My Section Leader's Secrets

By MISS_HOPEY123

Emily Greene is finally a freshman in high school and is joining her school's marching band. Everything is go... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Three

132 10 2
By MISS_HOPEY123

"You look beautiful." He says moving my hair back.

I blush and look away, not quite able to handle the way he's looking at me.

"Look at me." He tips my chin up and stares into my eyes. My breathing gets harder as he leans in closer and closer. His lips touch mine and-

"Emily! We're going to breakfast soon, get up!" I jerk awake to my mom's voice. Ugh. I flop back down on my pillow and rub my eyes. I never get to finish my dreams.

I push back the covers and stand up to stretch. I grab my clothes and toothbrush before trudging up the stairs and into the bathroom. After washing m face, brushing my teeth, and getting dressed, I take my things back downstairs and throw my hair into a pony tail. I grab my phone, shove it in my pocket, and head back upstairs.

"How did you sleep?" My Aunt asks as we get into the car.

"Great!" My mind wanders back to the dream.

My mom and my Aunt start talking about some new diet idea while I daze off thinking about Jackson. How would it actually feel to have his fingers caress my face, and his lips touch mine. I feel my face getting red as I continue daydreaming about this mysterious guy.

I take out my phone and contemplate texting Jackson, but decide against it. I can't text at meal times anyways.

We get to the restaurant "Leo's Café" and get seated by one of my Aunt's friends. We always come here for breakfast at least once while visiting Aunt Natalie.

I order a water and blueberry pancakes then close my eyes. Jackson's hard features fill my brain. His dark hair and eyes, his smirky half-smile, and his soft, smooth lips.

"Are you tired honey?" Aunt Natalie asks, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah kind of." I shrug and take a drink to stall. Thankfully, the waitress comes with our food and saves me from saying something I'll regret.

The rest of our meal is uneventful. I listen to my mom talk with my Aunt about anything and everything, we pay, and then we leave.

I check my phone as soon as we get into the car and notice I have a text. My heart jumps when I see it's from Jackson, even though I already know what it says.

Hey

Hey, what's up?

Nothing. You

Just got done eating breakfast.

Cool.

Mhm.

I'm starting to think it's impossible to carry on an actual conversation with this guy. Not that I mind, because talking to him at all is amazing.

When we get home, I grab my book (a recent vampire novel) and go outside to lay on a lawn chair in the sun.

Soo Jackson texts.

So how'd you sleep?

Okay. You

Pretty good. Have any dreams?

Not that I remember. Did you?

Should I tell him or not? I toy with my options before giving in.

Yeah, I did.

What was it about?

I type You and hover over the button for a few seconds before hitting send.

Oh

Yeah...

What

Idk, it's kind of awkward.

Ah.

This is so weird.

Do you ever have dreams?

Sometimes.

About what?

You.

You've had dreams about me? I've completely forgotten about my book and my face is heating more and more by the second.

Yeah alot actually.

A lot is two words. Smooth Emily.

I know

Okay sorry.

So what happened in your dream?

Should I tell him the truth or just make something up? I toy with my options for a couple seconds before settling on the truth.

Well, we were alone and just talking. You moved my hair aside and I was blushing a lot. You told me I was beautiful and then we were about to kiss, but I woke up. I hit send, relatively satisfied with this overview of my dream.

Sounds fun.

Really? I'm completely shocked.

Yea.

I can't help the smile that grows on my face. Could we actually have a chance? This is the nicest he's been to me since we met. If he's having dreams about me and he likes the dreams I have about him...

No. I shake my head. I have to forget about this, things could never work. He's a senior and I'm a freshman. Two completely different lives.

Wow. I finally answer.

What?

Nothing, just surprised I guess.

Oh.

So what have you had dreams about?

The same type of stuff really.

Like what?

I don't remember.

Of course he doesn't. Oh well, at least he admitted to having dreams.

"Emily!" My mom yells from the house. "We're going to watch Pitch Perfect, want to watch?"

Pitch Perfect is one of my favorite movies. "I'll be right in!" I call back. I tell Jackson I'll talk to him later, bookmark my page, and head inside.

The entire movie, I'm playing scenarios in my head.

Jackson and I at the park, swinging on the swings and sliding down the slides like one of those cute couples in the movies.

Jackson taking me to homecoming and bringing me flowers. Complimenting me on my dress and hair.

I think of a million different things that could happen with us, each one seeming less realistic than the last. As if any of this could actually happen between Jackson and me.

I don't know what about him makes me doubt his story. As much as I would like to believe he has feelings for me, it just doesn't seem right. I can't take it anymore so I grab my phone and text on an impulse.

Would you actually go to homecoming with me?

Idk

Of course you don't.

What's wrong?

Do you like me?

Idk

I'm tired of playing this game, Jackson.

What?

You tell me you like me, then you completely ignore what you said. Then, because you told me you liked me, I started actually thinking about how this relationship can work. But now you're just giving me I don't know answers.

I'm sorry.

I don't want your apology. Get off the damn fence, make a choice or get out of my life.

You're right.

What the hell did I just do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 138 24
What happens when you join the Marching Band? You play music of course, but there are also the band romances that make you stop and think. Maybe Dann...
2.1K 166 25
[Based on a true story] Kaylee has no clue what happened. One second, she is sitting in middle school with her nose stuck in a book, and the next she...
52.2K 1.6K 48
Zoey is a freshman and she's new to the marching band. She's there to follow her family tradition and continue a legacy. At first she's unexcited abo...
228K 8.3K 99
#1 - Shocks & #1 - Drums 6-10-20 #1 - Guitar 14/2/20 "Why did you come here tonight?" He whispers, looking down at my lips in frustration. He's fight...