tears that have not yet fell. 

"I think it was a seizure." Neteyam explains, stepping forward. 

His voice is no longer frantic, but I can tell in his face he is scared. He is only trying to cover it all up for his mom. 

"Neytiri, my mother should be coming for help. I dont know how long." She nods and turns back towards Kiri, holding both sides of her face. 

"Kiri," Jakes voice sounds from behind us. Neteyam steps out of the way and looks at his father. 

He crouches beside his mate, and grabs Kiris hand. "They think it was a seizure." Neytiri cries. 

Neteyam stands there, watching the family. He doesnt know what to do. 

"Tuk, where is Tuk?" Jake turns to Neteyam, his strict voice coming through all of a sudden. 

"Uh-"

I look to Neteyam, stepping up. "She is with my sister."

He nods, looking back down. "Im going to call Norm and Max."

"Hey," I turn towards Neteyam, turning to the outside. People stand around, and watch the girl. "Are you going to stay?"

He looks at me, and then moves his eyes back to his sister. "Um," I let my hand grab his arm lightly, so no one can see. "No."

He turns around with me. His mind is clearly full, I feel awful for him.

"Hey, she will be okay." I say, as we finally get out of the crowd. 

"Yeah," He breathes out. 

We end up at the beach, no words spoken. But no awkwardness between us. 

"Neteyam," I start.

"Ni'awtu," He sits down on the warm sand. "That was terrifying." He looks out to the water, rushing in and then back out lightly. 

"I know, I couldnt imagine." If one of my siblings had that happen, I would be in the same case as him. 

He doesnt say anything for a moment, but then moves his knee over, pushing mine. 

"What did you see Ni'awtu?" I look over to him, resting my cheek on my arm that rests on my leg. 

The flashes of before come back. From my vision. 

It was one of the craziest connections Ive had. The second vision with Neteyam I infer is from the future. 

I cant imagine my future with anyone, let alone Neteyam. 

But that was what Aytio was talking about. He doesnt want me to hold onto him, and he wants me to go for what I want. 

Deep down I do know what I want, but for right now, I wont do it.

I want to tell him, but not tonight. "I cant tell you tonight. Okay?"

He nods. "Soon."

"Soon." I repeat. "Yours?"

He breathes in. "My family, our future. And," I quickly look away from him and to the sand. "honestly, you."

I look up again. Oh shit. 

"Oh," 

"Yeah," He smiles, and grabs my hand. "Ni'awtu, I wont tell you about it until you want to know about it."

"Okay." I nod. I hate to leave him hanging, but I dont want to hear it until I am ready to tell him mine. "I also wont tell you about what I have until I am ready."

"Okay." His grin grows. 

"Im sorry Neteyam."

"Ni'awtu, it is fine. I will wait until you are ready." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 389 18
"𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘕𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘺𝘢𝘮, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘦." Life in Awa'atlu was as predictable as the way water flowed across...
195K 5.1K 30
Abandoned from birth. Trained to kill from a young age. obsessed with escaping earth and exploring the world of Pandora. A young girl finds a book al...
118K 2.6K 15
#1 Lo'akxreader -Sun jan 1 2023 ➜ ❝𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐢'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞, 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐭...
64.8K 1K 30
The sullys have gone through hardship with the sky people. The sky people have returned and destroyed their home but now they have to leave there hom...